Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:42:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 250
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 251
Total: 251

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz!  (Read 50487 times)

Offline vivyt

Re: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz!
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:11 pm »
Hey everyone!

Betty- 2 months? WOW! Good for you! I totally agree about the not complaining if you don't vote and I use it often. I do vote for ALL political issues. I just wasn't too worried about the board because it is the same people running that are already on it...and I am fine w/everything. I guess I am taking the time to explain because I don't want to come across as someone who is apathetic.... :)

Queen- I'm sorry you missed your meeting...When is the next one?

Mpls- Hi! Welcome!  ;D ;D

Snow-Hi!

Wendy- It must feel good to be home.

#1 Mom- Hello to you  :)

Ok, that's all. Not much to say. I have some work I have to get to...YUCK!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz!
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2008, 09:47:12 pm »
You are definately not alone. Its nice to meet you MplsLady. I've been positive for 16 years. I'm glad you found us. It is always good to have another friend. IF you have any questions feel free to ask.

Wendy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2008, 11:02:43 pm »
Evening ladies,

Snow, thanks for the congrats.  That's a cute story about you using duct tape on the diapers.  I would do something like that.

Wendy, I'm glad you're home safe and that Billy's dad seems to be in a good place.  I feel really bad for those people.  I don't know what I would do if I lived there.  Wow.

Queen, sorry about the meeting and the muffler. 

Lucas' mom, it's good to hear from you.  I'm glad Lucas is doing so well.  I'm sure that speaks volumes about the care you give him. :)   He's at that adorable age right now.  Please let us know when you get his results what they are.  And yeah, you'd do well to take tips from Mini's mum. ;)

Mum, thanks for the congrats and being in my corner.  I hope Mini's PID calls soon.  I would be livid if she didn't.  I wanna know how that color turned out and exactly what color it is.

Mpls, I'm glad you're joining us here.  I'm in recovery (from drugs) and I've been HIV+ since 1989, diagnosed AIDS 1994.  You'll be fine.  As far as the guys not looking just at your poz status, you know, I suppose all I can say is if something's meant to happen it will.  Just give it time. 

I feel I should start another thread but my brain is so tired after class I can't think of a title right now.  Maybe in the morning if no one else starts one.  We didn't get out of class tonight until after 10:00.  Believe me, it's very wearing to listen to a Microecon lecture for four hours with only two five minute breaks.  I keep telling myself that I only have to do this one time. 

Nothing other than that.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to be getting my new glasses.  Yay, then I'll be able to see print at a distance.  You ladies have a good night.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2008, 11:22:57 pm »
Oops, forgot to mention that I did register today to vote.... ;D I'm too brain dead to start a new thread either but I am sure someone will step up to the plate...Goodnight...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2008, 11:36:21 pm »
I'm off to bed so it wont be me tonight LOL 

Good night ladies.

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2008, 01:17:41 am »
Welcome mplslady :). I've not been posting here long but have already found this to be a loving supportive group. I look forward to getting to know you.

Minismom - Thanks for the tips, I could use your advice. Lucas is generally a good boy, but he was pushing today (and starting to do so more often). I was making him a snack (popcorn) and he decided to grab the mini saltines from the cupboard. It wouldn't have been a problem except after eating a few he started pouring them out on the floor. When I told him to stop he defiantly turned the box over empting it on the floor before I could stop him. Is this a bungy cord or duck tape kinda thing   :D ???. Seriously though, I made him help clean up then go to his room for a time out. Any tips or just keep it up and wait and pray this is a phase he'll grow out of.

Well, mornings come way too soon. Goodnight all.
Amy

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2008, 01:36:14 am »
Lucas when he's being a good helpful boy. It's amazing how much he does at 2 years to try to help when he feels like it. This is the way he acts most of the time. I just couldn't resist sharing the good boy Lucas usually is. Taking out the trash from his room. Sweeping in the kitchen.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:42:59 am by #1 mom »
Amy

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2008, 07:40:00 am »
OKeedokie, ladies, I've started another thread.  I'll PM Ann and ask her to lock this thread.  Please post in Ladies' Thread 46: Faith is Carrying an Umbrella.

Thanks!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.