Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:51:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 525
Total: 527

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: condom break, plz plz help  (Read 6976 times)

Offline Mechanic

condom break, plz plz help
« on: August 07, 2007, 06:47:19 am »
I've been going through your forum for some days now and I think what you are doing is really great.

I'm male, 32 y/o & married. To cut my story short for you, here are the situations I went through and I like to hear from you if I have any risk.

1- I received one un-protected blowjob from sex worker in late June (I didn't see any blood in her mouth and I have no cuts). Till today, I don't have any up-normal symptoms also.
2- During the last 2 weeks, I had 5 protected vaginal sex with 5 different sex workers. Condoms were used in all 5 with no breakage or slippage.

These are the only sex practices I had all my life (outside my marriage) and I don't think I will have more sex practices outside my marriage again.

My questions are:
1- Am I at risk for HIV or other STDs? Should I worry?
2- Do I need to test for these only acts?

I appreciate your help,

Offline RapidRod

Re: Am I at any risk?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:57:53 am »
If you used protection consistently then you have had no risk in contracting HIV. You don't contract HIV from getting a blowjob. As for STDs, there are some that are skin to skin contact. If you have a concern then have an STD panel done but you don't need to have an HIV test done unless you've had unprotected anal or vaginal sex or you've shared works to mainline drugs.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:31:43 am »
In the entire history of the epidemic there's never been a single case confirmed of transmission via a guy getting a blowjob. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Condoms provide very effective protection against transmission so as Rod has told you there's no need for testing for HIV.

Other STDs are another matter and if you have any symptoms of any sort that's something to discuss with your doctor.

This is NOT an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Mechanic

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 08:48:03 am »
Thanks alot for the quick replies.

The replies I received from you are the most direct to the point ones.

The answer is clear. No need to test for HIV.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:34:54 am »
You're welcome. I'm glad you found the help you needed here.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Mechanic

condom break, plz plz help
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 03:01:15 am »
hi, i believe in your experience guys and i hope i get relieved from your answers
Today i had vaginal intercourse with CSW i dubai and her vagina was dry, although the  condom used was lubricated but i heard a sound and immediately i pulled out and the condom had a hole and my penis head was without cover. I estimate the time between breakage and pulling to be 2-3 seconds. Also at the time of breakage, my penis wasnt fully inside her vagina, i think it was in the middle.

Then i removed the condom and wiped my penis with a tissue. Then i used another condom till finish without breakage this time.

Plz let me know if i should put this issue behind. The anxioty is so high.
Plz help

Thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: condom break, plz plz help
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 03:46:43 am »
Mech,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Given that you noticed the broken condom right away and you were the insertive partner in vaginal intercourse, your risk is more theoretical than anything. I have yet to see the insertive partner end up positive following a condom break.

However, you would be wise to test at the three month point after this incident.

Please read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line. A correctly used and correctly lubricated condom rarely breaks.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Mechanic

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 03:56:37 am »
thank you for your quick reply.

What about other STDs? Some people are advising me to take antipiotics?

Thanks again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 05:03:04 am »
Mech,

You should not take antibiotics unless you've been diagnosed with an infection. A doctor should prescribe them because different antibiotics are needed for different infections.

You can test for other STIs ten days to two weeks after the encounter, or sooner if you develop any unusual discharge from your penis or any unusual blemishes on your penis. The only exception is syphilis, which shares a three month window period with hiv. However, this is not a general STI site - it's an hiv site.

Your risk was very, very low, but you should test for hiv at three months. I do not expect a positive result and neither should you.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Mechanic

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 07:20:21 am »
So, you are telling me that I should not worry about it since you haven't seen a guy to gets HIV through brief borken condom?

Offline Mechanic

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 07:24:00 am »
Maybe RapidRod can give me his opinion

Thank you guys

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 08:51:55 am »
Yes, that's exactly what Ann has told you. The risk to you during such a single, brief incident when your condom broke is more theoretical than actual. Getting tested at 13 weeks is strictly just to ease your mind and a virtual slam dunk for a negative result.

Make sure in the future that you are using fresh condoms and ones which fit you properly.

Get productively busy with other matters in your life and the waiting time to test will pass more quickly than you can imagine.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline Mechanic

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 09:48:04 am »
thanks alot Andy. You are the best

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 10:27:15 am »
You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Offline Mechanic

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 01:53:01 pm »
Hi everyone, I followed your advice and I waited the three months period and got tested for my peace of mind and Yes, I'm negative. During the three months, I got productively busy and wow, the time went very quickly.

I'm here to share my negative result with everyone letting everyone know that Andy Velez and Ann and all other friends are true angels. What you are doing guys is something that cannot be priced and I wish sometimes if I could meet you face to face to thank you. I think there is still very good people in this world

Thank you Andy
Thank you Ann

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 04:49:35 pm »
Good deal on that happy result. Enjoy it and get on with your life.

Glad to know you found the support here to be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.