Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:07:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773299
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 623
Total: 624

Author Topic: Flu and Rash 1 week after  (Read 5909 times)

Offline SeekingHelp88

Flu and Rash 1 week after
« on: August 23, 2016, 04:48:26 am »
A close family member has confided in me his concerns of being infected and I wanted to see what some experienced opinions on this site thought.

1 week ago he had a drunken one-night-stand with an Asian girl (not sure of nationality, potentially Philippines) in China of unknown status.  He has no way of contacting her now.  On the night they had:

- 15-20 seconds unprotected male blowjob
- protected vaginal sex (confirmed the condom did not break)

1 week later and he has flu symptoms with muscle weakness, and developed a light rash on his chest and shoulder.

Because he is not used to one night stands (been in long term relationships his entire life and not cheated) he stands to be paranoid, but is convinced that his symptoms match those of the early stages "HIV flu", as he has never had flu which has led to a rash-like skin reaction before.

(For further reference, he has suffered from auto-immune disorder a year ago, so is concerned this would make him more susceptible to the virus)

My question is, with flu and rash and such coincidental timing, is he at risk?  I've read conflicting reports because ultimately he used protection, but obviously we are concerned.

My other question is what kind of HIV test can he get as early as possible to get a result?  I have heard of RNA tests that can get results from 1 to 2 weeks?  Following that, he will obviously be looking to test every month for 3 months.

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:00:33 am by SeekingHelp88 »

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: Flu and Rash 1 week after
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:38:35 am »
Hi,
First off I moved your post here because we do not do second-party risk assessments
in AM I INFECTED forum for many reasons. Since this rarely happens I will give a short response. Any other posts regarding another persons risks will be delete.
Nothing your friend mentioned to you was risk for HIV.
GETTING a blow job is not a risk nor is protected intercourse, other STIs however are much easier to transmit.

There is much information on transmission , prevention and testing in the links below my signature.  Please take the time to read them .

Best,Wade
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:22:29 am by Wade »
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.