Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:24:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 219
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LADIES THREAD #70:...AND THAT'S THE TEMP TODAY! *SPRING*  (Read 44421 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
LADIES THREAD #70:...AND THAT'S THE TEMP TODAY! *SPRING*
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:36:36 am »
Happy Spring GFs!

Yes, Ice and I were married on Valentine's Day and everything was perfect!  I haven't been around bec the two blizzards really backed things up at work.

Let's see, 2 ft of snow on 2/5 and work was closed for 5 days.
Back to work for a day on 2/12 and then the wedding on 2/14.   ;D
A few days off with Ice and then back to work for 2 days - TAX SEASON
I JUST caught up with work yest and I can breathe.
Now I have to do MY taxes this weekend.

Cheech turned 16 on 2/2 and loved all of the snow we had!  We turned the AC on today for the first time because of all of the pollen.

Ice and I are prob going on a cruise in the fall for our honeymoon, still planning it now.

My renter is a doofus and Ice and I keep going back and forth about what we want to do with him.  I guess we'll let him stay, but once my home gets some value back, we'll sell it, in a few years.

Can't post many pics from the wedding bec of respecting the privacy of the others, but I'll see what I can do.

I've missed all of you!

~ MRS. Cindy  lol
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:44:33 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: LADIES THREAD #70:...AND THAT'S THE TEMP TODAY! *SPRING*
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:18:31 pm »
So good to hear from you Cin, er, I mean Mrs. Cin. :D  That's a great pic in your avatar.  You have my e-mail address, don't you?  If not, I could pm it to you, and you could e-mail me some pics of the wedding.  It just would save you from having to post them here, if you don't want to do that.  Congrats, and welcome back!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:26:03 am »
Hey ladies.
How is everyone. I see our room gas gotten kinda slow. Where is every one. We haven't hears from Viv n a while. I haven't seen mum either. I have been lurking. Just haven't had much energy yo do any thing.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 05:13:28 pm »
Hi Ladies!
Congrats on your marriage,  Mrs. Cin!

Hi BT- How are you?  How is work going?  Did you get the funding you needed? Thanks for your info, I still haven't found anything yet  :'(

HI Keeping!- Did you catch on your rest yet?

Netta- Sorry to hear that you were sick but glad you are feeling better.  Good to hear your move went well too.

Queen- How are things with you?  My oldest was in NYC this weekend with his Boy Scout troop.  They saw the Statue of Liberty and went to the Empire State Building, Central Park and the Museum of Natural History. I wish I could go one of these days, I have never been to NYC before, sounds like a lot of fun.

My court date went as well as it good have. He might leave me alone for good now. He got loud and obnoxious as usual, and kept saying to the judge that I snuck up to the jail and got pregnant, since that is pretty much the only thing he has on me that I have done wrong.  He neglected to mention that he used to threaten to have me or my mother hurt  and tell my job and my friends about my HIV,  and slipped off the condom so that I would get pregnant, if I didn't go.  She ignored him anyway.  The best part was that his ex-wife was there to support me and he told the judge that because she got a permanent restraining order on him after he had already completed anger management classes for my cases, the two had nothing to do with each other. I think then, things really clicked for the judge and she told him they were very relevant and she dismissed the whole case. FINALLY! I kinda feel like a weight has been lifted but part of me feels like he is so stubborn and stupid, he might bring me back to court again.  If he does, we have to start back at the beginning. Other than that, haven't been up to much, the kids and I all got strep.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline netta

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 05:38:56 pm »
OMG  :o Hi Gf's Spring must really be in the air, cause the bees are buzzin here! lol
all you have come out of hybernation! lol
Moon so good to hear from you,! congrats on the wedding! I will pm you also my email to see some pics.
Snow- Poor baby you and the kids sick? well take good care and good to hear from you .
Keeping- Good to hear from you girl, we miss you.

Yesterday we had our anual Cherry Blossom parade here in macon,ga. My granddaughters were in the parade with their strutters group I will have to post a pic when this site fixes the add pic tab.
Other than that I am great.
So happy to hear from everyone , now if minmoms checks in , I'll faint! lol ::)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:40:42 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »
Latrice, good to hear from you!

