Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 01:06:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: First Post  (Read 70526 times)

Offline tryingtostay

Re: First Post
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 11:04:26 pm »
Since I'm not on meds, and with my numbers, what/how should I normally be feeling through-out the day?

Offline pittman

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 11:10:31 pm »
Since I'm not on meds, and with my numbers, what/how should I normally be feeling through-out the day?

Not to be snarky, but you should feel what ever it is you feel.  That is to say, with your numbers, you probably aren't feeling anything specific related to the HIV other than your anxiety.

Offline zach

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 11:56:29 pm »
i had gas today, maybe it was from the meds (ann keeps talking about that side effcect, i think she just farts alot ;) or maybe it was from the binge of 10 ice cream sandwiches i ate at 3am last night. you've got enough reality to deal with right now, don't go looking for every little thing to be a portent of doom

trust us, right now you're fine, and chances are good you will always be fine. but if, heaven forbid, you ever do get sick, there will be NO doubt, at all. and every little thing, will be put into stark perspective.

enjoy your life man. go grab somebody that feels good and hug them. things like that are what you might miss one day. don't let the good times pass you by over needless worry.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2014, 01:17:09 am »

What are you expecting to feel?  I've been positive for years..today I ran five miles this morning, played with my dog on the beach for awhile, walked about 2miles to meet friends for lunch at an awesome seafood market (fish tacos to die for), ran some errands, dinner, more errands, sat on the beach with a coffee and watched the sun go down, now watching Tv and reading the internet.

My point.  Go about your life.  Get on meds when you can and hopefully you will live a long normal life and feel just like everyone else. 

i had gas today, maybe it was from the meds (ann keeps talking about that side effcect, i think she just farts alot ;) or maybe it was from the binge of 10 ice cream sandwiches i ate at 3am last night.

enjoy your life man. go grab somebody that feels good and hug them. things like that are what you might miss one day. don't let the good times pass you by over needless worry.

Ha! that made me laugh

Munchies?
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 04:46:29 pm »
Trying,

I agree with other posters who have warned you about excessive vitamins and supplements.  I have been poz for 3 decades and I have seen all the snake oil and magic cure claims and vitamins/supplements are the newest form of it.  Your body can only absorb so many vitamins/minerals and the rest you just piss away.  A daily vitamin and one Omega-3 supplement is all you generally need.

Taking excessive amounts of vitamins/minerals/supplements can cause many issues and may very well be the cause of some of your current problems.

Please review with your doctor EVERYTHING you take and that includes energy or any supplemental drink or powder, because you can overdose on these things.

You do not need most of the supplements you have mentioned.  You cannot supplement your way to proper nutrition, however, you can do major damage to yourself by abusing said supplements.

Joe

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 11:46:34 am »
Thank you all for the replies :)

I really sure hope the things I am feeling are due to Anxiety.  I had a friend over last night to talk with me about different avenues for financial support for meds and a lot of the anxiety started to re-surface.  After he left I went to my brothers house and hung there with my mother and all the Dateline news was about death.  Before I knew my HIV status I was mentally declining over issues like that and I still am.  I sure hope meds change this and my other symptoms around  :'(

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 12:07:56 pm »
The way your labs are looking you may not need meds for a long time, possibly never if you are a non progressor . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 01:03:36 pm »
Could it just possibly be slowly making copies from being in the Clinical latency stage?  I mean I've seen a lot of stories with low viral loads that progress.  What else I'm wondering about is my Geno and Pheno tests but I'll have to wait and hope and see if I will be able to have a good combination of meds to choose from that don't get me sick, and that I can take once a day.  I know people keep talking about my numbers but how I feel just has me so puzzled.  Whatever I end up being whether a non progressor, a slow progressor, or an elite responder I hope my body rejects that little nasty bugger.  Can they administer meds till the viral load is UD for a non-progressor and then lower the dosage?  I know I would screw up and think my body is ok and take a few days off.  I couldn't even consistently take my vitamins every day. 

