Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:17:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 366
Total: 367

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Arrived in LA..(up date)  (Read 7659 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Arrived in LA..(up date)
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:37:46 pm »
Hi everyone

Arrived in LA a couple of hours ago..only 7.5 hours to go before I head for home...I'm so tired right now so I will find a quiet spot and curl up with a book.
I have read some of the beautiful posts but will wait untilI get home before replying and adding my story.

I had the most incredible time with you all...what an amazing bunch you are...so until I can get on line again please know you are all in my thhoughts.

Hugs
Jan
(who has 7.5 hours to reflect on all the wonderful things that  happened in Montreal.. :D)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:25:36 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: Arrived in LA
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 05:41:15 pm »
Jan,

I do hope you can get some rest there, but in the meantime, thanks for being in the world and doing what the creator designed you to do.  You are simply one of the neatest people on the planet, and I count it a privelege to know you.

Now, beware of those who are dreamers; they just might show up at your door someday.  Hmmmm.

Please enjoy the flight home, and we will be praying for you.

In Love and total appreciation for one of Goddesses' Angels.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
Re: Arrived in LA
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 05:50:30 pm »
Sweetest Jan,

Try to get some rest.
And knwo that there will be many energies around you and with you on that flight.

You are a true gem.

Hermie :-*
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Arrived in LA..(up date)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 10:23:51 pm »
Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know I got home safe and sound about 2 hours ago..my grand-daughter has been strapped to my leg since meeting me at the airport..but as soon as I have rested a bit and prized her off and put her to bed I will post in Calvin's thread about my experiences in Montreal.

Love and miss you all

Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 10:30:36 pm »
I'm so glad you made it safely! Love you lots!  :-*

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 11:02:25 pm »
Dame Jan is home.  We hope that Jen is home too.  Two very special ladies!  Hugs to you both for your long trips.  You are such special ladies.  For ever, Ric and Thom

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 11:06:19 pm »
Whew, OK Jan I can rest easy now knowing that you are home safe and sound.  I hope Jen made it home as well ??

Yes, you have a little reading to catch up on....

Will talk to you soon....

Love,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 12:23:44 am »
Oh, and Jan give Jim a hug from all of us, too.  r&t

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 07:55:13 am »
Good to read you and Jen made it back home safely.

xxxxx

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 08:26:08 am »
Hey Jan...

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and am very pleased you made it home safe and sound.  The strap to your leg part had me in stitches.   Rest up sweetheart and I look forward to reading your post on our little gathering.  You and your friend Janny touched my heart and I'm sending you a big ole {{{ HUG }}}
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Cliff

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 09:09:17 am »
Jan,

I'm glad you guys made it back safe and sound!

Cliff

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 10:28:56 am »
Jan

I'm glad you're home safe and sound, especially after the ordeal you experienced last year!

Seeing you again was something I was looking forward to the most about the Montreal trip.  The days seemed to fly by quickly, but I will cherish the memories of that flurry of activity dearly because of your smiling face and warm generous heart.

Love ya,

RAB

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 11:04:43 am »
Glad you made it back home safe Jan.

You know I love you.

Plse send kisses to Jen as well.

love

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Jody

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 03:16:21 pm »
Jan...Great to hear you made it home safe and sound and Jen as well...You made great sacrifices making such a long trip to see us 2 years running and you are a great lady...Take care and be well.

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.