Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 01:14:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Question about tongue cuts and oral sex  (Read 44210 times)

Offline Eastern_Europe

Question about tongue cuts and oral sex
« on: August 31, 2006, 11:07:33 am »
Hello everyone -

I have posted here before, but I couldn't retrive my initial screename and password - so had to re-register, I hope the moderators wont mind.

I have a question for the experts regarding an exposure I had a few days ago. I was in the woods and met this guy, we were j/off together and at one point the guy turned me around and started rubbing his penis against my anus, he had no condom on and I am woried if I can get infected with HIV in this way? He did't cum but he may have had pre-cum when he was rubbing his penis on my anus - but I am sure he didn't cum.

Thanks for your help!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Rubbing penis against the anus - risk?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:27:40 am »
East,

You must have posted to these forums before last May, when we got new forum software. Everyone had to re-register at that time.

What you describe is frottage and frottage is not a risk for hiv infection. You only need to worry in a situation like this if either of you gets carried away and full penetration occurs. Condoms MUST be involved if penetration takes place.

Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the links to the Transmission Lesson, which is also new since you were here last.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Eastern_Europe

Re: Rubbing penis against the anus - risk?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 11:51:04 am »
Thank you Ann!

I feel much relaxed. I do regular check-ups i.e. twice a year for all sti's as I am one of the sexaholics=) and working on it!

Cheers! and thanks much again!

Offline Eastern_Europe

Need help - Urgently!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 10:02:53 am »
Hello everyone -

I did something stupid last night and need some advise from someone here on the forum:

I started making out, french kissing with a friend of mine who I know is HIV poz - we kissed for like a whole hour - and I had forgotten all together that I had a sore on my lips from a fever blister that I had a few days ago! Is there a possible way of HIV transmition in this way?

Thank you!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Need help - Urgently!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 10:13:09 am »
Eastern,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

NO, kissing is not a risk for hiv no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it.

However, you put your friend at risk of getting herpes. "Cold sore" is another name for herpes. It is spread by letting one of your sores come into contact with another person's body. Please refrain from kissing others when you have a sore.

YOU were not at risk of hiv from this kissing, but YOUR FRIEND was at risk for your herpes.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 10:20:44 am »
Ann - thank you for your information.

I feel horrible! Do I need to tell my friend about this?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 10:40:36 am »
Eastern,

You may want to, yes. Your friend might already have oral herpes - it's very common - but you may want to give them that warning.

But there is no hiv concern here. Kissing just is NOT a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 10:41:19 am »
Ask your friend if she ever gets cold sores and if she says yes then you having nothing further to discuss about it. Three quarters of the population has HSV1. It's not a big deal. HSV2 is what you don't want or spread to others.

Offline Eastern_Europe

Blood, dental work, complicated...freaking out!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 03:19:54 pm »
I am freaking out about possibly being infected with HIV. This past week I have engaged in sexual activity with 4 different man, and although I never engange in any sort of anal sex, I am scared because of other "gray lines" that may have caused an infection. I gave this guy a blow job and when he came he was standing on top of me and came all over my body, as my mouth was open some of it got into my mouth. Even scarier was the fact that he would take his pre-cum with his finger and then put it in his mouth and then kiss me!!! This was the most riskiest exposure and it happaned last night. Today I woke up with a sore throut and enlarged glands and body ache. I though it could also be from giving him a blow job - I don't know!

The other exposures were more "low risk" jerked off with a guy and then he came on my hand and I remember having a small cut on my hand!!! And the third onw was a guy touching my anus.

I am scared as hell! This all happened this week - and today is Friday and I am having clear symptoms - enlarged glands, body ache and some fever!!!!

Please advice!

THANSK!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I need some advice - please.
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 05:29:50 pm »
Despite your busy few days sexually, nothing you did put you at risk for HIV transmission.

Although there have been a handful of HIV infections attributed to giving a guy a blowjob, there are anecdotal and not reliable. There is much more evidence through longterm studies of sero-discordant couples, (both gay and straight), that giving oral is NOT a risk. In the study, there was lots of mutual oral and only protected intercourse. Thus far not a single seronegative partner has become infected.

The other activities were not risky no matter what spin of details you put on them.

Other STDs are much easier to acquire so if you are sexually active it's a good idea to regularly have a full STD panel. That means at least annually and every six months is even better.

