Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 401
Total: 403

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Scared over bleeding cuticle and fingering incident--PEP?  (Read 45979 times)

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
Scared over bleeding cuticle and fingering incident--PEP?
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:10:43 pm »
Here is my issue—a part of me is saying---hey don’t worry and you know better---another part of me is scared to death. I was involved with a transsexual sex worker over the weekend. I used protection for everything, but I was bleeding from my cuticle and fingered her in the ass after we had anal sex.  She said she was not POZ, but I worried because I called the GMHC hot line in NYC and they said I should get PEP. They also said new research shows that HIV is in High concentrations in anal secretions.  I noticed the cut when I got in my car and it was bleeding. Now the forums history shows that you state NO WAY DOESN’T HAPPEN. I am wondering why that is? Also If she was bleeding inside her ass and I was bleeding from my finger then transmission would take place because this is inside the body. I did everything right Except where gloves—which I think is insane to do…please get back to me and let me know…thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Scared over bleeding cuticle and fingering incident--PEP?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:38:23 pm »
Joe,

I have a difficult time believeing someone at GMHC would tell you to get PEP over a fingering incident. Fingering is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you won't be the first.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 01:06:23 pm »
Thats great to here--any feedback on how this happens--or doesnt happen? I mean all the components are there.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 04:13:52 pm »
Joe,

Components? What components? Did you have unprotected intercourse? If "NO", then there are no "components".

You did NOT have a risk and it's time you got on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 01:13:34 pm »
Ok Ann,

Thanks for your feedback---I know its a pain to here people like me come here and ask stupid questions--especially when your dealing with the issue itself in your life everyday---But I guess I am wondering why---everywhere I go they say it is a risk? My finger was bleeding---enough for me to smear it on my nail. I had anal sex with her so I assume their was some blood as well from her that I did not see. I have lost weight and been depressed since this issue. If all the components ---blood open wound etc---are there then why is this considered no risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 04:30:53 pm »
If you keep asking around you're going to get more material to feed your worst fears with. I've never known of anyone to have been confirmed as having been infected through fingering. Not one, despite cuts, bruises, nicks and what have you. None.

I don't see any need for further concern nor for testing unless you're going to drive yourself nutz about this. In which case you can get tested at 13 weeks, collect the inevitable negative result and then get on with your life.

As for being told that by someone at GMHC, the quality of information unfortunately varies all too often depending on who picks up your call. If it was someone on their Hotline, they are volunteers sitting there with a standard response sheet and rarely someone who's really very well informed to answer specific questions. At least that's my impression.

You are worrying needlessly is my opinion.
Andy Velez

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 06:07:57 pm »
Thanks alot Andy---I think if this continues to bug me Ill have to get tested. Its just when people say--that blood is a risk and I had an open cut inserted into a body part---it makes me wonder whats the difference between my open cut on my finger and a penis without a condom?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 07:11:19 pm »
You aren't saying you don't know the difference between your finger and your penis? You have a bigger concern than HIV.

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 01:14:19 pm »
Im done for-----so I met with this transexual again---this time she blew me without protection----I fingered her again----rubbed the tip of my penis on her anus---did not penetrate--applied some pressiure with back of penis head---no insertion----now Im so confused I cant tell if the rubbing was insertion or not---thinking the worse---but I am 99% sure---the one percent is my fears---that I didnt insert---anyway we had a heart to heart and she swore up and down she isnt poz---and would never be with someone if she was---and that it would be cruel etc...but I saw a bottle of pills with label torn off----she opened it and there was a shit load of pills of which she said some were B12 hormoes vitamins etc....I knew she was lieing-----The bloody finger incident and rubbing against her anus after I fingered her today was the hole in the coffin....I know shes poz Im not dumb----And now I will be too

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:22:03 pm »
I also rimmed her---JESUS I AM NUTS OR WHAT!-----the local HIV hot line said if the cut on my finger was activley bleeding it was HIGH RISK! any contact with an open wound inside the body is a risk-----and no case of HIV was ever reported because more than fingering happend----but in this case something else didnt----

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 03:29:51 pm »
Yes, I would say you have a little mental concern. You don't listen..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 08:28:48 pm »
I don't care who told you what, nothing you have reported thus far put you at risk for HIV transmission.