Well sorry for the continuing thought salad.  It helps me to write things out.  Thanks all.

tryingtostay - healthy and alive! :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 01:17:04 pm »
You are not in any danger as far as HIV is concerned at this moment ... so it would be in your favor to wait and see what your new labs reflect . I think you are suffering from anxiety and overexposure to vitamins from what I am hearing ... its for sure not HIV making you sick at this point in time . I am not qualified to give a medical opinion so this is just my opinion on what facts I have a available to form one . Its not easy to hear but the best advice I can offer is to hurry up and wait  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 01:36:01 pm »

What else I'm wondering about is my Geno and Pheno tests but I'll have to wait and hope and see if I will be able to have a good combination of meds to choose from that don't get me sick, and that I can take once a day.

There's a very good chance that they won't be able to do a geno or phenotype test - your viral load is too low.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline zach

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »
man, you are tossing out words you just shouldn't know at this point. seriously, you're healthy, focus on that and staying that way

everybody hopes they are elite non progressors. few are. i kind of think its a legend.

do not mess around with your med dosages because you think you're better, that is not the way it works.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  Going to see the doctor tomorrow morning.  Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2014, 10:18:05 pm »
Can HIV cause digestive tract disorders?  My doctor seems to think that I have an upper intestinal ulcer but I can't recall the last time I've felt the burn for indigestion.  ???  I do feel a little discomfort but it's not like it's burning all day. I still get weak fast.  I was out cutting the lawn today with a self propelled lawn-mower and within a half hour I was totally weak.  My heart was racing, and later on while at diner I thought I was having an anxiety attack and I felt like throwing up a bite of food I was about to eat. 

Offline pittman

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2014, 07:34:08 am »
I read that it can have an effect on the mucus lining, as that is a part of your immune system.  In fact, there is a recent study talking about the effect early treatment has on this, linked from the front page right now: http://www.poz.com/articles/gut_inflammation_761_25450.shtml

However, I have never heard of that being so acute as you seem to describe, and you may be closer to the mark with describing as an anxiety attach.  Make sure you let your doctor know of your symptom.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2014, 08:56:43 am »
He switched me from Omeprazole to Zantac and prescribed me Zoloft.  I took both last night before going to bed and at 3am I woke up sweating and shivering with diarrhea.  It's now 9am and I am still in the same condition.

Offline pittman

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2014, 09:45:07 am »
I'm not sure if diarrhea is a prevalent side effect or not for either of those. Read the drug insert and check with your doctor.  Of course you could just have a stomach bug on top of it all.

I hope you get past it and feel better soon.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2014, 11:35:57 am »
All three of those symptoms are side effects of Zoloft. 

It's hard talking to the person I most trusted with my condition.  I mentioned the article posted above.  There is a strong sense of denial that I keep confronting with that person.  I guess there really is no other approach they can take because there simply is nothing else they person can do about my condition.  And given all the numbers I have it does seem odd about my acute symptoms. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2014, 11:43:44 am »
People can offer support but you know only you and your doctor can fully address what to make of your symptoms . We all learn sooner or later when we are living with HIV not everything is HIV related or med related .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2014, 02:27:25 pm »
read the side effects of almost any script

diarrhea and thoughts of suicide

largely meaningless legalese to protect the manufacturer, one dude may have opted out, couple guys may have had the runs... now mass panic from it

Offline Kardean

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2014, 09:20:05 pm »
People can offer support but you know only you and your doctor can fully address what to make of your symptoms . We all learn sooner or later when we are living with HIV not everything is HIV related or med related .

