Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:38:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773291
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 697
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 664
Total: 665

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I need you...  (Read 6476 times)

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
I need you...
« on: December 01, 2006, 11:37:42 pm »
I have been doin' good with my Atripla, workin' out, job stuff (well it has been challenging...) and been even going on dates and disclosing to a partner (safe sex!)...

But I feel exhausted right now, maybe getting sick, COLD weather.  I woke up this morning and tried to finish some work on a deadline and felt like a fog, couldn't focus...  I feel like I have been fighting everywhere.  I feel like everywhere I go there is people, politics and struggles of power... my work, relationships and even here on the forums. 

Here it is in all its infantile honesty-

I am scared.  I feel alone tonight.  Maybe it is Friday night and the end of a long week, but I feel empty and I don't know where I am going.  Tonight my dirty laundry and the dishes in the sink want to swallow me...

Where are we going my friends?  What are we doing?

I wish I could hold your hands.  I wish I could hear your voices.  What do you do when you just don't feel like being strong?

Sorry for being a baby... I know this will pass...
Drew

Offline RobT

Re: I need you...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:41:59 pm »
Drew-
Have u just started ur meds? It sounds just like I was feeling when I began mine. Constantly in a fog and feeling lonely. Keep looking on the bright side, it'll pass. What I did was keep myself busy, I was constantly cleaning. It was a combination of my just beginning  HAART, my OCD, or a combo of the two.

RobT
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:52:44 pm »
Hey Drew,

Robert has a very valid point. Also, due to the current events that have taken place in your life over the past few weeks has been quite a challenge and it is a clear indication for you to slow it down for a little bit and rest to recharge. Yes, rest to recharge.

Andrew...You are your safe place, and you are your safe person. Clear your mind and take some quality time out to focus on you. A good way you can do this would be through an effective meditation.

For more information on this you can PM me.

In the meantime, rest and recharge.

Take care of YOU buddy.

Happy Holidays!

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 12:53:02 am »
You find someone to hug, even if it's virtual.  *HUG*  Tell me when you want me to stop ;)

Offline tryingforhope

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 01:00:51 am »
I am here with you but my dishes are trying to swallow me too!

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 02:56:45 am »
Drew,
Steady as she goes. Take one day at a time, hell one hour if need be. Things will get better. Hang in there!
Positive since 1985

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 03:12:46 am »
Drew
I hope today is a better day for you.
I'm only a pm away if you want to talk.
Healing hugs
Melia
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Longislander

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 03:54:06 am »
I am scared.  I feel alone tonight.  Maybe it is Friday night and the end of a long week, but I feel empty and I don't know where I am going.  Tonight my dirty laundry and the dishes in the sink want to swallow me...

I wish I could hold your hands.  I wish I could hear your voices.  What do you do when you just don't feel like being strong?

Drew, I'm not on meds, but I feel this way every Friday/Saturday night. I usually log in to AM and read the posts. Sometimes there something cute that makes me smile. Sometimes not, and I wonder where all you guys are.

I hope this is fleeting for you, and things feel more normal again come Monday morning.
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline chemistry001

• http://www.mygaydar.com/chemistry001
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 04:48:21 am »
Drew

For me, I went to bed, curled up and had a bloody good cry, I've only cried the once since this roller coaster began but it was needed at that time and when i woke up, i went out and met friends and started to be thankful for the small things that enrich my life.

We all feel like you do, your not alone, but as you said it will pass. Don't feel down about it as its a stage where you will move on from this and come out the other side a more positive person. Just ask for a virtual hug on here and you will find you are smothered.

Chin up, put that smile back on your face and watch the world smile with you  ;)

Much Love
Paul xXx
Diagnosed 01/08/06
CD4-9, VL->500,000, CD4% 1
Started on Sustiva/combivir 22/08/06 changed to kivexa 18/09/06
02/10/06
CD4-50, VL-1496, CD4% 5
04/12/06
CD4-112, VL-125, CD4% 7.5
22/02/07
CD4-121, VL-<50, CD4% 9
29/05/07
CD4-125, VL-71,(re-done 149), CD4% 11
25/09/07
CD4 -231, VL-74, CD4% 15
Cant remember the next few dates
17/01/08  Kaletra and Truvada
CD4 - 281, VL-115
06/03/08
CD4 - 287, VL-178

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 05:26:39 am »
Hi Drew

I just wanted to send you some (((hugs))) from NZ.