Snow, you just keep looking, something will come up.  Remember how long it took me?  Also, good news about the court date!  I hope this is it, and he gets out of your hair, for good.

Netta, yeah, spring is here.  I've seen a couple Robins, which is a sure sign of spring.  Of course, here we can still get snow into May.  It's nice today, though.  51F right now.

Nothing exciting going on with me.  Just working.  The church where I work is going to try to raise a lot of money, to avoid closing.  Everyone who prays, please say a prayer for us, that we stay open. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline netta

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »
Will be praying Betty!
I invited a friend to this site, hope she joins in.
Scared Lady is a hard time ,keep her in prayer, i talk to her on phone.
Queen where are you baby girl?????

Offline missy

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 08:31:47 pm »
Congratulations Cindy, I am really happy for you. Good to hear from you. All is well here, still with my guy things are going well. Just really busy at work that's why I haven't checked in.

Betty I will keep you in my prayers.
 Yeah it's spring at last.
Mary

tendai

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 03:43:09 am »
cindy congrats!!!!!

snow - im so glad for you that episode is now over!! u and the kids get well soon hey....

betty - praying for you too.  God will make a way...

netta - im glad u're feeling better now..

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Sheesh Mrs. Cindy....It's about damn time you chimed in lady...But I understand you being busy...And that avatar pic, you're beaming so much I need to put on my  8)...You know I am happy for you chica.

I am doing ok, just getting a bit frustrated because nothing has panned out with housing yet and I have been in this shelter for 2 months now. I have one month left and possibly an extra month if they give me an extension. I have still been in touch with my Hasa worker but it seems nothing else is jumping off there either. My housing apps went to 10 Hasa vendors and I haven't heard anything back yet. Not sure what my options are, I just refuse to go to another shelter especially like the nasty one I came from. I have something going on in the backburner, that should be panning out in a few weeks....Snow, you're going to have to text me ur mailing info so I can send that back to you.

The weather has been typical spring....hot then rain then cool weather. I think my allergies are kicking in because I have been coughing uncontrollably at times. Still has stopped smoking though I still partake of the good green, I have cut back on that as well too. I did go to see the neurologist but still has to schedule the MRI appointment.

Not much else going on...lMuch love to you all..... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 07:32:38 am »
Tendai, it sure is good to hear from you.  Visit us more often!

Queen, I hope that apartment comes through for you.  I'm thinking about you alot, and I wonder how you're making it.  Keep going, I know something good's going to happen, it has to.

Yeah, typical spring here also.  Last week it was sunny and in the 60's, this morning it's only 21F, with highs only supposed to be in the 40's.  It was raining yesterday, but today it's supposed to be a bit sunnier.  Nothing much going on right now........

Offline netta

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 11:59:01 am »
Hi GF's ! Hope all are well, I  just lost my post, darm. Its good to here from you Tendai, and Missy.
I started my dredlocks last week, they are real short now, I will wear a wig in the mean time.
Spring is here,one day, winter the next! 70 one day 45 the next! go figure?
Lucy is driving me crazy in the house, but when I let her outside she gets into everything and eats leaves and cones that fall from the tree. The back yard is fenced in but she still manages to squeeze her body out! lol.Good to here from you Queen, much luck to you!

Have a great weekend !
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:02:08 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 04:21:52 pm »
Just checking in....Damn, it's like a ghost town through here...*lol*...Netta, you doing the dreads again huh...I thought about getting them. All these microbraids is a pain to take down. I hope all is well with you.

I hope everyone else is doing good.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 04:32:24 pm »
Queen, you are so right, it's like a ghost town here, where is everyone, this  is depressing  ! I miss everyone! :(

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 04:53:16 pm »
Netta, good luck with the dreads.  And what I've learned from having dogs in the past, is that they can probably squeeze through anywhere they want to get through.  Good luck with Lucy!

Queen, always good to hear from you.  I hope things are going at least alright?

I've been busy because, the church I work at, it's their 'holy week,' and there's tons of work to do.  I've been pretty tired lately also, not sure why.  Just need to sleep I guess.  I hope you all are doing alright.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 04:51:35 pm »
Well, I'll chime and hopefully someone is still lurking around. You know as the weather changes and it gets warmer so do our routines. We get out more, take on new things. So, I understand you being busy, Betty. I still did not take out my braids yet. It's a chore and I am dreading it but will do next week after I go look at an apartment.

