Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:35:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773192
  • Total Topics: 66335
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Well This isn't Good....(California Edition)  (Read 3475 times)

Offline atlq

Well This isn't Good....(California Edition)
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:11:52 am »
It looks like the millions the Mormons and their allies are pouring into advertising are beginning to pay off in California.....

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/10/7/20425/6378
“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline komnaes

Re: Well This isn't Good....(California Edition)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:17:26 am »
The timing sucks though.. while everyone are focusing on the election..
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline dixieman

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:38:25 am »
I'm not really for Gay marriages myself...but, I am not opposed either.  I think CIVIL UNIONS should be on the books... its more palatable to the masses.Funny my Dad told me years ago when I told him I was gay... he said I would be in for disapointments...but, I was still his son... He did state he NEVER met Gay men who were in monogamous relationships...long term and or short... but, he knew of women (lesbians) being in lifetime relationships... and if you read the poz ads... many put on their ads as perks that their monogamous, looking for LTR's because theyve had several on the books... I'm not saying it can not happen but, their the exception not the rule. Unfortunately...

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:30:19 pm »
Prop 22, The Defense of Marriage Act was vetoed by Gov. Schwartzenegger in 2000.  SF Mayor Gavin Newsome ordered City Clerks to accept same sex marriage licenses in 2004 and the California Supreme Court nullified nearly 4,000 mariage licenses that occured in 3 weeks.  Gov. Schwatzenegger has stated he will not support any constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

Even if voters approve Prop 8, same-sex couples, who were married after June 15, 2008 or before the Proposition goes into effect, will not be affected.  Their marriages cannot be nullified or voided.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael 

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 05:37:52 pm »
It looks like the millions the Mormons and their allies are pouring into advertising are beginning to pay off in California.....

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/10/7/20425/6378

I have a Mormon uncle, both his sons were married in the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City and did their Missionary tours after High School, we could not be invited to either Wedding because only the most devout Mormons are allowed inside the temple.  Both Uncle Mel and my father remarried within days after Aunt Sally and my mom died.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:29:58 pm »
I'm not really for Gay marriages myself...but, I am not opposed either.  I think CIVIL UNIONS should be on the books... its more palatable to the masses.Funny my Dad told me years ago when I told him I was gay... he said I would be in for disapointments...but, I was still his son... He did state he NEVER met Gay men who were in monogamous relationships...long term and or short... but, he knew of women (lesbians) being in lifetime relationships... and if you read the poz ads... many put on their ads as perks that their monogamous, looking for LTR's because theyve had several on the books... I'm not saying it can not happen but, their the exception not the rule. Unfortunately...

pallatable to the masses?   f' that   how insulting that is to some of us that have been in long term relationships and have have suffered financially and emotionally after becoming widowed.  All the extra legal stuff we have to do is enough to drive anyone insane.

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 02:07:39 am »
For the last 3 weeks I've been watching the same ad on TV against the legal marriage of same sex couples.  I have yet to see one ad supporting the marriage.  The same commercial runs 3 or 4 times/night on every channel. Summer polls showed voters in favor of the marriage and now the numbers have reversed.  I also read  where supporters of same sex marriage had raised more money than the opponets.  WEll, they're not spending the money here that's for sure (I live in the rural part of N. California.)  If they're showing the ads in the major cities, well, that's just singing to the chorus.

robt

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 11:06:08 am »
They might be shoring up the votes in the cities where most of the population lives in California. There is not much past San Francisco and Sacramento.

I went last night to dinner with a group of 30 guys that meet weekly (and all but 4 are couples that have been together at least 7 years or more). To my surprise all but 2 couples had been married over the past month. The other two will be married in a couple of weeks.

I might not be in a position or want to be in a position to be married but, hey it would be incredible to have that choice.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.