Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:11:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 348
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I maybe positive with all this "symptoms" please help.  (Read 15102 times)

Offline cuevaz

I maybe positive with all this "symptoms" please help.
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:45:38 am »
Hello everyone,

1st I want to start this post by thanking you all for your humanitarian work.  You're helping a lot of worried people to get through the difficult time including me.

I was completely in monogamous relationship for more than 10 years and really want to stay that way, unfortunately due to camaraderie an office mate of mine was able to convinced me to try and get a CSW.  Never done this before even when I was single, paying for sex is something that I will never do, unfortunately when you're with colleague who always keep on pushing you to do things, you'll eventually fall into a trap that you will regret for the rest of your life, which is what happened to me now.  Too late for to regret as I cant do anything about it anymore.

About 40days ago(august 10 to be exact), I had high exposure from a CSW from Thailand.  She gave me oral with condom for 30seconds and vaginal penetration with the same condom for 30seconds to less than a minute.  I did not ejaculate due to nervous as well due to no erection at all. 

The scariest part of this event is when I decided to stop and pulled out my penis, I saw noticeable liquid on the condom reservoir, I cant stop thinking that the liquid might be vaginal fluid that somehow got inside the condom and even more scary is I did not removed the condom when I noticed the liquid and lay down on the bed, then the CSW played my penis opening with the condom on and with the liquid liquid on top. If that is indeed Vaginal fluid then the CSW literally push the liquid inside me by playing my penis opening.

I know you might gonna say that I am so stupid by letting the CSW do that, but I was really stupid when it comes to getting CSW, this is my 1st time in doing this and I am already 32 year old.  I was so stupid that I even let her put the condom on me, even more stupid is I did not check the condom after the session to check if it has a pin hold or not.  All I can remember is the condom  did not break but when I pulled my penis out, I have noticed that it is only convering 70-80% of my not erected penis.

I know that it is a long post, I just want to make it as detail as possible so my risk can be assess.  Here are my questions, hope all the expert will be able to answer all of this.

1.  Since condom is 100% effective if properly used, would my situation be considered not properly used, when I say that CSW put the condom on my not erected penis?
2.  I dont know if the condom that was used is latex, since I have mentioned above that the condom has remen reservoir and the color is light red, would be considered latex? or natural condom has reservoir as well?  sorry dont know if the condom is latex or not, since the CSW brought the condom not me.
3. I have fingered her as well for about less than a minute, no cuts on my fingers, would this post a risk?
4. CSW suck and bite my left nipple a bit.  Would this post a risk?

Also please evaluate my symptoms if they are ARS related.

- Swollen Cheek,
- Some Itchy rash on my left arm, a few red dots on both my shoulders?
- Lost weight,
- Light joint pain.
- Swollen nodes of my neck, armpit and groin (although two doctors check my neck, throat and armpit and they both said that they are not swollen, although I really can feel them.  On my throat the size is as big as marble.

I apologize for the long post.  I just really want it to be as detailed as possible so I can get the accurate assessment.  Also I apologize for the way I write, English is not my 1st language.

Thanks in advance for helping me. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I maybe positive with all this "symptoms" please help.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:00:58 am »
You did not have a high risk situation. A condom was used which is exactly what ought to be done everytime. The fact that the sex worker put it on your penis when you weren't hard is totally irrelevant.

Nothing you did put you at risk. There is no need for HIV testing.

As for your symptoms, they are not in anyway HIV specific. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

This is NOT an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:06:03 am »
Hi Andy, 

Thanks so much for your quick reply.  You're an inspiration to me and I think will be a life saver for me as well.  I am still worried though about the noticeable liquid that I have found on the condom? any idea as to why there's a liquid inside the condom on the reservoir even though I did not ejaculate? 

That will be my biggest worries and cant sleep because of it, if you or anyone can shed some light on that biggest fear of mine, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again Andy.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:17:19 am »
ceuvaz,

There is no way the fluid inside the condom was vaginal fluid. Vaginal fluid cannot pass through a condom. It was most likely pre-cum from you. If you don't normally use condoms, you will not have noticed this before.