So true.... but just how do we sort them out?  I still have a problem with that one  :(

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2014, 09:34:49 pm »
So true.... but just how do we sort them out?  I still have a problem with that one  :(

You must find a doctor you can trust that will work with you . Tryingtostay is in a unique situation in that he has excellent lab numbers but is not feeling well ... it does not sound like HIV is making him sick so the best course is to manage his stress and continue to work with his doctor to find out what's up .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Kardean

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2014, 09:57:48 pm »
You must find a doctor you can trust that will work with you . Tryingtostay is in a unique situation in that he has excellent lab numbers but is not feeling well ... it does not sound like HIV is making him sick so the best course is to manage his stress and continue to work with his doctor to find out what's up .

Oh Yeah.... It's not just me!   My doctor sort of sucks but I don't have a pool to choose from due to living in a very rural area.  Much like Tryingtostay (even though his numbers are better than mine), I have a hard time accepting some noticeable otherwise unexplainable conditions while currently maintaining good labs.

Maybe I just need to move :o

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2014, 10:07:24 pm »
Any idea why the doctor wouldn't prescribe anti-bionics if he things I am having stomach ulcers?  I almost over-dosed on the Zoloft.  100mg.  Just took one last night and have been in a bad state the past 24hrs.  I looked up symptoms and I had a lot of them including one that recommended to see a doctor right away. 

I'm basically looking for natural remedies to help stomach ulcers.  I seem to be hyper-sensitive to any medication being given.  Omeprazole.  Zantac.  Zoloft.  Didn't even try Lorazepam.  Looked up the side effects and those are the worst out of all of them, wow!

Offline Kardean

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2014, 10:15:55 pm »
Believe it or not, I recently read something that says eating apples is a good natural remedy for stomach ulcers, and as they say... An Apple Day Will Keep The Doctor Away.   :)

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »
Believe it or not, I recently read something that says eating apples is a good natural remedy for stomach ulcers, and as they say... An Apple Day Will Keep The Doctor Away.   :)

Awesome!  I will look into that for sure! :)

What kind of conditions are you experiencing?  I seem to not be taking the prescriptions well.  It's crazy how bad these "medicines" can be.  And I heard people were dying just from the HIV Meds a long time ago.  I sure hope they have progressed since then or I might be in trouble in my circumstances :(

Offline Kardean

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2014, 11:10:47 am »

What kind of conditions are you experiencing?  I seem to not be taking the prescriptions well.  It's crazy how bad these "medicines" can be.  And I heard people were dying just from the HIV Meds a long time ago.  I sure hope they have progressed since then or I might be in trouble in my circumstances :(

Me..... weight & muscle loss thus weakness and strains.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2014, 12:54:03 pm »
Me..... weight & muscle loss thus weakness and strains.

I'm not on any meds yet but I seemed to have lost 10 pounds since January/February and also feel a little weak.  I'm on the younger side of middle age and I can accept that I can't work as hard as I use to but I didn't notice a gradual decline.  I didn't expect to be cutting the grass and then be winded, muscle weak, and sick by the time I was done. 

Offline Bizkits

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2014, 09:18:05 am »
Tryingtostay,

I haven't kept up with this thread totally, but I'm gathering you've been to the doc, are having some more problems, are on zoloft and experiencing GI effects? And in addition it is suspected you may have an ulcer?

I do have a lot of experience in this area if I may chime in for a second: Zoloft first off is notorious for causing GI side effects such as nausea, constipation or diarrhea, bloating, abdominal discomfort, changes in appetite which can lead to weight loss or weight gain, etc...It can also cause weakness/dizzyness, headaches, drowsiness...It can be a nasty little drug. It works for a lot of people but for some it just causes more problems. It's also a clinically known fact that stress causes GI problems.

It's hard to say if you have an ulcer or not just from what you're saying...I would ask you a few screening questions but they are rather personal and deal with all things your digestive tract is capable of so I will spare those off the public forum. Can you get a referral to see a gastroenterologist?

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2014, 08:02:25 pm »

What are you going on about?  Are you a bit obsessive compulsive about medicine and supplements?
HIV medicine is fine and has been for years.  There is no need for hope. And hasn't your doctor told you these basic facts and haven't you read them, anyway.  Do you selectively remember everything bad on warning labels, or from 20 years ago, and ignore the good? 

