Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:03:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 513
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 447
Total: 447

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How I loathe school and going to class  (Read 4121 times)

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
How I loathe school and going to class
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:45:19 am »
Feel like skipping classes on the second day of term, not a good sign. Lying here listening to "Chasing Cars."

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: How I loathe school and going to class
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:49:58 am »
I would LOVE that opportunity again!  YOu dont realize you are in the best part of your life.  I'd go back to school in a heartbeat!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline CalvinC

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 09:39:37 pm »

Jay, the teacher here is going to scold you on this one! School IS what you make it. Especially in grad classes; since so much depends on student participation in these classes, if one doesn't like the way things are going, one can always speak up and change the direction of discussion, if not the class.

Take the apple to the teacher, and no cookies for you! :o

Offline CalvinC

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 09:41:19 pm »

But that is a very beautiful song, it expresses some often hackneyed sentiments in a fresh way. Who is the singer?

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:07:13 pm »
I go back to highschool on Monday.

I'm DYING to go back. I miss having focus. Summer is rough for me because it's always just time that I feel like I'm wasting. I dunno how to relax, so yeah. xP.

So, pretty much, just try and feel like you're accomplishing something by being there. :3

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:31:16 pm »
By way of explanation: It's just that I'm classroomed-out. I'm 33, not an 18-year-old freshman, eager for redbrick and ivy walls. After college, I did three years of grad school, and now again... (I'm at this school more for convenience -- the space and time and leisure to write -- than anything else.) I compensate for my frustrations by being a big bully in the classroom and getting my peers drunk at parties. Or I take a Xanax before class and zone out. :o

No cookies for me, I have been bad. But Andrew, when are you going to lift the cookie ban. My dog may bite you. No apple for teacher, but wine to the pot-luck. The group singing "Chasing Cars" is Snow Patrol. It was played on the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy." Loved it.

Mouse, I'm happy that you're excited about school starting.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline rpiovarchy

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 12:26:14 am »
Class started for me tonight.  I am always so excited at the beginning of the semester.  Nice new pens and notebooks everything fresh.  It was all going so smooth until I dropped by the financial aid office to check on my loans only to find out that for some reason they are delayed.  UGGH!!!  Oh well. 

Offline CalvinC

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 07:52:13 am »

No cookies for me, I have been bad. But Andrew, when are you going to lift the cookie ban. My dog may bite you. No apple for teacher, but wine to the pot-luck.

Hmmmm ....."My dog".... I suppose it is a fait accompli then? Please do not feed it cookies (which should be easy since you have none in the house).

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 09:48:37 am »
Hey lyd.  I got it now.  Im 33 as well, and you couldn't pay me to go to school at this age!  LOL  Next time I will do more homework on who im posting about!

Now.... skip that class and pass the bong!

Seriously when I was in college we made a 7 foot tall bong out of carpet tubing 6" wide that we named THE BITCH, you actually had to use a shop vac to pull the chamber full of smoke!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh those were the days.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.