If you keep calling hotlines and surfing the net you will undoubtedly find more stuff to scare yourself about. All with no basis in HIV science of course. So you need to stop with that stuff right now. It's addictive and will make you really nuts.

You have no cause for concern about HIV based on what you have reported. Since you are sexually active you ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Period. Stop with the drama.
Andy Velez

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 09:40:12 am »
Ok---so I obviously have issue with my sexuality and I dont know if its that---or I am just crazy---that causes these irrational fears. I have been experminenting more and more with something I have known to be a part of me since I was 7---Bisexuality---love women and men also---but with men I only seek out the sexual part- In order for this to happen I am usually drunk or high on coke---if not I dont have any interest in sleeping with men. So after this whole tranny incident I said thats it!--no more cocke or drinking---well sunday I fell into that same routine and ended up at a book store----while in a booth I bottomed for the first time ---this has been attempted before----this time he was in---he wore a condom and he wasnt that big or hard---which is why he got in...anyway---when he was done I pulled his penis out and the condom was on---but I felt something wet and drippy on the tip of the condom---I saw him take it off---after I picked up the condom and tested it in the bathroom at the book store and it was intact. Could fluids have seeped from the condom somehow? Like to the base and then dripped in me? I know for sure he had it on-----On another occcasion seem attempt to bottom---it was more pressure and dipping with condom----but the last time he pulled back condom was stuck to me and not on his penis---for the most part I was holding his penis to me and could feel it on---he said he took it off at the end---didnt cum etc...I think I wouldve known if he was in me with out---plus the condom was attached to me.---Am I having issues? or should I be worried----I know the durg abuse has to stop and I must deal with my sexual issues---

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 09:45:40 am »
You can add on all the details you want. It's still not going to change the basic which is that you were not at risk in the situation you're torturing yourself about.

However, your lengthy comments have persuaded me that you would benefit from talking with a therapist or other professional. Get some help and support with sorting out what are obviously powerful and complex issues for you sexually and otherwise. Torturing yourself in isolation with those thoughts and feelings is not going to help you to progress in dealing with them.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 11:08:52 am »
Andy, Ann

Thanks for all your help---I am seriously depressed and getting more and more depressed. Its even gotten to the point where I am telling myself "what if I only imagined a condom was used when I bottomed or attempted to bottom. The first time I remember the condom being there the whole time. Never felt skin to skin---when I looked back after he pulled away thats when I noticed it wasnt on him and it was stuck to me...but that incident involved more pressure and poking then insertion. But now in my mind I am imagining this all being foggy. I try and reinact that scenario and when i look over my shoulder I cant even seem to see that far behind me---so I dont know how I could have that night. But I know there was no penetration. Not to be graphic---but I held it a few times in order to place it in the proper area and felt the condom on...only at the end was when I saw it wasnt on him but attached to me----and the end had less pressure and poking then any other part of that brief moment....The anxiety is making me want to just jump out of a window!

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 11:10:26 am »
ALso,

I know you say no one has ever been poz off a fingering incident....how does one not become HIV poz from an incident involving an open wound/cut and it being inserted in to an anal cavity?

This will be my last post-----

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 11:14:58 am »
This is off the body.com---HIV from a bloody dollar bill? And my finger was actively bleeding!-

HIV and hepatitis C can be transmitted by blood-to-blood (HIV and Hep C) or blood-to-mucous membrane (HIV) contact. Consequently, infection is theoretically possible if one of your coked-up buddies was HIV and/or hepatitis C positive and if he actively bleeding and if you used the bill immediately after him and if you got a significant amount of the infected blood on your nasal membranes that may or may not have been fried and bleeding due to the coke. But that's a hell of a lot of "ifs" and in reality your acquisition risk is extremely low from snorting three lines. If you remain worried, I'd suggest you level with your wife and use condoms until your three-month definitive HIV test confirms you did not contract the virus. Your general medical doctor can also screen you with a simple blood test for hepatitis.

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 11:26:46 am »
I dont know anymore----your both reputable sites----I feel like killing myself!

