Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:54:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 580
Total: 580

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Pleasee help  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Feru458

• Standard
Pleasee help
« on: July 15, 2013, 10:07:05 pm »
Well here is the thing... Almost 4 years ago i had a 4 month relation ship with a guy, i was virgin and the only contact i approved was oral sex and rubbing... The thing that worries me is that when i gave him oral sex and spat his semen i noticed blood , we looked for open sores  on his penis , but there werent any... Later i noticed i had swollen and bleeding gums , and when i made pressure on them they bleed.. This makes me think on how many other times this happened.. maybe less than 10 times i recall ..Neveer in my life thought about HIV unitil now... I ve been with mi actual boyfriend for 4 years, y loose my virginity with him ( and supossely he did too) we always used condom since day one, neveer never stopped using it, we had of course unprotected oral sex because i assumed we were loyal to each other and thats why i never bodered to visit the ginecologyst, until 5 months ago ... I had the papanicolau done and it came with ASCUS and inflamation... This probably means i have HPV ... On top of that i had 3 continuos vaginal infections according to my doctor ( just based on the color of my vaginal fluids) so i made a vaginal citology (if thats what is called, im sorry english is not my native lenguage) and the citology came out perfect, no infections! Despite the fact that mi vaginal fluids are still the same color... And its been so since i remember!  So that is what freaked me out, i started googling  HPV plus continuos vaginal infections and of course i got as an answer HIV syntoms, and since that my lymph nodes got swollen, canker sores, tonsils with pus...white tongue , i even remembered that exactly 9 months after i broke up with the 4 month relation and were with mi actual boyfriend he got a terrible flu, something we here call "dengue" (you know that disease when a mosquito bites you?) it gives awful hedaches, and muscular pains etc, doctors asumed it whas "dengue" according to the similarity of the syntoms... So my Boyfriend doesnt knows about this... He is a doctor and got really skinny a year ago and he is allways tired ( and my mind relates that with HIV, also he is now gaining weight) but the logic part tells me he is a doctor and stays up several times at night in the hospital... But im scared he also has canker sores from time to time, i even realized that on the past years i had sore throats , swollen lymph nodes .. But i never related them to hiv... Since i got my pap done ... Im scared.. How the hell i got HPV?  I mean if i got that i could also have HIV ? Never in my life i had pus on my tonsils, this is the 3rd time in 5 months, and they dont even hurt! ... I wiish all of this were cause by stress, pleasee

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Pleasee help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:53:16 am »
Hi Feru , HIV is acquired from unprotected vaginal and anal sex , from sharing drug injection equipment and from mother to child during childbirth . Oral sex isn't a risk , in fact your saliva has proteins and enzymes to damage hiv and render it unable to infect .

Most people do not realize that HPV infection is very common for all sexually active adults , some go on the show symptoms and some do not . HPV can be successfully treated and or managed especially if its caught in time . There are test to confirm if you are infected or not . 

As a sexually active person you should be having regular yearly sexual health checkups that test for ALL STD's including HIV whether you think you had a risk or not . Some STD's can be acquired and show no symptoms for long periods of time and are much easier to get than HIV , so get your checkup .

If you use condoms consistently and correctly for vaginal and anal sex you will avoid HIV , its really that simple .

Never trust your health to anyone by having unsafe sex until such a time that you are in a secure monogamous relationship where you are certain its mutual because to agree to unsafe sex is to consent to the possibility of becoming infected with an STD .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Feru458

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:57:36 am »
So, there is no risk for me?? Even with the presence of blood? I read the info on this web that says that hiv transmited by oral sex its like waiting for a meteor to hit you, and its way to hard but possible... Dont you think the presence of blood makes me a good target for the meteor? ) :

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:40 am »
So, there is no risk for me?? Even with the presence of blood? I read the info on this web that says that hiv transmited by oral sex its like waiting for a meteor to hit you, and its way to hard but possible... Dont you think the presence of blood makes me a good target for the meteor? ) :

There have been no fewer than three serodiscordant couples' studies performed in the US and Spain. One lasted for ten years, the others for 3.5 and two years. In these studies, couples signed on with the stipulation that they use protection for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but use no barrier at all for oral sex.

In all these studies, hundreds of couples, and multiples thousands of sexual acts of all shape and size - with viral loads ranging from undetectable to the millions, there was not a single case of HIV attributed to oral sex. Not one.

Once you get past the notoriously unreliable patient report after the fact, the risk for receptive fellatio (giving head, the ONLY manner of oral sex even implicated in HIV transmission) is impossible to quantify. We can certainly speculate circumstances in which infection is possible via that route. The  level of oral hygiene known as "meth mouth" is one theory (Google that image) as it not only rots the teeth and creates large open sores, but it also inhibits saliva production and impairs the immune system.

While meth is certainly NOT a gay male phenomenon, I am always interested in the fact that on these forums and elsewhere, you almost never hear of a female claiming infection through receptive oral sex. Given that oral sex is far more prevalent than penetrative sex among those having multiple partners, you'd imagine there would be at least a handful of cases.

However, doing a study with active meth addicts would not be ethical, and even animal study is hugely inexact, as HIV diverges in many important ways from SIV and SHIV.

So is it impossible? I don't think anyone would say that. But form what you describe, you do not fall into the category of extremes necessary for oral infection.

I submit that if your condition is so extreme that you are capable of short-circuiting your body's protection to the point where this highly unlikely mode of transmission is possible, than HIV may not be nearly the most dire problem you are facing.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Feru458

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:53:33 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to explain me everything, just to be sure... I have no risk of  having hiv right? ... Thanks for your time

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:16:42 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to explain me everything, just to be sure... I have no risk of  having hiv right? ... Thanks for your time

You are correct in your interpretation of my comments.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.