Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 337
Total: 338

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ling-chi / Ganoderma Lucidum (ling chi / reichi) 靈芝  (Read 10304 times)

Offline nick2046

Ling-chi / Ganoderma Lucidum (ling chi / reichi) 靈芝
« on: September 02, 2006, 12:44:54 pm »
I know i know, i'm a big sucker but i feel better if i just take sth extra; as if i'm actually doing sth to help in this war against HIV.  I tried most things in the past 4 years but i'm still uncertain which is a better supplement.  So far i've tried Royal Jelly, Ling-chi, Sutherlandia, multi-vitamins.  I try each of those in combination or alone for @ least a year...  So frustratng, not knowing which is best & none of them is cheap...  i panick as all my stock finishes last night; i couldn't even sleep.

My CD4 has increased from a 2-digit figure to just >200 in 4 years.  I ain't happy with the result & I think i'm doing my best, i quit smoking/drinking, cheese, use olive oil, less meat, more fruits...  but it just ain't good enough.  I understand CD4 increases very slowly but i'm afraid, very afraid.  Nobody close to me understands my fear.  I was infected with crytospodium a few years ago & my mum thought i was just putting up a drama.  I was sent away in a flight that took 14 hrs; luckily i didn't shit in my pants, but i coulda...  I found out later that it could be fatal to me... i've been drinking bottled water ever since.

I just want to get as high as >500 & maintain @ that lvl...  is there really no quicker way, or am i being greedy?  ???
And so it has been, and so it is written
    On the doorway to paradise
    That those who falter and those who fall
    Must pay the price

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
Re: Ling-chi / Ganoderma Lucidum (ling chi / reichi) 靈芝
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 09:26:33 pm »
Hey Nick2046:

I'm not on medication too (I assume you are not) currently and similarly have been trying many types of supplements and natural therapies like you. I suppose the only way to know which one helps, is isolating them one by one and taking the test to see if the CD4 improves. That may take a while.

I read from several sources, including what doctors say, that stress and emotional states affect the CD4 levels too. Meditation keeps me calm and helps me focus on staying well. I'm not sure how long I can stave off meds but I'll do what I can for the moment.

It's natural to be afraid but over time, the fear will subside and you will have a better handle over your condition from your own experience. There are many wonderful and great people in this forum who manage and cope with their conditions everyday for many years. They possess precious knowledge and are more than willing to share their guidance. So feel free to ask. If nothing else of an answer, you can be sure they will share your concerns and make you feel better.

Stay well and Blessed Be.

Michael

PS: Whatever you choose to do, keep an open mind, cos like an umbrella, it is only useful when it stays open.. ;)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 09:36:16 pm by Merlin »
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline nick2046

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:58:43 pm »
Hey Nick2046:

I'm not on medication too (I assume you are not) currently and similarly have been trying many types of supplements and natural therapies like you. I suppose the only way to know which one helps, is isolating them one by one and taking the test to see if the CD4 improves. That may take a while.

PS: Whatever you choose to do, keep an open mind, cos like an umbrella, it is only useful when it stays open.. ;)

Mmm, actually i AM on medication already.  My CD4 was <20.

A closed umbrella can be very useful specially if it has a long metal end; i feel like stabbing my stupid bf sometimes.  Yes, some nice ppl here, i wish i found it sooner.
And so it has been, and so it is written
    On the doorway to paradise
    That those who falter and those who fall
    Must pay the price

Offline JManSF

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 01:52:06 pm »
Hi Nick2046:

Five years ago I was diagnosed and my CD4 was 38.  I have been on meds ever since and an ever increasing amount of supplements to counteract any toxic effects from the meds.  My CD4 has also increased very slowly over the the years.  January 06 they still were only at 253.  Then in April they increased to 320 and in June to 360.  I not totally sure why my CD4s increased so dramatically in only 6 months, but the only change that I made in meds or supplements was adding a product called Mataike Mushroom D-fraction by Grifron.  I take 3 caps twice daily between meals.  They market it as the Ultimate Immune Enhancer.   I first learned about it when I read a natural healing book that suggested it in a list of supplements for treating HIV/AIDS.  I was already taking most of the supplements on the list including Milk Thistle to protect my liver, and other supplements like CoQ10, Selenium, Tumeric, Zinc, and L-glutathione.  So I just added the MM D-fraction and started taking it the first of the year.

Of course I can't be sure that this supplement really made my CD4s increase so much because I am not willing to stop taking it just to test it (I don't want to chance stopping my progress).   Still I thought I would pass it along.  Maybe it will work for you.  I search the net using Google to get a webstore with the cheapest prices for 360 capsules (60 day supply).  The last best price I found was about $54.

Good luck in your progress.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.