Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:40:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 410
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 404
Total: 406

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Books you love and have read.  (Read 11724 times)

Offline naftalim

Books you love and have read.
« on: July 17, 2006, 02:01:41 pm »
I am a voracious reader and love books. It would be nice to discuss books you have read that could interest others. For example, someone directed me to Khaled Hosseini and his book The Kite Runner. Absolutely wonderful and touching. I am now readiing Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky.

Also, a book I loved by a Canadian autoir is Life of PI by Yann Martel.

I mostly read non-fiction, but also enjoy good fiction, by authors like Salman Rusdie, Tom Robbins (man that guy has to have is brain wired differently)

So, can we form an AidsMeds book club?

Naftali

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Re: Books you love and have read.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 02:11:43 pm »
The Redwall series by Brian Jacques. The Warriors series by Erin Hunter. The Wild Road by Gabriel King.

They're.... all about animals. :D

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 02:28:41 pm »
I love the idea of a book club!   As long as we pick books that have been in print long enough to be in the library, I can't afford new books very often.

I am so thankful that my local library re-opened last week, after being closed for renovations for TWO whole years.   Oh and thanks for the suggestions, I will look for those books.

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 05:07:14 pm »
Hi Naftali
I've just finished reading Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins. I know what you mean about his brain being wired...I've never seen such a myriad of mind blowing/imaginative similes and metaphors produced line after line and page after page! My friend bought me Jitterbug Perfume a few months ago, I devoured it and was hooked...I ended up buying all his other books! It took me ages to read Roadside Attraction though cos my concentration hasnt been great these past few months and TR is not the man to read if you're not concentrating!

Late last year I read Love In The Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez...one of my favourites! A bit of a long heavy read but once you get into it you have to know how things map out.

I'm currently reading Greek Ways: How the Greeks Created Western Civilization by Bruce Thornton. Not quite the Robbins rollercoaster ride but still very interesting so far...

In the past year or so my childhood love of books has been reborn. I've got soooooo many books on my To Read pile(s) and I just keep buying as I see things I want/fancy. Ah well, lucky I have lots of free time...happy reading!

Melia :)

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 06:48:46 pm »
Hi Naftali,

I tend to read quite a bit too and also re-read the books I love. without any logic here are the ones that come to mind:

Pedro Paramo - by Juan Rulfo

Le notte difficile - Dino Buzzati

Buddha Da - Anne Donovan

A good man is hard to find - Flannery O'Connor

A fortune teller told me - Tiziano Terzani

and I am curently trying to make sense of "The Tao of Physics" by Fritjof Capra

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline naftalim

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 07:25:34 pm »

This looks like an interesting read. Of course, you being in France, there had to be one book about love  ;D

A fortune teller told me - Tiziano Terzani

As for A good man is hard to find - Flannery O'Connor has the sequel "A hard man is good to find" come out in France yet?

Naftali

]

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 07:52:05 pm »

A book that I would recommend is A Return To Love by Marianne Williamson

and Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (which is currently being turned into a movie with an all-star cast).

I have a lot of other books that I've read - I have a penchant for nonfiction.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:48:38 pm by jordan »
If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 05:07:39 am »
An excellent idea!

My favorites are:

The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexander Dumas

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson - Mitch Albom

A Woman of the People - Benjamin Capps ( no wise-cracks please ;D )

Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, Magic's Price - Mercedes Lackey (3 books, excellent gay love story in a science fantasy setting)

--------------------

I recently finished "Stranger at the Gate" by Mel White. Very powerful reading for anyone struggling to tend to some old wounds of Christianity vs Homosexuality.

I'm much more attracted to fiction. Every now and then I'll have a piece of nonfiction catch my eye.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 05:36:21 am »
- "Tuesdays with Morie"  is a must read I think.
In the same vein you will probably soon find another book by Tiziano Terzani, called " Un ultimo giro in giostra" in italian(roughly translates into: "one last spin on the merry-go-round"; it has been translated in german and my guess is that the english translation will be out soon. I recomend Terzani to anyone who is into travel writing. Try: http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/books/default.aspx?id=6458.

