Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:14:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 419
Total: 422

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HELLO!... Need HIV Doc by Clearwater FL .. (HEARD OF AHF)?  (Read 4312 times)

Offline gulfcoastFL

HELLO!... Need HIV Doc by Clearwater FL .. (HEARD OF AHF)?
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »
 :)
Hi Everybody,
I just had this all done, hit preview and lost it all. Dam. My big finger is in a splint so I need this to be shorter than the last.   I'm wanting to change docs. A doc I used to have a while ago was taken over by AHF. I liked his old practice but it's the big co. like AHF I'm concerned about.
   IS THERE ANYONE HERE IN THE TAMPA BAY AREA FAMILIAR WITH THE...
Palm Harbor, FL branch of AHF???
Have already visited ahf's website, pretty much a corperate website.  I'd really love any feedback on who are the docs people in my area see.   And also....
    THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY FOR YOUR POSTS!!!  IT'S ALWAYS MADE ME FEEL A LITTLE LESS LONELY IN THIS KINDA "BLUE STATE" AND KINDA HALF REDNECK STATE I LIVE IN!  Please don't anyone be peeved, I'm a native.

Much love & well wishes,
K
( My bad...My local AHF is in Safety Harbor, FL. Got the harbor wrong )
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:08:53 pm by gulfcoastFL »
"We all think and feel differently as the years go by"  Thank you, Grey Gardens.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: HELLO!... Need HIV Doc by Clearwater FL .. (HEARD OF AHF)?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:10:56 am »
Hi,..

I live in Palm Harbor, and from 2003 until the end of 2009,I was with Doctor Barry Rodwick,in Safety Harbor.  As I understand it, he may have resigned from AHF.

I am only finding out this info now.

Does this link help you out at all?:  I always liked Dr. Rodwick, but I went into the VA healthcare system in January of 2010.

From the following link provided. Dr. Rodwick has as office ( or will very soon ) , on Sunset point road in Clearwater.  tel # 727-216-6193.

Does this help ya out at all?

http://www.drrodwick.com/

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 03:23:13 am »
See if this will help you out.  Have you tried the ASAP office on Cleveland St in Clearwater for some info:

ASAP - North
1214 Cleveland St
Clearwater, FL
Phone: 727-449-2437

In Saint Petersburg:

ASAP - MAIN
3050 1st Ave South
St. Petersburg, FL

Phone: 727-328-3260

I found both offices very helpful, in answering questions, only a couple of weeks ago.

I don't have the names with me at the current moment, but when I get home from work in the morning, I will give them to you.  I have names of individuals for both offices, or you can just call either of these numbers.

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:46:44 am »

I Remember when Doctor Rodwick joined with AHF. I posted about it here in 2010, even though at that point I was no longer a patient of his:

This was from November of 2010 :

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=34593.msg430386#msg430386

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:51 pm »
Thanks Ray,
I've found some of the same things online. Rodwick looks like he's
opening a new practice on Sunset Pt. And, from what I've been
able to found out and from just calling and speaking with AHF I have
been underwhelmed.
  IT'S A SHAME, IN TAMPA BAY AREA (THIS SIDE OF BRIDGE) OUR
OPTIONS ARE DWINDLING.
"We all think and feel differently as the years go by"  Thank you, Grey Gardens.

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 02:18:40 pm »

8) HAPPY HUMPDAY TO ALL & THANKS FOR ALWAYS BRIGHTING MY DAY!!!!

Thanks Ray,

I've found some of the same things online. Rodwick looks like he's
opening a new practice on Sunset Pt. And, from what I've been
able to found out and from just calling and speaking with AHF I have
been underwhelmed.
  IT'S A SHAME, IN TAMPA BAY AREA (THIS SIDE OF BRIDGE) OUR
OPTIONS ARE DWINDLING.
I wished Rodwick could let his patients/old patients in on what he
is doing, I would see him again. There is a need here!
THANKS, Ray for the Watermark link. It was indeed helpful.

If you want to PM me on any experiences or knowledge of other
Pinellas docs that would be wonderful.

Best wishes

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 04:01:15 pm »
See if this will help you out.  Have you tried the ASAP office on Cleveland St in Clearwater for some info:

ASAP - North
1214 Cleveland St
Clearwater, FL
Phone: 727-449-2437

Ray,
I called one of them (Metro Charities or ASAP) a few months ago about local HIV docs.
Wished I could remember which place, their response to my question was..."are you a
client of ours?".  I havn't had a case manager in a few years and figured those resources
could better be spent for someone who needs them now. 
  They would not answer the question or even point me in the right direction.  I don't  think
these case management places will even let you show up a their support group if you're
not a paying client for them.

So that's why I reached out here to see in our area, who see's what docs.
Frustrating,  theres a 1,000 or so (total guess) of us but not easy to connect .

Thanks a lot for your input and time !!!! :)

In Saint Petersburg:

ASAP - MAIN
3050 1st Ave South
St. Petersburg, FL

Phone: 727-328-3260

I found both offices very helpful, in answering questions, only a couple of weeks ago.

I don't have the names with me at the current moment, but when I get home from work in the morning, I will give them to you.  I have names of individuals for both offices, or you can just call either of these numbers.

Ray

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:34 pm »
Hey Gulfcoast,...

FYI,... Dr. Rodwick's office is now open.  I was in the area of his office, So I stopped in to say hello to Mona. The office looks very nice, they opened just about a week ago.

Suite number is 405 ( used to be a dental office)

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.