Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:46:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 527
Total: 528

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This Is So Good That It Has To Be Fattening  (Read 2483 times)

Offline tednlou2

This Is So Good That It Has To Be Fattening
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:46:53 am »
Before getting too excited, I have to remember FOX is still number one in viewers.  They beat their competitors in every time slot.  However, I've been reading more and more stories about FOX seeing a decline in viewers.  At first, I thought this was the natural decline after an election.  However, it seems more is happening.  They've fired Sarah and Dick Morris.  Rachel Maddow has beaten Hannity in the core demo. 

Here is another article that does a good job explaining what's happening.  Many younger folks are turned off by the conspiracy theories and the hate.  Many of them may differ with the president, but they like him personally.  They support gay rights.  Of course, there are many young, hardcore conservatives, who eat up what FOX serves up daily.  But, it appears FOX depends greatly on the elderly demo and the tea-baggers.  They don't have a model for growth.  The country is more diverse every day.  And, even the hardcore folks want good predictions.  They may have no problem with living in a bubble with their own facts, but they don't like being told Republicans will certainly take back the White House and the Senate, and see those predictions were way off. 

http://www.politicususa.com/obamas-reelection-literally-destroying-fox-news.html?fb_action_ids=510801968977309&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[340239996088921]&action_type_map=[%22og.likes%22]&action_ref_map=[]

Offline WindySkies

• Tested + 10/11/12
Re: This Is So Good That It Has To Be Fattening
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:38:58 pm »
This is the same thing as saying that iPhone sales are suffering.  That because it's a time when there is no new iPhone to buy, and the next version is right around the corner.  While they aren't selling a billion iPhones, they are now only selling 900 million!

Same thing for Fox News.  After a year of non-stop political commercials, people across all political areas are burned out.  All of the cable news networks ratings are down, but Fox still kills all of them.  On the night in which Madow beat Hannity, who did each show have on?  She beat him in the first week of December, the worst time for tv viewing during the year, thats why shows have mid season breaks now.  Otherwise she would be seeing sustained ratings wins, and if you look at the ratings from this past week, Hannity beat her with an average of 2 million views to her 900,000 viewers.  She isn't even close.  And if you look at the 8pm hour, it's embarrassing for every other news network besides Fox.  O'reilly beats Anderson Cooper with 3 times the ratings, 3 million to 900,000.

Just like there will be lines of people waiting for the next iPhone, as the 2014 mid term elections heat up, the numbers for cable news will be back up, and Fox will continue to destroy the competition.

10/11/2012 Journey Started
10/17/2012 First Labs: VL=57,645  CD4+=730  37%
10/31/2012 Started Complera
11/30/2012 Labs: VL=80  CD4+=929 40%
12/24/2012 Started Stribild

Undetectable since 1/15/13 CD4+= Over 1,400 and 49%

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:13:55 pm »
Do you watch Fox, Windy? ::)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »
This is the same thing as saying that iPhone sales are suffering.  That because it's a time when there is no new iPhone to buy, and the next version is right around the corner.  While they aren't selling a billion iPhones, they are now only selling 900 million!

Using your analogy, Apple is still number one, just like I said FOX is.  But, Apple is seeing growing competition from Samsung.  Microsoft is changing to tablets that also have detachable keyboards.  It isn't just that Apple hasn't come out with a new product, since the mini.  They are seeing fierce competition.  They won't have the market on tablets forever. 

While I am sure Apple will continue to innovate and remain a huge force, perhaps number one, FOX's market won't continue to grow.  They depend on old folks, people afraid of change, and white folks.  This will not be the case a decade from now.  There are more Latinos every year--a group the network has vilified.  They will have to change how they operate and really become fair and balanced, or they will see their ratings decline year after year.  They simply won't have enough Evangelical, white, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-Latinos, and anti-science viewers to stay number one.  We already see this in elections.  We know Gore really won Florida.  More Floridians at least thought they were voting for Gore.  And, while republicans kept control of the House this time, Dems got over a million more votes.  If it weren't for the repub redistricting, then Dems would have taken back the House. 

So, FOX may continue to be dominate for a while longer, but that will change. 

Offline DrewEm

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:14:34 am »
When I went to see the ID doc in August somehow the TV in the waiting area was on FauxNews when I arrived. I had my tablet with me, connected to the hospital wifi and worked away paying no mind to the lies and outlandish fairytales being spewed forth. A few other patients arrived and one of them rather loudly requested the channel be changed, which it was. That was my only exposure to FauxNews and it left a bad tatse in my mouth  (no pun!).

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.