My son is due to get out next month. I am so happy, I haven't seen my baby in 2 years. I plan on going back home once he gets out to visit him. So, you see why it is imperative I find a place. And the shelter is not going to hold my room. I am excited to see him and will be taking a lot of pictures.

Betty, you can say I am alright. Sometimes I feel alright and sometimes I don't. I got a little depressed yesterday. Still waiting on what we discussed. Otherwise, I am alright.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 09:01:16 pm »
Queen,so happy for you and your son, I can't believe its been 2 years? I pray that he has matured and gets in no more trouble. How are you holding up? remeber whatever you decide we are behind you! what about the apartment you  went to see?

Betty- you make sure you get plenty of rest, working so hard. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and Easter, I will check in tomorrow.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 05:59:04 am »
Queen, that's great news about your son!  I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed about the apartment.  I'm so hoping something happens for you, fast. 

Netta, I'm trying to get some rest.  I woke up today at my usual wake up time during the work week, then went back to sleep for an hour.  That's all my cat would let me sleep in. ::)

It's supposed to be 80f degrees today.  Yesterday it reached 81.  Then, the temp is supposed to tank.  Well, not like winter temps, but 50's.  We get Monday off work, and I'm so glad.

Other than that, there are other things going on, that I'll talk about sometime.  Have a good one all!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 11:53:56 pm »
It's a chore and I am dreading it but will do next week

So perhaps the name dreadlocks came from the effort?  ;) 
It's probably a different derivation, but it just struck me when I read this.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 12:36:04 pm »
Hey Ladies----

Not much going on with me. I am just enjoying the weather. It's a little cool today, it's in the 60's. I did go out yesterday. I bought a tv and a dvd player yesterday. I really didn't have a choice. There had been some issues going on with the tv room. I guess it had got so bad that they shut down the tv room. And it is no fun looking at the walls. And after paying my phone bill, I am almost tapped out. Good things are in the horizon for me. Housing is still moving slow. I am suppose to be going to see some places on Monday, I think. Stay tuned on that one. I have come up with a plan B though.

I am also hoping my son has learned his lesson. But I am also concerned because from what I am being told from my sister and bff, things are getting bad back home. Lots of bank robberies and shooting. Lots of drugs still around. He's suppose to go to a halfway house when he first gets out. I can picture him getting frustrated by not being able to find a job. I can only hope for the best. We are close so I will try to beat some sense into his head. He doesn't have any kids, thank the goddess. But has mentioned in the past wanting one. He sees what his two cousins are going through with child support. Every year they get locked up. So, that kind of made sense to him.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 09:37:09 am »
Good Luck tomorrow, Queen!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter.  Have a nice day.
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 06:33:22 am »
Queen, I'll be thinking about you today.  Please let us know how it goes. 

Snow, good to hear from you.  Please visit us more often. ;)

I'm off today.  I guess it's because the pastor feels she needs time off after Easter.  Today, in my town, it's Dyngus Day.  It's a Polish thing, and a political thing.  The candidates who are up for re-election (I know one of them is our congressman) go to clubs in the area to visit with people.  And they have traditional Polish food everywhere.  It's not anything I've ever taken part in.

On another note, the inside of my lower left leg has been in a lot of pain lately.  It started last week.  I thought I might have banged it, and not remembered, but it's only getting worse.  So, I'm going to call my bone doctor today and make an appointment.  I wish I knew, without going to the doctor, what's wrong.  But, I need a new brace anyway, so I guess it'll be a good thing going, since the bone doc's the one who got me my brace in the first place.             I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 02:03:27 pm »
Howdy Folks----

Well today was a bust....It seems no one callled back when my housing workers made inquirires about those 3 apartments. I had even started looking online myself. I found a few. My worker called them in front of me, one sounded like a scam of some sort.Get this.....they accepted Hasa but only wanted someone who was on welfare, getting cash not anyone who collects social security...I was like WTF? My worker said something just wasn't right about that. The other one we called, the phone just rang. In this day and age, I thought everyone had voicemail or an answering machine. Needless to say I am feeling a little bummed about it all. I have one month left here at the shelter.

