Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:12:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 523
Total: 523

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Chronic Heart Palpitations  (Read 14106 times)

Offline tryingtostay

Chronic Heart Palpitations
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:21:42 pm »
What could this constant condition be from?  Could it be from the inflammation due to HIV?  I also have an upper range of a heart rate.  Usually upper 80's. 

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:24:41 pm by tryingtostay »

Offline roy100

Re: Chronic Heart Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 12:49:29 am »
Vitamin D would make you have palpitations.

Also if you started HIV Drugs very late in your decease ( low CD4) there are probabilities that you might have a heart condition.

Also been anxious and tense would make you have palpitations.

All of the above are probabilities the last Word is with your Doctor.

Greetings
Diagnosed 18Th March 2010
March 30Th VL +100,000 CD4 46
CD8T  575 CD8 %60.6
On Truvada and Kaletra. . Remeron 15mg  and150 mg  wellbutrin xl for depression. Clonazepan 2 mg to sleep. Omeprazole 20  once a day.
July 17 2010 Vl 362 CD4 155, 6.4 %
CD8T suppressors 1482 CD8% 61.1
 Nov 16 2010: V l 937 CD4 188,10%
CD8T Suppresors 997 CD8%55.8
August 15th 2011 Vl UD, less than 40.
CD4:543(26.7%) CD8:887 (43.6 %) Ratio .61
Jan 14th,2012 ,less than 40.
CD4:478 (24.4%) CD8: 962 (49.1%) Ratio.50
June 2012 CD4 599, CD8 856 UD
Oct 2013 CD 702, CD 843 UD Ratio:.87

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 01:25:32 am »
Sorry to hear you're dealing with this so much.  When you say constant, do you mean daily?  I deal with them, too.  However, mine come on now and then--maybe once every two weeks.  Comes on and then goes away.  I did have a stress test and doc thought just anxiety and that all the caffeine doesn't help.

I know most sites say 100 is the upper end of heart rate.  I don't think 80 is considered very high, especially for the average American.  Besides anxiety, I know low potassium to thyroid issues could cause them.  But, it seems most pass them off as something related to anxiety, dehydration, or too much caffeine.  Of course, constant palpitations would be something to see your doc about.  There is always the possibility that something more is at play. 

Have you had this seen about?  If not, that would be a good idea.  Are you stressed and have anxiety issues?  In any event, constant palpitations should be evaluated.  Hope you get some answers and relief.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003081.htm

Offline redrobot

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:21:40 am »
I used to have those. Mine was due to anxiety and stress. I'd have anxiety attacks out of nothing.

Ted is right, caffeine doesn't held. In my experience I found it that it increased the amount of anxiety attacks I had. After I cut down on caffeine my anxiety levels came right down.

Greetings and good luck.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 10:01:49 am »
Chronic as in literally every 5 seconds or so.  From the time I woke up till the time I went to bed and going to bed was a challenge sometimes.  I did find out why and the root of it was from the Omeprazole I've been taking for my stomach problems.  Omeprazole depletes the body and hinders the absorption of magnesium.  After learning about that I looked into the best form of magnesium to take and the side effects of too much and I've settled on 400mg a day along with 100mg of Selenium, 600mg of calcium, and 200mg of B6 all to help the absorption and synthesis into the body.  And the stinging/neuropathy in my hands and feet was also from the stomach medicine.  Omeprazole is bad for people with diabetes.  Caffeine also depletes magnesium and for some people an anti-acid, or proton pump inhibitor it will cause a low level of anxiety in the system.

I was on to the tachycardia about a week ago.  That's some scary stuff. 

It's been 3-4 days since I've taken my last Omeprazole pill with the introduction of the vitamin combination and my symptoms have done a 180.  I use a Glycinate for the magnesium as it curbs lose bowel movements.  I'm not sure how long Omeprazole stays in the system but I've read some people have felt symptoms linger around for 2 weeks to a month.  I don't have the stomach problems as bad as I use to, maybe early hunger pains but that could be due to a higher resting energy expenditure (REE)  Maybe from the recent high heart rate, don't know, hmm.  But if I do have any stomach problems I've been informed and also read that apples will help tremendously. 