You did NOT have a risk in anything that you did or was done to you by the sex worker. NO risk.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It has nothing to do with hiv as you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 10:26:54 am »
Hi Ann,

Thanks so much for your reply and clarification.  Yes I don't normally used condom since I was in a monogamous relationship with my wife for more than 10 years now.  Unfortunately I was hired in a different country and been away from my wife and son for a long time now.  I will be back in my own country 6months from now. 

I don't know what to do though, as I cant be tested in this country where I am working now, foreigner will be deported if found positive.  But I can't also go back home until I am sure I don't have HIV because I don't want to take the chances in passing the virus to my innocent wife nor tell her what I did because she will definitely leave me and take my son away from me as well.

All I can do right now is keep my faith and always pray that God will take away the possible STD that I can get from what I did.  I WAS SO STUPID from doing what I did.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 11:17:39 am »
cuevaz,

You do NOT need to test. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 04:44:41 am »
Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply.  What I dont understand are my symptoms they seems to be match with the HIV symptoms,

If the lymph nodes is due to HIV will they swell really big? my nodes on my neck and throat are not noticeable but I can really feel them.  The one near my throat they are the size of small marble I think. 

I had sore throat as well, 1week after exposure then lasted for more than a week.  Now I have skin rashes that come and go.  Normally spear after waking up in the morning then dissapear after 30mins to 1hr. Also my palm is turning red when called as well as upper part of my hands.

Any idea as to why this is happening to me, are these symptoms is due to anxiety?

Thanks again for your reply.

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 04:56:45 am »
retyping!

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply.  What I dont understand are my symptoms they seems to match with the HIV symptoms found on the internet.

If the lymph nodes is due to HIV will they swell really big? my nodes on my neck and throat are not noticeable but I can really feel them.  The one near my throat they are the size of small marble I think.

I had sore throat as well, 1week after exposure then lasted for more than a week.  Now I have skin rashes that come and go.  Normally appear after waking up in the morning then disappear after 30mins to 1hr. Also my palm is turning red as well as upper part of my hands when the aircon temperature is too cold.

Any idea as to why this is happening to me? this body condition never happened to me before, that I am worried sick.

Thanks again so much.

Thanks again for your reply.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 06:31:00 am »
cuevaz,

Your symptoms match any one of thousands of illnesses. We can confidently tell you that whatever illness is causing yours, it is NOT hiv, because you had NO RISK for hiv infection.

If you continue to feel unwell, see your doctor. This is not an hiv situation or concern.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 07:36:03 am »
Hi Ann,

One last clarification! if the nodes swell due to HIV will they swell really big? plus if the condom has seme reservoir on the tip, will that be considered latex?  reason why I am asking is I dont have an idea if the CSW used natural lamd skin condom or latex.  Really have no idea.

Sorry for asking again!  please answer my question about the lymph nodes due to HIV and condom question.

Thanks and regards

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 07:53:43 am »
cuevaz,

Neither symptoms or lack of symptoms means a single thing when it comes to hiv infection. Some people get swollen lymph nodes, others do not. The size does not matter.

Sex workers do not use lambskin condoms - they're way too expensive. And besides, they look very different and you would have noticed. They also do not have reservoir tips.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection! If you feel unwell or are worried about your lymph nodes, see a doctor. Whatever is going on has NOTHING to do with hiv.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 10:28:21 am »
Hi Ann,

I apologize for asking to many question! I wont ask anymore but would you recommend a test for other STD's in my case?

Thanks again..  I promise this will be the last question.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 10:55:19 am »
There is a standard panel of tests which will cover all STDs. Ask your doctor to arrange them or any public health service in your area.
Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 11:03:18 am »
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely follow your suggestion.  Since HIV is no risk in my situation, what are the odds of contracting STD on my case?

This is the last question and I wont ask anymore.  Just need your expert advice as anxiety is attacking me again.

Thanks in a million everyone!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 11:43:33 am »
cuevaz,

As you used a condom, your chance of getting some other STI is very low to non-existant. However, this is an hiv forum only. If you have further STI questions, see your doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 06:12:59 am »
Hi Ann/Andy,

Quick question about Testing Period.  As I have mentioned above, I can only be tested 6months from now when I get back to my own country, that will be more than 7months from the date of exposure.  Would the test still shows accurate result given the fact that I tested too late?