There's no need for HIV testing in relation to these incidents.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

Blood, dental work, complicated...freaking out!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 07:49:29 pm »
Hi everyone -

Is the third time I am posting to this forum and the the advice I have received has helped me out a lot in sorting out what is safe and what is not. Special thanks to Andy.

Last night I went to a party and met a guy whom I liked a lot and he liked me too but he wouldn't kiss me - he told me he had just come back from the dentist had pulled two teeth and he still had blood coming out of his woond and he went on to tell me that he was positive and it wouldn't be a good idea to kiss. So we didn;t french kiss but we kissed on the lips - which I am too concerned over since his lips didn't have any blood - or at least I didn't see anything there. What concerns me is that he was removing the gauze from his teeth and without washing his hands he was touching my penis, a few times repeatedly - so I am thinking some of the blood from his teeth got into his hands when he removed the gauze with blood from his teeth and then with those hands he touched my penis - he would also bring his mouth doun to my penis and balls but only the lips.
So I am concerned because he had blood in his mouth, I mean a lot because I saw the gauze when he removed it - so although we didn't french kiss and engage into oral sex - there was contact with his blood in that his hands had blood in them when he touched my penis and his lips must have had some blood when he would bring them to my balls and penis.

I am affraid because of the blood - I usually don't freak out about things because I think I am quite educated on safe sex - but this encounter was something ususual so I would appreciate if Andy or someone else form the experts gives me a answer.  I do test twice a year since I am sexually active, but should I go get a PCR for this?

Thanks!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Blood, dental work, complicated...freaking out!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 08:13:46 pm »
Hi

There is no need for testing over this incident, infected blood has to get into the blood stream, this did not happen in your case.

Please read the Welcome Thread and follow the lessons on how HIV is transmitted...it doesn't hurt to keep yourself updated and educated on these matters.

Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 09:03:41 am »
East,

I've merged your two most recent threads into your original one, which is the ONLY place you should post any new questions or comments.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You didn't have a risk in your latest concern and you certainly don't need PCR testing over it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 12:29:12 am »
Thanks Ann!

I have a new question - today I got a blow job in the sauna and an hour later I realised that my penis was sticking in my underware, when I whent to see- it was all blod - I am not sure if the blood is the result of the blow job I got from the guy (because I could feel his teeth) or it could have possibly been from the sperm in my penis sticking to the underware which I must have hurt myself when moving around - in either case, is there any risk from this! I had never had any blood on my penis so I found it scary the dried blood on my underware and dried blood at the top of my penis and some inside - especially since I had a blow job!

Any thoughts? THanks!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 08:28:25 am »
In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of a man becoming HIV infected from getting a blowjob. That includes with nicks, bruises, cuts and all sorts of such details that people have reported in the certainty their case is different and presented risk.

I'm at a loss to explain what the source of the bleeding is that you are reporting. I can speculate that you may have had a little blood vessel break either inside or your penis -- it sometimes happens spontaneously with men on their scrotum for instance. However, that's just guessing on my part. It doesn't change the bottom line. You aren't going to become the first guy to ever get infected by getting a blowjob.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:34:11 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 10:02:50 am »
Thank you Andy~

I appreciate your constant support and advise that you give to everyone here!

Cheers!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 10:23:36 am »
You're welcome. I'm glad you have found the exchanges to be helpful.

Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 02:32:25 pm »
HI everyone.

I'm back with another question: I went to a club in Europe and got a blow job in their dark rooms - the guy touched my neck and kissed my neck then an hour later I went home and shaved, is there any risk associated with this behaviour?

thanks!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 02:38:52 pm »
No there is absolutely no risk of HIV transmission from having someone lick your neck before you shave.

MtD

Offline Eastern_Europe

Sperm on my legs
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 10:51:13 am »
Hello everyone -

I am posting again with another question.

I was at the gym this week and ended up alone in the sauna with this guy. We played together and then he came on my legs while I had some small bruises. He may have been hiv positive. Is there any risk involved in this?

Thanks!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:38 am »
EE,

Hiv is not transmitted through getting cum on your body, it's transmitted by getting cum INSIDE your body, such as in your anus. Please read the Transmission Lesson linked to in the Welcome Thread.

