Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:05:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 309
Total: 309

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is Lurch a Karl Rove plant?  (Read 8320 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Is Lurch a Karl Rove plant?
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:54:11 am »
or is Lurch a double agent, is he really a Rep,trying to destroy Dem again? If it was joke,it was a bad joke,seeing that both W and Lurch went to Yale and Dead Face had a lower GPA. You cant make this stuff up.

Offline Dachshund

Re: Is Lurch a Karl Rove plant?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 08:59:43 am »
or is Lurch a double agent, is he really a Rep,trying to destroy Dem again? If it was joke,it was a bad joke,seeing that both W and Lurch went to Yale and Dead Face had a lower GPA. You cant make this stuff up.

A study done at Purdue University states that 37.9% of Republican men are closeted homosexuals.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 09:11:27 am »

Rove's father left Rove's mother for another man. Karl Rove exhibits all the traits of latent homosexuality.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 12:15:56 pm »
Dachs, I nominate you to do a DAILY DIRT column for The Washington Post. Or alternatively for TV GUIDE for a more general audience.
Andy Velez

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:01:38 pm »
You can't make this stuff up...Louis Rove came out as gay after divorcing Karl Rove's mother. Karl Rove is an admitted agnostic. Republican policies are based on retaining power, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline jack

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 04:06:40 pm »
Dems are running from this bonehead as if he had proposed a vote on gay marriage before the election.
I still can't figure out what his joke was. He went to the same school as W and had a lower GPA.
God Bless Massachusetts. Barney,Teddy,and Lurch. Priceless.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 04:48:21 pm »
You've said the same thing like 10 times already, I got the picture the first 2 or 3!  Big deal that Bush got a higher G.P.A., if you bent over for the president of Yale - you would too  ;)

Offline Christine

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 05:00:50 pm »
both W and Lurch went to Yale and Dead Face had a lower GPA.

So this means what? W is better at cheating??

I do agree the Kerry comment was inappropriate. Joke or purposeful, it was in bad taste.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline jack

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 05:45:37 pm »
No it means if Lurch was making a joke,like he says he was, about Bushs education, the joke is on him. It appears as if it is on him anyways, just about every Dem,except for wacky Howy has thrown Lurch under the bus today.  As Ann Richards used to say, "he just couldnt help himself".
The only way the Dems win next week is if Conservatives dont turn out. They are fed up with Ws lack of spending restraints, nation building, and liberal ways, but Lurch gave them a quick reminder what is in store for them if Dems control congress. Repeal of all Ws tax cuts that pulled us out of the recession he was handed in 2000. Appeasement of terrorists. Wackos like Waxman,Rangell,and Dingell running Congress. Lurch may have saved the Republicans, again.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 06:01:12 pm »
Ah, definitely shouldn't count your chickens before they're hatched

CH

Offline jack

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 06:14:54 pm »
oh, I'm not. I sold all my Pharma stocks earlier in the week. Sold half my Oils and been buying Gold. They are back. Who can forget crooks like Jack Wells and John Glenn. Both spent their entire career in the Congress and both retired with a net worth in excess of 20 million. The  Republican crooks are pikers compared to them.
I really think its too little too late,and Dems will win House and Senate.

Offline ademas

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 06:15:55 pm »
at www.billmon.org :

Lessons Learned

When a stupid comment by John Kerry about the war in Iraq becomes the big October surprise, you know the Republicans are truly grasping at straws.

When a stupid comment by John Kerry about the war in Iraq becomes bigger news than the war itself, you know the broadcast news morons are no longer capable of doing anything more complicated than staring at their own navels.

If a stupid comment by John Kerry about the war in Iraq actually does end up influencing next week's elections, then we will have further proof that H.L. Mencken right: In a democracy, the people really do get the kind of government they deserve -- and they get it good and hard.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 06:57:56 pm »
Excellent point, Ademas!

But no fear everyone, JK apologized...so we're back on track to victory in 5 days

CH

Offline jack

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 07:57:17 pm »
the "apology" says he is sorry for the misinterpretation of what he said. ???? He said what he said. It doesn't matter what a leading Dem like Lurch thinks and what he says.  This is the man Dems wanted to run the country. He still isnt ready for prime time. Yes, he is quite eloquent when being served up softballs in a controlled environment by his buds Iman, Timbo, and George, but in public the guy is a walking,talking political party suicide bomber.  W has been skewered everytime he has mangled the English Language, Lurch gets the treatment one time and he flips his lid. He was for the joke before he was against it.
He accused US soldiers of abusing and torturing Iraqi civilians earlier this year.
This time he not only insulted everyone serving in the military but also everyone who doesn't have a degree.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 08:10:50 pm »
W has been skewered everytime he has mangled the English Language, Lurch gets the treatment one time and he flips his lid.