Betty, definitely see the doctor. I have to get my MRI done on the 13th. I still need to see a doctor but I have it on the backburner. I am trying to find a place first so I can find a doctor close to me. I am hoping things will be better. I have changed my diet. I gave up drinking sodas. I drink juice or vitamin water. I am making plans to start going to the gym, seriously this time...*lol* I did stop smoking but the stress of housing cause me to smoke again. I have a pack now but has decided when this one is done, I will quit again. Start taking my wellbutrin and be on my way. I was actually surprised that it helped me to quit.

The weather has been nice so I have been getting out. Wednesday it is suppose to be 83..I am loving it.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 02:12:10 pm »
Damm I lost my post!
Betty- you would be a good canidate for the story poz is doing on cronic pain, that Ann posted today.
I am sorry you are haivng so much pain and hope things get better soon. glad you have the day off!!!

Queen- hope things are going well

tomorrow I go sign my divorce papers!!! yeah! then they will serve him. Have not heard from him so I hope they find him. I don't know if he still has a job or living the same place, and don't really care. just want my divorce. my Lucy has been to the vet 2x this week!
1. allergie shots, tic removed, tape worm found,got meds for that and meds for heart worm/tic and flea prevention, had anal glands cleaned. and has sore throat, from barking so damm much,  taking antibiotics that i have to force her to take! this is worse than having a child!!!! lol
My easter was fine. I cooked a big dinner and went to church to see the grandkids easter program. I  spent a lot of money this past week , the check goes so fast!
But I am grateful to be alive and have peace of mind. All is well love everyone!

tendai

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 04:30:33 am »
hie ladies

hope everyone had a great Easter.

my easter was great. i went to see my parents and sisters, one of who had a baby girl.  so cute, if she could talk she would have said "enough with the kissing please!!!" we couldnt stop kissing and fighting over her when she was awake.  another of my sisters is also pregnant. so im the only one who doesnt have a baby in the whole family!!! i know my boyfriend wasnt us to have one but im kinda terrified/nervous. first of all we'd have to get married. i think thats the only way i can get sure enough of myself to actuallly try and get pregnant. think i'll go over the posts of all those who've had babies just to reassure myself. and get syringes or turkey basters hee hee

netta - i hope they find him soon ang serve his ass! im glad u've got pace of mind and all is well with you

queen - im happy for you, seeing your son again.  happy reunion!

betty - sorry about all the pain. i hope the doctor can do something about it..

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 05:32:30 am »
Queen, sorry about those apartments.  I know you say you have a month left there, but they can't kick you out into the street.  I'm still pullin' for ya, and always will be.  And good luck with the smoking.  It's been 5 days since I had a smoke.  I went on the Chantix again, but am only taking 1 pill a day instead of 2.  It makes me very aggitated.  I don't get the suicidal feelings some people get, but I think that's because of already being on an antidepressant.  Anyway, I have been thinking almost all the time about how nice a smoke would be.  I'm trying not to give in, but damn, it's hard.

Netta, congrats on signing the papers!  I hope they find your ex so he can sign as well. 

Tendai, it's always good to hear from you.  I love babies!

I have an appointment with my bone doctor Friday.  I'm going to try to talk him into a new brace while I'm there.  The one I have now I've had for 5 years, and it's getting worn.  If I don't wear it, the bones in my kneecap pop in and out of each other.                       

Yesterday, being that it was the day after Easter, all the Easter candy went on sale 1/2 off.  I got some for the grandkids, who are out of town at the moment.  So when they get back, Nana has some candy for them.  I also bought some for myself.                        I guess that's it for now.  Have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 12:26:00 pm »
Betty-- No, they can't kick me out into streets. Instead they will tansfer me to another shelter. The shelter they are talking about sending me to is worse than the one I came from. I am trying to quit smoking again but it is hard because I am stressed out about the housing. I was doing good when there was nothing going on, ya know? I still have some wellbutrin. I just can't start til something gives.

Netta-- I know you are relieved that it is all over. There is no need for you to worry about what he is doing, that chapter of your life is closed. Leave it that way and move on, girl. I hope things are getting better with your dog, Lucy. Once I find a place, I have considered getting a pet but then again not. I said Lucifer would be the last cat I get. If I got a dog it would have to be a small one. I think Yorkies are cute.

