Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:24:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 383
Total: 384

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What do people think of Poz Magazine?  (Read 59644 times)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: What do people think of Poz Magazine?
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2007, 03:20:18 am »
Naw, I remember it clearly! ;)

Ha!  I meant that people have charitably chosen to not mention it to me since.   :D

There is a major emphasis on the charity there.

I might be an insufferable prick, but I have the good sense to be embarassed for completely disregarding the somewhat decent upbringing I was given.   ;)
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2007, 08:42:28 am »
Queen Akasha:

Just wondering if you caught my post above:  http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=14867.msg188134#msg188134

Peter

I guess my post stems from the other thread but Peter said if anything else was to be said to post it here so....

I will not take back anything I said in my previous posts in the other thread. I will not back peddle but as I said before, I have nothing personal against Jesse, none of my post said that, what I have a problem with was some of the things he said in the article and on his MySpace blog. And before anyone decides to throw up quotes about me referring to him as flaming, well I do, sorry, read some of his previous posts, what would you think? And like I said I have nothing against flaming queens, I think they are cool. I mean I thought opinions were like assholes everyone has one. Yeah, I'm full of cliches, I know.

On to the Poz Mag staff. Just like everyone else, I thought they could have done better. As Peter has stated, he told them not to respond to the posts and for us to send email. True, I could do that and understands why Peter said not to, emotions were running a bit high, mine included. But sending an email just to have no reply seems a bit empty to me and more like a one sided conversation. And to me, I would feel like I am being ignored and I must admit I have a problem with not being acknowledged. It's like saying, " I see you but be gone" That just doesn't sit well with me. I know the staff has read the other thread but thinks it would be nice to at least start a thread or send Peter their side of the story and what they think of the responses in the other thread and he post it in a thread and then lock the thread so there can be no responses. I mean work with me, please. I don't expect it to go down like I requested but it would be nice to be acknowledged....Just saying....

Modified to add: Just read over what I said. Yeah, there could be responses by starting a new thread but you can only beat a dead horse so long...Would someone really do that? I guess they would. I guess I answered my own question....Must be smoking some that weed that makes you think harder..... ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2007, 08:27:34 pm »
Peter~~

No, I did not see that post, thanks for making it available. I look forward to seeing what Reagan has to say. I appreciate the fact that you are working on a way for both sides to correspond. It's nice to be acknowledged.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2007, 10:28:47 pm »
Without getting back into all the issues involved, I would submit that the reason a brouhaha broke out over the article was because the subjects of articles in the magazine generally do not call attention to said articles in the forum.  I don't think this is SOP around here.

This may be, perhaps, why the shitstorm occured.

It would appear that the attempt to generate buzz about the article worked a little too well.   

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2007, 10:31:13 pm »
Oh... please.  Do you REALLY think it's that simple?

Color me flabbergasted.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2007, 10:37:09 pm »

Color me flabbergasted.

I'm not talking about the issues raised in the shitstorm.  Those are very complex.

However, I'm not entirely sure that this forum would have been so engaged in that particular article if we weren't quite literally directed to the cover story.

I hardly ever look at Poz's internet content, much less have anything to say about it.  Most people don't seem to post too much about Poz articles, unless it relates to treatment news. 

Yes, I think this particular issue was a catalyst for discussing a lot of problems people have with Poz... but I don't think that there's anything particularly grabbing about the article per se that would have made me click on the link if I hadn't been told to by the subject of the cover story.

Does that make sense?

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2007, 10:39:09 pm »
I'm not talking about the issues raised in the shitstorm.  Those are very complex.

However, I'm not entirely sure that this forum would have been so engaged in that particular article if we weren't quite literally directed to the cover story.

I hardly ever look at Poz's internet content, much less have anything to say about it.  Most people don't seem to post too much about Poz articles, unless it relates to treatment news. 

Yes, I think this particular issue was a catalyst for discussing a lot of problems people have with Poz... but I don't think that there's anything particularly grabbing about the article per se that would have made me click on the link if I hadn't been told to by the subject of the cover story.

Does that make sense?
agreed in entirety
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2007, 10:45:16 pm »

Does that make sense?

No.  I think it was more to do with the person in question, how he arrived here on the board, glittery myspace pages, Anna Nicole Smith... blah blah blah

You know, rather moronic issues really.  It's not that complex in light of the fact so many here openly admit to not reading Poz in the first place.

Say the person with the cover article had been a graceful 45 year old that had just sauntered in one day, politely said "hello" and said that they're going to be on the cover of Poz for this and that reason.  Nobody would have said much here except "Nice.  Good for you.  Look forward to reading it."

