Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:30:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 471
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 468
Total: 468

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: It's cold here in NZ..i hope this works  (Read 5876 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
It's cold here in NZ..i hope this works
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:17:19 pm »

in need of  warms hugs

Hugs
Jan :-*

don't know why I can't get this into the main body of the post..any suggestions?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 10:26:39 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: It's cold here in NZ..i hope this works
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:34:09 pm »
Whew Jan!!!! You weren't kidding. Brrrrrr.
Sending chicken soup dreams, and hot cocoa thoughts your way. :)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:04:59 pm »
Hugs....Jan.....

Maybe you can get some of that lamb's wool or the alpalca to keep you warm....

I'd gladly give you some of my heat...tomorrow is forcast for 37'C (100').  right now, at 8p. it's 31'C (89'.)

robert

(whose working on his audio and if when he gets it up and running he'll give you a buzz.  That'll warm the cockles.)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:06:45 pm »
Oooo Jan that looks COOOOOLD....

Here's your "100 degrees warm" Alabama Hug...

(((((JAN)))))
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 11:25:01 pm »

Jan,

Years ago I was given a book from this hot stud businessman That’s called “New Zealand a Celebration” by a Curry O’Neil and a few other people. What a beautiful country. I’m not one that cares much for traveling but if the opportunity ever arose for me to get to New Zealand, in a heart beat I'd go.

Toss another log on the fire have a hot toddy and think of all the people you have warmed with your kind words. Darn I think I’m getting C-Nile again/still.  ???

Terry

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 11:53:23 pm »
Hey Jan,
Here's a nice hot hug from New Mexico, where it was 96 degrees F today, with dust blowing everywhere.

No rain, just dust.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 12:56:03 am »
i think i'm geographically retarded, but i thought all of aussiesland (and that big damn island) was a huge friggin desert. 

of course i'm dealing with 80 degrees and very HOT humidity... ugh.. don't even go outside kind of weather here... i imagine its the same there... but at least you can have fun in the snow.

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 04:18:47 am »
It's supposed to be 98 degrees F  (38 degrees C) in the East Bay (SF Bay Area) tomorrow. 

Can you settle with an air kiss, luv?

(Glad you've returned from the back 40 safe and sound though!)

John

Offline Markmt

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:13 am »
Brrrrrr...keep warm Jan.....hugs from an unusually mild June in the med  (while i hear that the centre and north of Europe were/are busking in the Sun!  8)..

Quote from: DingoBoi

..... i thought all of aussiesland (and that big damn island) was a huge friggin desert. 

Jan is in Kiwi Land Dingo :)

"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 08:11:32 pm »
Dear Jan,

I was just thinking about you this afternoon.  We are having a heat wave as is not unusual in June, in the northern hemisphere.  I have 2 air conditioners going at once, have been down the street to the river a few times and am still hotter than the 4th of July.  This in itself I find amusing because in NZ, the 4th of July is colder than a you know what and you must swelter in December, while I can't keep warm.

Tonight while you are building fires and bundling up in sweaters, I am putting the top down on the convertible and going for a ride in the country.  What a wonderful world we live in.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 08:26:34 pm »
Jan-a-doodles!

Oh my freaking god!   :o   This reversed season thing just confuses me beyond end!  Summer is finally starting to show up here, and then I see your picture and I get completely confused.

As far as getting a picture in the body of your post, it has to be a picture that is linked from someplace already on the web to get into the body.  Otherwise it goes at the bottom as an attachment.

For instance, the picture in your post that is at the bottom as an attachment, could now be placed into the body of another post by linking to the original picture.  (Or something like that.) 

RAB

(who's just as confused   ??? as Jan when it comes to this stuff--but who is looking at 76 degrees right now and loving it!  He He He)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:33:01 pm by RAB »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 09:08:26 pm »
Thank you all for sending some warmth my way...the hot chicken dreams, the air kisses, and the warm hugs are working wonders....just wait until Christmas, I will be the one smiling  and sending warm hugs your way....snow is starting to melt now , but it's still cold.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 11:28:26 am »
Ann,
Just the other day the temperature here went to 99 degrees. That’s a little too hot. However it’s only a short walk from my front door to the river which is always refreshing if you just want to wet the feet.

I hope that I’m able to post this picture of the Russian River. My house (You can’t see it) is behind those trees on the left. Straight-ahead for about eighteen miles (As the crow fly’) is the Pacific Ocean.

Terry

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 11:31:31 am by Terry »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.