Tendai--always good to hear from you. I definitely understand where you are coming from regarding getting pregnant. That's a big decision, kids are expensive these days.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 05:31:52 am »
Queen, I totally agree that trying to quit smoking during very stressful times is not a good idea.  It's been a week since I quit, and I still think about it almost every moment of every day.  And this may sound strange, but when I think about things that "may" happen, it stresses me out more than it did when I was smoking.  I don't know if that makes sense.  And maybe it's because I had an outlet for the stress (smoking) and I need to find another outlet.  I take Welbutrin, have for quite awhile, but it didn't help me quit.  I was originally prescribed Welbutrin for quitting, but I just kept taking it for the antidepressant effect.  Chantix is definitely not for everyone, with its possible side effect of feeling suicidal, but I think since I'm already on an antidepressant, that's why that side effect didn't happen to me.  It does make me pretty aggitated, though, so I take 1/2 of what's prescribed. 

I don't like the fact that they're going to transfer you to another shelter if you can't find other housing.  I don't know why they won't let you stay where you're at.  Doesn't make sense.  I hope things start happening, I really do.  Stay strong, and know I'm thinking about you, and hoping.

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 02:19:50 pm »
Hello my lovelies!!!  just popping into say hey and that all is well.. i need to read and get updated...but no time now..
Love you guys..TTYL!
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 05:15:35 pm »
When I got back to the shelter last night there was a note waiting for me. It was info to go see an apartment today. I went, it was an hour on the train. I liked the place. So, I had to go to the realty office, another 30 minutes on the train. By the time I get there, the place is packed full of homeless women. After awhile they left, I guess they got tired of waiting.

When I did meet with someone, he couldn't believe that Hasa is only willing to pay 962. The apartment is 1050. 88 freaing bucks, he said he was going to talk to the landlord and my worker. I am hoping I will get it but at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up.

I am gonna quit smoking again today. I smoked my last cig. I noticed that my throat has been hurting since I started again. Plus I noticed I have a hard time breathing when I do. Back on the Wellbutrin in the morning.....

Looking forward to Friday..... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Survivor25

• Survivor since '85
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 01:06:55 am »
Hello Queen, 

I'm new to this site and I just wanted to let you know that HOPE is the best thing you have...  I am hoping I will get it but at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up. :)

Many things that are attained in life cost something (sometimes it's money, other times it's patience and sometimes faith will help us out)  I read a little of what you posted and wanted to encourage you to keep that faith going.  Nothing in life just happens.  Many times there are blessings (opportunities) waiting for us to take hold of them and fear causes us to let go...  Hold on and watch the blessings come to you.  Have a great day  & be blessed (empowered to prosper)   I think you're on the right track...ttys

CC
Psalm 18:16-18 (New Century Version)

The Lord reached down from above and took me; he pulled me from the deep water.  He saved me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me, because they were too strong for me.  They attacked me at my time of trouble, but the Lord supported me.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 01:02:36 pm »
Jamie, it sure is good to hear from you.

Queen, I hope things get worked out so you can get the apartment.  It sure is expensive, but that is New York.  Keep your chin up! 

I went to the doctor today because of the pain I've been having in my left lower leg, and she said I have tibial facitis (or fascitis, don't remember how to spell it).  I looked it up when I got home, and apparently my connective tissue in my tibia is inflammed.  I don't know that I trust what she diagnosed it as, we'll see.  She prescribed a steroid to take, but I'm not going to take it.  I was told it would make my blood sugar crazy high for a bit, and I don't want to deal with that, plus all the emotional crap it could cause.  I'll just increase my Motrin a bit, and see if that helps.  The doc said to follow up with my doc in a few days, so I'll call his office Monday (they're closed now for the weekend).  I'm going to look into going to a new orthopaedist.  The one I was seeing seemed very phobic because of the HIV, and I really don't need that.  The pharmacy tech where I get my scripts was telling me about hers, just raving about him.  So, I'm going to call his office as soon as they're back from lunch. 

