Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:19:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773305
  • Total Topics: 66349
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 596
Total: 597

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Horrible Car Crash...  (Read 3712 times)

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
Horrible Car Crash...
« on: December 02, 2006, 11:48:12 pm »
Today I had a front row seat to a horrible car crash at an intersection on a highway here.  I was waiting at the light when someone ran a red light.  Three cars smashed and flew all over.  Debree and broken glass...  A car horn blaring...  It happened so quickly.  I just sat stunned thinking one of them might come flying at me...  then I jumped out of my car and called 911.  I hope the elderly woman whose front end and rear were smashed to HELL is OK and the air bag that was deployed worked... her image is burned into my heart.

Police and fire trucks and ambulances, lights everywhere...  and I just sat for ten minutes in my car in the middle of the highway, powerless, watching like the guys in the truck in the lane next to me.  Finally I looked behind me and saw everyone had gone around me, so I turned and left.

This reminded my body of rolling my car off the 10 freeway on the way to Phoenix from LA a few years ago...  my second birthday is December 14th... I was fucking lucky to wake up alive.

I crawled out of my car back then, totally crushed roof, all of my belongings spread all over the desert...

The next morning I WAS IN ECTASY to be alive.

I realized 1) I was alive and 2) NOTHING mattered except the people I love.  I felt both thankful and invincible...  I learned that I can walk away from everything with just my life if I have to...

There have been some car crashes on here lately.  Personalities have crashed.  There are always shock waves... and you know it hurts.

I hope we can be careful of each other.  We should care.  Care for ourselves and each other.  How do we manage conflict without BECOMING conflict?  Think of each other...

Drew

Offline Longislander

Re: Horrible Car Crash...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 01:18:50 am »
wow Drew, sorry you had to witness this so closely.

I'm glad you crawled out that car 2 years ago, and that you're here to share with us. I like your posts,you seem so normal (for lack of a better word).
Take care of yourself,
Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 02:13:33 am »
Hey Drew...

That is something to behold right in front of your eyes. A lot to be truly thankful for. Was that you on I-10 in Phoenix? Wow. More thankfulness and blessings.

A lot to be thanful for. I am thankful that you are alright just as well.

Happy Holidays!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 02:54:11 am »

There have been some car crashes on here lately.  Personalities have crashed.  There are always shock waves... and you know it hurts.

I hope we can be careful of each other.  We should care.  Care for ourselves and each other.  How do we manage conflict without BECOMING conflict?  Think of each other...

Drew

Thank you Drew.

Happy Holidays!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 06:00:44 am »
Glad you live to tell us about it, Drew. Car crashes can be quite a shock to the system.

I was involved in one about four years ago, and it's not something you ever forget. I too felt immense gratitude just to be alive after.

By the grace of God I only ended up with a gash to the head, whereas the driver (my date) got a concussion.

As for cyber clashes, I’ve witnessed many in my dozen or so years online. There are people who hop on the Internet and go nuts. Others I think just don’t care to bother with basic manners, or care that other people are on the receiving end of their nonsense.

If everyone who goes online would bother to learn how to operate the Internet it would make for more peaceful co-existence.

"Netiquette" is network etiquette, the do's and don'ts of online communication. Netiquette covers both common courtesy online and the informal "rules of the road" of cyberspace. This page provides links to both summary and detail information about Netiquette for your browsing pleasure.
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 11:21:03 am »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:11:05 pm by Iggy »

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 03:20:59 pm »
Hi Paul, Eldon, Daniel and Iggy  :)

Thanks Paul for your kind words.  I am really far from normal, however age certainly does normalize one... I am happy you are here as well!

Eldon, I don't know how you do it Mr. Goodness!  Thanks!  I am still learning to overcome my pessimism...

Daniel, I too escaped my crash with a small gash to top of the the head (which is scary cuz u can't see it and it bleeds a lot...)  I am thankful you are yer date were OK. 

Iggy, Iggy, Iggy!  I like your point and your post does exactly what you are expressing!  Challenging and disagreeing are important in the notion of a 'forum'.  I guess the crashing analogy comes along when the words become personal attacks or fueled by viciousness.  What is wonderful is when we think through something together, like a global or shared brain...

Luv and support,
Drew

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 04:07:42 pm »
Ill stick to the occasional car crash..  Much easier to repair.. Plus I got insurance with zero deductables..

Offline Eldon

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 07:41:45 pm »
Hey Drew...

Where are those guys from the county with the traffic lights? It is a good thing that the engineers at the automobile plants had considered to implement the airbag. It is truly a life saver. Please DO drive safely and fasten your seat belt.

Happy Holidays!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.