If anyone is interested in the links I was reading let me know and I'll post them

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 10:13:08 am »
Have you tried weaning yourself off the vitamins and supplements altogether ?     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 10:20:39 am »
I might try it after my symptoms from the Omeprazole go away but for now my palpitations are 99.9% suppressed with this vitamin regiment I've taken up.  They are a big help.  This present combination of supplements is by far the biggest I've done in a long while.. maybe 2-3 months.  And I'm generally cautiously observant on what when and how much I take.

edit: this morning I only took the magnesium, 200mg.  maybe later on in the evening i'll do another 200 with the rest of the other supplements, depending on how i feel. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:23:32 am by tryingtostay »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 10:46:55 am »
Eat some broccoli and leave the chemicals alone and you might feel better . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 03:12:24 pm »
Eat some broccoli and leave the chemicals alone and you might feel better .

Been there, done that.  I use to get a load of energy simply by eating fresh non steamed brocolli, blue berries, etc, you name it.  Due to my previous job I had to to keep on top.  In the months before my DX I noticed there wasn't the energy that I use to get. 

Seems my palpitations have returned with a tightness in my chest. 

Can anyone tell me if you have these symptoms or is it just me?  I'm fucking gettin dizzy when I get up sometimes, too.

How can people on meds not have the same issues?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:15:42 pm by tryingtostay »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 03:15:30 pm »
It sounds like panic attacks and anxiety .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 03:16:27 pm »
It sounds like panic attacks and anxiety .

Anxiety attacks are early signs of heart issues from what I've read.  The tightness in my chest is something new.  If this gets any worse which it seems it is I think I am headed for a heart attack

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 03:18:45 pm »
Anxiety attacks are early signs of heart issues from what I've read.  The tightness in my chest is something new. 

Then you better get to the emergency room if you think its your heart .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 03:20:11 pm »
Then you better get to the emergency room if you think its your heart .

I agree with you but I have no insurance. 

You are a LTS, have you ever had any heart troubles like palpitations, tightness in chest, etc?

So many people on this board and it seems no one is having heart issues

Offline zach

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 03:22:19 pm »
kind of agree with jeff, sounds more like anxiety attack, ever had problems with mental health before? willing to entertain the idea you may have some now? i have wicked low pressure, and get palpitations every few days, sometimes pretty alarming. and i've also had bipolar/anxiety issues far longer than hiv. a good anxiety attack will fek with you pretty hard

what sorts of meds drugs you on? not judging, but for a long time after i quit blowing coke my heart was jumpy

really man, get to a doctor on this one. have a blood pressure machine? i keep a log of mine twice a day. helps out the doctors. most heart issues are fairly straightforward to dx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:51 pm »
I agree with you but I have no insurance. 

You are a LTS, have you ever had any heart troubles like palpitations, tightness in chest, etc?

So many people on this board and it seems no one is having heart issues

No I haven't ever had that and your condition has nothing to do with HIV so you better go see a doc about it . We cant diagnose you over the internet .

If you do not have insurance how are seeing a doctor about your HIV . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 03:40:37 pm »
kind of agree with jeff, sounds more like anxiety attack, ever had problems with mental health before? willing to entertain the idea you may have some now? i have wicked low pressure, and get palpitations every few days, sometimes pretty alarming. and i've also had bipolar/anxiety issues far longer than hiv. a good anxiety attack will fek with you pretty hard

what sorts of meds drugs you on? not judging, but for a long time after i quit blowing coke my heart was jumpy

really man, get to a doctor on this one. have a blood pressure machine? i keep a log of mine twice a day. helps out the doctors. most heart issues are fairly straightforward to dx

I hope it just is Anxiety.  Trouble is I can't get to my doctor and have him investigate more.  He seems to not be listening about those issues ...  Just a little depression that started creeping up about a year ago but nothing that some Vitamin D3 couldn't help adjust.  I know I have seasonal depression from the lack of sunlight.  I did agree to go see a mental health doc but that hasn't been scheduled yet.  Waiting for my GI check in July - so far away :( 

I was on Omeprazole but that made the palpitations chronic, I mean literally every 5-10 seconds big palpitations.  On my right hand.  I stopped that after learning that the Omeprazole could give heart palpitations.  About a week since taking it last.  I had to get on some Magnesium to normal out my rhythm.  That helped for a few days and I started weening off of it and now the palpitations seem to come back.  I don't do any drugs although I've tried a very very little bit of blow less than 6 months ago... never do that crap again, no offense.  ...before my dx

I think maybe you are right.  My next appointment is this coming Wed but if it gets worse over the weekend I might schedule for asap.

