Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:15:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 590
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 582
Total: 582

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: magnetic couple  (Read 6938 times)

Offline scaredlover

• Standard
magnetic couple
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:00:49 am »
Hi,

My partner was diagnosed with HIV december 2014 after donating blood.

Here's the story. The last time we had sex was december 20 2014 and He went to another country for 3 days on 22nd of december the same year for some meeting. He donated blood on 25th and received a call that he tested positive on 30th of december. Imagine my anxiety almost went to the roof. I was afraid to get tested. From that time we never had sex again.

Confirmatory test was done  January 2015. He is confirmed HIV +. Then he admitted that he did something in that country, he said he accidentally got pricked by a drug needle of a friend injecting drugs inside the car. That there was a check point and they got scared and he bravely threw the needle outside and got pricked from there. Well, the was his version. I asked him how certain he was that ge got it from the needle, he said he told the guy whom the needle belonged to that he got positive in an hiv test. The guy got tested and was confirmed to have it as well. I was depressed of this news that I couldn't feel my self sleeping even if my partner told me I did.

And finally I got tested on march 16th and I got a negative result. We promised each other that we will not have sex anymore even if protection is available. We both agreed. Until just this 4th of april, 2015 he gave me a blowjob and I came in his mouth, after which I got scared of the possibilities of me contracting the virus. I read so much on Insertive oral sex contracting HIV and it always says it is impossible unless I was the receptive one.

Shall I get tested again?

Offline zach

Re: magnetic couple
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 10:13:42 am »
this post isn't really about your positive loved one, your question is more suited to the "am i" forum

how your partner was infected has nothing to do with your status

you've tested negative, you can follow up at your doctors recommended schedule to confirm that result

if you choose to move forward in the relationship, there is no reason you can't continue to have sex with your partner... use protection. oral is not a risk. unprotected anal and vaginal sex are. don't share needles.

how is your partner doing? coming to grips with a postive diagnosis is a difficult time period.

Offline xman

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:44:12 pm »
We promised each other that we will not have sex anymore even if protection is available. We both agreed.

sorry to sound harsh but this is the most stupid thing i heard so far in 2015. first this is a kind of promise very difficult to hold indefinitely, second we have some fantastic prevention tools now. available and it is not about only sex with condoms anymore. once your partner starts therapy and takes it diligently and for at least six months he's practically considered uninfectious according to many studies lately published. it is called biomedical prevention and it is the new frontier in preventing transmission. condoms offer an extra layer of protection. until an undetectable viral load they remain imperative.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:05:12 pm »
sorry to sound harsh but this is the most stupid thing i heard so far in 2015. first this is a kind of promise very difficult to hold indefinitely, second we have some fantastic prevention tools now. available and it is not about only sex with condoms anymore. once your partner starts therapy and takes it diligently and for at least six months he's practically considered uninfectious according to many studies lately published. it is called biomedical prevention and it is the new frontier in preventing transmission. condoms offer an extra layer of protection. until an undetectable viral load they remain imperative.

Xman,

There is no reason to insult any member who is simply seeking information.  Please choose your words more carefully in the future.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Joe

Offline xman

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »
OK, sorry. My mistake. My invitation is only to be more educated about HIV in 2015. This illness shouldn't be a barrier to intimacy anymore.

Offline scaredlover

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:13 pm »
Hi guys, no insult taken.
So, am I safe from the insertive incident? Call me clumpsy because of anxiety...

Regarding toothbrushes? I accidentally grabbed my partner's toothbrush tonight at around 6:45 pm.I had it in my mouth around less than 10 seconds and held it and off to the toilet, my partner called my attention that i got the wrong one. I immediately gargled and put ot back. I asked him if he ever got blood in it... It was new from march 19. He said no, and that the bristles are really soft. He last used it 6:00 am before going to work.

Is there a chance I could have contracted the virus? Or am i just putting fears in my mind? Shall i get PEP? Thank you so much.

Offline zach

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:39:30 pm »
sharing a toothbrush may be a theoretical risk, but so extremely low that i personally wouldn't worry about it at all

what you need to do is wear a condom for all anal and vaginal intercourse. just to be bluntly clear, that means when the penis actually penetrates... not fingers, not toys, not toothbrushes, not oral

thats all you need to do to protect yourself. you should research PrEP as well

sharing a toothbrush, thats just gross though :)

and again, you don't really seem to be here to talk about your positive loved one, you line of questioning is more suited to the am i forum... the members that are tasked with moderating and answering that board do an excellent job

Offline zach

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »
one thing i'll add, xman may not have worded it as nicely as he could... but the message is right

if yall keep that irrational fear based "no sex again even with protection" promise, your relationship probably won't last. instead of taking that drastic nuclear option, educate yourselves

Offline scaredlover

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 07:35:10 pm »
Thanks zach... I couldn't enter the forum... I don't have any idea why. Thank you for the response

Offline Amber34

• Stay Positive
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 03:38:33 pm »
I am not really answering your question and yes this post is in the wrong section, but I feel compelled to say something.
His transmission story seems suspect. Maybe it did happen as you said, but have you really explored and talked about it with him? Are you sure he isn't an IV drug user? Are you sure he didn't cheat?
I bring this up because I was infected by someone I had an affair with and I believe continued dishonesty will likely lead to continued high risk behavior because he is not truly confronting what he is doing and why.
Please don't take offense to this, I'm  just concerned for you both.

Amber 
New here

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
Scaredlover,

It's obvious that you should not be posting in this forum, as you are here to obtain information on your possible risks alone.  You are welcome to post in the Am I Infected Forum ONLY.  Do not post in any other forum.  You are done in this forum and I am locking this thread.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.