Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:55:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 318
Total: 319

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Re: Deep bleeding wound and contact with positive guy  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Hivfear0000

• Standard
  • Hiv fear. Pls help me.
Re: Deep bleeding wound and contact with positive guy
« on: March 10, 2021, 04:49:00 pm »
Dear experts.
I am a person who is engaging in UFA and martial type of sports officilally and in private.  During the time of fighting with someone in rings, I used to get bleeding wounds and same to the opposite person. I just read all the statements from you people in this forum. But even I am confusing and cannot move forward due to some fearfull thoughts about HIV infection.  From outside environment , I am damm sure it will never infect. But in fight,  Wounded hand or other part of body rubbing and hitting opposite wounds and bleeding. experts says that there is nothing a confirmed report hiv infected case by this way.
But when we punch or rub with a bleeding wound, it will be an air tight circumstance right.? But what is the exact reason it's not to be infected.

Also I know if there is a change in temperature and ph level should damage the virus's outershell as well. When it's come under an airtight closed contact between 2 wounds, how those elements are impact. Is that the reason is it cannot viable to be attach with the specific targeted cell even in an air tight contact situation. ?

Why we says it needs a plenty of infected blood to infect ?  Suppose if few virus could latch on a targeted receptor, isn't it replicate ?  Or any other defence mechanism of our body eliminate the small amount of infected blood containing hiv virus ?

More over,  the infection also occurs through IV drug users through used needle.  I cannot diffrentiate which area of body and where will be the more  targeted cells helps to be infecting.  If any place of our body  injecting through needle  also a risk right. How it is differ from regardless of environment exposure. Because as I mentioned, my question  consist of air tight contact b/w wound to wound.

What is the strong key point I have  to keep in my mind to escape from this fear.?

Kindly help me by considering me as your brother. Just recently only I got this kind of fears and thoughts. I don't have any mental problem. If I get a convinced answer from you, I will perfectly ok. I will definitely indebted to you if someone could  make lead me to escape from this threat.
Dear experts.
I am a person who is engaging in UFA and martial type of sports officilally and in private.  During the time of fighting with someone in rings, I used to get bleeding wounds and same to the opposite person. I just read all the statements from you people in this forum. But even I am confusing and cannot move forward due to some fearfull thoughts about HIV infection.  From outside environment , I am damm sure it will never infect. But in fight,  Wounded hand or other part of body rubbing and hitting opposite wounds and bleeding. experts says that there is nothing a confirmed report hiv infected case by this way.
But when we punch or rub with a bleeding wound, it will be an air tight circumstance right.? But what is the exact reason it's not to be infected.

Offline Hivfear0000

• Standard
  • Hiv fear. Pls help me.
Re: Re: Deep bleeding wound and contact with positive guy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 02:17:23 am »

Dear experts.

Also I know if there is a change in temperature and ph level should damage the virus's outershell as well. When it's come under an airtight closed contact between 2 wounds, how those elements are impact. Is that the reason is it cannot viable to be attach with the specific targeted cell even in an air tight contact situation. ?

Why we says it needs a plenty of infected blood to infect ?  Suppose if few virus could latch on a targeted receptor, isn't it replicate ?  Or any other defence mechanism of our body eliminate the small amount of infected blood containing hiv virus ?

More over,  the infection also occurs through IV drug users through used needle.  I cannot diffrentiate which area of body and where will be the more  targeted cells helps to be infecting.  If any place of our body  injecting through needle  also a risk right. How it is differ from regardless of environment exposure. Because as I mentioned, my question  consist of air tight contact b/w wound to wound.

What is the strong key point I have  to keep in my mind to escape from this fear.?

Kindly help me by considering me as your brother. Just recently only I got this kind of fears and thoughts. I don't have any mental problem. If I get a convinced answer from you, I will perfectly ok. I will definitely indebted to you if someone could  make lead me to escape from this threat.
Dear experts.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:39:56 am »
Hiya.

I am sorry to hear that you have this fear. I also read these questions from you on Monday on another website and their answers.

You already know that HIV is difficult to acquire, even under perfect conditions and that your fears don't meet these conditions.

