Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:20:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 632
Total: 633

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Introduction post & question Taffic tablets  (Read 10229 times)

Offline Slut1215

Introduction post & question Taffic tablets
« on: May 20, 2020, 02:13:04 am »
Hi I just got diagnosed on 1 Apr 2020 and currently on Biktarvy.

I was searching for alternative medicine sources and found there is a generic of the same medicine sold in India called Taffic.

I wonder if anyone who has taken the generic tab before. How different was it than taking the original, other than price?

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Introduction post & question Taffic tablets
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 10:52:09 am »
Hiya,

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the diagnosis.

I've moved your post so you have your own introduction thread for the forum, prehaps you can let us know a bit more about you and how you are getting on?  How is treatment going so far?

Regarding the meds, Taffic, is a once-a-day single pill, a combination of three medicines - Bictegravir (50mg), Emtricitabine (200mg), and Tenofovir Alafenamide (25mg).

Biktarvy, is a once-a-day single pill, a combination of three medicines - Bictegravir (50mg), Emtricitabine (200mg), and Tenofovir Alafenamide (25mg).

If it's a true generic than the active ingredients and the effects should be the same.

There are plenty of forum members who take generic meds, not sure about Taffic though but if someone is they will surely chime in.

Take it easy

Best, Jim

https://www.poz.com/drug/biktarvy
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline liveyourlife

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 04:22:09 pm »
Hi Slut1215, i'm also looking for information and experiences about this med called "taffic" from the indian company hetero healthcare but i don't find anyone taking it.
It's strange because this med looks a very good alternative and i'm sure some members are taking it.
Please members if you could share your experiences ?

Offline Slut1215

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 03:34:42 am »
Hi Liveyourlife, yes I did some research but I am a little stuck on how can determine that what I am buying from India, that I'm not being scammed.

My plan has always been to take the original (Biktarvy), the move to buy some Taffic is in case I get retrenched or I am travelling. Carrying a few bottles of bikatrvy can be quite daunting as its so dear. Its like I'm carrying gold bars in my bag.

My idea was to use Taffic as the spare, if i somehow lose or tablets get destroyed, I still have the generic to fall back on while I travel. Biktarvy might be hard to get or crazily expensive at wherever I'm visiting.

In my country, Biktarvy sells at about USD 15 per tablet. Although this is pretty costly, I've checked in other parts of the world people pay about USD1K for a bottle.

Offline virgo313

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 12:48:26 pm »
Announcement was made in 2019 that they will market taffic to selected countries.
Weather it is out in the market, not sure. Why not just drop them an email and check from them - sales@heterodrugs.com
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline Slut1215

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 10:02:15 am »
Good idea, thank you. I sent in my enquiry. Lets see what comes out.

Offline liveyourlife

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 05:05:47 am »
I contacted heterodrugs.com and they told me they only sell Taffic drug in India and don t export it.

Offline Slut1215

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 08:38:32 am »
Hi just wanna update, I met my doctor after a blood test 2 weeks ago. She says I'm on track .VL was 170k plus copies now its 264 copies after taking meds for 4 months. CD4 has also risen from 72 to 248. She asked me to stop taking bactrim. She hopes that by our appointment in the next 6 months, I would able to be UD.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.