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2007, 10:48:13 pm »
also agreed in entirety
which brings me to conclude that the two of you are basically saying the same thing
unless im wrong
in which case i think a combination of what both those guys are saying...whatever that is  ???

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:55 pm »
also agreed in entirety
which brings me to conclude that the two of you are basically saying the same thing
unless im wrong
in which case i think a combination of what both those guys are saying...whatever that is  ???

We're saying the same thing, but I'm making an entirely different point by way of how I'm saying it.  Hence why I said it's not that simple.

I may spell it all out later but will let others have a go at further discussion in the meantime.

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2007, 11:02:54 pm »
hoping you didnt think by what i said that i thought this issue simplistic - not at all, i just meant i appreciated and agreed with all you were both saying. this whole thing has been felt and debated on so many levels. and to be honest ive thought that above all the passion and disagreements that have been felt and expressed i have felt proud that so many people have felt and spoken so passionately and eloquently about something that sums up a huge part of future and public perception of the diaspora of people and experiences living with hiv.
apologies if ive totally missed the point (or sound like ive swallowed a dictionary lol)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2007, 11:04:25 pm »
I actually think edfu said it best about that issue a couple of days ago

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=14852.msg187293#msg187293

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2007, 11:05:57 pm »
Well, 19 year olds with glittery myspace pages and Anna Nicole signature imagery ARE part of the HIV diaspora.

That's my larger point.

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2007, 11:15:35 pm »
Well, 19 year olds with glittery myspace pages and Anna Nicole signature imagery ARE part of the HIV diaspora.

That's my larger point.
in the nicest possible way, i sometimes wish that we could choose who we are comrades in this disease with.
now that will really confuse people - 'poz girl thinks it should only happen to nice people who make sense'
hoping you get what i mean

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2007, 11:20:35 pm »
in the nicest possible way, i sometimes wish that we could choose who we are comrades in this disease with.
now that will really confuse people - 'poz girl thinks it should only happen to nice people who make sense'
hoping you get what i mean

We should all be mindful that we don't chose our family members, be they by blood line or by disease line.  These are simple concepts.

As someone who has reconciled greatly in the past few years with his blood family I will state that letting go of parochial desires for an echo chamber have made me a better person.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2007, 11:23:52 pm »

Only if you live in a fantasy world where you actually expect to personally like every person who will appear on the cover of a glossy mag.

I'm so perplexed by all of this really.  I wasn't at first, but the more I reflected on it I arrived at my current state.

I'm as disappointed with this board as I am with the glittery myspace page and Anna Nicole signature line.

C'mon people.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2007, 11:28:28 pm »
Only if you live in a fantasy world where you actually expect to personally like every person who will appear on the cover of a glossy mag.

To answer your rhetorical question:  Nope, I don't

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2007, 11:29:41 pm »
We should all be mindful that we don't chose our family members, be they by blood line or by disease line.  These are simple concepts.

As someone who has reconciled greatly in the past few years with his blood family I will state that letting go of parochial desires for an echo chamber have made me a better person.
ouch

obviously you didnt get what i meant

ps im old enough to know that not only do wishes not come true but also that you should be careful what you wish for. i wrote with awareness of these facts, but also with a wish that people could use their situation for the better of themselves and others

pps hoping that those who know me also think im always receptive to hearing others' points of view even if they arent the same as my own, and that im already an ok person, but one who is still striving to become better (and never thought her desires would be described as parochial)

Offline Lis

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2007, 11:32:49 pm »
most of us arent pretty, and there isnt a person knocking at the door to interview/photogragh us...

It is what it is.. as lame as it may be sex sells... (dude had no underware on)  

Too bad they dont get it...

fuckers

poz 1986....

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2007, 11:36:34 pm »
most of us arent pretty, and there isnt a person knocking at the door to interview/photogragh us...

It is what it is.. as lame as it may be sex sells... (dude had no underware on)  

Too bad they dont get it...

fuckers

That is so damn irrelevant.  So only ugly people are allowed on the cover?  That's as narrow minded as only placing endless Jesse clones on the cover.

Thanks for reinforcing my larger point.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2007, 11:37:00 pm »
ouch

obviously you didnt get what i meant

ps im old enough to know that not only do wishes not come true but also that you should be careful what you wish for. i wrote with awareness of these facts, but also with a wish that people could use their situation for the better of themselves and others

pps hoping that those who know me also think im always receptive to hearing others' points of view even if they arent the same as my own, and that im already an ok person, but one who is still striving to become better (and never thought her desires would be described as parochial)

Oh dear, I didn't really for that to sound like so much of an attack on you personally.  You just reflected what I think so many others are thinking, so I threw that out there out of a larger frustration.