Doesn't look like you are going to need HIV treatment for sometime. Why don't you use this time to try to figure out if really you are physically super intolerant and sensitive to medicine, or if this is a psychosomatic issue.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2014, 05:20:10 am »
Warning, bummer post:

I have lost 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks.  I've been consistently weighing myself with the same amount of clothing on in the morning before breakfast.  I also have early signs of dementia.  I am extremely forgetful even with the simplest of things.  I reach for one thing thinking I'm turning down the thermostat and I find my hand on the wall by the light switch without even knowing it.  I can't even remember where I put things in my own house.  For example I have to stop and think where I put most everything.  This has happened all within the past 2 months ... I can't even concentrate for a full sentence much anymore.  It takes me time to write these things out that I am telling you right now. Even simple sentences like this one.  Conceptual things are getting hard to put into words.  The peripheral neuropathy has sort of went away.  I get bad hunger pains frequently.  Still not on meds.

I've been reading a lot in the Research and News section and it helps give me hope, and hang on till there is a functional cure of some type.  The top 3 I've been watching are Calimmune, Zinc Fingers, and Bionor PHarma's "Kick, Kill & Boost" strategy  I've read read and re-read those posts trying to catch something I might have missed.  Are these all going well?

Offline zach

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2014, 11:07:04 am »
you've already self diagnosed a couple cancers and dementia so far. come on man. your problems are not hiv/aids related. not yet at least. talk openly with your doctor about your irrational fears.

you rant and rage about the side effects of meds, you're not on meds.

chill out with all the hippy fruits and berries. has a doctor told you of a vitamin deficiency or something?

your fears and anxieties about your health and meds are becoming unhealthy. bordering on OCD hypochondria

hiv is bad enough, all by itself. stop scaring yourself this way.

Offline absopozilutely

• Love to chat/text/talk/encourage!
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2014, 11:32:01 am »
I can relate to how much you're self diagnosing and etc. Look, we're poz, that's not changing, you have numbers that people would kill for, you are healthy, anxiety and stress can cause all of the things you've talked about. Listen to Jeff and Zach and people on here, if there was something hiv related that was causing this you'd be In a hospital bed, and with numbers like yours, you having nothing hiv related to worry about right now. Really best advice is to take a deep breath, and probably take a bath relax your body. Once you accept that you have this, but that it's not going to kill you you'll start doing much better. Just weeks ago if I remember Zach was knocking on deaths door, I read posts about him daily, and look he's recovered and doing better. Like Rae-Lewis Thornton says, you must choose to live or choose to let the hiv live, once you've made that decision others will fall into place.

-Abso
12/18 Infected
2/4 12:22pm tested POZ via ORAquick
2/19 WB Confirmation
2/4-2/19 VL 104,678 CD4 407
3/2 Genotype back, and Started Complera
4/2-CD4 688 38% and VL 1,600
5/1-CD4 592 42% and VL 336
5/22-CD4 732 31% and VL 109 :( STILL NOT UD!
5/31 Switched to Stribild :( I'll miss you Complera!
6/19 CD4 508 35% and VL UD!!!!! Crying at work like a baby.
9/19 CD4 799 46% VL UD yayyyy
5/1/19 CD4 1100 VL still UD.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2014, 01:12:10 pm »
I'm so glad Zach is doing better! :)  I think I posted on his thread, I can't remember if I did.. but I remember reading it - scary all around I pray he keeps getting better! :)

I hate to go against the grain and keep saying that I'm sure of how my body feels but I 100% am completely aware of slight abnormalities.  Not trying to argue, just saying.  And I know this isn't the place to spill out all ones worries etc because we all need to be lifted spiritually, it is paramount, I just feel I need to do so to possibly get any feedback that may be beneficial.  The dizzyness accompanies the bad memory problems I've been having.  It seems to come and go but is more often around.  I remember before I learned all of this I was sitting upright in bed one day and I tried to move but I couldn't.  I sat there and couldn't bring myself to snap out of it.  That feeling comes around more often these days and it scares me because I normally never felt this before my infection time. 