The barriers were explained, including that once exposed outside the body's confines, the outer protein/receptors (GP120 and GP41) corrode, leaving it unable to infect.  Cuts, minor wounds ect, lack a direct route to the bloodstream, touching each other is far from airtight. As for the cells you mentioned on the other forum and one drop ect, well asides from the above, the quantity is missing as HIV uses brute force for lack of better phase to infect and overcome barriers inside the body like the innate immune system. It's one of many reasons why, even on relatively high-risk exposures like condomless anal sex, infection odds per act are considered small.

the infection also occurs through IV drug users through used needle
Yeah, HIV is stored in a vacuum keeping it temporarily from being exposed and then a quantity of HIV is injected directly into the bloodstream bypassing some of the key barriers and defences.  Now, no matter how hard someone punches you or you kick/punch etc it's totally different from injecting yourself.

Anyhow, that is all we're going to discuss in terms of your questions as it does not help you to fully repeat a similar lengthy discussion with you here that you have already had or answer questions already answered.

There are far more infectious illnesses then HIV, so I'm not sure why your fears focus on HIV.

Now if you can't move past these fears, about hypothetical issues then prehaps consider speaking to someone face to face (covid permitting) to help you cope with these fears. Additionally, and although nothing you mentioned would warrant it from an HIV prevention point of view, prehaps consider talking to your healthcare provided about daily PrEP against HIV as a way of reducing your fears regarding infection.

Finally, although you did not mention any sex, keep the below in mind.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your health care provider about taking PrEP going forward as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 06:18:38 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Hivfear0000

• Standard
  • Hiv fear. Pls help me.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 10:43:33 am »
Dear experts.

Dear experts.

Offline Hivfear0000

• Standard
  • Hiv fear. Pls help me.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 12:19:39 pm »
Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply.
Kindly could you please eloborate below mentioned state.  Sorry to say this. Infact I don't understand it.
"As for the cells you mentioned on the other forum and one drop ect, well asides from the above, the quantity is missing as HIV uses brute force for lack of better phase to infect and overcome barriers inside the body like the innate immune system"

I really do not need any CBT treatment brother. I hope the points "why not infected " it will heal those fearfull thoughts.  Now also, once I read your reply how much far am relaxed you know.?

I am feeling that you are as a brother who hugging me now to mk me relax. If you spend a bit more time for me. I am confident that I will be ok.

One more doubt,

As a daily life, if suppose once we got a  comparitively deep cut and the bleeding has been stopped. The same thing happened to other person ( suppose). After that while we  travelling through crowded bus or train, accidently this 2 wound has hited. So again blood came from both. Pls tell me the risk for this incident too.

Pls do not leave this without answer bro.  Its a humble request. 
Dear experts.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 01:25:43 pm »
Hiya.

Kindly could you please eloborate below mentioned state.  Sorry to say this. Infact I don't understand it.

Okay going back to the questions you had it included this:

Suppose if few virus could latch on a targeted receptor, isn't it replicate ?  Or any other defence mechanism of our body eliminate the small amount of infected blood containing hiv virus ?

I explained that HIV is fragile, exposure outside the human body etc and besides this the quantity is missing as HIV uses brute force for lack of better phase to infect and needs overcome barriers inside the body like the innate immune system.

Trust that's clear.

One more doubt,

As a daily life, if suppose once we got a  comparitively deep cut and the bleeding has been stopped. The same thing happened to other person ( suppose). After that while we  travelling through crowded bus or train, accidently this 2 wound has hited. So again blood came from both. Pls tell me the risk for this incident too.

Pls do not leave this without answer bro.  Its a humble request.

This is the same fear as the first situation just in a different setting.  Anyhow, it's not an HIV concern.

I really do not need any CBT treatment brother. I hope the points "why not infected " it will heal those fearfull thoughts.  Now also, once I read your reply how much far am relaxed you know.?

I did not suggest CBT treatment. What I said was if you can't move past these fears, about hypothetical issues then prehaps consider speaking to someone face to face (covid permitting) to help you cope with these fears. Additionally, and although nothing you mentioned would warrant it from an HIV prevention point of view, prehaps consider talking to your healthcare provided about daily PrEP against HIV as a way of reducing your fears regarding infection.

Look I wish you well but as I said, I'm not going to fully repeat a similar lengthy discussion with you here that you have already had elsewhere or answer questions already answered.

Please don't post about this again as it will lead to a ban out of kindness to encourage you to seek professional support.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 01:18:56 pm »
Final warning!
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 01:42:23 pm »
In all fairness, I warned you three times, banned.

Your last question is just ridiculous btw, go read a biology book on oxygenation.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.