Also since I will be testing 7months after the date of exposure, what is the most effective testing method I should take to get the accurate result.

You answer to all my previous questions lessened my worries and fear and I appreciate it so much.  Thanks again for helping me get through this fragile part of my life. 

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:31 am »
As you have already been told...you did NOT have a risk for HIV so there is no need to test...either move on or be banned from this forum..your call, Ann has already warned you.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 12:17:03 pm »
Hi Annie,

I know that my risk was already assessed which is no RISK.  I love my wife so much that's the reason why I wanna get tested for peace of mind and for reassurance, I know that Ann and Andy and are very knowledgeable and reliable when it comes to this subject matter and am so grateful that they are answering my questions.  The problem is me, I am afraid that the condom might have not protected me as is supposed to since I am totally new in getting CSW (my 1st time) I don't even know if I used the condom correctly or not.

Now my mind is playing tricks on me again, that what if the condom slipped off while I was inside her then slipped back on when I pulled it out.  Also what if the condom has some kind of hole since like I said I haven't checked the condom.  Also when I pulled the condom out, the base of the penis is exposed also 70% only of the penis is protected.

The testing is just for reassurance.  If I get a negative result then I can greatly accept and assume that that I indeed used the condom properly.  Again like I said I am completely idiot when it comes to engaging a sex with the CSW and I was tensed at that time, that is the reason why I never thought of checking the condom for holes after the act.

Thanks again..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 12:42:30 pm »
Fortunately fears aren't facts. And you have been repeatedly told the facts of your incident do not warrant any concern on your part about HIV transmission.

We've done what we can do for you here. Frankly we're not here to hold your hand everytime another scary what if pops into your mind. No risk, no cause for HIV concern. Period.

Your feelings of guilt about having strayed are a totally separate matter. You did what you did. It's now a part of your history. Stop with the drama, let it go and get on with your life.

Your only immediate risk right now is for a Time Out if you keep coming back here about this same non-risk. 
Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 11:07:04 pm »
Hi Andy,

I apologize for keep on asking questions, I am just really scared.  I am even more scared now after reading an article about HIV subtype E, prevalence in Thailand.  It was said on the article that this subtype is much more potent,easy to transmit subtype.  It was even mentioned there that it can enter the blood stream from just a simple small lesion on the skin if exposed to the infected fluids. 

I hope the article that I have read is not true about this subtype E prevalence in Thailand because I can assume that if the CSW is infected then shes infected with the subtype E because she's from Thailand.

Sorry for posting this, just worried about this subtype E that can enter the blood stream from small skin lesion.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 06:21:05 am »
Cuevaz,

It doesn't matter what, if any, subtype of hiv the sex worker had. YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK OF INFECTION!!!

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 09:06:37 am »
Hi Ann and Andy..

I am back and worst than before, I got new symptoms "swollen back knee just on the right side, and mouth ulcers that come and go.  Right now I have 3 mouth ulcers, the one in my lower lips is big and painful.  Pimple like red bumps are appearing on my shoulder, abdominal, and Face, I also notice that my eye floaters has increase as well, I am not sure though. Are all these symptoms are ARS?

I am planning to get tested to end this worries.  My life is a living hell since day one even though you said no risk. I still think that the condom used by the CSW was compromised that's why I am getting this symptoms.

Ann, I know and I read on some of your post that you said that your guts is strong and always right.  You really think that I have no risk whatsoever? regardless what twist I put into the mix on the situation I describe! "I am still no risk"?

I'm just really scared and need your reassurance before I go to the testing clinic.  Thanks again and sorry for posting again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 09:23:07 am »
Cuevaz, you don't seem to be listening to anything that's been said to you. Ann has given you the real deal. Based on what you have reported you were not at risk for HIV.

If you need to get tested to relieve your mind about HIV, then stop the drama and do it. And collect the inevitable negative result.

Your symptoms are something you should be discussing with your doctor.

