Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 347
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues  (Read 49953 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2009, 08:57:36 am »
Hi Em~

Yes, I've thought of most of those things and my best friend is a realtor.  I will definitely NOT post the house on Craig's list.  I'm told you get a lot of "tire kickers" that way.  I will post in the local paper, the grocery stores and at the military base nearby.  I'm just stressing out.  Ice says not to worry, everyone he's talked to says that we will rent fast.  I hope he's right.  I went to the house yest and cleaned some things out and checked out the paint.  It looks really nice, but there's a lot to do with clean-up.  I told Ice to get his butt in gear for the weekend!

OK, Rat dog has been barking all morning and I just got up.  Well, for the second time.  I was up at 5am with Ice to take care of the dogs and then tried to sleep again with rat dog barking in the basement. 

I think we'll have him for dinner tonight.  On the grill.     >:(

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2009, 12:08:15 pm »
Hi Em~

Yes, I've thought of most of those things and my best friend is a realtor.  I will definitely NOT post the house on Craig's list.  I'm told you get a lot of "tire kickers" that way. 

Wonder if that is a regional as we have good success in our area with rentals on Craigslist. Several people I know have said they'll never buy an ad again. It is always nice to have a realtor as a friend--mine is a next-door neighbor. Best of luck.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2009, 12:09:47 pm »
Hi GFs~

Its a holiday and I am sitting in the house alone, thinking too much.  That pain in the ass dog woke me up at 6am from the room across the hall, yapping and yapping.  I open the door and he has peed on the carpet in the kids room.  White carpet, at that.  Go figure.  I go down two flights of stairs with Rat dog and get him out into the backyard.  I go up two flights of stairs to get Cheech out of my bedroom and bring him down to the bsmt, where Rat dog is still outside.  I put Cheech inside the bsmt bathroom and let Rat Dog in, closing him into the laundry room around the corner.  I let Cheech out of the bathroom so that HE can go outside.  Gheeeez!  I let Cheech in and close him out into the bsmt hallway and let Rat dog out of the laundry room.  I shimmy in btwn the doorway out into the hall, keeping Cheech back with my feet.  Rat dog is behind me, looking into the hall where Cheech can see him.  Dumbass has a death wish.

Its not easy to move first thing in the morning with fibromyalgia and a full bladder from high blood sugar.  My mornings aren't easy.  I texted Ice right when I woke up, as he was driving to work, and said the dog woke me up yapping.

I am losing my ever-loving mind.  I had a 4-day weekend planned, and I find out Ice had to work on the 4th, so we are missing a great pool party at a friend's house.  OK, fine, I let it go.  Some down time might be nice, I think to myself.  I have had no down time with this dog here!  Ice knows I wasn't keen on the whole dog-sitting thing and I told him last week that he really needed to help me with this.  He has been working the first three days that the dog has been here.  Tomorrow we go to my house to clean up more stuff and I am exhausted.  I know Ice is exhausted, too.  He has been on his feet 10 hours a day, selling and doing a great job.  I feel guilty for being pissed at the dog and speaking up about it, but I am sick of everyone else coming first.

Especially a little shit dog that belongs to his ex who can't possibly afford to put him in a kennel for 9 days.   >:(   >:(   >:(

Am I thinking too much?  I texted Ice this morning after I got the dogs squared away and asked if he had fed the fish, which we are also petsitting.  Nope.  Ok, no biggie, don't sweat it, its a goldfish.  It poops in its water, nothing to clean up, lol.  "Yay."   Ice called and I told him that his ex not being able to afford to put Rat dog in the kennel shouldn't be MY problem in MY house (on my vacation, even, but that has gone out the fucking window at this point.)  I told him that if Cheech was still alive and kicking next year, we were NOT watching this dog.  Then I said even if Cheech were here, we are NOT watching this dog.  You know the past few times Rat dog has come over with the kids, it went up the stairs and lifted its leg on the banister?  So, no matter who is here, the dog will continue to piss in this house.  

What will be fun is when I go back to work this Monday and no one is here.  The dog barks whenever it is behind a closed door, and now its pissing in the house even when we're around.  There is no way he will be able to hold it for 11 hours on Monday.  I guess I will have to lock him in the basement hallway on tiled floor, in case he messes.  He will freeze his ass off down there, but oh well.  I have even given him Cheech's dog bed to sleep in.  Hopefully he won't push the baby gate down like he did yest when I took Cheech for a walk.  Cheech will kill him, but Cheech is afraid of babygates and steers clear.  You just have to lean it across an entryway and Cheech will stay back.  Rat dog knocked the damn thing over yest and proceeded to jump up on the furniture, barking out the window so incessantly that I could hear him up the street.  I absolutely hate the racket.

I'm just going to barricade him into the bsmt tomorrow btwn the gate and a closed door and his demise via Cheech is totally up to him.

And you all know how much I love dogs.  Ice wanted to put him in the garage but I said it would get too hot.  Now I am having second thoughts....

Forgive me for rambling about  a stupid-ass dog, but I am exhausted and needed to vent.

Happy 4th, GFs.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:59:47 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2009, 12:29:21 pm »
Hey everyone! It seems like everyone's summer is busy.  :)

Cindy- I LOVE dogs but also hate the yappers. You know, he might be peeing everywhere because he is mad. A lot of dogs do that. Good luck with him... :)

Betty- I am right there with you in regards to fair food. Love it!!! Have fun :)

Queen- I don't really know much about computers but I am glad yours works better.

Well again there's nothing really to report. My mom is in town to help my grandparents. My grandpa had knee replacement surgery and will be in the hospital until Monday. My grandma can't drive so she is helping out there. My sister and I are enjoying spending time with her. We went shopping yesterday... ;D

I don't really have anything planned today. Happy Fourth of July!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2009, 01:36:19 pm »
Happy 4th ladies,

Cin, I don't blame you for being so angry at that fucking dog.  I would be also.  I like animals, but cannot stand to be around a yappy dog.  When I was a kid, we had a poodle, and I swore I would never have a little dog when I got older.  Anyway, I hope you have some good times this weekend.

Andrea, I'm glad you're enjoying your mom.  Special times.