In order for me to accept it I would have to disclose to everyone.  This means a lot of walls and barries I might face, and that is exponentially incomprehensible.  I mean one doesn't really accpet it if they keep it to themseles and avoid situations where it is important to share like with family members, a relationship, or sex. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:16:41 pm by tryingtostay »

Offline mecch

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2014, 01:30:54 pm »
And I know this isn't the place to spill out all ones worries etc because we all need to be lifted spiritually, it is paramount, I just feel I need to do so to possibly get any feedback that may be beneficial.   
On the contrary, this IS the place to spill out ones worries...  Especially you if nobody around you knows you are HIV+...  Everyone here has HIV and together there is a lot of experience and knowledge. So you are supposed to talk about your concerns.  But people here may try to inform you of information and other perspectives. Especially if the anxiety seems free-floating, not based on something really tangible.

If you think you have cognitive decline, you go to the doctor, announce it, and get examined and tested. 

As an aside, you are putting the cart before the horse - obsessing about "working cures".  Hello!  Time to start getting a more down to earth ordinary day to day feeling about being HIV+.   If you need HIV treatment you will start treatment... Repeat: Treatment is just fine these days.

If you need drugs for attention, they exist as well. 

Do you work? Wondering if perhaps you have too much time on hand for meandering.  Maybe you need to apply your brain and time to something that returns positive rewards, intellectually, socially, financially, physically.... etc.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2014, 02:39:29 pm »
I agree with the advice you have been offered today . I was about to post that this is  exactly the place to come and vent your frustrations but as I read on down I will leave it with Mecch's post ... it was spot on .

Please listen to the collective wisdom of this forum and consider that HIV is not the cause of all your problems and go see a doctor and find out why you are sick . I can tell you for certain if you do not deal with the anxiety and fear of living with HIV you are in for a rough time of it and wont fare well . I wish I had known to take my own advice early on in my infection and learned coping skills because it would have saved me many years of grief and damage that I did to myself .

I'm not special so if I can live with HIV for 30 + years you can too .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2014, 06:10:13 pm »
sometimes when i'm wallowing deep in anxieties and depressions... i drink too much, and/or eat to many pills (flavor of day, and lets be real, its and, always and, never or, usually more) then i post high!! long rambling barely legible rants, sometimes not even sure one hand is on the keyboard. one post a couple years ago i found recently looks like i passed out, forehead on the B, N, and spacebar... lots of b's in that post. i still bang away though. and usually it best represents how i'm feeling.

and no one. ever. not once. has told me "thats not what this place is for". i figure we're all allowed. sometimes i even put a disclaimer at the top of my posts.

don't misunderstand my previous post. you come here and write what you have to keep the demons at bay. you/we/all of us do that anytime you need/want, nothing anyone says different. especially me! hell, i'm just some dude with aids. still tweak out some days when i remember "shit, this aids"

just that sometimes we're gonna say, hey thats just demons, gremlins, and substances talking. thats ok, talk it out

just cause i made it home from a hospital room with a view, that doesn't mean shit. i'm no sage old wise man. i'm just some dude

what you see here, is me just starting to get this egg put back together.

so don't ever really listen too closely to me, tune me out as background noise. thats my message to everyone. just tune me out if i sound out of line. all the mods, if i get out of line, just shut me down. i never take it personal at all. usually i wake up in a day or so wondering what the fuck i said or did, then spend the next week taking inventory of the harm i caused.

ps... and jeff... you're special buddy, very special... i mean, alabama, come on  ;D

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2014, 04:21:37 pm »
It's cool Zach!  And honestly I didn't see you post until after I posted my above post.  Maybe you time-wapred and inserted your post, haha.  Lets time warp back to before we were both positive and slap ourselves straight!  lol Hell lets do that for every member on board here!!!