You did not have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Eastern_Europe

Possible exposure - please advice!
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 11:52:55 am »
Hi everyone,

Have not posted here since January. I did something stupid last night and need your advice:

I went into one of these small sex shopes with small booths and one guy came into my booth turned me around and started rubbing his penis against my ass. I had been walking (aids walk New York) all day and my but chees were red and extreemley inflamed. Then the guy put a condom and tried to penetrate me, it didn't work, because I generally don't get fucked so it didn't go in but it was very painful as he was trying to put it in. Maybe the top of his penis may have gotten inside me but I don't think so since I was holding back too. Finally the guy takes out the condom and cums all over my ass. I am worried if there is any chance of geting infected from what I described above, especially since my ass was red and burrning like hell before and while this was happening because of the walking.

Pls advise.
thanks!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 01:15:28 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus. It requires a much more receptive setting than an irritated set of buttcheeks. Since he put a condom on for penetration, partial or whatever, you were protected as far as that is concerned. So I don't see any cause for concern about this incident in terms of HIV.

Keep in mind other STDs are much easier to acquire. Anyone who's sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done at least annually just to be sure nothing else is going on.

This time there's no cause for concern about HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 02:08:03 pm »
Thank you Andy!

Do you think I need to get tested for HIV for this?

Thanks again!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 02:11:51 pm »
Are you listening? I just told you there's no need to be concerned about HIV so why would you need to get tested?

No, there's no need for testing.

Get on with your life. Really. 
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

More issues
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 12:12:28 pm »
THanks for all your advise Andy.

I have one more question. I gave a blow job to someone three days ago, deppthoughting and all, and today I am sweating, feeting tired and lots my apetite. Could it be that I could have been infected?

Thank you!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 04:52:58 pm »
Is this going to start another round on your part?

Although from time to time there are reports of claims of infection via sucking a guy, they never hold up under scientific scrutiny.

Longterm studies of both gay and straight sero-discordant couples who had lots of unprotected mutual oral and only protected vaginal and anal intercourse have resulted in not a single negative partner having become infected.

So it's up to you to decide what your personal comfort zone is about the issue. Possibly poor oral care, ejaculation orally and any sores or fresh wounds in the mouth may increase risk, but as I said above, there's no real evidence of transmission in this manner.

Should you get tested? I don't think it's necessary but we do say that anyone who's sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done at least annually.Other STDS are much easier to get than HIV.  You've been hanging around this site long enough to know that symptoms are never the way to know about HIV status. There's nothing HIV specific about the ones you're mentioning. If they continue ask your doctor about them. 
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:42 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have been active in this forum for over a year - long enough to know that symptoms don't mean much - however - please read on.

I am a very sexualy active male in my 20s - I have groun confortable with what I do and don't so that I don't need to panic afterwards. This past month I was overly sexual - like every day - but never had unsafe sex, would receive oral and gave oral twice - partner's status unknown. There was one incident where I tried to penetrate the guy with a condom but he was so tight that he started bleeding - there was blood on the condom and in my hand as I was removing the condom - this was the riskiest incident I can recall this month - this week I got my worst nightmare come true - rash all over my torso, sick, sweating and temperature - I am sure this is not sicho-comatic because I wasn't even worried untill I saw the rash all over my torso which is exactly like the once I have seen on line - red, small, little raised pimples on my chest, stomac and arms. Add to that sweating and temperature and cold - I am convinced - in one of this many sexual ecounters I may have got it! Now after all this time feeling confortable with my do's and don't i am freaking out and scared to test because I am affraid of what may await me!

Is my concern justified or have I retured to the same panic state I was in last year? Anyone?

THanks!!!!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Please read - need help!
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 10:58:23 pm »
I would not recommend testing over this incident, as the condom prevented you from exposure to HIV.

Symptoms you describe are in NO WAY similar to anything associated with HIV infection. Having read the lessons section both this time and last time you were here, I am sure you know this. Moreover, symptoms mean nothing.

Any sexually active adult should get a full STD workup done at least once a year. This includes an HIV test.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 07:57:44 am »
I agree with JK that there's no cause for concern about HIV in relation to the blood on the condom incident. If the condom had failed you would have known it because it's not a subtle event when that happens. It ends up looking like a fringed hula  hoop on your penis.

Since it didn't fail that means it provided you with very effective protection which is exactly what it is supposed to do.