Thinking of you
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline gvolts5

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 05:39:39 am »
Let us know what you did.

John

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 06:18:32 am »
Hey Drew. 'Dr.' Win the poet will see if he can 'read' what you have posted since that's what poets do:

I have been doin' good with my Atripla, workin' out, job stuff (well it has been challenging...) and been even going on dates and disclosing to a partner (safe sex!)...  (Ok, so from this I am getting that you feel and should feel that having done all the things that we are 'supposed' to do, from being healthy to taking meds to, that really, really difficult thing, disclosing, you should get a reward for being 'good.'  So would most of us, if we are positive people. But...)

But I feel exhausted right now, maybe getting sick, COLD weather.  I woke up this morning and tried to finish some work on a deadline and felt like a fog, couldn't focus...  I feel like I have been fighting everywhere.  I feel like everywhere I go there is people, politics and struggles of power... my work, relationships and even here on the forums.  (You may be under the unique fog of Sustiva in your Atripla.  There are still days- I have been taking it at night only for years now- that I wake and panic that I took it again in the morning, I can't seem to break out of the drug.  Or wonder whether some of the pills have the drug, hence the side effects, and most of them don't. :) There is the seasonal shift which leads lot's of people to feeling down, the bright lights and cheery faces driving us farther and farther downward.  And, let's face it, we are always struggling, struggling to keep on schedule with meds, to keep up with others.)

Here it is in all its infantile honesty-

I am scared.  I feel alone tonight.  Maybe it is Friday night and the end of a long week, but I feel empty and I don't know where I am going.  Tonight my dirty laundry and the dishes in the sink want to swallow me...  (You are honest here and there is nothing infantile about it.  You are, as many of us are from time to time, scared about what we are reading in posts from others.  Could this be us?  And being alone, especially on a weekend- Friday party- night makes us feel even more alone.  If you feel, as you seem to, that you are doing everything that you are supposed to do, you would also feel that this would give you a sense of direction.  But not so.  Direction is where you want to go.  If you are alone, you can't even bounce this off friends.)

I wish I could hold your hands.  I wish I could hear your voices.  What do you do when you just don't feel like being strong? ( said this, more or less, to someone I am enjoying getting to know in a state far from MA.  I wish that I could, former masseur that I have been, send the power of touch to him, touch him, hold his hands, reconnect him with his body, make him feel whole again.  Not that he is at a point like yours, but because it's a real human need to feel physically connected to another... and not alone.... and not lost.)

Drew

Bottom line?  It will pass, you are right.  And we will all be here for you and the next person in our 'group' who feels like this.  Even if we aren't 'there' at the time, because we are sound asleep in our time zone.  We will be there the next morning.  So know this. So feel this. Win

Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline AtomicA

• that's Famous with an F
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 06:23:50 am »
I went out to the bar in a racy little sleeveless shirt and got bombed. Not the best option of course but sometimes just being in a room full of real people that you have *something* in common with helps.

Odd question, but have you ever tried growing orchids? They don't bark, they don't shit, they require no cleaning and unlike every other houseplant they require enough ongoing care to actually develop a personality (at least in your mind anyway). There are nights where I feel like you and all I can do is water mine and stare at them for hours. They don't change much day by day but when you invest alot of energy into something that requires patience and care for the brief payoff every year when they flower... well it makes the nights when you are alone fell less pointless, almost like you are waiting for something incredible to happen. It's like they give you something to look forward to.

Hang in there... My sustiva fog is just starting to clear and I've been on it for 2 months. it's only been the past week that every little thing did not feel like wading through mollasses.

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 11:13:28 pm »
Thank you everyone.  I listened to music, cried, read (and posted) poems I wrote just before moving to the midwest, took a sleeping pill and slept last night.  I feel better today.

One day at a time...

Thank you for the love and support...

