Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Arizona transmission charges

(1/3) > >>

tpatzol:
I need some help. I've heard some conflicting info on this topic.  Is it possible to get HIV from a positive male from giving a blow job? The blow job consists of swallowing sperm as well. 

I have read a few stories that think they got it from a blow job before.

So I need honest opinions here.

My fwb recently got infected. I've been with him for 7 years I need to determine of what I wanna do.

Yes I've given him a few blow jobs sense he was infected.

I need to add in their he isn't taking any medications for his HIV at all. Does this make a difference

tpatzol:
I know someone that spread HIV to 2 people in Arizona.

I've looked up arizona laws & if I'm correct their isn't any.

For non disclosure in Arizona is a mistermeanor 2.

Also if he gets jail or prison time for this do they give u your hiv
Medications in jail or prison?

I hope I posted this in the right spot

Expat1:
No criminal statutes explicitly addressing HIV exposure.
There are no criminal statutes criminalizing HIV transmission or exposure in Arizona. However, in some
states, people living with HIV (PLHIV) have been prosecuted for HIV exposure under general criminal
laws, such as reckless endangerment and aggravated assault. At the time of publication, the authors
are not aware of any prosecution under general criminal laws on the basis of HIV status in Arizona.
https://www.hivlawandpolicy.org/sites/default/files/Arizona%20-%20Excerpt%20from%20CHLP%27s%20Sourcebook%20on%20HIV%20Criminalization%20in%20the%20U.S..pdf

leatherman:

--- Quote from: tpatzol on June 20, 2018, 10:02:08 pm ---I know someone that spread HIV to 2 people in Arizona.

--- End quote ---
can i ask how you know this? Does the person living with HIV have an undetectable viral load? If so, then they did not transmit/spread HIV. Have these 2 people had unprotected sex with anyone else? Then they could have been exposed to HIV through someone else by not protecting themselves. Were these 2 people ever tested prior to their possible exposure through this person? If not, they could have been infected some time ago

Jim Allen:
I merged your last 2 posts, gives it some context. 

Now were not going to discuss your largely non-existent risks in this thread or ongoing drama.  I say that to be absolutely clear from the start. I have in the past already had to trash some of your posts and I am tired of it, let that be clear.

As this is "Someone I care about" section and its about your friend? Lets keep the focus on that. My two cents on that topic and Ill be frank is your friend needs a friend, someone to talk to, support them and to help them start treatment.

What you need to understand is that the choices of HIV prevention method may be different per person such as Condoms, PrEP, TaSP or a combination and some people choose none at all. The latter being a daft choice but its one some people do make.

That is their choice, and whatever someones chooses its none of your business. If they agreed with your friend or with other people to have unprotected intercourse it is accepting the greater possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection and the risk of acquiring HIV.  You don't know for a fact what conversation they had beforehand or for a fact what acts they engaged in or how they did it.

So to be frank I don't think its any of your business what other people do in the bedroom and your friend does not need you calling the law on him, with your interfering accusations that's not helping.  You don't know for a fact who transmitted what to who or when and what conversations they had.

What your friend needs is a hug and someone to tell him if he needs help that they are here for him.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version