Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:27:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 531
Total: 532

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The new sticking vegetables and dildos up ya arse thread  (Read 44733 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: The new sticking vegetables and dildos up ya arse thread
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2010, 12:41:38 pm »
Red neck my ass.  Isn't that Kate Millet? Oxford graduate, Columbia PhD, proto-dyke butch granola hippy mega feminist, who haunted my childhood dreams after startling in the flesh sightings in post hippy hot spots around the Hudson Valley, circa 1976.

No it's really what Miss P actually looks like  ;D  I'd tap that  :-*
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:45:27 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2010, 02:47:16 pm »
After reading Assurban and Tim's posts, I do agree. I realize that people should be treated with a level of respect and dignity, and that these forums were intended for people living with HIV - the AM I INFECTED forum exists solely as a courtesy for those with queries.

I also understand that I will NEVER know the depths of crazy a person can sink into when a child of theirs is concerned. I am not a parent. Not of humans, anyhow... and I know the depths of crazy which I have explored when one of my pets grows ill or dies.

I think it is imperative that, at the very least, each of us understands the virus that runs through our body. Understands how it got there, how it gets to other people, what it does. I am often aggravated when people do not do this, and I have become a little thin-skinned when it comes to offerin support to those who have not achieved that measure.

It is not nice of me, it is not charitable, and it is neither kind nor supportive.

I also agree with the assessment of the sticky thread. Rarely do people read them. AM I is proof of that. I just often search the universe for a way to make information not only available, but mandatory. Such a thing is not possible, I think.

I will try to temper myself in the support forums, and exercise the patience that has, on many occasions, been shown to me when I have had a lapse.

I've reread my post and want to apologize for the tone.  Because I've had trouble reconciling my own emotional reactions to my intellectual understanding, I could really identify with dingowarrior.  (As Tim pointed out, when children are involved, there's an added emotional dimension.)  That made me a bit abrupt in my post to you and I'm sorry.

I do think we should continue a discussion about how to support people becoming informed and internalizing  that information -- but maybe with a "reset" on the name and the emotions around it.  I started a thread in Living With on the topic.
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2010, 12:23:45 am »
Red neck my ass.  Isn't that Kate Millet? Oxford graduate, Columbia PhD, proto-dyke butch granola hippy mega feminist, who haunted my childhood dreams after startling in the flesh sightings in post hippy hot spots around the Hudson Valley, circa 1976.

MISOGYNIST!!!

Hey everyone else is throwing it around, I just wanted to get in on the action.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2010, 12:53:56 am »
I've reread my post and want to apologize for the tone.  Because I've had trouble reconciling my own emotional reactions to my intellectual understanding, I could really identify with dingowarrior.  (As Tim pointed out, when children are involved, there's an added emotional dimension.)  That made me a bit abrupt in my post to you and I'm sorry.

I do think we should continue a discussion about how to support people becoming informed and internalizing  that information -- but maybe with a "reset" on the name and the emotions around it.  I started a thread in Living With on the topic.

Of course forgiven. I myself have been more cranky than usual as of late. Been going through some awesomely wretched stuff as of late, and it's really affecting me more than I care to admit. We never know the person behind the keyboard, or what his/her story is except what we are told.  I don't share much on here, because I am not here all the time.

I hope you got some good ideas from the thread that you started.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2010, 01:16:25 am »
MISOGYNIST!!!

Hey everyone else is throwing it around, I just wanted to get in on the action.

Hellraiser, do you ever THINK before you blurt stuff out? You must be really fun in tricky social situations.

Yes, other people have been name calling lately. One got a seven day time out and the other two got warnings.

Now I'm warning you. We don't allow name calling here. And don't come back to say you were only trying to be funny. You're not funny.

Consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2010, 04:57:32 am »
Oops i forgot the emoticon and tricked Hellraiser into that!  Sorry!  I loved Kate Millet as a kid, AND she had all those kinda scarey (to my little brain at the time) traits / stereotypes I labeled her with.  Sorry to you Hell and sorry to all the superstar feminists.  ;D
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.