I don't have a bp machine.  Where could I get one?  Costco?

Offline zach

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 03:45:01 pm »
whats your deal with taking so much vit d? you've brought it up in a few threads now about various issues you're feeling

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 03:53:43 pm »
No I haven't ever had that and your condition has nothing to do with HIV so you better go see a doc about it . We cant diagnose you over the internet .

If you do not have insurance how are seeing a doctor about your HIV .

It's funded somehow.  All I knew is I had a choice where to go after my Western Blot test.  The person who I initially had the antibody test also helped me get to where I am at now.  If I ever end up having to take meds I think the Ryan White Foundation would help but as far as the clinic where I go I am not 100% sure how that works.  The county in which I am in has over 18000 reported cases of HIV infection and somehow the county gets federal aid.  As far as my previous family doctor I have no insurance for him. 

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 03:56:30 pm »
whats your deal with taking so much vit d? you've brought it up in a few threads now about various issues you're feeling

I use to take it for depression and it works.  Some people don't notice a difference when taking it, I could.  I don't take vitamins like I think people think I do, anymore. 

Getting back on course with the palpitations, I want to thank you guys for the encouragement.  It is concerning.  I wonder where they are coming from and why.  I hope to find out soon.   

edit:  How are you guys doing?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:04:50 pm by tryingtostay »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 04:04:27 pm »
Anxiety attacks are early signs of heart issues from what I've read. 

Uh, I don't think so. Where are you reading this? I've had anxiety disorder since 2000 and I passed all my cardiology tests a couple of years ago.

Why are you back with this issue a week later -- go to a doctor. You say you don't have any insurance but then describe things where you are going to a doctor. Sounds like you're making excuses for dealing with this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:07:12 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 04:18:43 pm »
I sincerely hope you do not think I am being to rough with you but its time for a little tough love . I or ( we ) do not want to play guess whats wrong with you because although I think its anxiety and mental health issues that are making you sick how could I possibly really know .

Which ever is making you sick is significant and needs attention be it an undiagnosed illness, mental or otherwise . If you are sick and as bad off as you seem to be then you need to seek medical attention right now . Since you have no insurance just go to the emergency room, they can not turn you away for lack of payment . Its no different than the healthcare you are getting through state and federal funding already so not going to the doctor is an excuse and not a valid reason .

You are welcome to come here and vent and post away but we can not shed light on what your condition is, only a medical doctor can do that . If you are sick as you claim to be then it would be a disservice to you to engage in casually discussing your undiagnosed symptoms ... especially since we know its not HIV making you sick .

I hope you get the help you need because you seem really miserable and life is far to short to live that way .   
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:23:34 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 04:22:40 pm »
Uh, I don't think so. Where are you reading this? I've had anxiety disorder since 2000 and I passed all my cardiology tests a couple of years ago.

Why are you back with this issue a week later -- go to a doctor.

Dr Oz for one.  I've seen this on multiple sights.  One of the best cardiology departments in the world even mentions anxiety related in heart conditions like palpitations that could be a sign of a serious issue.  And to add to it I am constantly dizzy, which is also mentioned. The Cleveland Clinic

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »
Dr Oz for one.  I've seen this on multiple sights.  One of the best cardiology departments in the world even mentions anxiety related in heart conditions like palpitations that could be a sign of a serious issue.  And to add to it I am constantly dizzy, which is also mentioned. The Cleveland Clinic

Then get off the internet and GO SEE A DOCTOR. We can't help you online, you need to see someone face-to-face. No one can diagnose you over the internet and you cannot diagnose yourself either. Quit playing doctor with yourself!!!!

As Jeff said:

If you are sick and as bad off as you seem to be then you need to seek medical attention right now.

Since you have no insurance just go to the emergency room, they can not turn you away for lack of payment.

Its no different than the healthcare you are getting through state and federal funding already so not going to the doctor is an excuse and not a valid reason .

