Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:39:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 794
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 772
Total: 773

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm disgusted with people atm.  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
I'm disgusted with people atm.
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:49:15 am »
I'll make this really short. I feel like screaming though.

Stuff is really rocky with my boyfriend right now. I was complaining about it with some gay aquaintances of mine and just chatting and stuff about it, and at least 3 different people said, "Well, you shouldn't have dated a transsexual guy in the first place."

FUCK. OFF!

I could go into a big rant right here about how bodies are more important than the actual person to the majority of gay men but I won't. I don't have to. They all know it. And the ones that would turn down someone sweet, funny, interesting, intelligent, etc. because he's trans know exactly who they are.

People need to stop being so fucking superficial and get on with fucking life.

Fucking hell.

I'd like to take this moment to challenge you all to stop and consider why you're dating your current partner if you have one or what you want in a partner if you don't have one. Then try and figure out how much of it is meaningless bullshit that will never amount to a solid relationship in the end. Seriously. Consider this today's lesson or something like that.

End rant.

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
Re: I'm disgusted with people atm.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 03:06:11 am »
Gee, Jaser, friends can be such shits sometimes.  I just posted that in another thread...

I'm sorry your relationship is rocky at the moment and hope that's resolved to your mutual satisfaction soon.

As long as consenting adults (you're included even if technically you don't meet some bureaucratic requirement) are happy doing what they do with each other, on whatever levels they interact, screw the rest of the world.  The ignorance and prejudice against transgendered people is truly one of the last socially acceptable prejudices, even worse than that acceptable in too many places against gay men and women.  It's like a prejudice some gay men hold about lesbians, the very thought of two women sexually engaging makes them almost sick.  Totally irrational but I know several men who think scarily alike on the issue of bumping pussy -- that phrase alone makes them swoon, in a totally manly, masculine manner, of course.

I don't understand this remaining form of legitimized hate but I don't understand a hell of a lot about what makes humans do what we do, like killing 32 people on a campus somewhere in Virginia.   

Whether you and your bf stay together I advise you to seek more enlightened friends.  They are out there, I know!  And there is an old saying that goes "with friends like you... "   Either try to educate them (one by one might not be bad but they're your friends) or decide whether good people who still hold hatred against other classes of people are worth having as friends.  It's a personal decision, though.  I'm friends with racists (of several ethnicities), religious bigots, misogynists, misanthropes (i.e., I'm friends with myself), even a few Republicans, but can see something better than what they display to the world.
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:26:01 pm »
Long story short I just don't understand how a marginalized, abused group can marginalize and abuse another group. WTF.

Offline Rainbow1

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:59:20 pm »
People need to stop being so fucking superficial and get on with fucking life.

You are so right, but dont let it bother you there are many of us out here that feel the way you feel. sorry to here about your problem but it will get better hang in there.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.