The fair was nice.  I ate 1/2 an elephant ear, pizza, and some kind of fruity drink.  I normally don't drink anything with sugar in it, because of it sending my blood sugar skyrocketing, but, well, yesterday was special.  I brought home some cotton candy.  They had (this is true) deep-friend Pepsi.  I have no clue what it was, I didn't get any.  I should have gotten a deep-friend Reese's, damn it. 

Tonight I'm supposed to be going to see a concert at the local ballpark.  Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, and John Mellencamp.  I was really looking forward to going, until I found out no one is allowed to take in chairs.  I called the ballpark, and they said it's concert-promoter's rules, not theirs.  I really have no clue how I'm going to stand for all that time, with a brace on my leg (and no cartilage in either knee, and one of the knees having been fractured about 10 years ago, so it's deformed).  I guess we're allowed to bring in blankets.  I just hope everything works out alright.  Maybe if a few of the seats in the park aren't sold out, I can sit in one of them.  I don't know how that works.  Anyway, I don't want a good concert being fucked up.  So, keep fingers crossed that things work out.

Other than that, I guess nothing else is going on.  Tomorrow I'll probably clean.  You all have a wonderful 4th (and you too, Ann, even though I know it's not celebrated there).
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2009, 02:04:48 pm »
Cindy- I LOVE dogs but also hate the yappers. You know, he might be peeing everywhere because he is mad. A lot of dogs do that. Good luck with him... :)

I'm going to start peeing everywhere cause I'm mad, too, lol!   ::)

BT, just park your butt on the ground.  Have a friend help you to sit down on a folded up towel so your ass doesn't start hurting.  No sense in standing because it would be too hard for you.  Now, if Mellencamp starts playing "Blood On the Scarecrow" make sure that your friend gets you off your ass in a hurry so you can boogie for just a minute to that one!  :)

~Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 11:31:08 am »
Well, the concert was wonderful, but I'm really paying for it today.  People laid down blankets, but when Mellencamp came out, that was the end of people sitting on blankets.  So, I had stood for an hour at the gate waiting to get in, then I stood the whole time during Mellencamp.  The first song he sang was "Pink Houses," which is one of my faves.  And Cin, he did sing "Blood on the Scarecrow."  Everyone was on their feet.  After Mellencamp, I moved out away from the crowd in front of the stage, and went over to the grassy part so I could sit down.  But, I had stood for like 3 hours on my feet, plus the day before walking all around the fair, so my knees and back (which hurts because of my knees being fucked up, they throw my hips off) are extremely fucked up.  Bob Dylan was great, and Willie Nelson sang for a long time.  Of course, Willie has been around so long, he probably could have sang all night.  Then they had a kick-ass fireworks show.  So, all in all, it was a good time.  I'll just be using my cane for a few days (hee).  Talk about feeling old!  Anyway, I hope everyone else had a good 4th.

And Cin, just pee all you want!  You should be able to, for putting up with Mr. Yappy.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline vivyt

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 11:47:28 am »
Good Morning!

Wow Betty. It sure sounds like you had a really good time. I hope you recoperate soon!  ;D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 09:13:03 pm »
Hi GFs~

BT, glad you had such a great time at the show.  Take it easy while you recoup!

Well low and behold the ex is coming back tonight instead of Thursday, so we only have the dog through Monday evening.  All this evening I was waiting for her to come by with the kids and get the dog and Ice is falling asleep on the couch.  Its 815pm and I tell him to wake up in case the girls arrive, it should be any minute.  That's when he says they are coming by Monday night to get the dog.

I thanked him for telling me in advance.   ::)

I have a good mind to drive over to the next neighborhood and deliver the dog myself.  Turns out the kids and their mother had a change of plans, so we are helping them out by keeping the dog tonight.  I don't get it.  I am ready to hide a key under the mat and have them come tomorrow morning.

Ice is such a pushover.  I just dare that dog to piss and shit tomorrow while we are gone.  Ice can get home first.  Hee!

Full moon is gorgeous tonight!  People will be nuts by tomorrow.

~Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2009, 07:30:37 pm »
Ice got home first.                           ;D

Offline missy

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 09:03:38 pm »
Yeah...hang in there gf..Mary

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 04:31:44 am »
Hi everyone. Hope you had a good holiday. We headed to western PA to see our families and had a great time! We saw fireworks Friday and Saturday and Lucas really enjoyed them.
My niece was up from Florida with her new man. So far so good.  :) He's cute and employed.  ;) On top of that he braved being at my mom's house and meeting most of the family. ;D Not only did he meet us all, he played with Lucas and my God daughters and tried to make him self helpful at meal times. :o I hope he's as good as he seemed, Dana is a good kid and deserves a decent man.

Moonlight: I'd let the messes for ice to deal with ;).
Betty: I'm glad you had a good time! Sounds like it was worth the canes lol.
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 05:53:40 am »
Hey ladies,

Cin, I bet you're glad that yapper is gone.  I'm glad Ice got home first the other day.

#1, I'm glad you had a good little vacation.  Hopefully that guy will turn out to be the real thing for your niece.

Nothing much going on today.  Just that temp job.  Which ends Friday.  I told them I would still volunteer there until I got a perm job.  It's a good agency.  I wonder where Camms, mum, Cristy (though I see her posting in other parts of the forums), and Wish have been?   Hopefully we'll hear from some of them soon.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2009, 11:08:47 am »
I see it is kinda slow in here lately. I guess everyone is enjoying the weather, though it seems like we got a lot of rain this summer. Not much to report really, counting down the days once again til I get to NY. I am also waiting on the UPS man to come. He's delivering me some RAM for my laptop. More memory means no lagging for me in Warcraft..YAY...The guys at Geek Squad showed me how to install it, for free. Gotta love FREE!!!

LMAO about Cindy and the little ankle biter. That's one of the reasons I do cats. They're quiet and clean themselves... :D But since Papi is allergic to cats, I am considering getting an iguana. But that's in the near future once I get into my own place.

Have a good day.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2009, 11:19:13 am »
Good Morning Ladies,

It's been a while.  I just made it back from a vacation in Illinois(sp?) It was wonderful. I'm tired as hell today though. It was a 13 hour ride.  I got my lab results before I left. My VL was 600+ down from 800+  I was really bummed OWell, im still U/D.