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 04:44:52 pm »
I sincerely hope you do not think I am being to rough with you but its time for a little tough love . I or ( we ) do not want to play guess whats wrong with you because although I think its anxiety and mental health issues that are making you sick how could I possibly really know .

Which ever is making you sick is significant and needs attention be it an undiagnosed illness, mental or otherwise . If you are sick and as bad off as you seem to be then you need to seek medical attention right now . Since you have no insurance just go to the emergency room, they can not turn you away for lack of payment . Its no different than the healthcare you are getting through state and federal funding already so not going to the doctor is an excuse and not a valid reason .

You are welcome to come here and vent and post away but we can not shed light on what your condition is, only a medical doctor can do that . If you are sick as you claim to be then it would be a disservice to you to engage in casually discussing your undiagnosed symptoms ... especially since we know its not HIV making you sick .

I hope you get the help you need because you seem really miserable and life is far to short to live that way .   

No I don't take any offense to any of the responses when i am trying to figure out if this is HIV related or not and I seem to be finding out.  I hope to get to the bottom of this.  I really appreciate talking with everyone here and their input.  It's a sounding board and sometimes I can be unaware of how I am and this helps.  I know not everything is HIV related that's why I've asked if these palpitations are from it so I can rule it out.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 04:47:42 pm »
I know not everything is HIV related that's why I've asked if these palpitations are from it so I can rule it out.

YOU cannot rule anything in or out. YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR.

GO. SEE. A. DOCTOR.

You're going to feel pretty silly if you ignore us and don't go to an ER and you wake up dead tomorrow morning. Just sayin.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 05:17:24 pm »
No I don't take any offense to any of the responses when i am trying to figure out if this is HIV related or not and I seem to be finding out.  I hope to get to the bottom of this.  I really appreciate talking with everyone here and their input.  It's a sounding board and sometimes I can be unaware of how I am and this helps.  I know not everything is HIV related that's why I've asked if these palpitations are from it so I can rule it out.

I suggest you see a doctor, because I've had heart problems since becoming poz and I can think of a few things that could be causing your symptoms.  The first would be blood pressure, because you get dizzy when you rise quickly.  I also would check for any heart enlargement (cardiomyopathy).  You also need to list every thing you take daily and review that with your doctor.  The amount of supplements you are taking are excessive and you can really screw up various bodily functions by messing with chemical balances in the body.

While anxiety may have a role here, I would start with the obvious.  You need to get off all the supplements, so your body can adjust and then see if these issues continue.  Until then, you better see a doctor to find out what is happening now, because palpitations are a dire warning, with no history of heart issues.

Joe

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 06:05:41 pm »
..... and you wake up dead tomorrow morning.

If he somehow manages to accomplish that feat...he'll be the third .....to ever.....rise from the dead   ;)

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »
If he somehow manages to accomplish that feat...he'll be the third .....to ever.....rise from the dead   ;)

Zoooombies!  hah :)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 06:56:25 am »
I have had 3 Heart attacks and trust me you are in NO DOUBT THAT YOU NEED HELP, you do not wonder about it , consider it , you get help and readjust your previous imagined pain tolerance thresholds.

I understand your wanting to find out , help yourself with vit regimes but it does read to me anxiety , have you ever learned some breathing techniques to relax? cost effective intervention .

Get the all clear from the Doc and learn some body relaxation techniques my friend.

BTW The US and North Euro have the most expensive wee wee .
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 07:59:08 am »
YOU cannot rule anything in or out. YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR.

GO. SEE. A. DOCTOR.

You're going to feel pretty silly if you ignore us and don't go to an ER and you wake up dead tomorrow morning. Just sayin.

I've been informing my doctor about it the past week week n a half.  I will schedule an immediate appointment.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 08:01:08 am »
I suggest you see a doctor, because I've had heart problems since becoming poz and I can think of a few things that could be causing your symptoms.  The first would be blood pressure, because you get dizzy when you rise quickly.  I also would check for any heart enlargement (cardiomyopathy).  You also need to list every thing you take daily and review that with your doctor.  The amount of supplements you are taking are excessive and you can really screw up various bodily functions by messing with chemical balances in the body.

While anxiety may have a role here, I would start with the obvious.  You need to get off all the supplements, so your body can adjust and then see if these issues continue.  Until then, you better see a doctor to find out what is happening now, because palpitations are a dire warning, with no history of heart issues.

