Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Septiembre 24, 2017, 09:03:58 pm

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 31503
  • Latest: george92
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 719535
  • Total de Temas: 58275
  • Online Today: 314
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (Agosto 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 1
Guests: 248
Total: 249

-no title-

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ/AIDSmeds.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ/AIDSmeds haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Here is my story....  (Leído 738 veces)

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
Here is my story....
« en: Septiembre 09, 2017, 11:52:41 am »
This is simply the most scared I have been in my entire life. This is going to take awhile so please bear with me. A week ago Thurs 8/31 I had unprotected vaginal sex with a married woman in a hotel while she was blindfolded to the bed. I was not the only man who was there for that reason as her husbsnd/boyfriend set this up for an hour timeframe and there was at least one guy before me. I was nervous (and stupid) but did have penetration for 3-4 minutes before cumming in her. I immediately washed my groin and penis thoroughly. I woke up at 1am that night with stomach cramps and pain. Thus lasted for about 36 hours. Since last weekend my belly is just not right and it gurgles constantly with minor nausea. No puking, diarrhea or fever. As I got to Tuesday morning after the holiday weekend full panic set in. I contacted the couple who responded twice to my 40+ emails and would only say they were clean, married and to leave them alone. I do remember the ring on her finger. Tuesday mid day I went to a clinic in Boston and gave blood for a 4th gen hiv test and all other STDs that went to the state lab. I got the results on Friday and all were negative which was kind of expected based on the 5 day window. Just this morning I gave blood for a RNA early detection test at the 9 day window which this particular company claimed was the window for accuracy. I am scared shitless that I have ruined me and my families lives. I haven't eaten or barely slept since last weekend. I probably won't have the RNA results till Friday, especially with all the weather across the country. Have called a few hotlines that have ranged from being helpful and calming to sending me over the edge of panic. I am convinced I am positive and there can be no other explanation for my physical issues. I have already started to plan my post hiv positive life. Not sure what I am looking for from this forum but wouldn't mind a chat buddy to help me through the next week or two. Thanks for reading.

Desconectado Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Here is my story....
« Respuesta #1 en: Septiembre 09, 2017, 12:04:00 pm »
Relax.  It is far too early to determine that you will test positive for HIV antibodies.

Yes, you did have unprotected sex with someone of unknown status, so you are at risk of infection, but you should know that the risks are relatively low, even if you do engage in risky activities with someone who is HIV positive. 

You can see the "modeled" odds here:

http://www.aidsmap.com/Estimated-risk-per-exposure/page/1324038/

Presuming you are in a developed country, your odds are 1 in 1,234.

It is prudent of you to test for HIV antibodies, however.

Your symptoms are meaningless, since symptoms if HIV infection do not occur instantly and many people who seroconvert in time have no symptoms at all.

Many experts recommend testing at six weeks past potential exposure, then at 13 weeks past potential exposure for confirmation of the six weeks results.

Work with your healthcare provider and test until your test is considered conclusive for the incident you describe in your post.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
« Respuesta #2 en: Septiembre 09, 2017, 01:37:55 pm »
Thanks Ptrk3. I appreciate the quick reply but I am so convinced that what I am feeling is hiv infection. Can't shake the belly issues and the timing of when they started is what scares the hell out of me. God help me

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Respuesta #3 en: Septiembre 09, 2017, 01:53:37 pm »
Your belly issue has nothing to do with HIV, HIV does not make you feel nauseous.  See a doctor and treat it if you are still having problems, but please don't post about it here as we simply are not going to discuss symptoms. Most people simply experience none when first infected.

Test as per guidelines and in the meantime carry on with your life, whatever the outcome from testing you will be okay.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Index & everything you need to know
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
« Respuesta #4 en: Septiembre 09, 2017, 02:52:16 pm »
OK Jim I understand and this is my last post but the abdominal cramping less than 12 hours from my risky activity, would that have nothing to do with hiv infection?

Desconectado Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #5 en: Septiembre 09, 2017, 02:58:57 pm »
Yes, abdominal cramping less than 12 hours after a risky activity would have nothing whatsoever to do with potential HIV infection.  HIV infection does not present acute symptoms. 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
« Respuesta #6 en: Septiembre 12, 2017, 09:37:14 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation and that helped for about 3 days. Although my belly and cramping issues gave stopped I am now 12 days post possible infection and feel like the glands on my neck or swollen and burning. Headaches are constant along with my tongue feeling tingly and dry. This is crazy!

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
« Respuesta #7 en: Septiembre 12, 2017, 10:28:16 pm »
I'm waiting for the RNA test that hopefully is available tomorrow. I can't keep living like this. If anyone wants to chat offline please feel free. Could use someone to talk with while I wait for results.

Desconectado Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #8 en: Septiembre 12, 2017, 10:52:14 pm »
I'm truly sorry that you have such anxiety, but there's nothing that really can be done until you get your initial results. Odds are that your test will be negative for HIV antibodies, but a follow-up conclusive test will be necessary for confirmation.

If you need face-to-face guidance, please check with your healthcare provider for possible assistance in this time of need for you.  In person assistance would likely provide you with the support you need now.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
« Respuesta #9 en: Septiembre 13, 2017, 10:01:00 am »
Thank you and yes I may need some professional mental help. I am so convinced I am hiv positive. I'm a mess and don't know where to turn.

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
« Respuesta #10 en: Septiembre 13, 2017, 11:09:26 am »
For people who do react to hiv infection, are the physical effects come on all at once or can they present themselves independently over a timeframe?

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Respuesta #11 en: Septiembre 13, 2017, 11:22:35 am »
Hi

You need to calm down and stop posting.

Most people experience no symptoms and if they do its normally too mild to even notice. The only way of knowing is testing so test at 6 weeks and 13 weeks post incident.

In the meantime speak to a therapist face to face, unfortunately we are unable to help you further in this setting.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #12 en: Septiembre 13, 2017, 11:27:32 am »
Physical effects (seroconversion) may come or may not come at all, come in a variety of onsets and time frames, or come not at all.  That is why it is useless to speculate over this or that "symptom," perceived or actual.

Physical effects of HIV infection do not, however, come within hours of exposure, so your  current issues are unrelated to your chances of having had contracted the HIV because of the incident you described.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Cbiadt17

• Standard
« Respuesta #13 en: Septiembre 13, 2017, 03:49:08 pm »
OK thanks guys. Sorry I am being a jerk about this but very nervous. God I hope you are right. I can not shake the doubt.

I took a 4th gen hiv test a week ago Tuesday 9/7 which came back negative. That result cleared me from all previous sex and the last time I had any sexual contact whatsoever prior to 8/31 was right around 7/10. I should get the RNA results tomorrow which will be directly linked to my 8/31 incident. I will follow-up with an anti-body test on Friday and beyond if necessary. Please pray for me!!! I need the help and good thoughts. I will confirm tomorrow.

Desconectado JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Respuesta #14 en: Septiembre 13, 2017, 04:00:47 pm »
Hi

Look your negative antibodies result so far is good, simply test at 13 weeks to confirm that result.  To be honest I do not expect your results to change when you do test at the 3 month mark.

RNA testing may give you some additional peace of mind before testing again for antibodies, do note however that RNA testing is not recommend for routine screening as RNA testing has a high false results rate and is expensive. 

There really is nothing we can add at this stage other than to test as per guidelines and try to relax and carry on as normal. No matter what the end result will be you will be okay.

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2017 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.