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. In order to become infected with the HIV virus, the virus must first enter your bloodstream. If HIV doesn't get into the bloodstream, you will not acquire the infection. When you "finger" someone, you would first have to get semen, vaginal secretions, or blood into your cut. It would have to be a fresh open cut for the virus to enter your bloodstream. If it is not a fresh open cut, or if the cut is healing, chances are that the virus will not be able to get into your bloodstream. Fingering is considered safer sex, meaning there would be a risk of infection (if you had a fresh open cut on your finger), but normally the risk of infection would be quite low. So if your cut was healing, or had a scab on it, your risk of infection would be low. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide). Rick Sowadsky MSPH CDS

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 01:02:52 pm »
Joe,

If you cannot bring yourself to believe that you weren't at risk, why don't you just go test and collect your inevitable negative result.

You will not be permitted to use this forum to continually wring your hands over your no-risk incidents. Make sure you read our posting guidelines found in the Welcome Thread - and consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 04:54:32 am »
well its official---I just screwed myself---I was in a bookstore and once agin I let a guy penetrate me---maybe the tip of the head---for sure not his whole penis or head----anyway he was wearing a condomthen he pulled back and I reached under and can feel he came in the condom---but he siad it fell off when he pulled out---I didnt feel anything hot ---I am new to this so I dont know if there would be a difference between his bare penis in me or the condom---I asked him and he said his dick never touched me without the condom---I dont believe him---I am probably HIV poz now---its like Im begging for it---I no longer will explore sex with men---its too dangerous and makes me paranoid---should I pep?--I checked the condom it was full of cum---

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 05:42:57 am »
Get a grip or don't have sex with anyone. If he lost the condom on withdraw you were not at risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 06:15:21 pm »
Yeah I dont know whats wrong with me I keep getting paranoid and its making me nuts----I feel guilty after and it feels like I am having unprotected sex (the guilt that is) I hope I am ok and not POZ

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 06:31:28 pm »
Seek professional mental help.

Offline nolapozguy68

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 02:08:58 pm »
joey joey joey,

just make the trip and get tested to put all of the crazy things in your head to rest,

and I'm sure there are anonymous places to get this done so you wont have to worry bout

anyone knowing.

and if that doesn't work after all this seek mental health help maybee that's all you really need

thomas
AIDS/HIV HOUSING CASE MANAGER
New Orleans
AIDS/HIV housing case manager for non profit in new Orleans 40 years old poz for4 years healthy guy who cant find a normal gay man to love me.......

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 03:52:35 pm »
You think Ishould get tested because of a risk?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 07:11:58 pm »
Joe,

You haven't had a risk and you don't need to test over this specific incident.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS SPECIFIC INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 08:28:18 am »
Well--again---I was with the same transexual---applied pressure with now condoms---but did not enter----in the heat of the moment I put her cock in my mouth---dont know if there was precum---but I sucked for about 15 seconds----I am being extra safe----am I at risk?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 08:44:34 am »
Still no risk.

I urge you to read the LESSONS available on this site regarding HIV transmission until you comprehend them, something which has clearly not occurred.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 08:52:40 am »
I meant pressure with no condoms not *now condoms* why do I go through this shit----Im starting to hate sex!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 09:26:11 am »
Still no risk. HIV is transmitted internally.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:14 am »
well you seem to be on point about transmission----I fingered this same tranny with a bleeding cuticle---enough blodd that it was on my nail----that was fingering internally---final question final answer ---am I screwed? JK? Seriously man---its all there blood stream---ass---internal?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 10:20:57 am »
the long version:

In fingering, only menstrual blood carries any significantly infectious fluids. This is because the vaginal secretions found in the vaginal walls and the opening of the vagina are relatively uninfectious. it is the cervical fluids, deeper in the vaginal area, which pose a greater infectivity risk due to a higher concentration of active HIV.

Note I use the term ACTIVE and not alive. technically, HIV is not alive. It cannot reproduce on it's own. It requires a very specific type of white blood cell to infect with it's genetic material and essentially turn into an HIV producing factory. These receptive cells are commonly found in the urethra, in the dendritic cells under an uncircumsized foreskin, in the anus, and in the vagina. To a far lessor degree, there are some in the tonsil area as well.

So we have established that even if infectious fluids got into a cut in your finger, they would have to travel through your bloodstream and encounter one of these receptive cells. Not as likely event, at all. To the point where forcing it to happen in a lab using monkeys/primates and SHIV is largely unsuccessful. In a petri dish? Perhaps. In a bipedal organism? Difficult, if not impossible to achieve.