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2007, 11:40:13 pm »
thanks xxx
i'll pick my rattle back up off the floor now and take it back into my pram (and off to my bed cos its nearly 5am here!)
lots of love

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2007, 11:41:37 pm »
This thread is raising my anxiety levels and I wish I had some klonopin.

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2007, 11:44:46 pm »
You just reflected what I think so many others are thinking
does this mean i should be poz cover material??!!...  :P

please dont answer that  ;D

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2007, 11:46:47 pm »
This thread is raising my anxiety levels and I wish I had some klonopin.

i have some.. you are more than welcome to have. :)

bry
because sharing is caring.. unless its a dirty needle, then its not so nice. :(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2007, 12:16:00 am »
Jan, just a little update on some education of drug useage. The word slamming, came in, in the 60's and it was widely referenced to Herion(IV) useage not meth. Herion users still use the word, "slamming" today.

Offline edfu

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2007, 04:40:28 am »

Thanks for the acknowledgment, Iggy.  And I'm keeping my Golden Peanut.
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2007, 04:51:26 am »
i have some.. you are more than welcome to have. :)

bry
because sharing is caring.. unless its a dirty needle, then its not so nice. :(

If anyone's sharing...I could really use some too.

Brent
(Who is a vision with hands outstretched)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline edfu

« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2007, 04:58:53 am »
If I had known how popular this was, and we were together, I'd gladly share.  I've managed to squirrel away around 240 1 mg. clonazepams (generic).  Rx reads to take 3 a day, but I take only 1 a day.  Psychiatrist says it has a huge half-life.  I only wish it made me feel what everyone else obviously experiences, because I don't feel anything particularly noticeable.  I've tried taking 3 mg. for insomnia, and even that doesn't work!   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Bucko

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2007, 05:02:07 am »
If I had known how popular this was, and we were together, I'd gladly share.  I've managed to squirrel away around 240 1 mg. clonazepams (generic).  Rx reads to take 3 a day, but I take only 1 a day.  Psychiatrist says it has a huge half-life.  I only wish it made me feel what everyone else obviously experiences, because I don't feel anything particularly noticeable.  I've tried taking 3 mg. for insomnia, and even that doesn't work!   

Eddie-

Are you making me an offer?

Brent
(Whose ears perked right up)

Offline edfu

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2007, 05:07:10 am »
Sure, but we're at opposite ends of the east coast.  I'm curious, though.  Can you describe what it is that you feel from it?  Just a stoned feeling?  Euphoria?  Relaxed?  Sexy?  What?  Sure it's your ears that perked up?

...talk about hijacking a very important thread.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:09:05 am by edfu »

Offline Bucko

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2007, 05:17:51 am »
Sure, but we're at opposite ends of the east coast.  I'm curious, though.  Can you describe what it is that you feel from it?  Just a stoned feeling?  Euphoria?  Relaxed?  Sexy?  What?  Sure it's your ears that perked up?

...talk about hijacking a very important thread.

It's like a very gentle, time released Valium. It soothes without being obvious.

But mixed with booze, it kicks you to the floor...not that I would.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2007, 10:58:12 am »

Girl, if you need instructions on how to get high on the stuff PM me.  I'm a Super-Alumna of Klonnie U.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2007, 11:01:36 am »

But mixed with booze, it kicks you to the floor...not that I would.

Oh, I have such a great story on mixing it with something else entirely, but if I posted something about it I would be horribly judged by the Holy Trinity (cloaking device ON) resident(s) of the board.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2007, 11:04:39 am »
Whenever I get Klonopin, I chew it.

It's sort of sweet in a powdery kind of way.

I had several Konnies at once... with booze.  Nummy treat. 

I walked around like a slack-jawed zombie for a good 48 hours.  It was pretty sweet.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2007, 11:07:05 am »
Barbara please -- grind it up and snort it.   It's like inhaling ice cubes but it will have you digging holes in the wood floors.  Trust!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2007, 11:30:43 am »
Barbara please -- grind it up and snort it.   It's like inhaling ice cubes but it will have you digging holes in the wood floors.  Trust!

See, snorting only lets you get a small percentage of the drug, ingesting orally gets you about 90%. 

Snorting hits you faster, but we wanted buck, not bang.  Or something.   ;)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2007, 11:35:30 am »
Why don't you shove em up your poopers. Heaven knows that where everything else you love ends up. Ends up....unintended funny.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2007, 11:40:12 am »
Why don't you shove em up your poopers. Heaven knows that where everything else you love ends up. Ends up....unintended funny.