I also have to go to the cop shop to get a background report for section 8.  This is something new-they want to know if 1) a person's a lifetime registered sex offender; 2) ever got convicted of a felony; 3) if someone's been convicted of anything other than a traffic violation, which is yes.  And they want a police report.  I hate to do this, and I don't think it's any of their business.  When I was strung out, I got convicted 3 x of a theft charge.  The last one I believe was about 7 years ago.  So, I hope that doesn't cause me any damage.  I also have to get something from social security with proof of the amount of money I get every month.  I also have to get a letter to have my doc fill out so I can get a handicap hangtag for my car.  I should have gotten one before probably, but I figured someone in a wheelchair was worse off.  Well, now that it's pretty painful to walk, I want to park closer to buildings.  I also need to get registered for school in the fall.  If I'm still accepted into the program I was going to get into last fall.  I don't know if I'm going to accomplish everything today.  It makes me tired just typing it.  I've already been to the Med Point, and shopping.  I could take a nap right now, but there's too much to do.                 I hope everyone is having a good day, and a great weekend.  So many people not posting anymore, I hope everyone's alright.

Offline missy

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 08:02:31 pm »
Hey GFs all is well here.  I have been so busy lately that I have not been on line. Things are going well with my boyfriend and work is crazy. We have been dating now for about 4 months.  He is such a great guy. Will keep you posted.

Queen I hope all goes well for you with the apt. It is your turn for a break and I will think of you and keep you in my prayers.

Betty I hope your pain gets better.

Missy

What happened to the warm weather?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 08:21:34 pm »
Today is a much better day than yesterday. I have received a blessing today that is for sure. I haven't heard anything back yet about the apartment. Betty, since I now live in Manhattan my worker is suppose to be from the manhattan office. I am still dealing with the worker from Brooklyn. Even the realtor said Hasa should be paying more than that. He deals with them all the time. I am still trying to keep my head up though.

Talked to my oldest sister earlier. My brother is back in the hospital. His dialysys shunt isn't working. I wasn't told anything. I guess that is my brother's response to my going off on him the last time. Hope it works out for him. Betty, I hope your pain gets better. Yeah, steroids will do a number on your sugars. They wanted to give me some for my ear when I was back home but they couldn't.

I am off to watch some Smackdown......lataz
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 06:54:55 am »
Good to hear from you, Missy, and glad all is well with the boyfriend.

Queen, I hope they get that HASA stuff straightened out.  I'm getting to the point where I don't trust any government agency, to do what they're supposed to do.  Do you know if they're going to switch the worker, since you're living in Manhattan?  I mean, that would only make sense.   Sorry to hear about your brother.  I've heard dialysis is no fun, but of course it is life-saving for some people.

Well, I went to the cop shop.  It cost $5 for them to run a background check.  I was thinking it would show up with all my charges, but no.  The lady called me to the counter, and it showed on the paper "2003-warrant."  She said not to worry, that it involved an old traffic accident.  When she first showed me the paper, my heart started pounding a bit.  I was thinking that when I was strung out I did something, and didn't remember, and was going to jail.  So, anyway, that went alright.  I hope the section 8 worker takes it.  I mean, she's going to have to figure the warrant thing was already taken care of, since I'm not in jail.  The section 8 appointment isn't until the first of May.  I also have to go to social security to get a paper that says how much a month I make.  I honestly don't remember getting an award letter for this year, since there was no cost of living adjustment.  I could be wrong, and might have lost it, though I've looked everywhere.  I'll go to the social security building some day after work, since i work 2 minutes from there. 

I'm also going to go on the state's motor vehicle website to see if the paper's on there that the doctor fills out to get a handicap hangtag.  I had one years ago, but let it expire.  I haven't gotten one, because I figured if a person with a wheelchair showed up, and there was no space, I would feel horrible.  But, with this recent "thing" going on with my leg, and my bad knees anyway, I'm going to go for it.  If I can't find it online, I'll just head to the BMV and get one.             Nothing else much going on.  I didn't take the Prednisone, because I don't want to deal with high blood sugars, and possible moodiness.  I just upped my Motrin.       You all have a good one.