That's because W. mangles the English language so often that it doesn't have any effect.  For a more eloquently spoken person, such as the Senator from MA, who doesn't come across as imbecile, it's a little frustrating to make a mistake and then have every Satanic Republican hound on him

Offline libvet

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 08:50:25 pm »
W has been skewered everytime he has mangled the English Language, Lurch gets the treatment one time and he flips his lid.

Yeah, I remember when Bush "joked" about not being able to find the WMD.  Remember how the media hounded him until he apologized for making a disgusting joke of the reason we supposedly went to war in Iraq?

Oh...that's right.  The media did nothing.

For the life of me, Jack, I will never understand your appalling allegiance to a party that scapegoated you for votes. A party that time and again has used people's hatred for you as a platform.  A party that would just as soon drive you back in the closet and watch you die as to look at you.   A party where it's members regularly use the term "fag" to describe gays and compare gay sex to bestiality and incest.

It's as bizarre to me as a chicken promoting Col. Sanders.

What on EARTH could compel someone to hate themselves so much they would identify with a party that shows such utter and complete contempt for oneself?

I just don't get it and never will.

Offline ademas

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 09:17:27 pm »
Jack's not gay, libvet.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Offline libvet

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 09:51:15 pm »
Well, that explains a lot.

Sorta.  I guess you have to live with being compared to murderers, child molesters, and scum of the earth on a daily basis to feel the utter revulsion I feel for the GOP now.

Of course, if he's HIV positive, they haven't exactly done much better there.  More often than not, the reply from the rank and file GOP is to suggest either putting us in quarantine or lining us up and shooting us.  Of course, never in public.  I've been in a few of the circles where I was anonymous to hear how the average right-winger views a person with HIV.  It's pretty much no different than what they say about African-Americans when they think no one is around that will take issue with them and it ain't pretty.

In public, they only make fun of people with parkinson's disease or threaten people in wheelchairs or claim that a decorated veteran blew off three of his own limbs in some insane plot to become a congressperson.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 10:50:23 pm »

Of course, if he's HIV positive, they haven't exactly done much better there.  More often than not, the reply from the rank and file GOP is to suggest either putting us in quarantine or lining us up and shooting us.  Of course, never in public.  I've been in a few of the circles where I was anonymous to hear how the average right-winger views a person with HIV.  It's pretty much no different than what they say about African-Americans when they think no one is around that will take issue with them and it ain't pretty.

In public, they only make fun of people with parkinson's disease or threaten people in wheelchairs or claim that a decorated veteran blew off three of his own limbs in some insane plot to become a congressperson.

This is sad but true, libvet.   In my own personal 'life situation' (by that I mean job, town I live in, church, etc) I am in close proximity to many staunch republican right wingers.   To over hear their daily discussions, things have not changed much since the 60's.   Not only do they hate gays, African-Americans, people with HIV, many of them also hate women.   Right now, they are extremely p.o.'d that a woman is about to be seated as Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church (Katharine Jefferts Schori). This is why I have never understood how anyone can be gay and a republican, or a woman and a republican.  The two seem to be mutually exclusive (to me, at least).

Alan (residing in a "red" state)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 10:52:09 pm by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline randym431

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 01:39:05 am »
Karl Rove is not Gay. He has no wee wee...    :o
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline randym431

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 01:42:59 am »
BTW, Heres a political poll I found on another site. Are you lib or conserv?

http://franz.org/quiz.htm
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline cph9680

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 01:48:27 am »
I'm a Bill Clinton Liberal!  Woot  ;D  ;D

CH

Offline jack

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 08:26:04 am »
Havent heard any calls to line up HIVers. Haven't seen any of your Dems wanting to vote on gay marriage. Both parties play to different constituents. Its always been that way. You are Dems because you think they are gonna advance your groups cause. I am a republican because I believe in individual freedoms over group rights. That being said the only hate I see going on is from the left. They hate Bush, they hate Big Oil, they hate US pharma, in fact it seems they hate all productive member of society,unless they get campaign funds from them.
Funny Kerry wasn't laughing after his "joke". Why would you make a joke about a person intelligence who attended the same college you did and who had a higher GPA? That sure doesn't seem very funny or very smart. Kerry has been spewing his hatred of the military since he got home from Nam. He tried to pull a Clinton but only Clinton can get out of lie with more lies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 09:19:54 am »
Here is how you amuse yourself kids...see if a certain someone can ever post without mentioning Clinton, Massachusetts, Barney Frank, etc, etc, etc..... I am beginning to believe the research is correct. Gay, straight, conservative or liberal someone is stuck in the same HIV rowboat as the rest of us. I wonder what Republican would ask an HIV person to campaign with them? I wonder what Republican would invite you to speak at their church? I wonder how many Republicans would whisper behind your back as you walk away...well he says he is straight? What do you think the percentage of Republicans think you got just what you deserve? So sorry, in the end conservative credentials mean nada...you have HIV and you are a dirty sinner who deserves it. We will always get the last laugh...no matter what you post, because you are stuck with the rest of us diseased ridden homo's. You get to go to bed every night knowing that the only support system you have is predominately gay and liberal...ain't that a kick in the pants. :-*

Offline libvet

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 10:17:27 am »
I am a republican because I believe in individual freedoms over group rights.

