Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:50:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773197
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Just a questions about HIV infection.  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Cancri55

• Standard
Just a questions about HIV infection.
« on: April 20, 2012, 01:35:18 pm »
Hi everyone.       

I have few questions. About 8 months ago I was on vacation in a foreign country where I have met a beautiful young women. We both hang out, danced and had few drinks. After that we end up inner place. We took a shower together, play around. I bite her butt but there was no fluids, no blood and no secretions. Than I played with her nibbles and nipples again no fluids, no blood, no breast milk, and no secretions.

Some time later she placed a condom on and started playing and rubbing my dick. She sucked with the condom on. Than we had sex together. She was on top at first than we switched to doggy. After the sex I took another shower.

During that time I also had some scratches and cuts on my shoulder, knees and legs from diving in the water. They were in the process of healing and scaring. Now when she was suckin my dick, she was playing with her clit, she might have touched my knee or my legs while she was on top. So the first question is:

How long can the HIV virus survive in the open air?

Now 5 days later I started to develop mild flu like symptoms. What I mean is that i had dry lips, and a cold sore on my lip. Nothing else at that time. 2days later I flew back to the US. So 8 days after the intercourse I did medical testing, and at this time I began to fell tired, my body started to feel warm or should I say wormer with light inflammation. Over that weekend I started to have night and cold sweats for about three days. After that they continue for about a month even during the day but in reduced capacity. I got my results after that weekend. I tested positive for TB however, I did performed 2 x-rays exams of my lungs and there was no signs of TB. (I did TB test I think the year before and it was negative. Now this could be do to the fact that I am eastern European and under the soviets they were given TB vaccination). They also told me that my cholesterol was little high.  Over that month I started to feel dizzy or lightheaded. I lungs got sick and I got severe cold and flu symptoms. I end up in ER but they said that it was bronchitis. I got medication and it was fine.

Then 4 weeks later I end up in ER again this time with abdominal pain, kidney, stomach, liver and lower abdomen. (one night before the ER my liver pained me severely where my whole body was shaking from the pain). Again they did the urine test and it was all fine. I got meds to lower the acidity. Than mont later I got cold and flu again and was seeing a doctor again.

This time  I was experiencing few additional symptoms. I started to have burning dealing in my head that started in one spot than spread like a web from the center. Than I started to have speach impaired and sounded like a neurological problem from a stroke. Than I developed peripheral neuropathy in my both legs, index finger. Than it moved to my hip.

Than again in December I got flu and cold again, slight temperature, swollen Glends and rush on my neck and chest. Also during the first 5 months I gained 8 pounds. Now since january I lost the 8 pounds and develop a light trush on my tongue. I feel inflammation almost everyday. But at this time I feel no peripheral neuropathy. Also during the first 4 months or so I was feeling severely tired and exousted. Now the tiredness has come to pass.

So what is your take on this. The symptoms and the time could match his infection. Meaning that it all started after me sleeping with that girl and than all the medical problems and symptoms about 2weeks after the possible exposure.

Also I have question on the comprehensive care center on the 17th str in new York. Can anyone tell me about that clinic. I know I need to get tested but just not sure how to do it. I mean should I just go there but then what do I say to them. It's been 8 months and I am still scared about how to approach this.

Further more, I've read many posts here in this forum and they all are great. This is a great library of knowledge and you all are heros. There is many topics and discussions but there is one thing that is missing. Many people in this sites or other sites stated that you can have almost a normal life. So the question is : What does that mean almost normal? Almost in what form, what shape. What is that has changed in your life since the diagnosis? What changes did you had to make in your life. How did it impacted you and your life.

I've read a lot to know that the life expectancy has been extended. The aids beacon stated that the new normal is like 49 years. But what about the quality of live. Has this virus stopped you in any way. What limitations were imposed on you as a result of the virus if any?

Will I be able to dive, sky diving, climbing, etc.

Also if there is any one from new York that be great. If there are any serodiscordent couple I would like to hear from you too and I have some specific questions.

How do you live your lives?

Again if anyone here is part of the comprehensive care center and can provide some info about the center that woud be of great value to me.

Also I just meet a girl whose family member was born with this virus and that individual is doing great. So that. Is great news and hope.

I have many more questions and over time, the questions will be more refined and more precise.

Thanks everyone for you help and assistance in this matter. I am looking forward to Hear from all of you as time goes on.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Just a questions about HIV infection.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:02:29 pm »
Under NO circumstances did you do anything that put you at any risk for HIV.

Unlike other STDs, HIV is very fragile. It can't be transmitted second-hand, such as touching infected fluids and then touching yourself. It is not transmitted through cuts or scrapes, and the most important area for a man (in a heterosexual situation) to cover is the urethra, the opening at the tip of your penis. You did that by wearing a condom.

I am sorry you've had awful health issues. They can't possibly be HIV related from the incident as you describe it.

As for living with HIV, well not you are likely to NEED to know the information for yourself, but people diagnosed today stand an excellent chance of never developing AIDS is they have access to medications. A person infected today has roughly the same lifespan as the next person. Each year, they refine the medications and introduce new ones with fewer and fewer short and long term side effects. For many people, their life with HIV is simply a matter of taking a pill or three a day and going on.

I can't speak for everyone, but I have had HIV since 1993, AIDS since 1994, and in the last two years I've been skydiving, zip-lining, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, and just today I fished a kite out of a tree for some kids outside my apartment.

I am also in a serodiscordant relationship, have been for about seven months now. Going to meet the parents in about two hours. Nervous as hell.

But in case you missed it, you had no risk for HIV in the incident as you described it.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 05:05:37 pm »
You are jumping so far ahead to be assuming you are infected with HIV.

The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. You used a condom for intercourse. Perfect. They provide very effective protection.

Nothing else you are reporting would have put you at risk for HIV.

There is nothing HIV specific about any of your symptoms. Discuss them with your doctor if they persist.

You didn't have a risk for HIV. There is no need for testing unless you need the inevitable negative result to ease your mind.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Cancri55

• Standard
Deja vu
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »
It's been a while since I have been on this forum. Anyway here it is.

So I been speaking to this girl on line for about three months and I know she has a 5 year old son. Around two weeks ago I traveled to see her and to spend time with her.
We spend the weekend together.

The 10 days prior to visiting her I was on cipro for my prostatitis and I was not feeling 100%. I was feeling slight nausea.

The first day we had dinner which gave me even more nausea than after we went to swim in the ocean where we kiss which was fine no risk there.

The second night we had oral sex and we tease each other and I finger her. Also she sat on my penis for about 30 seconds and the tip of my penis might been in her. We stopped at that point as we had no condoms on us. We keep on kissing.

The third day we had oral sex and kissing then had sex with condom. The condom didn't broke.

The question is I have braces and at times they irritate the lining of my tongue and mouth. At time there is small amount of blood. When we kissed it tested like a little blood was in my mouth and since I don't know her status what is my risk. I am always trying to be safe since last post.

As always I appreciate all your help and assistance.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 12:48:23 pm »
Hi
Rubbing , kissing and the oral were not risks.
HIV is sexually transmitted through unprotected anal and vaginal intercourse.
From what you have posted it is safe to move on .

Best, Wade

To avoid infection,
You need to be using condoms for all anal and vaginal intercourse until you are in a trusting monogamous relationship and both have been tested for all STIs and HIV.
Everyone who is sexually active should have an annual exam and test for all STIs and HIV ,and always after unprotected intercourse. Always using condoms will give you peace of mind your tests will return with a negative result.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Cancri55

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
Thanks Wade.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 01:19:20 pm »
You're Welcome !
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.