Doxie... what the hell do you think I am?

;)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2007, 11:57:54 am »
on a personal note, I think you are aces and a jolly good sport. :-*

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2007, 12:08:52 pm »

See, snorting only lets you get a small percentage of the drug, ingesting orally gets you about 90%. 

Snorting hits you faster, but we wanted buck, not bang.  Or something.   ;)

Bang for buck didn't matter when I had a bottle of 240 1mg pills in front of me, only ultimate effect.  Snorting did entirely different things for some reason, so much so that I at one point I had to muster self-discipline and halt such shenanigans.

PLEASE NOTE:  this was a 5 years ago so no judgments from the lurkers

Offline northernguy

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2007, 12:09:19 pm »
Thanks to MtD and philly for articulating what I had been feeling, in a far better manner than I could.  Suffice to say that if I had received the supportive welcome our 19 year old friend had, I would have headed toward the nearest gas oven without a match.

As to Poz, I've never read it.  My doc's office never stocked it and my magazine buying habit is limited to car and plane mags with the occasional men's fitness magazine if there's a hottie on the cover (oops, my shallowness revealed).
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2007, 12:11:19 pm »
Yeah, if I had had to post lab reports and photo IDs on here to prove that I was positive a year ago I think I would have high tailed it elsewhere.

Offline Carolann

« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2007, 12:40:30 pm »
I think the real issue here is that people do not feel represented by POZ magazine. The real question is why? Well, if you ever look at any magazine, let us take a diabetes mag for example. They will also put nice pleasant pictures of people enjoying their lives. Is this the case for everyone with this disease, no. My mom has had horrible complications with it.

I agree with Matty that bashing a 19 year old is catty at best. This from a forum member who keeps throwing out the designer names in his closet. How much more superficial can you get than that? If you have issue with the content, then ask for change in a constructive way.  We all have flaws, and a glittery myspace ad may not be for you (or me). But, this is what young people are doing.

Anyone with HIV breaks my heart, but especially a 19 year old. I do not think he is putting out the reality that his life may  not always be so glam. This is one person they chose to profile. If you want other types of people featured, let them know.

As someone who has been through several not so pretty battles with this disease, I can see the outrage if all that is being said is that HIV is no big deal, but I doubt that is the only message that POZ mag is putting out. I for one am happy when people are doing great with the new treatments and hope that the curent assessment of life expectancy for people today is what we are being told.

Again, I see a big ongoing resentment that the newly diagnosed are not suffering like the ones before, and that they live in la-la land. It is their reality for now. Maybe not for me or others on here. Who knows if the optimism is true. All I know is I was dying before the meds came along, and as long as I have some semblance of a life, I will continue to be thankful for what is available today, even if my mug never makes it on a cover.

CA

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »
Whether or not someone is superficial is irrelevant both to the conversation and to POZ cover selections.  Superficial people get HIV.

ugh... I'm so over all of this.  Seriously.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2007, 01:15:52 pm »
ZzzzZZzzzzZzzzzzzzzzz
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2007, 01:18:59 pm »
::summons Mr. Warhol::

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2007, 05:13:39 pm »

Color me flabbergasted.

Invite commentary and you might not get the response you expect.

For the record, it is kinda that simple.  I saw the article on the poz website before reading the thread here.  I didn't know jesse was a member until after that.  I wasn't influenced at all by any of his prior activity here in the forums.

Something about this all seems very similar to the whole CSI thing.  Great idea. Poor execution, delivery and content.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:23:23 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2007, 05:43:11 pm »
Invite commentary and you might not get the response you expect.

For the record, it is kinda that simple.  I saw the article on the poz website before reading the thread here.  I didn't know jesse was a member until after that.  I wasn't influenced at all by any of his prior activity here in the forums.

Something about this all seems very similar to the whole CSI thing.  Great idea. Poor execution, delivery and content.

It really bears pointing out that the whole "at least" part of the "at least I'm not a flamer" quote you attributed to jesse was not his, but yours.  As it was, jesse was only making a statement about falling somewhere in the middle of the butch-to-feminine range...not making a derogatory slight towards the more feminine among us.

That part was manufactured by you, dingo.  The exact quote from the  article is below.

Nor does Sanchez have gay teenagers for friends or lovers—and he doesn’t particularly want any. “The young gay guys, they hate on you,” he says. They discriminate against “feminine” men, he says, just like the straight boys in fifth grade PE class who called him a fag. (“I’m not the butchest thing ever, but I’m not a flamer,” says Sanchez.)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2007, 05:58:35 pm »
brackets my dear.  brackets.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.