Joe

Thank you, Joe.  Going to find out as soon as I can about what's going on.  I hope my doctor will listen to me and give me a referral. 

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 08:07:58 am »
I have had 3 Heart attacks and trust me you are in NO DOUBT THAT YOU NEED HELP, you do not wonder about it , consider it , you get help and readjust your previous imagined pain tolerance thresholds.

I understand your wanting to find out , help yourself with vit regimes but it does read to me anxiety , have you ever learned some breathing techniques to relax? cost effective intervention .

Get the all clear from the Doc and learn some body relaxation techniques my friend.

BTW The US and North Euro have the most expensive wee wee .

The palpitations have slowed down from chronic to mainly about 10-20 minutes after I eat and they persist for a while like 3-4 hours.  Before when I was taking the upper GI medicine Omeprazole the palpitations were chronic like every 5-10 seconds the entire day.. that lasted 3-4 days until I learned it was the Omeprazole and stopped taking it. 

If my doc doesn't listen to me I will go to another place where health care is offered for people in my case and get a second opinion.  I've already asked my case worker about where I could go to see another doctor. 

Thanks for your reply, Theyer

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 08:31:10 am »
Why are you so resistant to going to an emergency room if this is of such chronic concern as exhibited in this now week old thread?

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 11:20:39 am »
Why are you so resistant to going to an emergency room if this is of such chronic concern as exhibited in this now week old thread?

Because I have no insurance and currently no income. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 11:57:05 am »

Sounds like you should be on Medicaid. They'd treat you at ER anyway.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 02:41:08 pm »

How are you getting by day-to-day?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline zach

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 02:41:27 pm »
where do you get hiv care at? some sort of ASO? do you have a case manager? if so, talk to them about this. get help, an advocate, getting on the assistance you need. DONT be too proud to ask for help, for whatever need. you'll end up where i was, in a fkn hospital bed. medicaid and such are cumbersome to get plugged into, but once the beast is rolling its pretty smooth

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 06:58:52 pm »
This is not an interrogation, we are trying to clarify so we can help , you have established certain patterns try to leave them alone now . Check the Medicare status MissP outlines, Zach has shared Part off his eventual success with Medi-care if there are other issues re your status others in the Past have disclosed without comeback.

Most important off all if your current Palpitations increase in severity get to an ER.

And please follow what MissP and Zach have said get into the system.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:01:07 pm by Theyer »
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 08:12:37 pm »
Sounds like you should be on Medicaid.

My case worker tried that at the very start and I didn't qualify.

I don't know exactly how I am being cared for, but I am thankful I am at least being routinely checked out.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 08:18:41 pm »
How are you getting by day-to-day?

My first blood test my VL was 87, the last test, a few weeks ago, I was <20/undetectable.  The testing for the right meds can't be done reliably for anything below 500, from what I hear.  So that's where I am at.  No meds but with this palpitation, and dizziness problem. 

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 08:27:14 pm »
where do you get hiv care at? some sort of ASO? do you have a case manager? if so, talk to them about this. get help, an advocate, getting on the assistance you need. DONT be too proud to ask for help, for whatever need. you'll end up where i was, in a fkn hospital bed. medicaid and such are cumbersome to get plugged into, but once the beast is rolling its pretty smooth

The major city where I live close to gets federal funding for HIV health care.  I think a few surrounding counties are included.  I do have a case manager.  I called her the next morning after I vomited because the palpitations started almost as soon as I got up.  That was a few days ago.  I finally heard back from her and my doctor today.  I have an appointment this Wed. for my Doctor, and she's trying to get me a sooner date for the GI doctor. 

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 08:38:18 pm »
This is not an interrogation, we are trying to clarify so we can help , you have established certain patterns try to leave them alone now . Check the Medicare status MissP outlines, Zach has shared Part off his eventual success with Medi-care if there are other issues re your status others in the Past have disclosed without comeback.

Most important off all if your current Palpitations increase in severity get to an ER.

And please follow what MissP and Zach have said get into the system.

Seems they are still around but not as chronic.  I can't imagine what will come of this.  I hope there is an obvious link to this.  I want to live and get old.  Hopefully late 80's early 90's but it seems this is a daily challenge.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.