Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:25:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773196
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 438
Total: 441

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: getting back into the workforce?  (Read 10299 times)

Offline zachysmom

getting back into the workforce?
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:20:09 am »
Hello everyone,
Well I've been a stay-at-home mom for almost 3 years now, and recently, have decided to get back into the workforce, well for financial reasons and personal reasons.
I applied for a job with a really great company, which I was sent to take the apptitude test,( I did and passed), and yesterday I took the standard pee drug test. I quess my question is, does anyone know what meds may interact, and give a false positive on the screen?
It is now a waiting game, to see if I'm in the all clear to work,and just waiting on a phone call.
Meanwhile I've been searching for a daycare for my son. This has been the hardest thing I've EVER had to do. Not is it so much more complicated than I thought it to be, but emotionally I'm a wreck. In fact, I'm crying now about it.
I'm just having a hard time even thinking about letting him go to daycare, and someone else watching him, but I know I need to do this eventually whether it be in the next few weeks or in a couple of years, he's growing up and needs to be more independent. I'm just scared of all the bad things that can happen to him.....I feel i'm failing to protect somehow. I'm going crazy allittle every day.
Thanks for hearing out my little rant, i really needed to vent.
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline momoftwo

Re: getting back into the workforce?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:27:04 pm »
Wow I feel your pain! I am looking for a job also because we are in a great financial bind but I am not sure that I am ready to put my son and daughter into daycare. I have had two bad experiences with daycare and do not want to go through that again. I am hoping to just get something part time but not sure if that is even feasible at this point.
I had to do a drug test because my ex was trying to alledge that I was taking drugs(even though he has never even seen me take a drink) and I disclosed to them that I was HIV pos and on meds and they did a more thorough test so not exactly positve what the reason for that was.

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 03:43:28 pm »
Don't worry about your son at daycare. I live near a daycare centre, and it is usually the moms and dads who are more nervous than the children. Once the kids see new children to play with and exciting things to do, they are as happy as a pig in mud. Rarely do I see the children crying on the first day, it is usually the parents wiping away the tears.
Relax, Nicole, and let him have a great new adventure - he will love it and hopefully you will enjoy your new adventure with a new job

xxxxx
Scud44
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 09:52:58 pm »
Thanks for the advice, it really makes me feel better.
Momoftwo, what was the horrible experience, if you don't mind telling?

I drove by this one lady's place I had been talking to for daycare, she owns a daycare out of her house, and I saw three kids staring out the front window, and I was like " oh, my god, are they so bored and miss their're parents so much, that they're staring out the window looking for them?" So I drove away, and considering canceling my appt with her tomorrow morning.

So my search continues......

Thanks again for all the comments..
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 06:50:07 pm »
My horrible experience was I interviewed a daycare out of a house and loved her. She seemed so attentive to my son while we were there. I then called all of her references and they all checked out great. The day I dropped off my son I did the diaper trick of leaving a little mark somewhere on the diaper. When I picked up my son 9 hours later he had actual blisters on his little butt. I took him immediately to the ER and something told me to check the diaper that I had changed when I got home with him. Well the little mark was there. She had not changed him all day. The ER reported her to the state and during the investigation I learned that she had three other violations against her and she was not even supposed to have her own child in the home.
After that I have stayed at home and only my SIL or my parents and sister watch my children. I have interviewed other babysitters I am just so afraid to leave them with anyone.
This time I will be sticking with a licensed daycare that the county recommends for my peace of mind.

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:56:42 pm »
Oh my God,
That is what i'm afraid of as well.
Where I live there is a free referel service, where they will email you local references and you can call a number to some council and give them the license number and they will contact you after 2 days with any violations on their record.
But I think I'm going to go with a state licensed center type care.
How can people be so cruel to childern?
My son isn't potty trained yet and I worry about him sitting in poop allday, or worse starting to play with it.

Well I haven't got the job yet, but I'll keep everyone posted when something happens,
thanks for the advice
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 08:56:34 pm »
Nicole,
 I realize there are some bad day care centers, but there are also good ones.  My daughter is 23, and out on her own.  I have two grandkids, however, that are in daycare and are just fine.  Just be sure to check out the references thoroughlly!  Good luck and keep us posted.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 05:33:45 pm »
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to report, that I did get the job and I  start Monday.
My meds did not effect my pee test, as I was worried about.
I did find a great daycare center through a church, which has turned out to be great, alot of helpful staff.

I feel like I can finally breathe.

Ok take care,
much love,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 07:53:04 pm »
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

tendai

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 07:17:40 am »
Yay!! good for you.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 07:56:34 am »
Hello Nicole. Just hoping everything went well for you yesterday.  Cristy

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:59:36 pm »
I posted in the other tread, but I'll mention something on this on, since it is about work.
 So far so good, it sucks being the new girl, in any situation, but at least I can get away with shit, that later on I won't be able to, still don't have a computer, untill they get me set up with a pass word so I can't post from work.
But on a good note, I was talking with another co-worker while I was making copies ( think of the scene from the movie 9 to 5 with Jane Fonda). She was asking my where I had worked before, so I mentioned that at one point I worked for Aids Healthcare Foundation, prevention and testing dept. She was very cool about HIV and the job I had done. So I took the opportunity to educate her about HIV, with out disclosing of course, but making her more aware of the fact that women, are at risk, just because we're women sometimes, so she should always protect herself. Anyway I really felt good about spreading the word, and I thought I'd share that with you ladies.....

Just trying to do my part...
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.