Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:12:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 571
Total: 571

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Taking meds twice at night?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Stang5_0

• Stang's Garage
Taking meds twice at night?
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:32:43 pm »
WOOPS....

Ok, today after work I am getting a pill box.

But here's the deal...  I took my meds last night(Sustiva and Combivir) in the earlier part of the evening and continued with housework.  When it was time to goto sleep, I couldn't for the life of me remember if I had taken them so I took them again.  DUH....
Not feeling horrible and still alive hahaha
Sure had some vivid dreams last night, thats for sure.

So I was just going to sweep this little mistake under the rug if that's ok...
Should I be worried?  Anyone ever do that before?  It's one thing I guess missing your pills, but doubling up?
Like I said, I will be getting a pill box for sure after work today.
Stang5_0

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: Taking meds twice at night?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 12:39:09 pm »
Yeah, I've done that a time or two. Just try not to make a habit of it. Get the pill box thingy.....After I take my AM dose of drugs, I turn the pill container upsidedown, so I know I've already had them. Then when it is time for PM dose, I make sure that the container is turned over again for the AM dose.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Stang5_0

• Stang's Garage
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 12:43:23 pm »
Yea, I'll get a system going for sure.  I was a bit nervous last night after realizing what I had done, but too tired to care or start googling.
It was a first for me though.  Wasn't sure if i should have taken this mornings Combivir but did anyway just to keep the routine going.
It's been almost a year on these things and I sense I'm starting to slack a bit in my responsibilities.  I've often thought of a box but thought :nah, I'm a big boy"  HAHA WRONG!
Stang5_0

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 12:50:51 pm »
I started taking all of my meds for the whole day instead of taking twice a day. found it was a whole lot better and I only have to take i pill at night before bed.

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 01:16:16 pm »
The pillbox thing is the best Idea...get one that has whatever frequency you do pills...I have one that is 3 compartments a day   works out to about every 8 hours...not every pill is 3x but some are 2x some are 1x..and even have some 1wk .so I have a box with one week worth of containers ( got it free from DR office..some advertising on it ) clearly labeled  sun. Mon etc  fill it up on Sat when I have finished the last morning . ..put the daily container on the counter near the bathroom sink near a tall water glass....that way I see the glass , the container ..the compartment that is still full , and know when I have taken/missed  some meds....  As I am sure most of you know there are varied reactions to the meds..it is easy to "forget" what to take when and how many????  BTW  this is also very efficient  instead of opening several bottles every day( 7 for me) I only have to open each bottle once a week to fill the containers.

Do It , you need to take the meds as prescribed for best effect.....
Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:35:25 pm »
Ugh, I once took two Epzicom in a day and talk about a headache!  Some meds can be doubled up, but the once daily ones can be a little severe (like Sustiva).

I still need to get the pillbox though.  I keep forgetting!  I guess that is a sign that I really need it!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 01:46:48 pm »
Hello Stang,

I have done that also. Your not alone. I think That I had finally come up with the best method that works for me.

I have a calendar,, I draw a diagonal line through each day of the month. The top portion being AM dose and The bottom portion being PM dose. I have a pen attached with a string, right at the calendar. I am now in the habit, that the minute I take my meds,( and without fail)  I immediately write OK after I take the AM or PM dose. It seems that I have been getting a little forgetful lately, and this method does work the best for me. So far I haven't screwed up !! I am only taking two pills at 8:00AM and two pills at 8:00 pm. And anyone would think, that should be quite simple, but I have forgotten prior to coming up with this method. I could sometimes forget an hour later, whether I had taken them or not. I would like to blame it on a senior moment... But I know it's more than that !! :P

Take care------------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline franfrog

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 02:21:36 pm »
I have the pill boxes and it helped me to remember if I took my am or pm dose but now my problem is remembering to take the meds at all.  I seem to always forget my am dose and then remember at like 1:00 in the afternoon.  My pm dose my husband always reminds me to take.
Fran
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Stang5_0

• Stang's Garage
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 03:02:06 pm »
Thanks everyone for assuring me I'm not alone.  Some great responses for sure!
Franfrog, my wife is the same way with regards to PM pills but she was out of town last night so wasn't there to babysit me hehehehe...
Stang5_0

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 09:16:22 pm »
Hey Stang,

Definitely get a pill box and work out a routine schedule that you can get in the habit of. just like Ray, he uses the calander and mark it off when he has taken his dosage. It is a good thing that I only have to take mine once a day.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.