Natali, poor Flannery obviously had enough of a hard time trying to find the man and I am not sure she succeeded :'(; her novels are quite dark but she made wonderful descriptions of life in the rural south of the US, racism and other topics. She sure could write!

Other than that one of my favourite "new" author is Colm Toibin :The Blackwater Lightship(shortlisted for the 99 Booker prize), The Master, The story of the night.

Thank you for starting this topic!

Pat

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 06:07:31 am »

Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (which is currently being turned into a movie with an all-star cast).

I'm in the middle of reading this book. It's interesting but pretty disturbing if this is at all an accurate account.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 09:27:51 am »
I love to read. my favorite of all time is "The Talisman" by Stephen King. I usually only read fiction..  Cristy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 09:49:37 am »
I think most of these are likely to be available in libraries:

Just about anything by Truman Capote, including Answered Prayers, The Dogs Bark, In Cold Blood, Collected Stories, The Grass Harp, etc.

The Marble Faun - Hawthorne

The Great Gatsby - Fitzgerald

A Moveable Feast - Hemingway (non-fiction account of Paris in 1920s)

Postwar - A History of Europe Since 1945 - Tony Judt (History comes to life)

Generation Kill (non-fiction) Author's account of being with one of the first Marine squadrons into Iraq. Vividly comes to life.

Shadow Divers - amazing account of discovery and identifying WWII German sub which sank off the coast of NJ.

Anything by Alan Furst whose most recent is The Foreign Correspondent. I recommend reading them in order of publication. There are about 10 of them, all involving pre-WWII Europe and some during the war. Amazing knowledge of history integrated into engrossing human situations.

Andy Velez

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 10:14:29 am »
I've read a couple listed so far, THe Life of Pi by Yann Martel.  It's glorious fiction that really, really made me wish it was true (I read it when I was recovering from PCP and it's a great reaffirmation of life) and Love In The Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Right now I am reading Cities of the Plain by Cormac McCarthy, a story that takes place in Western Texas during the early '50's.

Last winter Little Steve (FEARLESS) sent me a copy of Fly Away Peter by David Malouf.  He's an Australian author.

So you see I've recently read a fairly electic list of authors, Canadian, Brazlian, American, Austrialian.  And with us being from all over, this could make for an interesting mix.

I think a book club would be a great idea.  So what's our next step?  Find a book to read, I guess, uh?  By the way, I agree with Alan.  I also am a firm believer in libraries so lets try to use them as much as possible.

robt
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 10:20:52 am by Robert »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 06:09:53 pm »
I might read Wicked twice a year.  Also love Anne Rice's Blood and Gold.

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 07:58:42 pm »
I'm not much of a reader besides the daily paper and gay erotica. Sorry that's just me :) My hother half reads alot and has a huge Stephen king collection.  He is currently reading Marley & Me and often reads me excerpts from the book.  We had a yellow lab until this past November and we can relate totally to the story.

http://marleyandme.com/

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 06:08:14 am »
I finished Running With Scissors. This is one of the few autobiographies I've read where I didn't like the person telling the story. Still, it was very entertaining and a good quick summer read. I would recommend it to people who are interested in mental illness or just the bizarre.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 11:16:22 am »
I have a few favorites authors.

Agatha Christie

Edgar Rice Burroughs

Arthur Conan Doyle

Tony Hillerman

Isaac Asimov

Yep, I'm a murder mystery and sci/fi fan.

I use reading, like movies, to escape the day-to-day, kind of a respite from reality.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 11:49:27 am »
Hey Guys, this is fun.

Mark..... I have one for you.  Chrome by George Nader.  It is a Gay Sci Fi book which takes place in the Southwest of the United States.  There is nothing quite so fun as to read Sci Fi that also turns you on. 