Queen- R U ready to move? I was reading a book about the life in Harlem. It sounds great. R u going 2 B close to Harlem when you move.

Snow- How's it going?

BT- How are you doing? Any luck with finding a job.

Moonlight- The moon has been beautiful.

Hello to everyone, mum, #1 mom, netta, missy, viv, and anyone else I may have missed.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2009, 08:08:42 pm »
Keeping--- I am more than ready to move. I don't even want to be in Pa anymore. Still in the process of getting that all together. Paperwork, final doctor appointments, etc. Hmm, I know I will be living in Woodside, NY which I think is a borough of Queens. Not sure how close that is to Harlem, though I will be going there to get my hair professionally braided...I was bummed about my last results too. And still don't get it. I try not to stress over it though it is hard not too sometimes. At least you're not dealing with diabetes on the side...*sighs*...Wondered what happened to you. Good to see you.

I added more memory to my laptop today. This sucker is flying now. I couldn't be happier, it'll do til I can afford to get a new one. I've had this one for 4 years. But it serves its purpose. Now that I have gotten bills out of the way, I can rest til the middle of next week. Then it is more appointments. I can't complain, it's stuff I got to get out the way.

That's about it for me.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2009, 08:15:51 pm »
Welcome Back Keeping- I hope you had a fun trip!

Moon- You are too funny.  I call my little one, the butt warmer, she is sitting behind my back as I type.  I would have let the two of them together slowly, it might have calmed her down a bit.  I used to try to keep mine apart but it was too stressful.  I have a pit and a little one and they get along great now.  The little one lets the pit know if he is playing too rough, which is funny to see cuz she is just a little bigger than his head.

BT- The concert sounded like a lot of fun. I hate having to stand around for a long time and I don't have anything wrong with my knees, it is just plan exhausting.  I hope you have recuperated(sp?)

Queen- Have you called to see how much the storage units are? I just had to empty one for my friends whose daughter died and she was paying almost $400 a month, ,makes me wish I owned a storage building, they make out like bandits.

#1- Your nieces man sounds like he is kind and caring, always a good indicator how people treat kids.

We have been getting a ton of rain here.  We have only had 2 days that it hasn't rained, so it has been kind of miserable around here.  Two out of my 3some have strep :-\ and I have been feeling kinda of crappy myself. I am so glad I have never gotten married, in the state of Mass anyway.  My oldest sons step mother is trying to get divorced from his father. They have been jerking here around making her go back and forth to court.  Supposedly, you have to wait 6 months and she was in court for the RO at 5 months, so they wouldnt do it, then she went back a few months later regarding visitation and was supposed to do it but didn't, they finally gave her a date today and wouldn't do it because he doesn't want one???  WTF! She has a lifelong RO on him, it just makes no sense. I have to go back next week for child support, I hope I don't f'd over too.

Hope everyone is doing good! Sorry if I missed anyone.

Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2009, 09:26:26 pm »
So sad about Michael today.  May he rest in peace.  What a gift his music was for us.

More tomorrow, GFs.  Too tired, so sorry.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:48:08 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2009, 02:29:13 am »
Snow---Nah, I have given up on the storage units because it is too much money. I have gotten rid of my living room furniture already. My bff is going to get a few things if she can come up with the truck again. That's who has gotten my couches. She will probably end up with my deep freezer too. I still have a metal bunkbed/futon that needs to go along with a few other things. I am considering putting some things on Freecycle just to see if they will get out of here quicker. Now it has turned into an everything must go kinda thing. I've had most of my stuff for quite awhile so I am going to start over again.

I have my Section 8 appointment next week so I can get my transfer voucher for NY. But I have to wait on a letter from my manager saying that I don't owe anything in rent. Hell, I need my ass kicked if I was, low as my rent is.

Cindy---I hate to sound horrible but I am glad that it is over. I did peep a little bit of it on tv and saw that little Paris' words melted the world's heart....I almost want to gag....almost. Time to let the man rest in peace.....finally!!!!

Just thought I would check in before bed.....Night
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2009, 07:01:49 am »
Morning all,

Keeping, good to hear from you!  I haven't been able to find a job.  Lots of people in my area aren't able to find jobs.  For every job, there's over 100 applicants.  It's crazy.

Queen, I need to add memory to my computer, but I will probably ask my brother's girlfriend about it, since she's the computer nerd.

Snow, are you saying people have to wait 5 months to get divorced?  That's insane.  Though I know here, people have to take classes for everything now.  And people who want to get divorced have to see a counselor to make sure that's the best thing to do.  Hello?! 

I watched most of MJ's memorial service.  I liked the parts I saw.  I will always remember how he (MJ) befriended Ryan White when all the hysteria was going on and he was banned from school.  And when he died, Michael was right there for his mum.  So, how he (MJ) handled the Aids crisis, I was and am very impressed with.  And until some of the people spoke yesterday, I never knew all the good he did in the world. 

Anyway, nothing going on today.  Just the temp job; I only have 3 more days left there.  I still intend to volunteer there until I find a job (which may be never, the way things are going).  I swear, people who have jobs should be damn grateful, 'cause I hear from lots of people who would take a job in a minute if someone wants to give one up.

Offline missy

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2009, 06:35:50 pm »
BT, hang in there gf things have got to let up..I agree with you, I feel blessed to have a job today.

When I filed for my divorce in MD, I had to wait a whole year for it to be final...go figure.
I was just happy to move on after 28 years.  I guess in the end the grass wasn't greener on the other side, but all I could say was Oh well!

Moon, I am happy you are rid of the dog you were better than I would have been.

Have a great evening. Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2009, 08:00:20 pm »
Hi GFs~

Whew work was non-stop today, but that's when I'm at my best.  I am banging out the work faster than the bank stmts can arrive.  We lose two days from the office next week because my department has offsite training for the new accounting software.  I hope I'm not bored to death, but we'll see.

