Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:49:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 624
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: stem cell research is our way to a cure??  (Read 7564 times)

Offline LOVELIFE

stem cell research is our way to a cure??
« on: September 05, 2006, 04:14:49 pm »
ive been reading the latest news everyday on stem cell research and it looks like this will be the way to get the virus under control and out of our bodies! theres a rumor going around in the hiv news that a pill that you can buy from germany which would cost us close to $1000.00 dollars for it is the cure to the infection? ive done some research on german science and they are way ahead of the game infact ive seen and noticed that as soon as a company finds the correct cure there stocks will break many records for others wanting it! the cure is going to make someone very rich and all of us better!!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D 8)

Offline Boston

Re: stem cell research is our way to a cure??
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:30:31 pm »
I definitely subscribe to the optimistic and, hopefully, realistic view that with all the exciting new treatments presently being researched, there will be a cure or at least a definitive treatment within our lifetime.

Having said that, I would suggest that the results of your internet searches sound dubious to me and it would be better if you cited sources or, at least, provided links before posting information like this.

Offline Jacques

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:18:49 pm »
Boston is right,  please be more precise Lovelife

Jacques
Jacques
Living positively since 1987
latest lab :july 2010
Undetectable Cd4 1080
43% on Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline Brussels28

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 04:24:31 am »
I think you are refering to Dr Rath? he is now in court for Fraud!!! His pills can't cure him even ;)

Pill king on German fraud rap
23/07/2006 22:43  - (SA)   

Cape Town - Controversial doctor Matthias Rath, the German who says his vitamin pills can cure HIV/Aids and who encourages South Africans not to use antiretroviral drugs, has appeared in a Hamburg court on a charge of fraud.

He is being held responsible for the death of a nine-year-old boy who had osteosarcoma.

The British Medical Journal reported on its website that Rath allegedly convinced the boy's parents to use his vitamin pills, rather than follow conventional medical routes.

Dominik Feld's parents stopped his chemotherapy early in 2004 and chose to give him Rath's vitamin pills.

Dominik died in November 2004.

Sipho Mthathi of South African Aids activist group, the Treatment Action Campaign (TAC), said they hoped the court case in Germany would encourage South Africans, influenced into using Rath's alternative medicines rather than tested antiretroviral drugs, to institute legal action, as well.

Government sending 'wrong message'

Mthathi said: "I think the reason why family of people who have HIV/Aids in South Africa haven't taken legal action against Rath is because there's so much confusion in South Africa about drugs available for treating Aids.

"The message the government sends by supporting Rath's pills in the struggle to eradicate Aids also tells South Africans they can use them."

TAC instituted legal action against Rath last year, trying to stop him from saying his vitamin pills were more effective than antiretroviral drugs for people with Aids. The case is continuing.

The department of health's PRO, Charity Bhengu, said the department had no comment about the court case and had nothing to do with the case in Germany.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 05:14:45 am »
Lovelife, I am sorry about your recent diagnosis. I understand you initial desperation is driving you crazy to find any news about a cure. But you must not believe all the scams on the internet. Trust your Dr. an the people from this site. Some of them with HIV for more than 20 years. If there was a cure, your Dr. or the people in these forums would´t hide it form you.
There is now cure today.
I am sure there will be a cure someday and I hope we can all see it in our lifetime. But it has not happened yet.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.