Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:30:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 637
Total: 637

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 4227 times)

Offline bravebuddharich

Introducing myself
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:35:10 pm »
Hi, my name is Rich. I'm from Boston. I'm a gay poz man. I've been poz half of my life - 21 years - i'm 42. I have a huge problem in that I have too many different interests, too many different dreams of things I want to do, to be, to see! I'm primarily a buddhist who is attracted to both atheism and unitarian-universalism; spiritual! I struggled for years with admitting I am poz, but for the past 8 years I've been really honest, dating and having sex with only other poz guys. Went through some difficulties with "barebacking" for awhile, simply because they were the guys who would have sex with me while I wait for the elusive partner/husband/one and only! (someday soon, please)

I'm on norvir, reyataz, and truvada. What I like about this particular regimen, besides that it has great results, is that it is a once a day regimen - i am at 100% adherence, which didn't seem possible a few years ago!

I love listening to music, reading non-fiction books, fantasizing about England, moving to various progressive places throughout the world, watching movies, foreign, art-house, progressive, old black & white, I love movies! Outdoorsy stuff, walking everywhere, eating vegetarian food, activism, buddhism, progressive politics... too many different interests, I wish I had less of 'em...

So far, I like this site - haven't seen any "flaming" yet... interesting blend of personalities, etc.  AND a few cute guys' pictures, too!! (always a plus!)

Offline gatortony

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 02:41:36 pm »
Welcome to the forums.  Although I am far from a seasoned poster-boy, I can assure you these are some of the finest humans to be found.

Right on with the vegetarian fare.  Am an avid haunter of the many Thai/Viet/whole foods places here in my town.  Your post inspired me to dig out a menu and leave the cooking to someone else tonight.

I wish you light and peace.  These can be some beautiful times. 

Tony
Heureux, qui comme Ulysse a fait un beau voyage.....

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 02:46:01 pm »
An official welcome, Rich (having done so via p.m. as only someone on the Cape can do with someone from Boston).  I have been here since October and the more I am here, the more I have come to know the regular posters.  Whether because we have solid moderators watching things or not, it is like sitting across the table from a group of people you have come to accept and trust, thankfully available 24/7 since we all have different hours for our different perspectives.  Let's see lot's of posts from you when and as you feel your hands on the keyboard.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline marco23

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 03:00:46 pm »
Welcome Rich!  :D
You'll find this site helpful and supportive.  Hey, I also love movies. I had my garage converted into a 'movie room', bought a flat screen TV and have a wall filling up with DVDs of all kinds. I used to work at a movie theater many years ago and I kept some posters which I hung up in the room which gives it a pretty cool look.
Again, welcome and hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline Javicho

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 03:33:30 pm »
Welcome Rich, this is the best site for all of us, you will find a lot of love and answer to your questions. I'm new too ;)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 03:51:07 pm »
Welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope you like it here as much as I do. These are great people. You already have something in common with our own lovely Ann, as she is our resident vegan.
Put your feet up and hang around for a while. :-*
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 04:33:36 pm »
Hello and welcome to our lovely community.  I am sure you will find this site is very informational, helpful and also loving and accepting of lots of different opinions.  This site will be what you make of it.  It can be dysfunctional and frustrating at times but mostly its warm and inviting.

Feel free to post as much or as little as you like about yourself at the time you feel it is appropriate.  I personally have put my entire life on this site and it has yet to bite back.  I consider this place a second family to me and love being here and sharing what I can with those I can.

Anyway…. Welcome, you have received my canned greeting deeming you WORTHY of further communication!!!

Andrew

And.... Because I beat Eldon!  HIGH FIVE for the new HIGH FIVER!

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Christine

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 04:55:25 pm »
Hi Rich!
Welcome! I think you will find a lot of support and advice here. Sometimes a little bit of drama, just like any family. We are here to listen and help.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Longislander

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 05:24:48 pm »
Hi Rich, welcome! Great place, great people.
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline dixieman

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 05:37:04 pm »
Hey, I just joined the forums myself recently. I've had an ad on the pozpersonals for awhile and I understand about the elusive mate... I just want to wish you the best and have a wonderful Christmas... John

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 09:47:03 pm »
Hey Rich,

Welcome to our eclectic family. It's a great place to be and to belong.

I also have been a possie for 21 years, at least officially. How long have you been on meds?

OK, so I'm nosey.

Glad you found us. I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 09:55:00 pm »
Hi, my name is Rich. I'm from Boston.  I have a huge problem in that I have too many different interests, too many different dreams of things I want to do, to be, to see!

Hello Rich...

It is GOOD that you have decided to join the group here. As I have highlighted above, there is NOTHING that is wrong with going after your dreams. In fact, these very dreams can be realized in the strangest places and situations. Keep your eye on the prize and you will get there in spite of any setbacks.

In my own way, I wish to extend to you a WARM WELCOME here at the AM forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

Truly, it is a diffcult health situation to accept. However, it is strongly recommended that you Deal rather than Dwell on what has occurred. This will help tremendously to cope with what has occurred with your health.

The Handshake Of Reassurance

We have a great group of Real People who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to Encourage, Learn, and Help one another as we all walk on our journey in this life.

With the consideration of implementing a Positive Mental Attitude, it will also assist you on your journey in this life as well as having a Positive Impact on your immune system and your overall health.

In fact, through your Positive Mental Attitude, it will help you push forward through ALL of the obstacles on your path that you are now walking on.

Talking and sharing our experiences with other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from tomtit.

Often the act of writing and the ability to “SEE” your feelings leads to therapeutic insights and solutions..

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multivitamin, and some Omega 3, because it is all up to YOU where YOU want to be.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes per day, as this will do you good to help keep that unnecessary stress away.

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:07:36 pm by Eldon »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 10:00:45 pm »
I like juicy cheeseburgers from time to time so I'm afraid I can not marry you.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 12:00:45 am »
Rich, welcome and happy holiday my friend...  42 is a good number, as it is mine for a few more months..  Dang it!

Love

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 09:35:18 am »
Hi, my name is Rich. I'm from Boston. I'm a gay poz man. I've been poz half of my life - 21 years - i'm 42.

Welcome. Wow 21 years - That's quite a run! I'm sensing you have much wisdom to share with us  :)

I'm on norvir, reyataz, and truvada. What I like about this particular regimen, besides that it has great results, is that it is a once a day regimen - i am at 100% adherence, which didn't seem possible a few years ago!

Glad to hear it. The once a day regimens are indeed convenient, especially when the labels say "take with food" LOL No starvation and counting hours  :D

3 cheers for vegetarian food!
Glad you found this site
~Alex

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:37:15 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:05 am »
Again welcome!

<who eats cows to help with global warming!  Take THAT you vegetarian EARTH KILLERS!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 01:08:35 pm »
Welcome to the site.  Hope you will be happy here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.