I honestly don't know how to address everyone here who has been along for the ride.  A thanks is in order so far, much appreciated and Thank you all. 

I also want to apologize if my story has developed into an unbelievable one and put the perspective of your own troubles in comparison with mine.  I did not intend it this way.  This started out feeling like a sanctuary.  My emotions with my new found fight endlessly put the big microscope on my physical health but for good reason as I am not feeling the same as I did over a year ago.  But my point is that it blinds my dignity and my sense of boundaries as an interactive person here. 

gtg

Offline absopozilutely

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2014, 12:39:27 am »
Lol by slap yourselves straight I hope you're not inferring all people infected or that are a part of this forum are gay. While gay people make up a larger number of positive people they're not all gay. Yes, I'm gay, but have met people on here straight, so I'll assume you mean straight as in using condoms and making better choices.

With love,
Abso
12/18 Infected
2/19 WB Confirmation

Offline mecch

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2014, 06:27:27 am »
  But my point is that it blinds my dignity and my sense of boundaries as an interactive person here. 

What blinds your dignity? Clarify if you care to.
Not sure I understand the second part of the sentence either.  Are you getting what you want or need here in the forum?

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:32 am »
Lol by slap yourselves straight I hope you're not inferring all people infected or that are a part of this forum are gay. While gay people make up a larger number of positive people they're not all gay. Yes, I'm gay, but have met people on here straight, so I'll assume you mean straight as in using condoms and making better choices.

With love,
Abso

Bingo ;)  I just couldn't think of a better phrase to get my point across so I used that, meant no harm in it.  "Slap some sense" seemed to harsh, and "Slap ourselves right" just didn't seem to flow in the sentence.  I was not referring to sexual orientation.

What I meant was that my increased worries of my physical health seem to come across in conversation as a one sided non-filtered canvas of worry.  My lab results were good.  87vl and cd4 1730 - I'm not opening that up for further discussion my point is that I am aware that things should be ok and that I continue posting my health concerns. 

My dizziness is coming back right now and I am getting cloudy, got to go, ttyl

Offline zach

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2014, 08:50:46 am »
granny slapped me silly once

Offline mecch

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2014, 08:34:06 pm »
Have you ever had consultations with a mental health therapist?
Seems to me you should be able to get clarification for the ways you don't feel well - but it will be combination of you GP and a mental health therapist.
You should feel free to express whatever you are feeling, here in the forum. Nobody is saying you should feel one way or another. My own contribution is that you need some attention to your mental health - for anxiety of course and possibly for ocd type thinking.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2014, 10:10:58 pm »
How is stomach and gut inflammation treated???  I constantly have a swelling in my gut and right side.  Do the meds stop this inflammation?  I think this is what's putting pressure in the middle of my abdomen and I think it's part of the reason why people have cardiovascular problems.  Sometimes I find I have a hard time breathing.  I am consistently waking up and having a weird type of reaction that resembles hypertension.

mecch.  The only ocd I have comes from the symptoms I am feeling.  I am 100% not my self from a year ago.

Offline pittman

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2014, 12:28:51 am »
How is stomach and gut inflammation treated???  I constantly have a swelling in my gut and right side.  Do the meds stop this inflammation?  I think this is what's putting pressure in the middle of my abdomen and I think it's part of the reason why people have cardiovascular problems.  Sometimes I find I have a hard time breathing.  I am consistently waking up and having a weird type of reaction that resembles hypertension.

mecch.  The only ocd I have comes from the symptoms I am feeling.  I am 100% not my self from a year ago.

Stomach and gut inflammation can be caused by multiple things.  Unless you know what the actual cause is, it would be hard to call out the best treatment. Bring it up with your doctor.

Dietary changes can help, especially one that limits simple carbs and sugars.  But see if your doctor can suggest/help determine any other causes as well.

Offline mecch

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2014, 01:04:03 am »
Have you ever had consultations with a mental health therapist?