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 03:57:58 pm »
hie ladies

Its been a while since I last posted, congrats to all those who got married and those who achieved their goals  its good to read your posts, I have got my internet connected and hope to catch up in other forums.  Things are just not so rosy for me but hey life has to go on. Hope you all have a good weekend
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline netta

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »
Hello GF"S WOwe folks are slowly comming out of the woodwork!!! lol. Well I have lost my 300.00 eyeglasses and have been sick about it. My car went into theshop for a tune up and now I have to get a timing belt before 100,00 miles, so far I'm at 80+  :'(. It is always something !!! y went toesterday  Lucy PetSmart and got her first haircut! She looks good. wish I could post a pic. as you can see my laptop has a mind of its own and typing what it wants lol.
Queen, I hope you get the apartment.
Betty- sorry your leg is blemsgiving you  oh well  you know what i mean to type. lol
I did wash my car this weekend and vacum/shampoo, because lucy pooped and peed! in the back seat.
Wow lucy is humping her stuff bear! LOL she doesn't get spaded till August, cause my vet is booked. this Does mean shs in heat!!!????????e i
Well everyone have a nice weekend
u Pollen count is very high, here and the weather beautiful !
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:47:46 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2010, 12:56:48 pm »
LMAO@Lucy humping the bear....Yep Spring is in the air...... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 04:12:54 pm »
Yep! Winnie the pooh bear! Well good news, I found my eyeglasses! Left them at PetSmart on register counter when picking up Lucy!
Hope all is well.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:51 pm »
Netta--It was just the visual I was getting from that. It made my day. Poor Pooh...lol..Glad you found your glasses.

Tomorrow I have to get my MRI done, that'll take up most of my afternoon I am sure. But it has to get done. I found out that my HASA worker is willing to approve an apartment if it is a little over a 1,000 bucks. The place I looked at was taken. I have a few more options. I think Theresa found another place for me to check out. But I have to confirm that first.

I still have to take my hair down. But I am going to do it Wednesday, it is overdue. No more microbraids for me. It's too much work taking them down. I'll get it braided some other way. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather, remember what it was like just a few months ago. ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 05:35:13 pm »
Oh Netta, hee hee, poor Lucy.  I know some female dogs have their periods when they're in heat.  When I lived in Alabama one of the times, my brother's female collie used to have periods when she'd be in heat, and my sister-in-law would have to get doggie pads for her.  I never knew about that until I lived there.  Glad you found your glasses, I would be going crazy without mine.

Queen, girl, maybe you'll be in your own place soon, yay!!!  That's going to be great.  Good luck with the MRI, and please keep us posted as to what it shows. 

My leg is hurting a bit less.  Still not taking the steroid.  I went on the state's BMV website and printed out the forms needed to get a handicap hangtag.  Now I have to remember to drop it by my doctor's.  Today I had to go to social security to get a printout of how much I make per month for the section 8 recertification.  I'm not looking forward to that appointment.   I just worry sometimes when things are going alright that something bad's going to happen.  I guess if I had more faith that wouldn't happen, but I always think that I know how things should go.  Anyway, nothing much else happening.  I have a shitload of work to do tomorrow, and I'm not sure how to do most of it.  It involves Access, and I don't know much about that program.  So, hopefully I won't end up in big trouble.  You all have a good one. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:54 am »
Betty-- Would you believe they cancelled my MRI appointment. They needed authorization for something and will reschedule when they get it. I still haven't heard anything about another apartment. Theresa is prolly looking for me again.

Not much else going on...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 12:24:06 pm »
I have been taking "zertex" for my sinus/allergies and it makes me sleepy,all day!
be glad when we can post pics again.
Betty- please don't worry about your recert at section 8 and all  the new info  they want such as the police and background check, they can't do anything to you because you are disabled! and your hiv status makes you a priority for housing!
Queen, seems like you're getting close to finding your apartment girl, hang in there!
all is well.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2010, 05:33:56 pm »
Ugh, you would think I would be closer to finding a place but it's just the opposite. I feel like I am being given the runaround by my HASA worker. First they said they would pay a certain amount, now they're saying something different. I got so frustrated that I broke down crying at an appointment with another different case manager. She was on the phone with HASA for over an hour and a half. Our appointments are only suppose to be for an hour.

Will type more later...I am still upset >:(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 05:37:37 am »
Queen, So they don't have their shit together at all.  That makes me angry for you!  I hope they decide what they want to pay, and stick to it.