I got my labs back today, CD4 at 600 and undetectable.  I'm not sure which % I'm supposed to look at, the "% CD4 Pos. Lymph" or the "% CD8 Pos. Lymph,"  so I'll have to look it up.  They are 37.5% and 32.4% respectively.  Just checked, I believe its the CD4% that you look at, so I'm at 37.5%.  Down a little bit, but not so bad.  My cholesterol and A1C need a little help, I'm at 201 for total cholesterol and my glycohemoglobin A1C is at 8.4.  It should be around 7.0 or under for diabetics.  I spoke with my doc about it being near 8.0 the last time I saw him, and he said its not too bad, showed me a little graph and stuff to explain it.  He started by asking me if I liked math and numbers before he drew the graph.  Um, YES, numbers are my life!  Hee! :D

Ice took the kids' to oldest kid's soccer game so I haven't seen him yet tonight, but he'll be home soon.

I am really excited about renting my TH, we're getting really close to advertising it.  Also, in March I will have my last car payment after having a 5-year loan, and the car is still in great shape.  I am looking forward to the extra money.  OK, this screen is hopping around and I can't see what I'm typing -- anyone else have that problem?  Control A, then Control C to copy, lol!

OK, Robert McNamara, Sec of Defense during the Vietnam War era died earlier this week and now I heard Oscar Mayer died at age 95.  That's 2 out of 3 for the third set of three M's.....spoooooky.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:05:38 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2009, 12:18:55 am »
Hey everyone! It sounds like everyone is doing well.

Moon- Now you and Ice can get back to normal!

Betty- Maybe when you volunteer at the temp job you have they will hire you for something that comes up.

Well I have just been hanging out with my mom, babysitting, and trying not to spend any money...LOL! Things have been very quiet and calm...of course now that I put it out there things are bound to change.

Hello to everyone- Missy, Queen, Snow, Keeping, and #1.

Andrea

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2009, 08:39:41 pm »
Hi GFs~

Well, my coworker and I went to mgmt at work today to complain.  Yep, this other emp has been making mistakes every month and I am the one to find them when we receive payments.  The payments don't match what's in the computer, so is the payer wrong or is our company wrong?  Go to the files to check it out, find out we are wrong, and start digging and find more mistakes from there.  I started keeping a shit list with my coworker on this other emp.  Too many errors, and 2 just these past two days in a row.  I understand we all make mistakes and we have bad days, but this person is consistently messing up.  We have new accounting software going in and I shudder to think she is doing half of the data entry.  I'm sure there will be more mistakes.

I am ready to cap her ass.  Problem is, you go to her and she either says that she'll make an entry to adjust the problem, which leaves things looking messy, or she's not matched her entries up to letters that have gone to clients already.  ...and the letters?  Messsssssy job, makes us look bad.  I told my mgr that I turned her in to her mgr so let it begin.  I gave her 7 or 8 chances in 2 months to get her crap together.  One day she nearly tore my head off so I let my coworker deal with her.  I am like Inspector Gadget at work, if its wrong, I will find it.  I guess that's why they kept me.

Oh boy, here goes the hopping screen again, but I am looking at the keyboard now instead, lol.  

Good news today, Ice finally got our place refinanced after pushing for 2 months, so it will save on the mortgage.  Also, we have the carpet installation appt set for next week, so pretty soon someone else can live in my old TH. We have a busy Sunday coming up at my place to do the final clean-up, which will be exhausting, but its gotta be done.  There is 16 years of dust in the corners of my place.  I'm gonna get the shop vac out and clean like a mad woman, lol!

Maybe I'll go on Saturday while Ice is working, but he's taking my car in for an oil change.  I am too chicken to drive his pick-up truck, but maybe I'll give it a shot.  I'm in a small SUV, so I'm used to sitting up high.  I'll prob chicken out, lol.

I can't figure if my Army brother has gone back over or not.  He was supposed to, so I am praying that he's OK.

Hope everyone is well.  I am enjoying this cool July weather!  Oooh "Compatibility View" helped the jumpy screen!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:44:25 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2009, 09:15:25 pm »
Hey Gf it sounds like you had one of my days. I thought I was getting caught up until I found out this morning I have to go to Cleveland Monday and Tuesday, then my realtor called and I have a showing tomorrow, so I had to clean house this evening too.

Yesterday I was suppose to give feedback to one of the guys that works for me and realized when I set the meeting up in my calendar I forgot to invite him.  I think I am having one of those weeks!

Have a great one ...Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 06:53:27 am »
Hey ladies,

Cin, I did the compatibility view thing also to see if it helps the jumpy screen.  I hope that employee gets taken care of.  And I hope you and Ice get your place cleaned up so you can rent it soon!  That will be a load off your mind.

Andrea, at the place I'm at, the only paid positions are the supervisors (3 at the 3 locations) and the volunteer coordinator.  Everyone else is a volunteer, even the job search/budget counseling person.  Volunteerism is huge in this town because of there being so many nonprofits. 

Mary, I hope your week improves.

Yeah, today is the last "paid" day at the place I'm at.  Next week I'll start volunteering there.  There are so many people without work, so I don't feel so alone.        In the fall at one of the universities, they're going to have a graduate certificate program in alcohol and drug counseling.  I really would like to get into it.  And as far as I know, it prepares a person to take the test for state certification for drug and alcohol counseling.  That would probably make me a bit more employable; if nothing else, it may put some letters after my name. :)

So, I think this weekend I'll be cleaning.  Nothing else planned.  You ladies have a good day.  And where have Camms and mum been?  Also, the compatibilitiy view helped.  No more jumping screen.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:45 pm »
Good afternoon, ladies!  Hubby and i have been busy making the bathroom downstairs usable.  It's a full bathroom, but the shower and toilet didn't work, it was dark and dank, and we never used it.  I got tired of 8 of us sharing 1 bathroom, so I set out to make it usable.  It turned out SO nice, if I do say so myself (and I do ;D)  We were able to do everything: fix the shower, the toilet, take down the old wallpaper and border, paint it, put up new border, get new rugs, towels, shelves, nick-nacks, and a 12-inch white picket fence for.....DRUM ROLL.....$85! 