Now, about those infectious fluids. You realize that HIV mutates constantly, correct? Part of it's difficulty as regards a cure or vaccine is this constant mutation. Not the sort of mutation that makes a blood-borne pathogen airborne, but one which, in the long run, helps it to survive. HIV wears down an immune system by stimulating an immune response once the host is infected. And the host then produces antibodies, which destroy the viral particles and infected cells that are recognized.

At this point in infection, almost all the HIV is purged temporarily from the blood. However, reservoirs in the brain, organs, and lymphatic system are still there, and they mutate just enough so that the body must re-recognize them and mount another immune defense. This goes on for years and years in most cases, until the ability of the body to mount further defenses is compromised to the point where the immune system basically collapses. During this time, the host is left more and more defenseless against common pathogens, until finally it succumbs, either to an external pathogen or an internal function that an intact immune system would otherwise regulate.

Knowing this, and keeping in mind that the virus constantly mutates, it is not a particularly efficient virus. Most of the mutations are worthless, lacking one protein or another which makes it basically inactive, unviable. It is Darwinism at a miscroscopic scale, and greatly advanced.

See, the perfect HIV, the "goal," if you will, of HIV is to infect a host and reproduce and spread without killing the host. Not due to any altruism on it's part, but a dead host can't infect others. This is why outbreaks of Ebola and Marberg viruses are almost always brief and contained. it would take much engineering to reproduce a species-killer like "The Stand." It would involve a virus behaving in a totally different fashion than any other.

So the odds of an active, VIABLE viral particle finding it's way INTO your bloodstream, finding a receptive white blood cell (dendritic and T cells) and then successfully injecting it with it's genetic material - through a cut in the FINGER which almost instantly seals itself from external danger, and which bombards the area with elements specifically dsigned to protect and heal the skin - is purely in the realm of the theoretical. Why is there so little research? because it can't be forced to happen with any regularity in a lab, in a primate, in a monkey.

It has never been documented to happen. In the real world, the one we live in, it does not happen. It is hell on wheels to even make something like that occur in a carefully monitored laboratory. Even a petri dish is no friend to HIV.

Why do some doctors and scientists still caution? Because people mired in academia are rarely in touch with the actual, quantifiable world. The notion of "theoretical risk" and 'actual risk" are merged into a single hysterical message. There is a theoretical risk that a planet-destroying asteroid will smash the earth. There is a theoretical risk that our sun will explode. I think you get my intent here.

Let me recap:

Vaginal secretions: extremely unlikely to infect even if exposed to dendritic cells. Thus, cunnilingus is not considered a viable HIV risk.

Fingers: self sealing, and not containing receptive cells which HIV needs in order to infect.

That's not me talking, it's the science and the epidemiology talking.

Sources:

http://www.aegis.com/news/ads/1988/ad880100.html

http://www.aegis.com/aidsline/1990/may/m9050993.html

http://www.aegis.com/conferences/iac/2002/thpec7405.html
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:54:59 am by jkinatl2 »

Welcome Thread

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 02:29:35 pm »
JK---You are the SH!T man----thanks dude-------since you have enlightened me so---since I place the head of my penis against the trannies asshole---but only applied pressure never entered--risk? And hypothetically if the tip of my dick hole entered for a second---risk....none of which happened but I want to learn to assess risk so I am not a paranoid freak----in terms of me giving her a 2 second BJ--no risk---

JD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 03:05:19 pm »
JD,

You didn't have a risk with the tranny and the pushing and the asshole.

Keep posting about this and you'll get a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 11:35:34 am »

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=10457.100

Ann, I apologize for getting on your nerves---this post has blown my mind away---I mean this thread-----from the comments about positive from attempted and anal sex, to the comments of a razor cut in our pubic area is an 8 Lane highway for HIV entry and to the overwhelming proof from long term members that were credible and said they were positive as a result of ORAL sex---I have fallen into a deep depression---broke up with my GF so I never have to call her again and infect her. I mean I have even read on here that vaginal sex is very difficult to transmit---yet the majority of cases world wide are heterosexual.  SO If you have the patience to read through my thread and my worries---youll find that when I read this thread of have cut and pasted above that I have a reason to be concerened. I had sex unprotected vaginal with a woman a few months back and had no worried because it was stated in this forum that HIV is mostly in cervix and not so much in secretions----I am positive and I can feel it in my veins. Will I test now? NO its too early---I will wait until I get the nerve---I just got a promotion and with my anxiety that job will go to shit---my dreams and hopes of having kids and a family GONE----I know I am essentially f@cked.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 11:52:24 am »
Joe,

So now, suddenly, you're worried about unprotected vaginal that you failed to mention earlier?