Netta, they don't do priority housing here.  And this is section 8, not a program through the ASO here.  I'm not eligible for housing through the ASO because I used it already, and maxed out.  I hope nothing happens at the section 8 appointment, or after.  I just don't trust government agencies.

Nothing much happening.  I'm going to try to get a handicap hangtag today.  I got the form off the computer, and my doctor filled out his part.  Yesterday it was in the low 80's, today it's going to be in the 60's, tomorrow in the 50's, with it only being in the 30's at night.  Ah, spring.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2010, 10:29:34 am »
Betty--- It all got straightened out. My housing supervisor at the shelter explained it all to me. The program will still pay the majority of the rent. I have to pay 30 percent. And from what my supervisor told me, pretty soon anyone in a shelter with an income will have to start paying 30 percent of their checks to stay there. I have a week left at the shelter but the program that I mentioned, will pay for me to stay in a hotel until I find a place.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »
Wow Queen, I still wish they would find you a place; I mean, your own place.  I'm so thinking about you, and keeping you in my prayers.

I saw a bone doctor.  It's going to come down to a scooter vs. knee replacement.  I can tell you I'll probably end up picking the scooter.  He said I have avascular necrosis in both knees, worse in the left (where the blood dies out in the bone); 12-15 bone spurs in the left knee and tibia; severe osteoarthritis in my tibia; and my left knee has collapsed.  He said that's what causing the severe pain.  So, we'll see what happens.  Definitely not what I wanted to hear.  He said he could give me Cortisone shots for awhile, but that would only be temporary, and he didn't think they would work very well.  But, I may try that route.  I don't hear much good about knee replacements. :(

tendai

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 04:39:12 am »
betty, my boss says replacements can greatly improve the quality of your life....and u're young and can recover well from the operation. it'll be like having new legs..

Offline TabooPrincess

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 04:23:31 pm »
Hey girls, I've never joined in on any of these before...not sure what to say...well my baby boy is nearly 5 months old now - next week he's going to have his 3rd blood test, I'm petrified but also think it'll be negative.  He's doing great  ;D

It's hot here in england too so I'm enjoying my maternity leave - another few months before I have to go back to work yet!

Love to you all
09/ 2008 - Seroconversion
11/2008 - Tested pos, cd4 640 vl 25400
12/2008 - cd4 794 vl 27798, 35%
03/2009 - cd4 844 vl 68846, 35%
06/2009 - cd4 476 vl 49151, 33% (pregnancy confirmed)
08/2009 - cd4 464 vl 54662, 32%
Started meds for pregnancy (Kaletra, AZT, Viread)
09/2009 - cd4 841 vl 3213, 42%
10/2009 - cd4 860 vl 1088, 41%
11/2009 - cd4 771 vl 563, 38%
12/2009 - cd4 885 vl 151 42%
Discontinued meds after baby born
02/2010 - cd4 841 vl 63781, 38%
05/2010 - cd4 1080 vl 113000, 39%
08/2010 - cd4 770 vl 109242
12/2010 - cd4 642 vl 111000, 34%
06/2011 - cd4 450 vl 222000, 33%
11/2011 - cd4 419 vl 212000, 24%
03/2012 - cd4 280 vl 118000, 26% (repeated Cd4 at 360)
05/2012 -cd4 360 vl 99,190
10/2012 Atripla, cd4 690, vl 80
12/2012 Darunavir, norvir, truvada, Cd4 680, vl u/d
07/2013 cd4 750,ud

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 04:57:19 pm »
Hey Taboo, welcome to our little ladie's family.  Unfortunately, there hasn't been much action lately.  Good news about your baby!

Tendai, it turned out the severe pain I'm having in my lower right leg is from an injury.  I'm not saying the bone doc I saw is trying to steer me wrong-I'm sure he saw everything he said he did on the x-ray.  But, if the knee is really no worse than it was before the injury, then the knee replacement can wait. 

The thing is, I live by myself, and don't have anyone who can help with anything I'd need done (laundry, cooking, taking care of kitty).  Well, I have someone who would help take care of kitty, but I don't have enough underwear to last 6 weeks.  I have Prednisone to take for the inflammation resulting from the injury, so I'm going to start that this weekend.  Now, where is everyone??

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.