You will very quickly get yourself another Time Out if you just keep coming back with this same non-risk issue.
Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 09:46:12 am »
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have massive respect for what you guys do here,  I just need to get Ann's and your Good Luck karma, before I go for a test.  Just want to let you know, that I was able to keep my sanity because of this forum,  it calms me down every time I read poster getting all the symptoms same as mine and then get negative result.  I am praying that I will be getting the negative result as well so I can finally say that all this symptoms are due to stress and anxiety.

Again thanks Andy, Ann, Jan and rapidrod

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 10:32:36 am »
We expect you to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »
Hi Ann/Andy,

This will be the last question and I wont ask again.  Please dont ban me or give me another time out.  I will definitely need this forum for support if I tested positive just in case I am the most unlucky person in the world by getting HIV on protected sex that took only 1 min or less than 2mins max.

Here's my last question.  Just in case my fear is true, that the condom has some kind of hole will it be enough to infect me if incase vaginal fluid got inside through the small holes and then through my penis opening. 

Reason why I ask this is because the CSW seemed to know that the condom has some kind of holes and somehow her vaginal fluids got inside it, that's why when I stop, she played my penis opening with the condom on as if she's trying to push something (VIRUS or Vaginal Fluid) inside me.

Also I can't stop thinking what the CSW has told me, she said that she left her husband, so now I am thinking that maybe she hates all men and she's infecting her customer to get revenge or something.  I don't know why I am thinking this, but with all my  symptoms, I can't stop thinking that somehow I got infected. 

I am going to church everyday praying that god will give another chance and also praying that all the expert in this forum are correct in accessing my risk as NO RISK! 

I am also praying for good health for all of you (Ann, Andy, RapidRod and Jan) here who's helping worried people like me.  You have no idea how much you've help me.  I was able to keep my sanity because of you guys.

I promise that this will the last question to calm my fear, NO more question after this.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 03:34:45 pm »
Cuevaz,

You're not going to need these forums for support because you're not going to test positive over the situation you've brought to us. Condoms with holes will not stay intact. Your condom didn't break, so it's safe to say it had no holes.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv. If you cannot accept that your symptoms have nothing to do with hiv, go test and collect your negative result.

I'm giving you that second time out that you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 03:35:00 pm »
OK, this is getting beyond silly now, this is the last time we are going to tell you, this is not an HIV situation.

Some of the things you claim are just palin ridiculous, Sex worker do this kind of work for one reason and one reason only...to make money, they are not out to enjoy sex with every Tom, Dick or Harry that comes along, trust me the only thing they are thinking about is keeping themselves safe from all STD's and yes you guessed it...money, they are not out for revenge because they have left their husbands or hate men or enjoy shoving "Viruses, or Vagnal fluids" down holes in penises.

You need to grow up accept the fact that you are HIV negative and move on, if you are having symptoms then go and see your Doctor again, as Ann has ponted out this is an HIV forum.

Edited to remove the warning because Ann got in there just before me with the TO you were warned about.

Jan
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:37:07 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 10:20:57 am »
Hi Andy, ANN and all the expert.

Finally I cant wait and delay this any longer.  I was able to find a testing clinic that do anonymous testing using Elisa that can get the result in 20mins and I will be testing this Saturday.

I just want to let you know that whatever will be the outcome of my test, I will remain great full to all of you.  Without this Forum I would probably insane by now.

Although I cant deny the fact that I am super worried  and scared still because I have a new more scary symptoms came up on my body..  I have so many raised red bumps Rash on my upper back some are small red dot and some are as big as pencil eraser.  Also I still have recurring mouth ulcer that come and go since exposure.

So far this are the symptoms that I can remember.
- nausea
- Swollen nodes
- Swollen Tonsil right side (diagnose and confirm by a doctor)
- The Most worrisome are the Rashes that appeared on my upper back.

I know that symptoms don't mean a thing when it comes to HIV that's why I still have a hope of getting negative result even though I have all this symptoms, (Hope I will indeed get a negative result)

Ann and Andy, although I am not expecting a reply from you.  I humbly request that you send me your good luck karma that I will be able to get a negative result.

I will not going to post anymore after this and Will only post to let you know my result.

