Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Hemorrhoid Cream Death

(1/1)

Jim Allen:

By Vanessa Etienne - Published on April 16, 2024
https://people.com/woman-dies-of-lead-poisoning-after-using-hemorrhoid-ointment-8634303

--- Quote ---The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) announced that a Sacramento woman purchased a hemorrhoid ointment from Vietnam, called Cao Bôi Trĩ Cây Thầu Dầu​​ (Castor Oil Hemorrhoid Extract), through a Facebook ad. A relative then shipped the product to her from Vietnam.

The woman later died of severe lead poisoning. After testing the ointment, the CDPH found that the product contained 4% lead, a “highly dangerous amount.”

According to California's Calaveras County Public Health, the ointment has been marketed primarily through Vietnamese Facebook groups as a “miracle” treatment for hemorrhoids with suggested intra-rectal application.
--- End quote ---

Tonny2:

ojo.             Omg!!… here in the United States some people are having problems for using Botox (fake)… thanks for sharing Jim …hugs

numbersguy82:
Wow that is really bizarre. I hope there is some sort of prosecution against the company selling toxic products. As a consumer, it is def buyer beware if you are purchasing from unreliable sources.

As my doctor once told me, “think before you buy, and never ever buy sushi from a gas station”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version