The only thing left is to paint the part between the top of the shower and the ceiling.  I went to ACE to have them color match the paint and it is a horrid match - not even the same color!  The guy told me that once it dried, it would match, but it doesn't.  Now I have to take it back tomorrow and have them do it again. >:(

I need to do that change thing so my screen quits jumping.  I'm just glad I'm not the only one it was happening to.

Betty, I think it's wonderful that you will stay around and volunteer.  So many people need so much help.  I just don't see an end in sight.  It's really sad.

Cindy, I can't stand stuck-up yappy dogs.

Queen, safe travels to you, hun.  Let us know you made it there safely.  Good grief, I sound like my mother ;)

I hope the rest of you are having a great Friday.  Any plans for the weekend?  Ok, screen is jumping, I must go.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 04:20:43 pm »
Afternoon Ladies----

Just got back in not too long ago from grocery shopping. Now I have a bit of a headache, I think it is from the heat. It's like 80 something out there. I hurried up and flew in my nice comfortable ac cooled room. I did put the things on my local freecycle and have been getting mad replies. Someone is suppose to come through later to get the stuffed animals and tomorrow someone for the bunk bed. Am still waiting on someone to scoop up the glass coffee table and the entertainment shelf.

Things are still great with me and Papi. Now he is talking about coming here to see me because he misses me and we go back to NY together on the 24. It's not written in stone but I hope he comes because I miss him.

Mum- So, you're a DIYer huh? That's cool, if I had my own house I would be too. I like to do yard work. I guess that comes from planting flowers with my Mom and working for the Parks Dept in Miami Beach. It gives one a sense of accomplishment, well to me anyways.... ;D

Betty--Volunteering is great when it's something you love doing. I use to volunteer here as a dj at the college station. I love music but it's also ironic in a way now since I am partially deaf. Life has a warped sense of humor, I tell ya. But it also let's me get away with a lot of stuff too.... ;)

Hey, does anyone know what it is called when a person can service a computer? Once I get settled in NY, I am going to try once again to go to school. And that's what I want to go for. I want to be able to tinker with computers. Any information would be helpful.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2009, 07:20:53 pm »
TGIF  yeah!!!!!

I am so glad it is Friday!  What a week, I took off early today (vacation) and when to the gym and hit the pool. He was such a gorgeous day with the sun shinning so pretty, I couldn't stand sitting behind a desk.

I have to go to Cleveland next week, but I can use a break.  Going out with my gf's tonight, just have some fun and a couple of drinks. 

Have a great weekend everyone.  Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2009, 06:50:21 am »
Queen, are you thinking computer repair or more IT (information technology)?  We have a friend who went to a 4-yr college for IT back in the day and told Hubby that you can learn more from a good 2-yr tech. college (and it's cheaper).  I hear you about the heat.  I liked it better when it was 65 last weekend.  We watched fireworks on the 4th in jackets and blankets.  My kind of weather.  Since it was so cold for so long, I'm bracing for a scortching August.  I don't do heat well at all.

DIY'er?  If that means "cheapskate", then yeah, I am.  I have more time than money - lol.  I like the look of a nice garden, but I can't take being out in the heat pulling weeds and tending to it.  I've planted a lot of bulbs so I only have to plant once.  Trick is to buy perennial plants when they are dead and miserable looking.  Stores will put them on sale for 50% - 75% off.  Doesn't matter if they're dead when you plant them because they'll come back next year looking beautiful.  Next project is painting our bedroom and putting down hardwood floors.

Nothing going on today.  I need to take the paint back to Ace and have it re-matched then off to the grocery store.  If it doesn't rain, I'll do laundry.  Laundry and dishes - one day I'll join a nudist colony that uses paper plates and plastic forks :P

Hope you all are having a good one!
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2009, 09:23:54 am »
Hi GFs~

Betty, I've never said it, but I think its great that you work where you do.  Now that you're volunteering, that's even more to be proud of.  It would be awesome if you could be a counselor next winter after a few more classes.

Mary~  How did the showing go last night?  Has your place been on the market long?  Are you planning for a big move or somewhere else close by?  I see we're in the same state, so I ask.  :)

Queen~  That's sweet that Papi wants to come see you.  That would be great to have him along for the trip to NY!  If I was there I would take your coffee table.  ;)  I remember in Fall 2007 when you told me about Freecycle.  Ice thought I was crazy, but we cleaned out my house and I won't let him pitch the bagless vaccuum I got back then!  Hee!  As far as tinkering with computers, Mum was right.  The IT part of it used to be very competitive but now the jobs are harder to find.  You usually see men in that role, programming systems, etc, but we actually have a woman at our place who sets up our new servers and all.  It seems like you want to do the tinkering and repairing, and Mum is right, a 2-year college or something would get you exactly what you need.  :)

Mum~  "DIY" stands for "Do It Yourself" and I think Queen was referring to you and Hubby getting the bathroom ready, plumbing, etc.  You know Ice and I TORE everything out of the bathroom at my old place, down to the subfloor?  This was last March, and he kept insisting we "DIY" to save money on labor.  Problem was, we only had one or two DAYS a month to work on it bec of having the kids and him working on Saturdays.  We finally got it done in mid-June, and if you've been reading we called the painters in a few weeks ago.  You know Ice didn't tell them the nice , NEW paint in the redone bathroom wasn't to be painted over, lol?  Yep, nice shade of green is now antique white.  Ice had to put silicone on the walls in a few spots, to trim near the shower and molding on the floor, so when the painters came in, the antique white didn't fully paint over the silicone.  

Yep, we have a few "splotches" of green showing through in about four areas of the bathroom, like a kid took the light-green crayon out of the 64-pack and scribbled on the wall.  Ice is gonna try to cover it with drywall mud, and THEN paint over it with antique white, hoping it adheres to the mud and covers the spot up....which will then be "mud-colored" and not green.   Oh dear.

Tomorrow is the big clean-up day.  Get anything left on the floor, OFF the floor and preferably out of the house or into the bsmt.  Carpet guys are coming out soon and then its just cleaning the kitchen and get the place ready to show.  I wonder if anyone Freecycles their stoves or washers?  I could try.  What an idea...but I bet those things go quick.