Drew

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 11:20:10 pm »
Drew

Yes, it will.  You needn't apologize sweety. Sending love from New York

Offline jntmax39

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 02:04:33 am »
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY TO YOU ALL HOW GREAT I THINK YOU GUYS ARE.
EVERTIME I COME ON HERE I READ EVERYONES POST AND YOU ALL MOVE ME TO TEARS.
JUST WHEN I START TO THINK THAT THE WORLD AND THE PEOPLE IN IT ARE HEARTLESS YOU ALL PROVE ME WRONG EVERYTIME.
MUCH LOVE
JANET

Offline joemutt

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 04:06:27 am »
When I feel absolutely low
I remember I have at least felt as bad as that before,
and that my fear is most often bigger than what I fear itself,
I think that when you accomplished things and are doing well,
as you tell us in the beginning of your post,
your mind will try to pull you back;
'what if what I accomplished and feel good about isn't for real?'
Anyway Drew, i'm glad you brought it up
because I sometimes feel like this too (though less often)
you could try to befriend the loneliness;
I felt doing manual things like preparing food or do some washing
or taking care of/pampering myself
can take me out of this feeling more quickly than shopping, eating etc.
Hope you had a beautiful weekend.

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 04:27:15 am »
Hey Drew,

I am with you.
You story sounds familiar.

Realising that your present situation isn't going to last may help you.
Writing about it on the Forum may very well do the job.
Ever thought of getting a pet??

As for the meds : YES!YES!YES! They do cause similar moods. If they get too strong talk about it to your doc .
You may need a change or some anti- depressant.

As Joemutt said :
I remember I have at least felt as bad as that before,
and that my fear is most often bigger than what I fear itself,

Drew, I am sending you a "woombly" warm hug of energy. That can travel anywhere through space and some Reiki as well.

Feel the warmth .

Hug
Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 06:05:46 am »
Nothing lasts forever, Drew. Not the highs and not the lows.

It might help to remember that every human being gets their share of both.

(((HUG)))

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 11:31:22 am »
Hey Drew,

Here's another (((((((BIG HUG))))))) from the frigid Colorado Plateau of Northwest New Mexico.

You aren't alone.

HUGS,

Mark

(Who believes you can never have too many hugs.)

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
    • Psychic AwakeningSchool.com
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 01:02:58 pm »
Drew, We need you too!

HUGS HUGS and more HUGS (and anything else you may need to smile and feel better).

No meds for me yet, but with everything going on in my life right now, dishes and laundry always feel like they are going to swallow me up.

Hang in there hon, you'll be fine.  I see you posted you listened to music, other fun stuff, took a pill and got a good night sleep.  I too listen to music and do some meditations when I'm feeling this way.  Always helps.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Love and Light,

Rev. Michael
Part of my story: "Sale Of A Lifetime" POZ December 2003
https://www.poz.com/article/Sale-of-a-Lifetime-752-6797

Started on Truvada and Viramune on 2/15/07

Jan 8, 2007   t-cells 215  Viral Load 10,000  24%
March 26'th  T-cells 306   Viral Load  UNDETECTABLE
June 2007 t-cells 375 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE
August 2007 t-cells 290 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE

Love and Light and Reiki sent your way,
Rev. Michae

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 02:00:19 pm »
"felt like a fog, couldn't focus"

Hugs. work n season aside (which is all valid reasons to feel scared etc) have you considered the Sustiva in Atripla may be affecting your mood?

- matt

Now playing: Ross/ Streisand, No More Tears
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 07:34:01 pm »
You are not a baby.  You are just going through a tough time.  I feel that way at times and it drives me crazy.  It is hard to give advice cause if you are in it, it is hard to did yourself out.  Just try to stay positive and make contact if that helps.  Call on a hot line and talk to someone.  It will help to ease the pain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 07:59:58 pm »
Drew... If I could tell you "go south at the 300ft pine, head north for 3 clicks then when you see the lake head, turn south until  you come to the mouth of the canyon" that this is the way out for you Drew.  Well there really is no map per sa.    Drew,  you know something is up.   You know something aint right.. Your on track my friend...   In the meantime, know many of us are on that same path as you and by no means are you unique to this "feeling"....    Als I can do is ofer you my hand, me pressing against you in a good old fashion hug, and a kiss....  It's gonna clear up sweetie...

Love

Offline northernguy

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 09:22:21 pm »
Hang in there!  You never know when those feelings will sweep over you, but they don't last.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.