Oh, that's rich.  Are we talking about the party that sued to have Oregon's assisted suicide law overturned?  The party that dropped EVERYTHING including the rarity of Bush flying home from his vacation to pass an unconstitutional law to interfere in the private health decisions of a man and wife?   The party that road to power in large part because Clinton tried to lift the insane bigotry based ban on gays in the military?  The party that thinks sick people smoking marijuana should be locked up?  The party that thinks elderly people buying their meds in Canada should be prohibited?  The party that wants to punish groups that don't tow the line with their "abstinence only" garbage?  The group that wanted to pass a law to permanently prevent a group from enjoying the same "rights" as them?  The party that has tried to pass laws to keep gay people from being in certain occupations, such as teacher?  The party that wants to take away a woman's right to control her own reproduction?  And so on and so on.....

The republican party is no longer the party of the Goldwater Conservatism you espouse. 

And hating Bush?  I don't know that I would go that far.  I hold him and his sycophants in contempt.  What you see as hate, I see as anger.  I guess people like me who have REAL compassion don't have any reason to be angry.

I guess spending 1 trillion dollars to create an Islamic republic is no reason to be angry.

Sending our servicemen to die in a country that wasn't a threat and didn't attack us and now 2800+ are dead and lord knows how many tens of thousands are maimed for life is no reason to be angry.

Creating a quagmire in a country and setting up a situation that led to the deaths of tens of thousands of people if not hundreds of thousands is not enough reason to get angry.

Suspending Habeus Corpus, one of our most basic principles of justice is no reason to be angry.

Claiming that torture is okay and water-boarding isn't really torture when we EXECUTED people who did it to us in WW2 is no reason to be angry.

50 million US CITIZENS who have no access to basic health care is no reason to be angry.

Millions more US CITIZENS slipping into poverty is no reason to be angry.

Watching the middle class struggle with how they are going to retire or send their kids to college while the rich get richer every day is no reason to be angry.

Being gouged at the gas pumps and the republican congress giving the oil companies carte blanche to rape us and our wallets is no reason to be angry.

Living in the first period of economic expansion where our wages are not even keeping up with inflation while CEO's are getting millions for bankrupting a company is no reason to be angry.

Scapegoating the poor, the sick, gays, people of different faiths, races, and cultures to retain political power is no reason to be angry.

Watching our nation slip to number 43 in press freedom, 49th in literacy, 54th in health care, 41st in infant mortality, 20th out of 20 in growth rate of compensation of our workforce among comparative 1st world nations, and 28th in mathematical literacy is no reason to be angry.

Seeing our so-called leaders spend 1000 times more time wondering how to repeal a tax that affects less than one percent of the population than they do how to feed the poor is no reason to be angry.

Seeing a major US city drown before our eyes while our president plays air guitar and is still in ruins a year later is no reason to be angry.

I could go on all day with this.  But you get the drift.  The appalling policies of the current administration and his enablers in congress have led to the unnecessary waste of US tax dollars you care so much about, the unnecessary sacrifice of American lives in Iraq, and is directly responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people by meddling in a place we had no business meddling in.  At least Afghanistan made some sense.  Invading Iraq was bogus from the start and it's the only time this particular so-called "military hating" democratic veteran has actually protested against my country and I did so along with a whole group of vets that marched against this war.

You seem to have a very skewed notion about what approximately 50% of Americans believe.  What you call hate, I call righteous anger at watching our country go backwards while the rest of the world moves ahead of us and it ain't the "evil left" that is at the wheel.

Offline libvet

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 10:23:58 am »
So sorry, in the end conservative credentials mean nada...you have HIV and you are a dirty sinner who deserves it. We will always get the last laugh...no matter what you post, because you are stuck with the rest of us diseased ridden homo's. You get to go to bed every night knowing that the only support system you have is predominately gay and liberal...ain't that a kick in the pants. :-*

There is some truth to that.  Does anyone really doubt that if the GOP leadership wasn't terrified of the PR scandal it would cause, that they shut down every federal program that offers health care and medication to people with HIV to those who need it or even those without HIV that need health care assistance for that matter?  The mantra from the right is basically, "You're on your own." 