OK, laundry today.  I kicked ass at work yesterday, waaaaaaaay ahead in case next week is hectic.  We have to double-enter everything at work in the old accounting system as well as the new.  I'm bracing myself.

Mum, I hope this cooler summer continues and we don't get a heatwave in August.  This is the best summer I can remember for a long time!

Have a great weekend GFs!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:18:05 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2009, 09:37:27 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, reading about what you and Cin do to your places makes me tired.  So tired, I don't know if I'll be able to clean today or not (just kidding).  Really, I admire people who can do that.  I've never tried anything major, for fear of it costing more to fix than to change.  How's Mim doing?

Queen, I know about getting away with shit.  Because I wear a brace on one of my knees, usually if I go somewhere where there's no seats, someone offers me their seat. ;D  Not all the time, but usually.

Cin, I would love to do counseling.  In order to do that, I'd have to get my master's.  Here, in Indiana, someone has to have their master's to be called a counselor.  That is, if the place gets state and federal funding.  But hopefully, if I completed these classes I want to get into, I at least might be able to be called a drug and booze counselor.  Anyway, I know you're anxious to get done with your house.  Good luck!

Last evening, my best gay friend and I went to the fair (yeah, again).  I bought some fudge this time to bring home, and it's so good.  I got some fried veggies and didn't really like them.  So, I got some strawberry shortcake, but instead of whipped cream, it had ice cream.  It was delicious.  Too much sugar, I know.  But, I didn't eat all the fudge last night.  Just most of it. ;)

Today I'll be cleaning.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to get laundry done.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2009, 10:23:56 am »
Good Morning!

Betty- The fair is in town. I went one year and that was enough for me. LOL! So do you think you will start the master's program in the fall? I think you would do really well as a counselor. I am finally going to finish my master's. I called the school where I went and asked them what my options were. I went through the program a couple of years ago. They have a program for teachers and I did a project and was beginning to work on my thesis. I walked in the ceremony with the understanding that I would finish that summer but I was already really getting sick and that summer I took a turn for the worse. Anyways....when I called they said that they changed the program and all I had to do was take one class and I'm done. YAY! So by December I will have my master's  ;D.

Cindy-What a pain to have to do all that stuff! I hope it gets rented right away.

Queen- That would be nice if your man could come see you... ;D

Mary- Where do you live?

Mum- Wow!!! I am impressed yet again by all that you do. I am definitely NOT a DIY'er. When I bought my first condo I told my parents that we could paint it ourselves so we started one room and I decided that it was not for me and we hired someone to finish it LOL.

Well nothing to report. I am going to breakfast with my mom and sister in a few hours and that's about it. Have a good day everyone!

Andrea

Offline missy

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2009, 01:50:40 pm »
Good afternoon gfs. 

It sounds like everyone is busy this weekend with home projects.  I thought I would take it easy so I went for a ride on my bike and then the guy came to surface the driveway, better him than me and he gave me a great price.

Andrea, I live in Chesapeake City, MD near the MD/DE line.

MUM you are really a do it yourselfer I think it is great.

Cindy the open house was a bust the Realtor couldn't get in or so she says.  She said she could not get the dead bolt open but I have 3 doors and they are all keyed alike so i don't think she tried very hard. Oh well her loss and at least my house is cleaned for the weekend. Good luck on your place...I think things are starting to pick up.

BT good luck on the IT field we have a big turnover at work so I think it is still a good field to get into

Queen- I hope you get to see your man soon.

Take care, I am going to go hit the pool.

Have a wonderful day all!

Mary

Andrea

Offline minismom

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2009, 07:12:57 am »
Cin, yeah I knew what Queen meant.  We don't do it ourselves because we have great talent, just that we're poor and cheap - got more time than money.  I would be so mad about the bathroom.  What a mess!  The next room we're tackling is our bedroom.  We're painting it in the next 2wks.  Then, we're ripping out all of the baseboards and the trim around the door, and the carpet.  We're putting down hardwood floors (eventually the whole main level except the bathroom will have the same hardwood) and putting real 1x3 inch wood baseboards and door trim.  The rest of the house will be the same way.  We've never done anything like this before, so we'll see how long it takes and how many fights we have. ;)

Betty, Mim is doing pretty good.  We go back to Dr. F on Wednesday for her fasting bloodwork and weigh-in.  I'm hoping she's gained at least the weight she's lost.  I'd LOVE it if she's gained more, but I doubt it.  Her clothes all fit the same.  I go back to my doctor on Thursday.  I can't believe how much better I feel.  I'm able to do the things I haven't been able to do for nearly 2yrs.  Our goal was to need my rescue inhaler 2x/wk.  In 4wks, since starting my meds, I've needed my inhaler 1 day!!  I had a rough day 5 days after I started them.  Since then, I've not used my inhaler or needed a breathing treatment ONCE.  I'm very pleased - and relieved.

I read Matthew's post about Kate being gone 6mths.  I can't believe it's been that long already.  I read it and cried.  I found a note that Kate sent last year and cried.  I think about her and cry.  She and Mim had a special place for each other in their hearts.  AMG memorial service is going to be hard this year.  I've told Mim that Kate died, but she still asks to talk to her.  Screen's jumping and the tears are rolling.  That's my cue it's time to go.

Have a great Sunday,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2009, 09:06:46 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, I think it's great that you're going to get your master's with one more class!  I'm sure it's a long time coming.

Mary, it's not me who wants to do IT work, it's Queen. 

Mum, I'm glad the new medical regimen is working for you.  I'll be looking Wednesday or Thursday to see what the doc has to say about Mim.  I'll be rooting for her.

I didn't do anything yesterday other than clean, go to the store, and made some brownies.  Today I've got laundry to do.  And my brother should be over tonight.  My granddaughter called yesterday also, and wants to come visit sometime today.  I talked to her last week and she told me she got her ears pierced.  I said "oh, that's great."  And she said "nana, you're the only one who's gotten excited about it."   I think I pierced my daughter's ears when she was a baby, I really can't remember.  So, now I've got earrings to buy for newly pierced ears.          Anyway, that's about it right now.  You all have a good Sunday.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2009, 12:22:44 pm »
Good Morning!

