Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:30:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 621
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Oral with HIV girlfriend  (Read 18097 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Oral with HIV girlfriend
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2019, 04:01:22 am »
1 & 2 - No
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2019, 04:05:49 am »
BTW Why was someone sticking a needle in you hair?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cjdog100

• Standard
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2023, 04:40:43 am »
Been years since I last been in this page. I had sexual intercourse with my friend we have past history ( post from 2019). I had insertive vaginal sex without a condom in the heat of the moment.  She shown me her tested results which she was undetectable in April at the time. Fast forward I’ve been having a burning sensation on my arm, legs, and etc. Plus a rash only on the inside of my elbow ( both). She told me it must be from working out in 100 degrees weather and I been dehydrated badly. Im taking full panel test today which would be 28 days from last sexual encounter. My two questions would be would my test be a decent indicator or am I testing to soon? Is it possible for her to have a blip ( she had a virus around the time) that could’ve make her transmissible during our encounter. Encounter was June 21st

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2023, 05:15:04 am »
Hiya,

If they have had a suppressed viral load (below 200 copies) for six+ months, and have continued to take their meds; they can not pass on HIV sexually.  https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=71864.0

Is it possible for her to have a blip ( she had a virus around the time) that could’ve make her transmissible during our encounter.

UD doesn't mean zero copies and having a suppressed viral load it isn't a straight line. Intermittent/transient blips happen in bloodwork all the time for PLHIV, including defective HIV copies released from the viral reservoir that you could argue are incorrectly counted; intermittent/transient blips are not an issue and will not result in HIV being passed on sexually.

In short, if they had a suppressed viral load (below 200 copies) for the six+ months required, the realistic issue would be if they stopped taking their meds or are taking them haphazardly.

I had insertive vaginal sex without a condom

To confirm your HIV status, test at six weeks post potential exposure with a blood-draw (lab) HIV antibody test. The result at this time will rarely change, and retesting at three months generally isn't needed.

I’ve been having a burning sensation on my arm, legs, and etc. Plus a rash only on the inside of my elbow ( both).

See your healthcare provider and treat it instead of stressing about it.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cjdog100

• Standard
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2023, 06:11:01 am »
Ok, thank you for the info. Few more questions so June 21st wasn’t true it was actually June 16th. So I got test on the 18th by the Duo 4th generation( 32 days after exposure)…. Would this be a good indicator for negative results ? Also one of the health people I was talking to had me take the RNA test on the 1st of August to have a confirmed result. The symptoms I experienced wouldn’t relate to HIV ( would you mind explaining)?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 06:17:29 am by cjdog100 »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2023, 06:28:05 am »
The symptoms I experienced wouldn’t relate to HIV ( would you mind explaining)?

?

Not sure what you want me to explain.

The symptoms were not caused by HIV but by something else, and the last time you posted, I, therefore, recommended that you see your healthcare provider and treat it instead of stressing about it.

As for testing, I already answered this in my previous post.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2023, 06:35:29 am »
If you don't trust your friend to take their meds and are going to panic and test each time you have sex with them, then maybe it's not a good fit for you. Stop having sex with them and find someone else. 

I hope you are not bothering your friend with your concerns, as that would not be healthy mentally/emotionally for them.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cjdog100

• Standard
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2023, 06:53:53 am »
I had a talk with her soon as I noticed the rash. We had a sit down talk and came to an understanding

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2023, 06:58:22 am »
Okay. Well, I hope you can stop stressing.

Best, Jim.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cjdog100

• Standard
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2023, 07:39:42 am »
Thanks Jim….I think this was be my last question about the RNA test. I was told im out of the window period for it and the result I would get back would be a conclusive result(sensitivity)would that be the case? June16th -Aug1?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2023, 07:42:58 am »
You don't need an RNA test, and I am not recommending it for screening post-potential exposure or going to speculate on the results.

As for testing, I already answered this in my previous post.

To confirm your HIV status, test at six weeks post potential exposure with a blood-draw (lab) HIV antibody test. The result at this time will rarely change, and retesting at three months generally isn't needed.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cjdog100

• Standard
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2023, 09:31:51 am »
I already paid for it….mind telling me why you don’t recommend it for post exposure. Also I have little bumps on both hands and a purplish rash on my hand. Is that not something related to HIV? It happens 2 weeks after my encounter but I also work in the sun all day. I already went to the hospital to get myself looked at and they just told me to get some OTC meds.Because it not rash that’s spreading all over my body. I’m honestly using this form instead of going to her panicking.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2023, 10:37:42 am »
Also I have little bumps on both hands and a purplish rash on my hand. Is that not something related to HIV?

See your healthcare provider and treat it. Its nothing to do with your HIV status.

I already went to the hospital to get myself looked at and they just told me to get some OTC meds.Because it not rash that’s spreading all over my body.

If it's not getting better, go back to your healthcare provider.

I’m honestly using this form instead of going to her panicking.

I'm not a therapist, and I presume with "she" you mean the women you had sex with. Well, it's good you are not bothering her with your fears/problems.

You had sex, and if she takes her meds and was UD for 6+ months, it was Zero HIV risk to you.

I already paid for it….mind telling me why you don’t recommend it for post exposure

Mainly because it's a waste of resources and money and they tend to run an HIV1 RNA test (worse would be an HIV DNA test) and miss to test for HIV2, false results etc.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 10:42:04 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2023, 10:48:53 am »
This is what I recommend:

1) Don't sleep with her again! You clearly can't handle being physical with PLHIV, and the stress it causes you and others isn't worth it.

2) Consider talking to a therapist, prehaps that will help you with these fears, and maybe someday you will be more comfortable being physical with someone living with HIV.

3) Control yourself and start using condoms correctly and consistently. Consider PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention and for peace of mind.

4) If I believe that the woman is taking her meds and has been UD for 6+ months, there was zero HIV risk to you. However, I can't confirm that, so as it's been more than six weeks since the encounter, get an antibody HIV lab test; it's relatively cheap and easy, and then put this behind you.

Don't post about this again; thank you!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 10:59:25 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.