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 12:06:08 pm »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 12:25:54 pm »
I scored a "10" on the poll you listed, Randy (same as Hillary Clinton)

I think the thing that makes me the most angry with all these mud-slinging political ads is their use of "liberal" as a derogatory term.   Since when did the word "liberal" begin to mean something BAD?

For the definition of "Liberal", Merriam Webster states, in part:

marked by generosity : OPENHANDED <a liberal giver> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal> c : AMPLE, FULL
BROAD-MINDED; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms

I am proud to be called one.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline jack

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 02:38:55 pm »
Winnie Churchill put it best
If you arent a liberal at 20 you dont have a heart
If you arent a conservative at 30 you dont have a brain

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 03:01:33 pm »
Winnie Churchill put it best
If you arent a liberal at 20 you dont have a heart
If you arent a conservative at 30 you dont have a brain

......and if you didn't have HIV your conservative ass wouldn't need us liberal queens at 50. Deliciously ironic, don't ya think?

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 04:28:21 pm »
Um last I checked Jack...
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 02 Nov 2006 at 09:22:42 PM GMT is:

$8,589,907,241,303.53

The estimated population of the United States is 300,130,720
so each citizen's share of this debt is $28,620.55.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$2.42 billion per day since September 29, 2006!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!

And guess what Jack...its your over spending president and Republican congress...sure cut the taxes...which is all well and good...but you have to cut the spending too...this is your party buddy...and all you can do is repeat over and over and over the sam TIRED CRAP that the republican party keeps spewing out.

W's tax cuts are irresponsible...do you hear me?? FISCALLY IRRESPONSIBLE!! Jack, you did this by voting for this smirking chimp...not me!

Jack, just put the koolaid down and come back to reality!

Oh and one more thing Jack...I am not afraid list my source!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline jack

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 07:55:07 pm »
You guys don't get it. Its not the lower tax rates, its the spending. Bushs tax cuts have increased revenue to the government to all time highs. The problem is and has always been the Governments inability  not to cut spending but to cut increases in spending.  There was study a few years back that if we just cut increases in spending to 5% instead of 6% a year(not exact & but the diff was 1%) the budget would be in balance but government would not cut the increase because they retain their power by spending our money.
Bush is not a conservative,he is a big spending government guy just like his father, and the President is the only person who control the out of control congress with a veto of spending bills. Bush has not vetoed one spending bill since 2000.
If you remember in the 90s, the republican controlled congress dragged Clinton kicking and screaming to a balanced budget or the idea of one. Clinton said it couldn't be done,then he said maybe in ten years. Then of course the stock mkt exploded and revenues from capital gains on stock profits made it appear that the budget would be balanced for eternity. But as anyone who has ever had a business(most in congress haven't) knows,every year is different. Congress and Clinton then planned grandiose ways to spend all this new money,which of course evaporated in 1999 as the mkt began its inevitable decline.
Lower tax rates grow the economy and results in more revenues to the government than if the rates had been higher. Democrats refuse to believe this,even though it occurred when JFK,Reagan, and W cut taxes. To recognize this fact would mean the De ms could no longer play their rich are evil card and the rich don't pay enough taxes card. They buy votes of the ignorant masses with that lie and they cant give it up.
The facts are THE TOP 50% of EARNERS PAY 96.6% OF INCOME TAXES AND THE TOP 1% PAY 34.55%.

There are many things about W and Republican party I do not like, but they are far superior to the alternative. Just the fact that Dems have lied now for months calling Bushes surveillance plan,domestic spying,is insane if not traitorous. They are watching calls going to and coming from Terrorists overseas to US. I wish they were watching domestic calls. The Dems voted have voted against every thing Reps and Bush have wanted to fight terrorists. As of this date not one single US citizen has come forward saying rights have been violated. Only known terrorists have and the Dems have defended them.
The terrorists in Cuba prison are not US citizens,yet Dems want them to have all the rights of US citizens. They are enemy combatants.
The Dems refuse to believe that there were terrorists in the world before 911 and Iraq. I have no idea what it will take for them to face reality. Thirty years of appeasement gave us 911. Reagan cut and ran after Beirut slaughter, Clinton treated WTC1 as an act of vandalism, he ignored African embassy attacks,the C ole slaughter, he cut and ran in Somalia and even had mass murderer Arafat as a guest in the White House. We not only emboldened these murderers by our appeasement but we made them hate us more. Their culture looks upon appeasers and cut and runners as people who aren't worthy of life. That's why they want to kill us.

Offline ademas

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 08:19:14 pm »
Jack, you're certifiable.
but I do love reading your rants.
 :D

(and you're right...I just don't get it.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 08:22:26 pm by ademas »

Offline cph9680

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 10:26:39 pm »
Jack
In your last post I think you forgot to mention that jackass got a higher GPA while at Yale

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.