Of course you don't have to answer. But I will point out that you avoided answering this question specifically. And that you are firm in you self diagnosis of your mental state.  And that part of your mental state, includes ruminative thoughts about your physical health.

Offline absopozilutely

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2014, 02:12:56 am »
Trying- you may consider talking to your doctor about GAD, or General Anxiety Disorder. You can use antidepressants to help or an anti anxiolytic like buspar, it will help you calm yourself about these med concerns. I think few of us are doctors, and were here for you, but like my friend tells me, quit overwhelming yourself. Accept that you're healthy. Out of anyone posting trust me MECCH is very honest and tells it like it is, if he thought something was wrong he'd say it, so would anyone here although we can only give so much advice, honestly it's not going to be hiv or anything else that's going to kill you, it's going to be self induced stress. Take it easy on you, stress weakens the immune system, remember that too.

Always,
Abso
12/18 Infected
2/19 WB Confirmation

Offline mecch

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2014, 04:23:46 am »
Yeah I'm not an MD, not a therapist, and not that knowledgeable about all specifics about HIV treatment.
Tryingtosay, I was reacting two times in this thread to a feeling I get reading your posts. Others have noticed as well.
i had periods in my life when I suffered from anxiety disorder and also ruminative thoughts so just throwing that out there - maybe you should pursue some professional consultations about this.  "Feeling not right" is certainly real but the way to figure out what is going on is probably a doc and a therapist sorting through the possibilities..

I have physical manifestations of anxiety, sometimes. In the gut. Or hives. So anxiety can cause discomfort but the final answer is treating the anxiety not the physical manifestation...  Just might be one of the things that is going on with you.

Also note i said "OCD type thoughts" because its not to me to judge who is OCD or not its for a professional.  And people can have time periods, or areas of life, prone to obsessive or rolling thoughts, and there are ways out of the cycle.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2014, 09:11:05 pm »
I appreciate it guys.  I really do but I don't think my dizzy spells are related to anxiety.  If I am wrong could you enlighten me?  It's not a closed discussion I just don't think It's anxiety.  I started feeling this dizziness 7 months before I knew my status.  I've told my doctor about it but he seemed to shrug it off.  Of course because being dizzy could be from alot of things but this is the main thing I want to go away.  It's borderline debilitating.  I forget things constantly.  I've misplaced 3 in the past 48hrs.  I thought someone stole 2.  On bad occasions I cannot think and I lose control of my self where I can't move.  It comes around about an hour after I wake up and is steadily there all day long.  If it's from depression or anxiety I've never heard of such a thing.   ??? 

I am going to a GI doctor soon.  Waiting for a call to set up an appointment.  I am already on Omeprazole (prilosac) for my stomach.  I wasn't on it for the past 2-3 weeks.

I got my CD4 count back from my second test and I'm waiting for my VL to come next. 

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »
Constant heart palpitations and shortness of breathe the past 3 days.  Great :(

Offline mecch

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 11:23:02 pm »
I appreciate it guys.  I really do but I don't think my dizzy spells are related to anxiety.  If I am wrong could you enlighten me?  It's not a closed discussion I just don't think It's anxiety.  I started feeling this dizziness 7 months before I knew my status.  I've told my doctor about it but he seemed to shrug it off.  Of course because being dizzy could be from alot of things but this is the main thing I want to go away.  It's borderline debilitating.  I forget things constantly.  I've misplaced 3 in the past 48hrs.  I thought someone stole 2.  On bad occasions I cannot think and I lose control of my self where I can't move.  It comes around about an hour after I wake up and is steadily there all day long.  If it's from depression or anxiety I've never heard of such a thing.   ??? 

Are you an expert on psychology and somatic symptoms? 

All the symptoms are really concerning and disagreeable, agreed.  I am repeating my question a third time - have you seen a psychologist, therapist or psychiatrist to get some expert opinion on these symptoms?

Maybe I've missed your answer, if so, I'm sorry.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.