Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:43:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 451
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 414
Total: 416

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What gives you hope?  (Read 3702 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
What gives you hope?
« on: October 04, 2008, 10:00:49 am »
Flowers, seasons, moving clouds, skiing (oddly enough), science, love, kindness, the dalai lama, morning coffee, champagne toasts, and feeling better than before.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:07:15 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: What gives you hope?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:07:11 pm »
Nature gives me hope. Being in the woods, at the beach or looking at the stars reminds me how insignificant any of the problems of mankind are. Time and space are vast and we are tiny little blips in the scheme of things. I find it comforting that no matter how badly we screw up the universe takes care of itself.

Offline gee080

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 05:11:31 pm »
hello

My name is Gideon lawal I need help.. am Dieing here am from Nigeria.. but am not into scam am for real.. the drug over here is a killer.. but we trying to live with it.... am looking for a Hiv survival.. can help me and be my good friend in this situation.. bcos am looking for someone to help me cope with the side effect.. i lost my brother to this shit virus early this year.. i dnt want to die and am still 23 and am hoping to ave kid before... pls if there anyone out there willing to help me to keep me alive am going to be happy.. here is my contact(gideon080seyi@yahoo.com)234-80-391-69565.

Hope am going to get someone mail me as my God sent
Regards
Lawal

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 07:56:46 pm »
Laughter gives me hope.  That and a double J&B rocks w/ a water back  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline mecch

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 08:10:03 pm »
Hello Lawal,

Members of AIDSMEDS/POZ are waiting to help you. 
They have read your message on this post:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=23459.0

Try to get the information about what drugs you take. What is the name on bottles of the drugs?

Also try to get the information from your doctors about your blood.

Take this information and bring it to your original message:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=23459.0

People here care about you and we wish you the best.  You will need to keep your messages to one place so everyone can know where to look to help you.

All the best wishes and hopes to you,

Mecch
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 01:23:50 am »
It's not exactly hope, but I do derive the strength to continue onward from the responsibility of caring for my cocker spaniels.

Many years ago my first partner and I owned a pet store and started breeding a line of cockers. About 9 months before he passed away (from AIDS in 94), we had an offer to get one of the grandkids in the line from our first spaniel. Though we already had 5 spaniels in the house, how was I to deny a dying man his last wish of a puppy? I purchased that happiness for my partner's last days with the responsibility of caring for 6 dogs alone after he passed away.

But it's loving and having to care for those dogs that has kept me going through some of my sickest times. Who else was going to feed them, let them out, or throw the toys? It takes so little to make a dog happy, and they give so much back. I would never trade the responsiblity of having (or eventually losing) these dogs, because of the love and laughter that they bring into my life everyday. I lost those first 6 (the first pack) over the years; but I got 4 of the great-grandkids to form the "second pack" (smaller pack is easier to care for by one person). Now, after losing one last Dec just a few months before my second partner passed away (from AIDS and non-Hodgkins Lymphoma), I only have three of them left. Though they may be getting older (11,10 and 10), and one of them is getting blinder, my boyz love me and I love them and that makes us all very happy.  ;D

Speak of the devil LOL One of the boyz is nudging me with a toy right now, so I have to go  ;)

Happiness IS a warm puppy!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline CaliGuy22

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 01:40:36 am »
The Beautiful View of mountains I have from my room, my amazing sons an American Bulldog and a Pittbull/Boxer mix, Buddhism, the Dali Lama, the fact that I feel great today.
Compassion is Revolution.

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 04:52:26 am »
Wow it is good to read - inspiration.

Leatherman, you have a lot of love to give and i say a prayer the next man who gets it, lives a long healthy life with you, for a change you deserve that.

About the dogs - is there a breed that can live with an entire day in an apartment -

In my case, it would be 1 day a week - but 12 hours with no walk? Another day would be 8 hours alone. Other days 6. 

I had an roommate with a labrador mutt, pretty big dog, rescued as a stray on a highway.  That dog had to stay in the apartment from 7:30 until 6-7 pm every workday. not good.

I loved that dog and he loved me and everytime I see him again its heaven.  He slept at my feet everynight.

Offline CaliGuy22

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 10:55:53 pm »
My American Bulldog like that he can be inside all day and be ok. I do have family that can play with him and be with him if I am gone. He also is 6 years old and very slowed down so maybe check out a local SPCA and see if you can find an older mellow breed that you like.

~J
Compassion is Revolution.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 11:49:01 pm »
While I look forward with optimism, I try to find contentment today.
what helps me is meditation (theravada budhist), yoga,
meeting other people with hiv and be there for each other,
hearing birds in the morning overpowering the city noise with their singing,
the gecko sitting on my sink when I get home,
love for my 2 sisters and three brothers,
hold hands with a guy I dated twice and who's brilliant
(and here I have to be careful or I veer not only into hope but also expectation).

Offline Iggy

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 08:10:59 am »

- Reality without sugary additives (the latter often distracts from being able to handle the former)
- Belief in self and others,
- Witnessing kind acts by strangers,
- Trust in my ability to face things, and when that fails, permission to allow myself to learn to face things.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 09:26:30 am »
Waking up with my man, and sipping a fresh ground cup of coffee while the rising sun bathes your naked body.  This gives me hope every day. 

Now for those of you who don't have a man/woman beside you each morning, I also established this habit before I met him, but he also did the same thing, so it was a perfect match.

Really hope is a funny thing, because it does seem to require expectation, but I refuse to accept expectation into my life because it limits my real life experience.  I think appreciation for the things that give us hope is probably what makes me smile inside and have that warm feeling of being.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Texan38

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 10:20:11 am »
Not what but who. My mom.  We go out to bars, gay bars, even foam parties, we dress up to go to Halloween parties, we go to concerts, vacations or we can just simply sit outside, have a cook out and enjoy the day with a couple of beers or just enjoy the couple of beers!
She inspires me to have hope.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 01:15:37 pm »
  I think appreciation for the things that give us hope is probably what makes me smile inside and have that warm feeling of being.

My thoughts exactly...
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 08:43:18 pm »
Hmmm, sometimes music gives me hope, other people give me hope but most of all I give myself hope..
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Graywolf

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »
Right now nothing gives me hope, live in intracctable pain 24x7 legs feet and back feel like theyb are being crushed in a vice, and legs withering to nothing, get passed around from doc to doc, waiting months in between for non answers. I see all the happy smiling peoplle, laughing, running leading normal lives and i turn away, most of the time i feel cursed by an angry vengful god with hiv due to my sin.

NO matter what's wrong doctors jump to "it's hiv" when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail and they have misdiagnosed ot waited to long time after time when a problem could have been fixed but spent months years foot dragging,

I also lost hope due to the amerikan medical system being set up to on;y act when a problem becomes catastrophic, why fix it when you can wait until it's too late, then have a constant flow of patients in misery...guaranteed repeat customers. if you think i am deluded think again, this is the way the system works also when you have a condition like hiv and am older, you are kicked to the curb, given a slapo on the back and a bottle of pills, "sorry deal with it"

I have no friends or living family, for me any hope died years ago, it was beaten out of me years ago
"If we don't learn to live as brothers, we will perish as fools" - Dr martin Luther King Jr

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 01:16:20 pm »

Threads like this give me hope :)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.