Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 246
Total: 246

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Congratulations to Michael Sam and the St Louis Rams  (Read 9834 times)

Offline buginme2

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline vertigo

Re: Congratulations to Michael Sam and the St Louis Rams
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:24:45 am »
That's cool that they drafted him, and I hope he does well.

However, the Rams will still probably be the worst team in the NFC West.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 03:50:14 pm »
Clutch the rosary!!!  He kissed his BF on ESPN and kids were watching.  The HORROR! The pure innocent young. FLAUNTING IT! The indignity of it all.  My eyeballs are seared. Souls are at RISK.

Read the bible folks because #knowledge - that's all i'm saying.....

http://gawker.com/former-nfl-running-back-derrick-ward-goes-off-on-twitte-1574721254

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 04:35:14 pm »
Next thing you know there will be gay figure skaters and ice dancers and then god knows what else ... maybe even interior designers .

I have a problem for years with the gays trying to date me . I once dated and lived with a gay guy for over 10 years when I was going trough my experimental phase .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 05:11:39 pm »
I don't hate gays but why do they have to push their chosen lifestyle in my face. I find it oppressive, and it goes against God's will.  How come they get rights but mine are denied? 

Sam's going to be in that locker room making everyone uncomfortable. Now how's the team going to be able to play and be strong on the field?

And I don't know if I can bring my children to the games. What if they ask questions? What if they show the bf on on the Jumbotron?

The gays should stay in their own sports like always - gymnastics and skating and ballerina dancing and such. I mean there you expect some tutti fruits. Ok they gay have soccer its kinda gay already but do they have to ruin football?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 05:35:43 pm »
This whole affair will lead to tight end jokes .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »
Congratulations to Michael Sam!   :) :D ;D

Clutch the rosary!!!  He kissed his BF on ESPN and kids were watching.  The HORROR! The pure innocent young. FLAUNTING IT! The indignity of it all.  My eyeballs are seared. Souls are at RISK.

Read the bible folks because #knowledge - that's all i'm saying.....

http://gawker.com/former-nfl-running-back-derrick-ward-goes-off-on-twitte-1574721254

And speaking of "Clutching the Rosary", the following story appeared today on the front page of The Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/a-modern-pope-gets-old-school-on-the-devil/2014/05/10/f56a9354-1b93-4662-abbb-d877e49f15ea_story.html

I went WTF!?! when I got to the part about the Priest sitting on a plane next to a growling demon possessed (his assessment) chocolate candy throwing lesbian. 

Referenced excerpt:

During the conference, the Rev. Cesar Truqui, an exorcist based in Switzerland, recounted one experience he had aboard a Swissair flight.

“Two lesbians,” he said, had sat behind him on the plane. Soon afterward, he said, he felt Satan’s presence. As he silently sought to repel the evil spirit through prayer, one of the women, he said, began growling demonically and threw chocolates at his head.

Asked how he knew the woman was possessed, he said that “once you hear a Satanic growl, you never forget it. It’s like smelling Margherita pizza for the first time. It’s something you never forget.”

:o ??? ::) :P
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:37:46 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 07:37:21 pm »
I don't know for sure but a gassy lesbian could possibly make sounds like a satanic growl so its probably the tex mex special and not the devil .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 07:41:37 pm »
I don't know for sure but a gassy lesbian could possibly make sounds like a satanic growl so its probably the tex mex special and not the devil .

;D ;D

Also, I wonder how would he know the women were Lesbians?  Did he have his Gaydar set to high? 

:D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 07:44:32 pm »
;D ;D

Also, I wonder how would he know the women were Lesbians?  Did he have his Gaydar set to high? 

:D

Maybe it was the doc martins . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:39:50 pm »
I have read some of the comments about the kiss.  A heterosexual couple kisses and it is just natural affection.  A gay couple does it and they are making a political statement or flaunting.  I've noticed a key phrase so many (especially men) use--"Why do gays feel the need to force their sexuality down our throats?"  I've seen that countless times.  A good psychologist could elaborate on the meaning of that choice of phrase. 

I try to remind myself to stop reading comment sections, first of all.  And, that they don't necessarily represent the population at large.  It's just like with anything.  People with a negative view are more likely to comment on this issue to how nice a hotel or product is.  Those with positive views are much less likely to make their views known. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »
Teddy ... folks are still in the frame of mind that to grant us our rights or equality means to deny them theirs . We just need to cheerfully keep doing what we are doing and that's living and loving out in the open as we should, without shame .

Its so fucked up when you read reply's from people who are bewildered and butt hurt trying desperately to turn it around that they are the injured party because we have the gall to fight back and seek legal recourse to realize our civil rights ...  but I have said all along we will get what we desire in court and they will have to learn to live with .

In the end its not important what some homophobe with a internet connection says about us because the tide has turned in our favor . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 04:54:53 am »
I suspect (more like fear) there might be something to demonic possession or free-floating evil, whatnot.  Odd, because I'm not particularly of faith. 
I also believe a little bit that people can radiate some sort of vibe or energy and occasionally his can provoke violent collisions with other peoples' vibe.  So maybe that priest and supposed lesbians were on radically different vibrations that were in conflict? 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 08:03:23 am »
I suspect (more like fear) there might be something to demonic possession or free-floating evil, whatnot.  Odd, because I'm not particularly of faith. 
I also believe a little bit that people can radiate some sort of vibe or energy and occasionally his can provoke violent collisions with other peoples' vibe.  So maybe that priest and supposed lesbians were on radically different vibrations that were in conflict? 

