Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 05:40:09 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773294
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 0
Guests: 594
Total: 594

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Becoming a carer again  (Leído 7120 veces)

Desconectado harleymc

Becoming a carer again
« en: Julio 11, 2023, 08:32:36 am »
My husband has been recently diagnosed with prostate cancer that has metastasised to his spine, ribcage and one knee. Prognosis 3-5 years.  It's a lot to come to grips with.

We should be able to get him onto age pension and hopefully I can gain a carer's benefit so we may not be financially much worse off than when I was temping. I'm missing my workmates already.

I also am studying to become a teacher of English as a foreign language.  It might not pay well but it's something I can do from home via the web.

Not all gloom and doom, Neil and I will make sure to have some good, fun and quality.time together.

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Becoming a carer again
« Respuesta #1 en: Julio 11, 2023, 05:21:26 pm »
Really sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Being a carer is tough work at the best of times and wish you strength, at least you can be close to make the best of the time remaining.

Can't offer much help but if you ever need to talk let me know.

Hugs.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Respuesta #2 en: Julio 16, 2023, 07:27:09 am »
It sounds like you both are taking this new hurdle in strides. I hope that positivity continues and that all of this makes your stronger. I’m with Jim, please keep us posted and let us know if you need a listening ear or a pep talk!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 17, 2023, 08:48:42 am »

ojo.              Hello there!… I am sorry to hear about your husband situation, all that I can say to you is be a strong and wishing you the best…hugs

Desconectado harleymc

« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 20, 2023, 06:07:32 pm »
My friend, thank you all for the messages of support. And comfort.

We feel blessed.

Desconectado harleymc

« Respuesta #5 en: Agosto 02, 2023, 05:08:05 am »
Big day today.

Neil had two significant events today.

Patch came off his eye after cataract surgery yesterday vision is still .blurry but hopefully it will improve over the next month.

While he was at the hospital went to emergency to get his arm examined.  He'd had a bad fall approximately 10.days ago and wouldn't go with the ambulance drivers to the hospital.  Turns out there were two fractures.  So he's splinted up now.

He's such a stubborn man, and has this passionate hatred of doctors.  I'm not surprised that his cancer went to stage 4 before seeking assistance.

Sometimes, I could just scream.

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Respuesta #6 en: Agosto 03, 2023, 11:04:56 am »
Sorry to hear that it's been a stressful few days. Glad to hear that Neil got medical attention for the arm in the end.

How are you holding up, and what are the energy levels like? Do you have plans for respite/help from time to time?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado harleymc

« Respuesta #7 en: Agosto 24, 2023, 04:21:07 am »
Neil came off life support last night, the suffering is over

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Respuesta #8 en: Agosto 24, 2023, 04:30:06 am »
Sorry to hear about your loss and I wish you strength during this difficult time.
If you need to talk, let me know. 
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Respuesta #9 en: Agosto 24, 2023, 05:32:21 am »
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. You have my deepest condolences and I too wish you strength in this very sad and difficult time.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #10 en: Agosto 24, 2023, 06:48:52 am »

ojo.         R.I.P….. we are here for you…hugs

Desconectado harleymc

« Respuesta #11 en: Agosto 30, 2023, 03:23:59 am »
My darling sister, has been visiting from interstate. She has helped me with throw so much stuff and get me to the doctor.

It's.been such a busy time, phone calls to and from the lawyer, funeral director, accountant, family members..... Just exhausting.

I've had a couple of crying sessions but those will find their own time.

Hugs to everyone.

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Respuesta #12 en: Agosto 31, 2023, 11:21:37 am »
I'm glad to hear that your sister was able to offer some support. Again I wish you strength during this difficult time and should you need to talk, vent etc. I am here for you.

Hugs.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.