Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:05:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 671
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 666
Total: 668

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tired of everything  (Read 4575 times)

Offline jinghua

Tired of everything
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:28:00 am »
I always question myself

`Why is it so hard to find a guy to love me?'....WAIT...

The problem is `I do not go out at all! I basically live in a prison state of mind so afraid of finding a guy to come into my life to love me and cherish me...'

Then, I realized that `I'm hoping to be dug out from the ground!' maybe this is the reason why I couldn't see anyone at all because I'm too afraid to throw myself out there and scream `hey~ I'm here!!!! come to me!!'

I wonder how much longer I can live like this and pray to GOD to give me a guy?

Jing Hua
Live started to change...i wish i can have a better life...

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Tired of everything
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:54:08 am »
Thing is, God won't give you a guy.

It's a better goal, in my opinion, to try to become the kind of guy you want. Guy, girl, person, whatever. Do you want someone riddled with despair and doubt? Do you want someone who lives like a prisoner? What then? Would you be prisoners together?

No, the things you are feeling are legitimate and important. You need to heal yourself, take this time to build yourself up, so that when you emerge from your self-imposed prison, you have something real to offer someone else. Something uplifting, something full of hope and passion and love.

If you don't love yourself, then how could you love someone else? If that love comes from an untrue place, then it's a lie. And you do not seem to me to be the lying type.

This time alone is important, PLEASE allow yourself the space and the time to heal.

You can, and if you allow yourself, you WILL have a fantastic life. There will be friends, amazing experiences, and yes - love. But it starts with you.

Waiting to be dug out of the ground is a risky thing to do. Even if someone is furiously above you somewhere digging, don't you feel that they deserve to be met halfway up? We start with our fingernails and teeth, but we can displace earth a gram at a time until a hand is free, then the other. And we dig.

That's what you need to do right now. And if you do, you will find that YOU are the champion, the hero, that you thought you were waiting for. Because when you find that guy, it's a certainty that ultimately they will need rescuing too. We all do.

I hope you can find strength in knowing that you are not fundamentally alone here.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 02:10:57 am »
I always question myself

The problem is `I do not go out at all! I basically live in a prison state of mind so afraid of finding a guy to come into my life to love me and cherish me...'

Allow yourself the time and space to recover and heal, Jinghua. Don’t go hard on yourself. When you begin to appreciate yourself again, when you love yourself, doubtless someone will do the same sooner or later.

Only the person who loves you most can dig you out of the ground, and that person is you.

Hugs.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:02:50 am »
Not only is it hard to find a guy it's also hard to find friends.  But the only way to do it is to go out and try to meet people.  No one is going to knock on your door looking for you.   I've been trying to make new friends in hopes that thru them or going out to bars of other places I will meet someone. 
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:38:03 am »

If you don't love yourself, then how could you love someone else?

Can I gey an Amen? (Were you channeling RuPaul?)

Livewithit-is also right no one is going to cone and knock on your door asking you to be their boyfried.

You need to WORK at it.  Finding a relationship takes effort and once you find one, keeping it going takes even more effort.  Its work (its awesome work, but its still work)

Relationships dont just happen
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline weasel

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:30:00 pm »

Hello Jing Hua  ,

I hope you are taking some of this good  advice  that has been offered ,
 Life goes on and it's a one way ticket . 
   try to find things that are fun to do and that will bring you near people .

I  love people so I just go places where i will find people I have something
  in common with , Car shows , Construction stores , Try whatever it is you
 enjoy . 
  Having been volunteering lately I have met lots of new people  ;)

It is good to get out and be happy . Most of the people I know are neither gay nor men or are  HIV POZ , But they are live people that make me feel good to talk with .

I hope to hear good news from you  :)

Weasel 

" Live and let Live "

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 09:48:34 pm »
I always question myself

Then, I realized that `I'm hoping to be dug out from the ground!' maybe this is the reason why I couldn't see anyone at all because I'm too afraid to throw myself out there and scream `hey~ I'm here!!!! come to me!!'

I wonder how much longer I can live like this and pray to GOD to give me a guy?

Jing Hua

Lighten up.  You gotta work that booty or you'll never get jack squat. Have you ever had a boyfriend?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline noregrets

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »
Jing Hua,

Others in this thread have given some great advice.  Like you, I've felt like this at times too (more often than I'd like to admit).  It sounds a bit cliche, but really the best thing you can do is work on YOU before you can expect to find someone that wants to be with you.

Good luck & hang in there.   :D
Joey

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Diagnosed:  Dec. 15, 2011
Jan. 2012:  CD4 - 584, VL - 104,000
July 2012:  CD4 - 435, VL - 265,000
Sept. 2012:  CD4 - 252, VL - 307,000
Started Atripla:  Oct. 2, 2012
Nov. 2012: CD4 - 563, VL - 8,440
Jan. 2013: CD4 - 540, VL - 436
April 2013: CD4 - 369, VL - 109
July 2013: CD4 - 721, VL - Undetectable (finally!)
Nov. 2013: CD4 - 795, VL - 21
Mar. 2014: CD4 - 759, VL - Undetectable
July 2014: CD4 - 586, VL - Undetectable
Dec. 2014: CD4 - 827, VL - Undetectable
July 2015: CD4 - 670, VL - Undetectable
Dec, 2015: CD4 - 855, VL - Undetectable

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 03:33:50 pm »
Lighten up.  You gotta work that booty or you'll never get jack squat. Have you ever had a boyfriend?

WTF?  ::)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline jinghua

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 07:16:14 am »
Dear All,

I feel so grateful by receiving these encouragement~~~ I'll start to alter my life and try to be a better and happy person~

Of course, it takes time and hopefully, I will be able to do it step by step~

Love,

Jing Hua
Live started to change...i wish i can have a better life...

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 08:52:02 am »
Try not to think of the challenge as you having to radically change who you are. 

Lonely people don't have to be "better" in order to have friends or love interests. The same goes with sad people. Its not as if pretending to be happy is the solution. 

The important thing is a shift in the way you view yourself, and your social life and love life.  Rather than thinking you are an exception, and something radical has to change, the things that need to change are smaller. 

If someone is lonely, then social contacts have to be made, and maintained.  This is harder for some to do than for others, true!  But for the people il at ease socially, they still will have to play the social gama a bit in order to have a social life or friends.  They don't need to be "better" or "happy".  The action is rather - to be more social!

The same with sex and love.  Nobody needs to be better or happy to deserve love.  Its not like there is rule book somewhere, or a judge, and you make yourself "better" or "happy" and the love door opens.   

Rather, its more baby steps, small steps, little adjustments.  Asking people out on dates, or accepting dates when someone asks you.  Not being a narcissist on the date, watchig the signals of the other, trying to please the other, trying to have a good evening where people go home content and wanting more.  Thats a minisummary of how relationships finally work.   Flawed idiosyncratic people meet each other, find a workable match, and go about making the time together rather more nice, than unpleasant.   So you don't have to be a "better person" or a "happy person" you just have to say "yes" to the give and take with another person that fits you, somehow.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.