Betty- Brownies.....YUM  ;D

Missy- Hope you had fun at the pool.

Mum- I hope the doctor's visit goes well.

Going to go the gym and then hang with my mom again. Talk to you later my wonderful ladies!!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2009, 08:20:12 am »
It's 50F here today  ;D - need I say more?

Our youngest son is getting baptized Sunday.  We'll have about 20 people over for lunch and I'm not even sure what we'll eat.  Next week is Vacation Bible School.  And, our Family Bash is next Saturday (25th) - not sure what we'll eat there, either.  Then 1 wk "off" before we leave for AMG in Boston.  At some point, I need to get the bedroom painted.

I'm heading out to the front porch to bask in this glorious weather and read my book.  Have a good one!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:13 am »
Wow ladies, seems like I've been gone a long time! I have been right here at home. I have been so tired! Sleeping a lot in the day time, I have been having diarrea  a lot,Its been hot as usually. My 4th of July was great, we cooked out and went to the lake andon a boat ride to see the fireworks.
I am trying to get up early to go walking, but I have yet to do that. i get up at 4;30 am to get my dh breakfast and make his lunch, after that I am back to sleep,and try to get up by 10 am, which I do and eat breakfast and take meds then the meds kick in about an hour later and I am sleeping again !
I hope all are well. luv yah!!!
"to thine own self be true"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2009, 06:45:22 pm »
Hi GFs~

I have had two days of classroom training which wasn't worth a crap and I am exhausted.  Hopefully more later in the week.

Where has Wendy been?  Camms?  Cristy?  Isn't her bday about now?

~ Cindy

Offline minismom

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:30 pm »
Cindy, you jinxed me!  After I finished painting the small space between the top of the shower and the ceiling, I decided to come up and touch-up the paint in the upstairs bathroom.  After all, it IS the same color, or so we thought.  I painted over some spots, knowing that it won't match until after it dries.  Well, it's dry and it's the WRONG color!!  Since we now have NO idea what color the upstairs bathroom is and have nothing with the paint on it to color match, we're going to have to buy a gallon of the other paint and repaint the ENTIRE bathroom.  GRRRRRRRRRRR!  I should've left well enough alone.  And people are coming over Sunday.  :-\  Good news, we decided on the color for our bedroom and bought the paint.  I love it - Hubby's putting up with it. 

Mim's doctor appointment is tomorrow.  We're pulling out at 6am.  I put her to bed in the clothes she'll wear tomorrow.  Just pick her up and stick her in the car.  Wish it was that easy for me.

Have a great Wednesday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2009, 09:37:44 pm »
Hi Mum~

Maybe you could buy a color in the "same family" that is much lighter or much darker, and have an accent wall.    ;D  I think that would be kind of cool, esp if you go darker on the spotty wall.  You already have the primer applied.  Yay!   

I want pictures.    :o

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2009, 09:19:58 am »
Hey ladies,

Andrea, how was the gym?  I've been slacking the past couple days.

Mum, good luck with all the redecorating.  And give Mim a hug for me for her dr.'s appointment. 

Netta, good to hear from you!  I hope your GI issues settle down soon.

Cin, I'm sure you whizzed right through that training.

It's rainy today, so I'm not going to do anything.  I'm taking the day off from volunteering.  All I really have to do is take the recycle out to the curb in the front of the apartments (which means I'll have to put on something besides my jamees to do it).  The girl who lived in the front (who I had trouble with awhile back) abandoned the place my landlord told me.  He also told me it's apparent to him that she never cleaned (yuck).  He's hauling stuff out of there, putting it out for the trash pick up.  I may see if, when the apartment's all done, I could take it.  I have never seen it, but it would be bigger than the apartment I have now.          Anyway, I've got to eat something.  My sugar is crashing and I'm starting to shake.  You all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2009, 01:03:53 pm »
Good Morning!

Mum- I hope the baptism goes well. I remember mine...such a memorable and special moment.  :)

Netta- What a drag that the medicine makes you so sleepy. I hope you feel better!

Cindy- How is it going with the home improvements?

Betty- I have been going to the gym at least 5 days a week. I only do cardio which I know is not enough but I don't have the patience for anything else.

It has been so hot here! Thank goodness for air conditioning! Last night my mom, sister, and I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter. Good movie but I think next time I will wait till normal hours to see a movie. My mom almost got into a "fight" with these stupid girls. While we were waiting someone brought beach balls and they were being hit all over the theater. This was fine at first but once you get continually hit in the head the fun is over. Well my mom started popping them (secretly LOL) and the girls behind us were taking the others and hitting her in the head on purpose. People were asking "Where are the balls?" and the girl was standing up and pointing to my mom. I turned around and scolded with my best teacher voice (LOL) and things seemed to settle down. Finally the movie started. After the movie people were talking about "some lady" who was popping the beach balls....Crazy! Always an event!

Have a good day everyone!
Andrea  ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2009, 04:50:32 pm »
Cindy, problem is that 3 walls are spotted :-\.  I've thought about finding a neat boarder that I can put in the middle of the wall.  That way I only have to paint the bottom half of the walls.  I can't believe I was so stupid.

Well, crap!  Mim has lost 2 more pounds. :(  Dr. F is concerned that she's wasting, concerned that we'll have to change her meds, just plain concerned.  He wants us to give her BeneProtein twice a day, switch her to soy milk, and increase her eating to 6 - 7 times a day.  We need to weigh her a couple times a week, then email him the results once a week.  We go back in 5 wks for another weigh-in.  If she's lost any more weight, we'll have to seriously discuss changes - something none of us wants to have happen.  Ideally, she needs to gain about 10 - 15lbs.  He'd be thrilled if she can get to 60lbs.  I'm at my wits end.

My doc appointment is tomorrow morning.  I'm expecting some great results - as long as she doesn't take me off my meds.  I'm going to have them check my thyroids and hormone levels along with all the other stuff.  I'll let you all know.