A test three months past the unprotected vaginal will be conclusive.

I really don't care how the thread you linked to - in a forum you really had no business in anyway - has worried you. The fact of the matter is that nothing, apart from the unprotected vaginal intercourse you've suddenly brought into the mix, in YOUR thread has been a risk.

You have to understand that some people can't bring themselves to admit to engaging in  behaviour that actualy is risky - like unprotected anal intercourse. Sometimes people forget what they've done through drug and/or alcohol use.

But the bottom line is that the only real sexual risks that have been PROVEN through scientific studies are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Don't bother going on and on about any of this. Just test for the unprotected vaginal at the appropriate time, which is three months. You're still under a time out warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 11:57:31 am »
JK's Post stated that HIV is only active in cervix not walss etc---I have read here in the past that it was very unlikely for a man to catch it from a woman---unless their was menstrual blood etc----this is why I never brought it up----No need to put me in a time out---I was just using this website as a guide to help me with the level of risk I could take.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 11:59:17 am »
Joe,

Unprotected vaginal intercourse is a risk you should not be taking.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 02:34:58 pm »
Just out of curiosity I started reading the just tested poz forums---which has created intense anxiety over my M2M incidents. I made them all wear condoms----I didnt get fully penetrated except for one time in which I felt something drip out of me---but also saw him taking his condom off when we were done----I felt to see if he had it on a few times and he did----could he have taken it off and put it on? What was it that could of dripped out of me? I picked it up off the floor and in bathroom fillied it with water and could see cum in it and it was not leaking---but I am still worried~ WTF man--whats my issue? I read so many posts about guys using protection and ending up POZ because the guy took condom off without their knowledge.....could I have imagined the condom on? Was I tricked somehow? Would I know a bare penis vs a covered one---(I am new to this) dont ban me---just reassure me---give me more info besides "your nuts no risk"!

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 02:39:00 pm »
Also I know symptoms are no indicator----but I have learned alot of people do get ARS--usually within a month or so----my most scariest incidents were over a month ago---would I have had ARS by now? I feel fine---no fever etc......I know not everyone gets ARS but a large majority do------is this promising thus far?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 02:43:03 pm »
This is bull.  I'm kicking this straight to the moderators.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 02:57:58 pm »
Why is it Bull? I think this website as a resource for those who have issues---and for those who would liek to be informed----alot that I have learned on here has enlightened people who thought they can get HIV from kissing----I had conversations and educated some people-----My aunt is POZ and uncle died-------So as a public forum---I wanted to read----some of the things that occured to people-----so that I can see that none of them had been infected through the ridiculous ways I think I may have----this forum is to help not to punish----I feel my concerns are viable---I am not coming here saying-"i drinked out a water fountain after an HIV poz guy did can I get it"?  Until I can test--I need support----somedays I am ok and today guess what I am not----so kick it to the moderators and thank you for not helping----

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 03:30:03 pm »
Why is it bull? Because you're indulging yourself here as if it's your neighborhood HIV bar to hang out it and idly toss in whatever the latest item is you come up with to linger and mull over for lack of anything better to do with your time and ours.

If you had unprotected intercourse then get tested at 13 weeks after it for a conclusive answer.

Otherwise there are libraries and other resources where you can browse about HIV to your heart's content.

We're here to address real events that happen to real people and evaluate what risk there is, if any.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 03:53:57 pm »
Joe,

You can forget about being able to abuse the PM system here anymore - I've removed your PM privledge. You know that thread at the top of this page that says PLEASE READ THIS!? Well mate, you should have read it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 07:42:11 pm »
I didnt abuse it---I liked JK's answer and thats the only time I used it---I wanted him to ellaborate a bit more----thats all---I am sorry for my stupidity---my worries are real----

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 10:07:27 pm »
Confused---I read on medhelp---an MD said that sperm can leak through the tiniest of holes in condoms---I was like WOW! So ---the times I bottomed could this have happened?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2008, 12:05:48 am »
It is impossible for sperm to leak through an intact latex condom. We are not in the businesss of debunking other web sites, though I seriously doubt any real MD told you that.