Medicine Woman  Lynn Andrews. and also any of the rest of her books, which deal with being a Medicine Woman in the Native American cultures. 

There are so many more, but these two for now.

In Love.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:28:50 pm by Moffie65 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline naftalim

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 01:11:36 am »
I would slo like to recommend

Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond. Here is a description

Life isn't fair--here's why: Since 1500, Europeans have, for better and worse, called the tune that the world has danced to. In Guns, Germs, and Steel, Jared Diamond explains the reasons why things worked out that way. It is an elemental question, and Diamond is certainly not the first to ask it. However, he performs a singular service by relying on scientific fact rather than specious theories of European genetic superiority. Diamond, a professor of physiology at UCLA, suggests that the geography of Eurasia was best suited to farming, the domestication of animals and the free flow of information. The more populous cultures that developed as a result had more complex forms of government and communication--and increased resistance to disease. Finally, fragmented Europe harnessed the power of competitive innovation in ways that China did not. (For example, the Europeans used the Chinese invention of gunpowder to create guns and subjugate the New World.) Diamond's book is complex and a bit overwhelming. But the thesis he methodically puts forth--examining the "positive feedback loop" of farming, then domestication, then population density, then innovation, and on and on--makes sense. Written without bias, Guns, Germs, and Steel is good global history

Offline et in arcadia ego

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 01:35:56 am »
Books I have read over and over and over:

Coming Up for Air (Orwell)

A Confederacy of Dunces (Toole)

Down and Out in Paris and London (Orwell)

Murder Inc. (Turkis/Feder)

Eight Men Out (Elliot Asinof)

Animal Farm (starting to see an author trend here?)

From Here to Eternity (Jones; even better than the great, great movie)

And a recent GREAT read:

Tough Jews (Cohen; an excellent recounting of the '30s Murder Inc. arm of the Syndicate in the Brownsville area of Brookyln mixed in with, of all things, the author's memories of growing up Jewish)

Offline clarke

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 12:36:27 pm »
ALL of Louis L Amour novels.

His Sackett novels, The Walking Drum, Last of the Breed and another one that had to do with an "opening" in a wall into another world.

Wish I could get the hard-back copies of some of these  again.  Lost "The Wlaking Drum", Last of the Bree" and another one years ago.  I tried the paperbacks, but the print is too dang small.

Also, Ray Bradbury, Theodore Sturgeon, Iscac Asimov (Foundation Series).

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 04:17:43 am »
To all avid readers,

Naguib Mahfouz, egyptian 1988 litterature Nobel Prize winner died two days ago. For more on him:

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1988/mahfouz-bio.html

Pat (who liked his writings)

Offline simon695

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 04:56:21 am »
Great Idea!
Having Had A Bad Year Of Choosing New Books I
Decided To Re-read My Favorites,Its Been Fun.
I Had To Begin With John Irvings A Son Of The Circus,
Im Now On James Clavells  Shogun And
Have Lined Up Charles Pallisters The Quincunx Next.

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 08:05:25 pm »
Just to contribute (i just joined forums last week so i am a bit late)... the books i read and love are

1. Veronika decides to die - Paulo Coelho
2. The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
3. A desperated scream - Carlos Cuahutemoc
4. The art of happiness - Howard C Cutle & Dalai Lama (i just started)

They are all about human self motivation, self development, enjoying life and making your dreams come true.