As for your symptoms, I wouldn't be so quick to call them psychosomatic. There may have been some other cause -- perhaps an allergic reaction of some sort. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor. However, I don't see any cause to think it was ARS nor any reason for you to be tested over this specific incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:44 pm »
Thank you guys! Appreciate your help as always! Feel much better after reading this - will check with my doc about the symptoms.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 10:59:44 pm »
That's a good plan. And I'm glad you found the exchanges here to be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2009, 03:04:10 am »
Just got back from a New Years party - I think I may have gotten HIV!!!!

I have a rotten tooth that bleeds and I was making out with a friend of mine who is HIV + he throw up as we were making out - I went quickly into the bathroom just to check if my teeth is still bleeding and it still was----we franch kissing - deep kissing - please help me! Anything I can do????????

Is there a possibility of getting hiv this way?

thanks YOU!!!

Forgot to mentioned that I have the flue or a cold which makes things worst I guess!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:19:18 am by Eastern_Europe »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2009, 03:53:38 am »
Eastern

I have merged your threads so please use this thread only from now on..thank you for your cooperation.

Nothing you have described has put you at risk from HIV.

You really need to read the  Welcome Thread again about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Eastern_Europe

I need expert advice - please!
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 10:10:59 am »
Hi everyone,

I had sex with a guy that I know is HIV+ - no anal penetration and no oral however, the guy was rubbing his dick on my ass and he came on my ass - there was no penetration but I still think his sperm could have made it into my anus?

Any advise?

thanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 10:24:58 am »
At no time were you ever at risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 12:15:31 pm »
Unless his sperm had legs and walked into your butthole there was no risk in this latest situation.

You know you have been coming around here long enough to have gotten the basics down -- specifically that unprotected anal intercourse is the only real risk for male to male transmission of HIV sexually.

Are you really reading what's been said to you? It doesn't seem that way because you keep having experiences that are not risky but coming back here anyway. It's time that you applied what has been said to you. If you are simply anxious about sexual experiences then that's something to address with a professional and we're not able to do that in this setting.

Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

Emergency - PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 05:21:53 pm »
Hi everyone - I've been a member on this forum for over four years. I've always had safe sex and if you notice from all my questions below, I never engaged in unsafe anal sex. Last night I did a HUGE mistake -I was having sex with this person who's hiv staus I don't know but who said he is negative, well we were hanging out all day and in the process I felt close to him, the first time we had sex I used a condom to penetrate him, the second time we had sex, which was mainly oral, I penetrated him twice only very briefly without a condom. I was calling the guy all day today and he hasn't been picking up the phone so I am assuming he has something to hide. I am freaking out as I am writing this post that I may have been infected. I understand my risk is HUGE but can anyone give me an assessment of the possibility of being infected in this way? Thank you everyone!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Emergency - PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 09:07:57 am »
Hi everyone - I've been a member on this forum for over four years. I've always had safe sex and if you notice from all my questions below, I never engaged in unsafe anal sex. Last night I did a HUGE mistake -I was having sex with this person who's hiv staus I don't know but who said he is negative, well we were hanging out all day and in the process I felt close to him, the first time we had sex I used a condom to penetrate him, the second time we had sex, which was mainly oral, I penetrated him twice only very briefly without a condom. I was calling the guy all day today and he hasn't been picking up the phone so I am assuming he has something to hide. I am freaking out as I am writing this post that I may have been infected. I understand my risk is HUGE but can anyone give me an assessment of the possibility of being infected in this way? Thank you everyone!

No, your risk was not HUGE. But there was a risk, which means that you will need to get tested. HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. It is significantly harder to transmit to the insertive partner during anal intercourse than to the receptive one. The brevity of your unprotected insertions are also in your favor against transmission.

You can initially test at 6 weeks after the most recent unprotected incident. A negative at that point is unlikely to change when you re-test for a final, conclusive result at 13 weeks.

But you do need to learn from this experience. Frankly it was a dumb idea to dispense with your usual safer sex precautions. You need to always without exception make certain that a condom is being used for anal intercourse by whoever is the insertive partner. No exceptions. The only time you can dispense with using them is if and when you find yourself in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners have tested negative together. Otherwise condoms are a must no matter how great the guy is or what you think you know about his healthy history.

You also ought not to be interpreting your recent partner's inaccessability by phone to mean something ominous about his health status. In any case he is not responsible for your health. You are the one who is responsible for yourself. Get tested at the appropriate time and collect what I think is most llikely going to be a negative result. But no more of this dispensing with condoms because low risk is not the same as no risk.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2009, 09:50:13 am »
Thank you Andy! You are awsome!
Will get tested in 13 weeks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2009, 09:55:49 am »
You're welcome.