Welcome Thread

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2008, 06:27:44 am »
It is impossible for sperm to leak through an intact latex condom. We are not in the businesss of debunking other web sites, though I seriously doubt any real MD told you that.

He never read that from any doctor on MedHelp..

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2008, 07:16:44 pm »
Ill find the quote for you and post it with the link---

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2008, 07:18:21 pm »
I dont make up scenarios! the people on this site are the ONLy ones in the world who know I have had MSM encounters---you now ho trapped I feel---so yes since I am not an expert I get SCARED! Ill find it and post it for you---

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 07:52:10 pm »
Condoms, just like all other birth control methods are not 100% effective. Semin can leak out the tiniest holes in the condom, and even though you did not finish, you may have had just enough escape. Semen can live for as long as or longer than 72 hours in the female body, and if she was near ovulation, then the egg is viable for 12-24 hours. So....this is what you should always be prepared for no matter what kind of birth control you are using, or just abstain until you are ready to have children. I hope this helps.

My apology this was posted by some idiot who was a member not and MD. Though the MD didnt correct the member---I was looking for info on condom effectivness. The MD by the name of Dowling did not say whether or not this could happen he said--defective condom or when it breaks---not sure if they are one in the same..

I am done with this topic--Ill go get tested soon--in Window period still

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 09:03:38 pm »
I urge you to stop posting inaccurate information on this forum without using the proper quotation methods. I also urge you to move on from this unwarranted fear. This site can be of no more use to you.

You are in no window period, because there was  no risk. As we have failed to educate you on this matter, I can only sincerely wish you peace and hope you get the help you need for your irrational fears.

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »
Joe, we're not here to get into arguments with you. Anything that is expressed the regular respondents here is well-based in HIV science and experience.

Latex condoms provide very effective protection when used and used properly. We're simply not going to get into exchanges with you about leaky condoms and such. You are potentially alarming people here unnecessarily through hearsay. You definitely need to be more careful about what you are posting as if it's documented scientifically when it isn't. 'nuf said.

You're a relatively new member here. I suggest you lower the rhetoric level and concentrate on your own problem. You can go and get tested if you need to do that for your peace of mind. ...and collect the inevitable negative result since you were not at risk.

Andy Velez

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 08:54:28 pm »
I am still in the window period====havent felt sick or anxiety hasnt allowed me to become sick and make myself think I have ARS===Thank god cuz I just started a new job---as I try to stay busy I replay all the incidents---A question that was answered sort of generally was the one I had about the tranny and me pushing up against her anus---could anal fluid---blood gotten in my urethra? I was only applying pressure not enteriing and just rubbing my head on the outside...Andy you said I had no risk---but I did have unprotected vaginal---which ann addressed---this person is fed up with me asking her if shes got it---shes gone through dates as to when she got tested etc....She is a former crack smoker---functioning but user nonethless--which doesnt mean sh!t because its teh virus you catch not the person who gives it to you--as I learned on here---JK mentioned in a posting to me that vaginal fludis found in vaginals walls---arent that effective in transmitting the virus---and its more cervical fluids---and thats why sex on the period would be more dangerous---does my penis reach the cervix? Im serious here---I havent posted lately because I dont want to offend===but had the urge to ask for some ellaboration

Offline Joezay77

• Standard
CERVICAL DYSPLASIA--AND HIV--THE INFO HAS CHANGED!
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 06:24:42 am »
The girl i slept with had cervical dysplasia that had to be treated---I read this is a sign of HIV---she swears she never had warts---her dysplasia she said was because shes had 3 kids---one who is 5---Im so scared

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2008, 06:32:14 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2008, 08:20:35 am »

I had sex unprotected vaginal with a woman a few months back

Joe,

The quote from you I've provided above is the ONLY risk you've brought to us. Surely you must be past or very near the end of the three month window period. Please clarify.

Cervical dysplasia is very common in the general population and one does not have to be hiv positive to have this problem.

You are VERY close to being given a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.