Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:00:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 708
Total: 708

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Oral risk  (Read 5694 times)

Offline Iregret

Oral risk
« on: July 26, 2008, 08:13:06 am »
Been reading this forum for almost everyday for the past two months!
Hoping to get some info on the HIV risk of pre-cum during oral sex.
My satiation involves giving oral sex to a guy of unknown statues of a high risk, during the oral I notice some pre-cum, where I got frighten of HIV and stopped him; this was for less than a minute as far as I think. After which I had a shower and washed my mouth.
Since then and till date my anxiety, stress, and mostly my regret is killing me, I could not stop thinking that I might contract HIV.
I started to go through the web looking for the risk of such behavior sitting in front of your computer did not help, I was not concentrating on my job nor my family, and which made things more worse is looking for the ARS symptoms on my self form what I have educated my self through the web.
I could not put my mind nor my self to rest even knowing that the risk is very low.
After 12 days I notice that I have a dental problem in my teeth as I felt pain when I eat on it, had an appointment with the dentist a month and half after my exposure and she told me that it was just next to the root! This made me more worrey of contracting HIV. But the mental sensation that I had disappeared after it.
I could not stop worrying, regretting and thinking of this incidence and the HIV, I had been like this every single day1 and some times with crying.
I hurt my self a lot.   

Well I would like to provide you with these things that happen to me
Dry skin mainly forearms and legs lower part.
Dry mouth
Falling of hair which is still going on! Little less though
Sore tonsils
Neck pain
Loss of weight around 3~4 KG, as everyone see me ask what wrong with me looking skinny.
Small red rashes mostly on arms, shoulders, and less on legs around 5 to 6 at each location mainly arms,  size around 0.1~.03 (been there now for more than 2 months!! and now they are mainly found in my forearms and this is what make me crazy all the time.
Soft stool every morning for the past one and a half month.
Well night sweat I can not say too much about it because I live in a room of 27C.
One more thing that I would like to add is that I had a small bruise last month on my leg which needed a week to heal, which I think it was a long time for it to heal.

I did a test at 12 days after exposure I know that was not necessary but I did it and was negative.

I did another test at 34 days after exposure and came negative when I did this test the rashes were there!

I am worried all the time and worried of doing another test thought that it is now over 11 weeks, the reason because I have a trip to do after ten day for around 3 weeks and I don’t want to spoil it. 

Please advice what you think what is my risk? and what are these rashes that they won't want to go away?
I know I have to do the test which I will do once I come back for my trip
At the end I would like to thank you all for the effort you are doing over here in this forum and looking forwards for you reply that would hopefully relief and help me get out of this .

Many thanks
Iregret

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Oral risk
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:23:14 am »
Ok, first of all take a nice deep and slow breath in and then out. I mean it. Do that right now. And then do it again. And do it whenever you find yourself tensing up.

Now, bottom line as far as I am concerned you did not do anything risky for the transmissiion of HIV. Your own saliva has over a dozen elements in it which very effectively neutralize the ability of HIV to be transmitted viably. Longterm studies of sero-discordant couples (both gay and straight) who has lots of mutual unprotected oral sex and only protected vaginal and anal intercourse have resulted in not a single sero-negative partner having become infected.

Of course from time to time we hear anecdotal reports about someone who insists they became infected through giving oral. They never seem to hold up under careful scientific scrutiny. Common sense does dictate that if you have a fresh wound in your mouth or poor oral health that giving head, especially with ejaculation and swallowing is not recommended.

Otherwise if there is risk it is miniscule and certainly I wouldn't consider what you have described to be such. If you choose to continue to test for your own peace of mind I do expect you will continue to test negative.

As for your symptoms, they are unsurprisingly not in any way HIV specific. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor. In your current state of anxeity (and guilt/remorse) you are busily misinterpreting everything through an HIV jitters mindset. All incorrectly of course.

This is not an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Iregret

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 08:48:29 am »
Dear Andy

I would like to thank you so much for your quick respond, and the facts that you have replied with in regards to the Long-term studies of sero-discordant couples.
I always wished that you would be answering my thread,
I now for a fact that I have filled my head and mind with a lots of HIV / ARS symptoms but what makes me worry most is the rashes that I been developing for a long time size 0.1~.03cm.
As far as I have read symptoms come all in a once and leave all in a once during the 3rd to the 5th week of been infected,
But how long do they remain?
Do I have to test for HIV? What about the 34days test I made?

Thanks a lot Andy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 09:07:04 am »
If ARS symptoms are going to happen they come simultaneously and last for a week or two -- not five weeks.