Hugs from sunny Ecuador
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 08:25:43 pm »
I'm currently reading Island at the Center of the Earth which someone else on this board (who I believe no longer posts after CSI forum objections) recommended to me on another "Book" thread that once existed.  It's quite good for those here interested in history.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 08:31:10 pm »
For those who love good fiction, I read one I really enjoyed a couple of weeks ago:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 08:32:48 pm »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:09:56 am by milker »
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 09:03:27 pm »
::notes subtle name dropping::
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline whizzer

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 09:07:21 pm »

Wise Blood   Flannery O'Conner

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 09:07:51 pm »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:10:25 am by milker »
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline SASA39

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 06:03:02 am »
-John Huston: An Open book GREAT AUTOBIOGRAPHY
-Tom Clancy : “ A hunt for a Red October “ and others
-William Gibson ( father of SF cyberpunk ) ALL
http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/index.asp
- John Coleman : The story of comitee of 300 and others
http://coleman300.com/
-Keith Devline : Maths gene
-Michel Faber : Under the skin  and others
-Michael Baigent & Richard Lee  ALL
http://www.cathar.info/prioryofsion.htm
-Antoine De Saint Exiperry ALL
-Jack London ALL
-Daniel J. Boorstine ALL
-Giorgio Vasari (Autobiography of Reinesance Painters)
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/giorgio.vasari/vaspref.htm-Sun Tze
-Archeological books………………
and soooooooooooo many others
                                              Al
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 08:57:01 am »
My favorite book has to be "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, I have bought multiple copies of this book and passed them out to people I love.
As of lately I have enjoyed the books of Joseph Campbell, I find that I am in search of my Bliss.
I have to agree that the Marianne Williamson book "A Return to Love" is also very good.
"Giovanni's Room" by James Baldwin is a wonderful classic.
I have found that there is a wealth of wonderful gay authors out there that have written about gay issues that are intelligent and thought provoking for example Paul Monnette has a wonderful use of metaphor and language as does Edmund White.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 09:49:50 am »
"Giovanni's Room" by James Baldwin is a wonderful classic.

Agreed!

Dan J.

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 11:25:22 am »
Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore: http://trashotron.com/agony/reviews/moore-practical_demon.htm

Geek Love by Katherine Dunn : http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446391301/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-6762410-2241401#reader-link

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0316776963/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-6762410-2241401#reader-link

Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil by John Berrendt : http://www.randomhouse.com/features/midnight/

A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole: http://www.curledup.com/dunces.htm

Tropic Of Cancer by Henry Miller: http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=6823611&wauth=Henry%20Miller&matches=477&qsort=r&cm_re=works*listing*title

Tropic Of Capricorn by Henry Miller: http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=6823617&wauth=Henry%20Miller&matches=490&qsort=r&cm_re=works*listing*title

Subterraneans by Jack Kerouac: http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=6437176&wauth=Kerouac%2C%20Jack&matches=191&qsort=r&cm_re=works*listing*title

On The Road by Jack Kerouac: http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=4843785&wauth=Kerouac%2C%20Jack&matches=454&qsort=r&cm_re=works*listing*title

The Grapes Of Wrath by John Steinbeck: http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=4843785&wauth=Kerouac%2C%20Jack&matches=454&qsort=r&cm_re=works*listing*title

The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka: http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?qwork=4320395&wauth=Franz%20Kafka&matches=254&qsort=r&cm_re=works*listing*title

I could do this all day.... But I can't.

One more. I just can't helpmyself...

The Anarchist Cookbook by William Powell: http://www.amazon.com/Anarchist-Cookbook-William-Powell/dp/0974458902/ref=pd_sim_b_2/103-6762410-2241401

The Story Of O by Pauline Reage: http://www.amazon.com/Story-O-Pauline-Reage/dp/0345301110
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:35:40 am by Dan J. »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 01:22:32 pm »
One I HIGHLY recommend:  "Going Home-Jesus and Buddha as Brothers" by Thich Nhat Hanh.  This author was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Martin Luther King Jr.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 01:44:56 pm »
I use to read all the time, I don't know what happened. I have read and loved....A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, wasn't it? It's been awhile but also like The Count of Monte Cristo, thought the movie was excellent. I have also read books by Jackie Collins, Stephen King, and of course, The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, would like to read the Witch Chronicles, forgets the proper name. I also have read a bit of New Age stuff by Raven Silverwolf, Buckland, and Scott Cunningham....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.