I dunno Mecch . I just assumed priest and lesbians use the same vibrators . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 08:54:37 am »
I dunno Mecch . I just assumed priest and lesbians use the same vibrators .

Though the lesbians have the manners to wash them before giving them back for the Priest,s turn
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 10:20:27 pm »
A funny video about how to talk to your kids about Michael Sam. 

http://youtu.be/pZL0vwWCaSQ

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 09:04:19 am »
Video removed...  :(

Offline mecch

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 03:20:51 pm »
http://gawker.com/watch-a-morning-show-host-lose-her-shit-over-the-michae-1576350262

4 Texas ladies doing their talk show and one "storms off set" cause she doesn't want children to see such things, gays FORCING IT in our faces.... But gets angry because feels her colleagues are painting her as a homophobe.

But also funny is that the "liberal" one (Kerr) who supports the kiss and Sam, says around the 6 minute mark, a few times the ESPN clip is a wonderful opportunity for Sam to "come out as a Black man" !!  and she doubles down and says "come out as a proud black man, and a gay man, and he's a black gay man kissing his white boyfriend and and and and" 

Its all so dire all around......   

Offline mecch

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »
What a relief it must be to come out as a black man....

Come to think of it, wasn't there a similar discussion about this confusion of terms related to another story, in recent years?

What sort of white bubble do white people live in where even the liberal ones think that people of color have "coming outs" ????

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 03:37:26 pm »
Oh, and he has a reality show for Oprah:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/14/michael-sam-reality-show/

Hmmm.... Can't blame him for wanting to cash in, will surely help his pocketbook... But may not help him blend into his team.  And if he fizzles as a player or gets cut before he even makes it.... That would be kinda doubly sad to any viewer who watches the whole process on "reality tv".  No?

Offline vertigo

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 03:47:37 pm »
4 Texas ladies doing their talk show and one "storms off set" cause she doesn't want children to see such things, gays FORCING IT in our faces.... But gets angry because feels her colleagues are painting her as a homophobe.

Uggh ... Texas ... Bible Belt.

I know a few gays who have moved to Dallas and love it, but that state isn't for me.  I was in Beaumont a few years ago and there was a giant stone tablet of the Ten Commandments outside my hotel lobby.  If we're going to talk about having things shoved in our faces, how about religion?

It seems to me that the only people in the US who are still really worked up over gays are either very old or very religious.  I work with a lot of average conservative republicans and they don't get much worked up over the gays anymore.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 09:01:25 pm »
I admit completely underestimated how big a deal it is for there to be a gay football player. And the kiss! Some people are completely freaking out.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 11:12:09 pm »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:08 pm »
Oh, and he has a reality show for Oprah:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/14/michael-sam-reality-show/

Hmmm.... Can't blame him for wanting to cash in, will surely help his pocketbook... But may not help him blend into his team.  And if he fizzles as a player or gets cut before he even makes it.... That would be kinda doubly sad to any viewer who watches the whole process on "reality tv".  No?

I've already seen so many comments that he just wants attention.  And, then people making a comparison to Tim Tebow and how he wasn't able to "flaunt" his Christianity.  I seem to remember Tim did it quite successfully.  I've also seen people asking why this military veteran, who was apparently drafted, didn't get any attention. 

Then, conservatives have been circulating some article about gays saying their sex life is nobody's business, but we want to "flaunt" it, so we want it both ways.  I don't remember Sam saying it was nobody's business.  I'm always amazed how these heterosexual, anti-gay folks don't get they "flaunt" their sexuality daily.  They discuss their partners and spouses.  They have pics on their work desks of them kissing on the beach.  TV is full of heterosexual characters.  Heterosexual teachers discuss their husbands and wives.  Actually, most gay couples I know rarely ever show affection in public.  That's beginning to change.

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 05:20:14 am »
As he once lived in a car with his mother ( correct ? ) he probably can't pass up the offer of financial security.  Anyone could understand the dilemma.
He has no guarantee he will make it to be a pro-footballer earning big bucks.  So a big payout from Oprah is tempting...

Oprah..... >:(

Its good to at least discuss the idea that "becoming a celebrity" is the route to the American dream of financial stability....  Surely its true. 

Well I hope he makes it in pro-ball and Oprah money is just the cherry on top.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:23:29 am by mecch »

Offline mecch

Offline vertigo

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »
Yeah the Oprah show was a bad idea, at least if he really wants to play in the NFL and not just cash in for a quick buck.  I read that some teams were reluctant to draft him, not because he was gay or they thought he wouldn't fit it, but because they feared the backlash in/when he was cut.  Seeing it play out on Oprah would amplify that, and potentially make it harder for future gay NFL prospects to get drafted.

Check out the HBO show "Hard Knocks" if you want to see how hard it is for players to make a 53-man roster in the NFL.  All those college accolades don't mean much at that level.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 02:44:37 pm »
Bill Maher was perplexed last night, wondering why he was 8th from the bottom of being drafted.  Bill said he was Defensive Player of the year in one of the toughest conferences and almost didn't get drafted.  Then, he and Kevin Nealon had a conversation about all the butt-smacking in football and basketball. 

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 12:24:34 am »
A poll says 47% of Americans thought the kiss was inappropriate. 

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/05/18/poll-47-of-americans-think-michael-sam-kiss-is-inappropriate-for-tv/

But, I wonder what the poll would be about this heterosexual player flaunting his sexuality? 

http://www.thegailygrind.com/2014/05/14/football-player-disgustingly-flaunts-sexual-orientation-live-tv/#.U3d75stuOcQ.facebook

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.