I've already told you that I don't think testing is necessary. Any negative result is always encouraging. But for anyone who's had a real risk, which I hasten to add you haven't, then getting a final answer is done at 13 weeks after the most recent risky incident. The average time to seroconversion iss 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus. A negative at 6 weeks is very unlikely to change when tested again at 13 weeks.

But remember, I don't think you need to be testing.

We can't interpret your symptoms here. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline Iregret

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 09:59:19 am »
Have a last Q?

It's regarding the rashes.
I know you can't interpret my symptoms here, but please!
These rashes I have started like a tiny raised pimple-like then become red, blister and leave! Taking them around 4-5 days to leave, while others start to show, the maximum I had are around 7 on each arms, they been showing on/off for the past 2 months now. Today I notice a new one on my hand next to my finger.
Some itchy but most are not?

Please advice I am at a risk here?
This would be my last question till I would post back my test results?
I am still worried. :'(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17:18 am »
The rash you are describing is not like the one which is associated with ARS. That one comes at one time, is flat and your description of it doesn't fit.  If it persists I suggest you see your doctor or a dermatologist.

This is STILL not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline Iregret

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 07:58:15 am »
Dear Ann,
Sorry for the PM i am new and did not know the rules,, once more sorry.

Could you please, please  add your comments!! your comments would really help me thought this.
I some time i say i don't have to test but, i want to do the test now it to relief the stress out but i am so worried of the result to be..!!

Thank you, and god bless
Iregret.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 08:11:13 am »
Regret,

It's your responsibility to learn the rules of our forum. You can find them in the Welcome Thread. Please read it, it also contains links to our lessons on HIV transmission.

Andy is correct. You were not at risk of contracting HIV and you do not need to test.

MtD

Offline Iregret

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 03:09:51 am »
Thanks MtD
Ok as far as Andy's reply on the rashes which are still there tiny raised pimple-like then become red rashes are not an ARS symptoms, as they can not persists for a long period!

Another thing that I am going through is the
Soft motion and stomach gases that I am having every day for the past 2 months by now? Are they are related to HIV
And recently I had been feeling pain on the kidney sides and stomach each.. Are they related too?

I am sorry for posting this but I need your help

Another thing is the STD what should I tell the laboratory person I just want to test for STD? Or is each test for STD is different?
Could my symptoms be related to an STD? I am lost ???.
Thank you all for your support.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 06:03:42 am »
You didn't have a risk of contracting HIV. Have an Oral STD test done if you are concerned.

Offline Iregret

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 06:28:34 am »
RapidRod,

So are you saying that i should not even think to get tested? as I didn't have a risk of contracting HIV.
so you think that these symptoms are unrelated to HIV?

Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 06:48:29 am »
Regret,

You've been told repeatedly that this is not an hiv situation.

We cannot help you with your symptoms here. If you're feeling unwell, go see a doctor. Nobody can diagnose you over the internet.

As for other STIs, again, go see a doctor. This is an hiv-specific website, not a general STI website.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Iregret

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 07:19:52 am »
Well as I been here in this forum reading most of the threads which are similar to mine, and not been posting my thread till just only a few days ago after such a period of two months and a half of my exposure, during which I developed an extreme  anxiety, stress, and mostly the regret. Due to the fear of contracting HIV.

Your feedback all had helped to reduce my anxiety & stress, but the regret won't leave because it's a lesson.

I will put my self, and my mind for a rest for a while, I will defiantly go for the test on Sept. and I will keep you posted (I promise) as I saw that some dose not post back.. Hope that they had negative results.

I ask god for me to have a negative result too.

Last thing but not least Thank you, Andy, MtD, RapidRod, and specially to you Ann (sorry for the PM)
However I hoped somehow to hear this phrase form Andy his known phrase
""This is not an HIV situation. But go ahead and test if you must and collect the inevitable negative result""   

Once more thank you all, deep down in my soul I wish you all the best and happiness.

PS nice Blog Ann, keep updating it

Iregret

Offline Iregret

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 08:12:48 am »
sorry to post again, but i would like to lessen to your inputs here,

I am still having these rashes mainly on my arms, few on my leg with hair falling down easily on my arms and head, and the hair are thinner that they usually do...

I had also developed some rashes on the back of my neck,,, when i search the net,, I think that these rashes are folliculitis, learning that these rashes are commen in HIV positive persons... its now more than š months since my exposure... I would do the test in  Sept,, but Andy was saying that I do not have to do the test...

Please advice..thanks all

Offline atlq

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 08:23:00 am »
You need to go to a doctor to have your symptoms diagnosed and treated. As you have been told repeatedly, they are not HIV specific and that yours is not a HIV situation. We cannot diagnose symptoms over the internet. See your doctor.
“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.