That's a good plan. Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 08:29:26 pm »
Hi everyone - something happened over the weekend and Im freaking out!

I had sex with this guy who is positive, of course I used a condom but when I pulled out there was blood on the condom - I went straight to the bathroom got rid of the condom and wiped myself - I wasn't so worried about that since the condom was inact and hadn't been broken - I know this because my jizz was hanging inside HOWEVER the guy appreantly wiped himself with my bedsheets so there was his blood on my sheets for three nights before I found out today. I've been sleeping naked on these bedsheets with his blood on them and am now freaking out that I may have gotten something. I've been trying to find information online about the possibility of getting infected this way but can't find anything - anyone has any information?

P.s. he also wiped his blood and his jizz with one of my towels - which I washed with regular detergent - I am wondering if is safe to use the sheets and the towel now but my bigger concern is if I could be infected since I slept naked on blood stained sheets for three days and I know the guy is positive!!!

Please please reply!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 08:40:26 pm »
You were never at risk. HIV is not transmitted from environmental surfaces.

Offline Eastern_Europe

Back again!
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 09:56:19 am »
Sorry but I am back again with another problem:

I was playing around with this guy, we didn't even suck each other or fuck but:

1. he rubed his cock on my anus and he may have had pre-cum, I couldn't tell because he had a coc-ring.

2. When he came, he came on my ass - not inside of course since we didn't fuck, but he came all over my ass - I wiped it as much as I could but cleraly I didn't get to wash myself for another 30minutes after.

Can anyone tell me if there is a possibility that I could get infected?

Thanks@@

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 10:01:23 am »
Inserting of course is a risk. But rubbing is not. Nothing you did that you are reporting put you at risk. He could have ejaculated a bucket's worth ON your butt and it would not have been risky.

You've been coming long enough to know what's risky and what isn't. What's keeping you from applying what you know from these exchanges and previous experiences to when you have sex now? The basics don't change. Condoms for intercourse. Everything else sexual is risky only in theory. What's hard about getting with that?
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 06:22:49 am »
Thank you Andy!

I do sometimes feel that my feers are irational since as you say I have been here long enough to know what genuinely constitutes risk and what doesn't. But sometimes there's these gray lines or the person Im doing it with that make me freak out and look for re-assurance, and the main problem is that the moment you start looking for answeres online there are so many contradicting informations ranging for someone who adivses that giving head is a sure way to get hiv to someone who says tops have very little risk of becoming infected. I guess, is not an exact since and that's what me and the rest of us here asking questions what it to be!

Thank you!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 07:47:26 am »
Actually it IS pretty simple. Always use condoms for anal (and vaginal) intercourse. Those are the only confirmed means of transmitting HIV sexually.

Everything else is strictly theoretical. I would add that giving someone oral if you have extremely poor oral care or a freshly gaping wound in your mound is not advised, but then those are not the circumstances where you are likely to be doing that anyway.. I assume that is.

If you search on the web you absolutely will always find some site that will confirm your worst fears. Keep it simple and use condoms for intercourse. It really is that simple.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

I need some help please!
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2009, 06:59:07 pm »
Hi everyone,

Not been here for a few months but something happened tonight:

There's a guy I sucked last week and he came over and I sucked him again tonight. He doesn't cum so the risk of getting infected with HIV is low

Hoewever, tonight he had a small blister on his penile shaft. I didn't notice it right away because the room was dark, so I was sucking this guy for like 5-10 minutes before I noticed the blister. It was a small round blister, looking a little like a cold sore but very small. I of course stoped immediatly and washed my mouth and hands but I'm affaird it may be too late.

1.Anyone in here familiar with herpes and syphilis?
2.Any ideas what it could be?
3.And what if the guy is positive? Would that mean I would hiv from his herpes, given that that is herpes since I can't think of anything else that it could be.

Anyone please? What should I do?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2009, 07:34:39 pm »
This is an HIV specific forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009, 07:37:42 pm »
We do not deal with other STDs here. Our focus is strictly on HIV.

There is no way we can evaluate the nature of the "blister" your partner had on his penis.

IF he is HIV+, and note that I said IF, no, you would not have been exposed to the HIV virus through the thingie he had on his member.

Once again you are worrying needlessly about HIV. If you're in contact with him you might ask him if he knows what the thingie on his thingie is.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.