Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 376
Total: 376

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: lasting sysmptoms, tested negative after 6 months !!!  (Read 10656 times)

Offline 7seees

lasting sysmptoms, tested negative after 6 months !!!
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:17:42 pm »
Hi All,
I have had sex with a prostitute (girl from Morocco) in Dubai 6 months ago, I used condom, I was not sure if it was break or not (that was first time using condom, I didn’t remove the air inside the top end of the condom and I didn’t check it after), two days later I started feeling sick, mild flu-like (lasting for 3 weeks) with sweat only in my neck and under armpits   
-   1st week, Oral problems (mouth and tongue was reddish some time with small sore (Go on and off till now)
-   2nd week,  Reddish under the skin deferent places, some time come clearly on my palms (Go on and off till now)
-    9th week, Joins and muscles hurting, (now mild pain in arms and legs with weak muscles)
-     19th week, uncomfortable feeling under my armpits and under my jaw
-    24th week, glands under my jaw, ear, and armpits started swelling.
These lasting and on going symptoms was fuelling my anxiety and my worries

Testing:
-   after 1, 4, 6, 13, week HIV 1& 2 ELISA, Negative (i dun know about the generation)
-   after 16 weeks P24 antigen, Negative and ELISA HIV1&2 Negative (3rd  generation)
-   After exactly 6 months, HIV 1&2 ELISA, Negative

The problem is, there is no HIV expert doc. at my country, so iam planning to go after month out side to get full scanning.
My question is, do I need to retest for HIV again?

Many thanks.

Offline 7seees

Re: lasting sysmptoms, tested negative after 6 months !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:29:10 pm »

I have forgotten to say that I was tested after 13 weeks for the STD and all came negative

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:40:35 pm »
My god man, how many times do you need to test and get a negative result for?  Negative means negative, especially after 12 weeks, it's quite conclusive.  Your 6 month negative sets it all in stone.  For gods sake, stop testing, you are definitely negative.

You werent even at risk, you used a condom which protected you the entire time you wore it (and believe me you would know it if it broke).

Please go and see your local general practitioner about any "symptoms" you may be having because they certainly aren't related to HIV in any way.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:42:49 pm by cubbybear »

Offline 7seees

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 11:01:04 pm »
Thanks Cubbyhugs,
honestly I was satisfied with the 6 month test but I read somewhere in the internet that there is a group "O" that can't be detected by ELISA test, and the girl I did sex with was from morocco (from Africa), which again refuels the anxiety
also i am worry about the late seroconverting

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 02:13:50 am »
You have reliably tested NEGATIVE for HIV.  Please try and get past your obscession with HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:45:50 am »

If you were infected with any sort of hiv, it would have shown up by your thirteen week test.

You do not have hiv. You are hiv negative, end of story.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline 7seees

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 11:11:24 am »
Hi,
is the PCR (Quantitive) for all Hiv 1&2 and group O, or it is request only for a Specific type???
today i have got a pcr test done two weeks ago came negative (after 6.5 months), but still swelling  with pain neck/armpits, oral problems red spot on the skin ,the mucous membrane, and palms/sole which can't be explained by DR.

Many thhanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 11:24:30 am »

You are absolutely, conclusively hiv negative. Whatever is going on with your body has nothing to do with hiv. If you are not happy with your doctor, find a new one who will help you find out what - if anything - is wrong with you.

You do not have hiv, period, end of story.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline 7seees

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 11:34:31 am »
thanks a lot Ann, it so hard to forget, i have  never, never seen all my life things like this just the day after that exposure.

really i want to thank you soo much and all the nice guys in this forum for the support and for the valuable information you provide.

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 11:43:25 am »
Hi,
is the PCR (Quantitive) for all Hiv 1&2 and group O, or it is request only for a Specific type???
today i have got a pcr test done two weeks ago came negative (after 6.5 months), but still swelling  with pain neck/armpits, oral problems red spot on the skin ,the mucous membrane, and palms/sole which can't be explained by DR.

Many thhanks

As has already been said, stop getting tested you are HIV negative.  I believe the transmission experts here forgot to point out the most obvious thing, that being protected sex is not a risk for infection. You say you don't know if the condom broke but I'm assuming you removed it at some point after the encounter and you would have known whether or not it broke.  So essentially you had a no risk encounter. Your numerous tests were excessive and unwarranted

As someone who does a lot of PCR I can tell you that if you keep going in for these unnecessary tests you will increase your changes of getting a FALSE-POSTIVE, as it is not that difficult for PCR reactions to become contaminated or show an abberant result for whatever reason. This would definitly not be good for someone with your level of anxiety. Accept the fact that you are negative. If you continue to obsess about the disease, seek professional counseling to help deal with your irrational fear. (more testing won't help you, counseling very well could!)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.