Hope you are having a great Wednesday!  Much love to you all!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2009, 08:00:02 pm »
Hi GFs~

BT~ Who says you have to put on something other than PJs to take out recycle?  LOL  I remember when I first moved to my townhouse, I would walk a ways down the sidewalk barefoot to put the trash at the curb -- in my Mickey Mouse over-sized nightshirt.  LOL   :o  I was bold then, but I sure had to watch out for a quick breeze, lmao.  Good luck with getting the bigger apt., that would be cool for you!

Viv~We have an intern at work who got Potter tix online and then had to sit on the floor in the hall for 3 hours, waiting for the theater to get ready for the show at 11pm.  Evidently, there was a non-Potter movie showing before the midnight Potter flick.  She looked like death today at work, but she'll survive, she's only 19.   :D  What's up with Mom popping the beachballs?  You should've stood up, turned around and started a game of volleyball.  Oh well, sneaky Mom!  Kudos to you for quieting down "the class."  Hee hee!  Carpet gets installed TOMORROW  OMG I can't wait!

Mum~ Now that's a cool idea, to put up border and only paint half the wall, very clever!  Sorry to hear about Min's weight.  Is two pounds really that much to be concerned about with an active child?  Feed her more pasta.  Also, I thought eating more meals a day INCREASED metabolism, so would that help?  How tall is Min, if you don't mind my asking?  Iceman's kid is going to be 8 in August and she barely weighs 50 pounds.  She eats all day and we don't know where it goes.  She "grazes" and then doesn't want to finish her dinner.  I make her finish when she is here.  I hope YOUR check-up goes well, too.  Isn't this weather awesome?  I love the cool mornings with low humidity.  Looks like we'll be close to 90 on Thurs and Fri and then a beautiful weekend, highs only around 82.  In July!  In DC!  THAT is incredible!  I HATE the heat and its starting to affect my breathing a little, makes me paranoid cause my mother got asthmatic allergies around age 40 or so.  Yikes!

I busted my ass at work today and did three days of work in one day.  I am zipping along so that when I hit a brick wall with this new system, I will have time to read the manuals and figure things out.  I should be OK overall, but its going to be exhausting!

A former client is going to Greece and said he would send me a postcard from there.  Isn't that the coolest?   8)

Edited to add:  I kept wondering who "Kate" was and came to realize she was penguin in our Forums.  I take it the kidney transplant didn't work?  Did she even get one?  Oh dammit.  I am crying now, forgive me Mum for bringing this up, but she passed while I wasn't in the Forums.  I was away much of this year until just a month or so ago.  She was really cool and sent me PMs to give me advice on meds and symptoms, etc.

God Bless Kate    :(

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:18:23 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2009, 09:42:01 pm »
Hey Gf’s sorry I haven’t been around for awhile I was away in Cleveland on Business.  What a busy two days, I am so glad to be home.

Mum I did the wall in my livings room with two colors because I had to cover their  dark green.  I put up a chair molding around it and  painted it he same color as the lighter upper wall.  A boarder would also help break up the colors. Good luck.  I hope Min gains some weight and is doing better. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cindy, I can just see you walking out front in your Micky Mouse night shirt, when I had my townhouse, I used to do the same thing. I would run out to the curb as quick as I could, I didn’t care what my neighbors thought.  I hope everything goes well for you at work. 

Hey all I went with my neice to a Harry Potter preview one time, you noticed I said one time….I would never do that again, it was a mad house.  I went with her to Borders once when they released one of the books, that was kind of fun.  They all dressed up like characters and it was cool.

Andrea I have been going to the gym too.  I try to go at least 4 times a week. I was mad today, I had to miss the gym I had a showing at my house and had to go home to turn off the alarm.  It didn’t make me happy… that’s two days in a row…..boo hoo!

Have an awesome evening everyone.  Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:03 pm »
Cindy, Mim will be 9 the end of Aug.  She's 50 1/4 inches.  If she had *only* lost 2lbs, it would be a concern, but it's 2 MORE pounds.  That makes 5lbs in about 3 1/2mths.  She's lost over 10% of her weight.  We asked the doctor if it's "normal" for kids to lose weight in the summer because of being more active.  He gave us a very sad look and shook his head.  Mim eats more than I do.  I have no idea where she puts it - seriously.  For some reason, she doesn't absorb it like she's supposed to.  We'll know more when we get her lab results.

Mum

Edited to add: High Saturday is 78F.  High Sunday: 76F.  In July!  I'm not complaining.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:29:27 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2009, 06:11:01 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, you go girl!  See, being a teacher does pay off.

Mum, my grandkids put away a ton of food and they never gain any weight.  I'm not saying to not be concerned.  It's too bad Mim is losing weight. I hope you can find something that will help her a little.  How does she feel overall?  And good luck with the doctor.  Isn't today the day?

Cin, that made me chuckle about you going to the curb in your Mickey Mouse nightshirt.  In order for me to take out the recycling, I have to walk around to the front of the apartments, down some stairs, and out to the curb.  I just couldn't have done that with my pj's on.     Oh, and Kate never did have a kidney transplant.  They were never able to find a compatible match.  I miss her also.  We chatted on skype for awhile.  She was very close to Matty and Hal (Dachsund).  Morseo than probably anyone else in the forums.

Mary, I think it's great that you're going to the gym.

Nothing up with me except volunteering, which I really need to go get ready for.  You all have a good day. 

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2009, 07:38:06 am »
Viv-LOL!  I think I would have done the same thing if I was your mother especially if it kept hitting me. How was the movie?  I can't wait to see it, we have to see UP and Transformers before the kids will want to see HP.

Mum-Sorry to hear about Mims weight loss.  Can she eat ice cream? Maybe you could make her drinks in the blender and add in some of the weight gain stuff that weight lifters use?

BT- That would be nice if you could move to a bigger place, maybe if you help him to clean it out he will give you a deal /favor?

Missy- How was your trip to Cleveland?  Do you get to travel often?

Well, I went to court again. It turns out he isn't going to have any child support because he receives SSI. There is some law that is set up that people who get SSI not SSDI don't have to pay at all, which I think is stupid.  Now I am just waiting for him to take me back to court for more visitation, which he already has but hasn't gone to set them up.  I wish I could afford a private investigator, then I could show the court that not only is he probably working but he is probably selling drugs and being abusive and he would go back to jail.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.