Thanks again so much for your valuable help. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 10:27:50 am »
Good luck with the test from which I certainly expect a negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 08:34:56 am »
Hi Ann, Andy and Everyone,

Saturday is nearly upon me and I cant deny the fact that I am so scared for tomorrow's test.  I guess the reason why I am posting again, is to get a reassurance for a negative test. reason being that I developed a very scary symptoms.

- A lot of Raised bump rash on my upper back, shoulder and abdominal which is consistent to ARS rash as per the other websites said.
- Swollen right side tonsil but not painful at all(confirmed by a doctor)
- Still swollen nodes on my right face near my ear.  Its movable and rubbery.

I hope that you can indulge me with this question for reassurance on my test tomorrow. Would my description of RASH and the swollen right side not painful Tonsil be an indicative of HIV infection or regardless of how many symptoms I have, I should test negative since I have no risk base on you assessment?  I hope u wont banned me for asking this last questions.

I hope that I can get a negative result tomorrow so i can finally let go of this OCD about HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 08:52:36 am »
Good luck with the test from which I certainly expect a negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 09:06:05 am »
Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for the reassurance... I wont ask and post anymore until tomorrow.  Hope I can get a negative result just like you expected.

Thanks again.

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2010, 03:25:07 am »
Hi Andy, Anne and All Expert.

I had a rapid finger Prick antibodies HIV test today and it came back negative as per the counselor.  They used some kind of stick where they dropped my blood and they waited for 10-15mins to get the result.  I saw 1 line on the said paper stick thing, and as per the counselor it its positive we will two lines.

Just want to get your expert opinion if the rapid finger prick HIV test is effective and is it correct that if we see 1line on the said test it means its negative? and did we waited enough for the antibodies to show? I mean I just waited for about 10-15mins and they already gave me the result.  Is that normal?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 03:31:09 am »
Hi Andy, Anne and All Expert.

I had a rapid finger Prick antibodies HIV test today and it came back negative as per the counselor.  They used some kind of stick where they dropped my blood and they waited for 10-15mins to get the result.  I saw 1 line on the said paper stick thing, and as per the counselor it its positive we will two lines.

Just want to get your expert opinion if the rapid finger prick HIV test is effective and is it correct that if we see 1line on the said test it means its negative? and did we waited enough for the antibodies to show? I mean I just waited for about 10-15mins and they already gave me the result.  Is that normal?

That is how the rapid test is meant to work. Your result is valid. You are HIV negative.

MtD

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 03:47:38 am »
HI Matty,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I made mistake on this part and I just want to make it clear!

(I saw 1 line on the said paper stick thing, and as per the counselor if its positive we will two lines.). 

Quick Clarification Matty.  As per the other website when conducting a test using rapid finger prick the test is accurate if you waited for 20mins.  The councilor just waited about 10-15mins and he gave me the result which I saw 1 line.  He said its negative!.

-  Is that accurate given the fact that he just waited 10-15mins?
-  Does finger prick antibodies test is an approved FDA test?
-  Is it advisable to take another test 1month from now?

And one last question Matty is are you familiar on the test that they perform on me and whats your opinion about the effectiveness of the test?

By the way I am in Singapore right now and the test was done on one of their anonymous testing site.  Does Singapore are up to date when it comes to HIV and Testing?

I am about to move on with my life.  Hope you could answer these last questions.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2010, 06:21:42 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:18 am »
Your test is a valid one and the result is valid. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

You need to know that if you come back with more questions about this or this incident you are going to get a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.

Let this issue go and get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Offline cuevaz

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2010, 10:03:15 am »
Thank you so much Andy.  I will move on with my life now.  I am merely just waiting for your response, so I can make sure that the test that I took is valid.

Thanks again and really appreciate your time replying to my question.. All the best to all the expert.

And for the worried wells like me, I just want to say expert are correct.  Symptoms don't are not a basic when diagnosing HIV.  I wasted my 7months worrying about it because I got so many symptoms..

All the best for everyone, specially Ann, Andy, Rod, Jan and Matty. Thanks so much once again!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2010, 10:06:06 am »
Your test is a valid one and the result is valid. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

You need to know that if you come back with more questions about this or this incident you are going to get a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.

Let this issue go and get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.