Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This is distressing! Does this effect YOU? What are your thoughts??  (Read 19055 times)

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: This is distressing! Does this effect YOU? What are your thoughts??
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 06:26:23 pm »
Not that Iggy needs defending, he is afterall quite capable, but there is something that needs to be said here.
At some point just before we moved to the new forums, Iggy had been stalked, outed, and dogged by a person in his city. He got his confidence smashed to smithereenies, and backed out of the forums for a period of time. He had only begun to return to posting here, and something made him decide to go away again, and take his posts with him.
I don't know what his reasons were, but he was a genuinely good man with fears, and demons, just like the rest of us. He was just a wry, pragmatic man who didn't buy into the whole "don't worry, be happy, positive karma" thing.
Personally, I miss him. I hope he is well.

This all happened because Iggy took to defending me on my blog from a troll, who was most probably a member of AM, judging by his/her familiarity with my posts and various issues. I took Iggy's withdrawl last summer extremely personally, and even considered abandoning my blog altogether.

I am unfamiliar with the particulars regarding his retreat, but as he has deleted all his posts he shall probably not be coming back. That's a shame, because I counted him among my closest friends and confidants last Summer and was looking to reconnect with one of the smartest, funniest, most clever men I'd ever met.

Brent
(Who remains loyal)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 07:28:48 pm »
Words are very powerful whether in the hands of an adept or a novice. Sometimes it's just easier to put the lid back on that box than to have to continue to deal with the outcome of our action.

so true, so true. ughhh  :-[  :-[  :-[

Hey, we have ALL had terrible things happen to us. Unspeakable things. Suicide attempts, rejections of the worst kind, We have known death, assault, domestic violence, stalkers, and let's not forget the virus that enjoys snacking on our brains.

There is no excuse for being cruel to others as a result, or by-product of those horrors. None whatsoever.

indeed. shame on that person who did the trolling/stalking of iggy.  >:( and on a different matter, shame on me as well for judging iggy simply because we didn't see eye to eye on the GMHC (NY's largest ASO for those of you who don't know) ...i used each & every opportunity to tell him i felt he was focusing too much energy on all the "wrong" things, "wrong" as defined by me, even his choices in karaoke singing and calling him ignatius reilly. big shame on me. where did i get off deciding what was right & wrong for him? my dumv little ego was hurt simply because he didn't agree with my fondness for the GMHC. i'm very very sorry.   :-[

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 08:53:21 pm »
Personally I think 48 hours is too long.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2007, 07:51:46 pm »
it's time to revisit this here thread, i think.

so....

B

U

M

P

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2007, 07:54:17 pm »
Whoomp!  There it is!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2007, 07:56:59 pm »
Man thats one freaky pussy!

Sorry had to say that.

Your right. end of story....

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2007, 08:50:06 pm »
 :'(
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 08:59:55 pm by bryonut »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2007, 08:54:53 pm »
~

***~!

~~~~~* ** ****~~**~ *********~.

~~~~~~*~~~~~?   ???

*~*,
bry
 ;D

(modified to add ***~!)

You know....that's just about what I would have expected you to say.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2007, 09:52:51 pm »
I saw the other thread where someone deleted what they wrote. I agree with you 100 percent. It makes me wonder what was said but I really don't stress it. Either you have the balls to say what's on your mind or you don't. It's simple as that to me...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2007, 10:12:24 pm »
I remember when there was a delete facility. Members could delete their own posts. It was a nightmare.

I think that the Administrators should reduce the edit window from 48 hours to 5 minutes like it is in many other forums. You've got 5 minutes to edit your post to correct any typos or zero it if you've thought better of what you've posted before a debate can start.

After 5 minutes if you really really need to edit the post then tough fucking luck. You should have thought about that when you clicked send.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2007, 10:27:25 pm »
::agrees furiously::

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2007, 10:28:21 pm »
I remember when there was a delete facility. Members could delete their own posts. It was a nightmare.

I think that the Administrators should reduce the edit window from 48 hours to 5 minutes like it is in many other forums. You've got 5 minutes to edit your post to correct any typos or zero it if you've thought better of what you've posted before a debate can start.

After 5 minutes if you really really need to edit the post then tough fucking luck. You should have thought about that when you clicked send.

MtD

it's a shame it has to be like that.  i still run across typos in old posts that i wish i could fix, but there were too many people who couldn't be responsible with that freedom, so we all lost it.  that 5 mins sounds a bit extreme, but i am definitely coming around to thinking it needs to be far shorter than it still is.  it seems 48 hours is still too generous as that is still plenty of time to throw a wrecking ball to a whole thread.  it's a pisser, too...cuz i'd love to still be able to do stuff like edit/rename thread titles (like when there ends up being some important update info that you want to make sure people readily see).  

i wish people could have some more foresight about such things because we all end up having to lose some pretty nifty little editorial freedoms.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2007, 11:02:13 pm »
Timmy,

You have to be one of the brightest, most intelligent, and sensible posters on these Forums.

I had the most wonderful evening that I can remember on the sidewalk in front of the Powell in San Francisco getting to know you and your brilliant mind.  It was an evening I will never forget.

Love and hugs, Ric

Offline 404error

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2007, 11:37:01 pm »
I think that any and all users should have the right to edit or delete anything they've written at any given time.  Obviously going through threads you've responded to or perhaps created on your own and removing anything that makes you look bad is in poor taste.  If you're going to be outspoken that's fine but stick to your guns. 
A social critic who promotes equality...

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 12:10:12 am »
Timmy,

You have to be one of the brightest, most intelligent, and sensible posters on these Forums.

I had the most wonderful evening that I can remember on the sidewalk in front of the Powell in San Francisco getting to know you and your brilliant mind.  It was an evening I will never forget.

Love and hugs, Ric

Well good gracious, Ric.  What a wonderful thing to say.  I'm all warm and fuzzy and stuff.   :)

I treasure that experience also.  You know it!

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2007, 12:16:27 am »
Christ, pry yourselves apart already boys. It's nauseating.

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2007, 12:34:51 am »
Back off, Matilda!  We're having a moment!

;D
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2007, 12:50:16 am »
So I noticed Timberley. ;)

When you're not licking the side of Ric's head, you're humping Jodala's leg. Take it back to the AMG forum babe. What goes on tour, stays on tour and all that.

MtD
(Who cannot stand seeing others enjoy themselves) :P

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2007, 01:43:22 am »
LMAO.......
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.