Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

<< < (2/20) > >>

LeftyBowler300:
Thanks Jim,

I'm trying to hang in there. I just miss what well feels like.

harleymc:
I'm sorry you are so crook at the moment. It will pass.

This stage of your life will give you a lot of strength in years to come. Any time you have a crisis, you'll look back at this time and say to your self, If I got through April 2017, then nothing is too big a challenge.

Hope you are feeling well soon.

Hito:
Hello Lefty.

I felt the exact same way when I was diagnosed. I wasn't sick like you were, but I am so happy that you are getting the care you need.

I remember be just as scared and helpless. I also remember what it was like to tell my partner at the time. I know it isn't much, but I want to let you know that things do get better and you will be OK.

Once you start treatment you will be surprised how soon it works. I reached undetectable within a month and I know that you will be there soon.

I am still a newbie myself within this community, but you will be OK. One day at a time.

LeftyBowler300:
Thank you Harley and hito for your kind words.

This is a rough battle. I've lost over 12 pounds, down to 5'9 136. I just don't have the desire to eat, and any little food makes me nauseous. And I also know anything I eat right now has to come out the other end...

I'm also facing mental stresses. I look and feel like a walking zombie right now, and I'm embarrassed to be seen in public, especially by people who know me.

If there's anyone out there who's been through worse, your encouraging story would be super helpful right now.

harleymc:
The dreaded squirts, they are just the pits.

I fully empathise with you on that. Hopefully when all the antibiotics cease, your gut can get back to normal.

If you diarrhea is liquid rather than poorly formed I have a suggestion., this sounds counter intuitive but it helped me a bit. Try adding some dietary fibre. It regulates water in the gut.

Try mixing up a live yogurt with some water and fibre, swallow it as fast as you can, it's not real nice, but it may help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version