Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 383
Total: 383

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Experts Please help......I'm devastated!!!  (Read 23421 times)

Offline americande

Experts Please help......I'm devastated!!!
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »
Hi Guys, It's lovely to know that the experts on this website are helping a lot of people going through the stresses of their suspected status......or i guess wht they suspect it could be..I've been going through the same for the past few hours....i know t'ws a mistake...but then here's how the story goes..

Last nite i had an encounter with a sex-worker, well we started off with a bit of foreplay, & then i put on a condom & she gave a long blowjob, after which i fingered her for sometime....however i did use disposable gloves (those surgical types) whilst doing so...let me add that during the whole time of encounter i did not engage in either vaginal or anal sex......so till here as the story goes & from what i gather i should be at a very low risk...but here's when things slightly changed...

After another round of protected blow job, i told her that i wanted to look at her & ejaculate as i wasn't interested in doing the vaginal or anal....so i got up....removed my gloves (which ofcourse would certainly have had the vaginal secretions when i had fingered her), then i momentarily wiped my hands on a towel that she had been using....& started to masturbate....now could there have been any secretions from my fingers that could have entered through the mucous membrane of my penis & caused a threat of HIV??? let me also add that in the middle of all this she also changed my condom....& she had stroked her vagina with her fingers in the exstacy of the moments before......so could any secretions from these have caused a threat. I dont think i really wiped my hands well!!!

Well after i had masturbated for a few moments, she received a call on her phone....so i quicly rushed to the restroom & washed my hands......& then came back & ejaculated.....now it was those moments i'm worried about, i used gloves, but could HIV have permeated through those gloves & from my fingers entered me through my penile area????

I'm not able to sleep & i'm totally devasted that i may be infected with HIV & that would kill my life & my growing career......I know its a mistake & i regret it..but then i need to face it.....what do i do now??? am i looking at a PCR test.....i dont know whether i can wait 13 weeks..i realy need some counselling...it's realy that moment when i removed the gloves...& then started to masturbate by stroking my penis....was that any risk?????? if so how much?? i guess i may have touched the head of my penis as well!!!

Please help me..................I would certainly be grateful forever...i cheked with the girl as she said she was negative but highly sexually active......!!!!

Please help!!! is there any small % of people who are infected in this way..if so any details would be of great help!!! & if i should do a PCR when should i take it??? just to make sure!!!!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Experts Please help......I'm devastated!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:43:46 pm »
You were WAY protected during this incident.  You had NO risk of HIV whatsoever.  I really dont know what else to say here.  Protected penis, protected HANDS and you're still worried.

I humbly suggest you seek the help of a mental health professional as I don't think your true fears are with HIV.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:46:05 pm by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:45:34 pm »
Good grief, son.  Short of head to toe Saran Wrap,  you were about as covered as anyone could aspire to be.

You don't have any HIV concerns here at all.  NO risk.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline americande

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:50:25 pm »
Hey thanx for all those quick replies......so u feel there's just no chance that any vaginal secretions that coud have got in thru the penile area??? u know i was really worried becoz i din wipe or rinse my fingers & hands thoroughly after the fingering.........& yeah she was quite wet.....so there were certianly secretions....now if i anyways just wanted to make sure......& get a test done...when should i get it done...people say a post 4 week PcR is quite reliable??? is it true???? a few words from ann & andy would also help as i did go over their experience in this firld b4 i just posted on this website!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:51:32 pm »
The only thing that's risky in relation this whole incident that you seem so unknowing about the basics in terms of risk. In your anxiety and zealousness to avoid infection you've gone totally over-the-top with unnecessary precautions.

The risks in terms of getting a blowjob or fingering a woman are aboslutely ZERO. No one has even been documented as infected in that manner. Even you in your super anxious state are not going to make history by becoming the first. Read our lesson on transmission and get down with the basics. There's a link to it in the welcome thread which opens this section.

You're worrying needlessly. Become better informed, just follow the basic guidelines consistently which are mainly about always using condoms for intercourse and you can relax and enjoy safer sexuality.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 03:52:27 pm »
ZERO chance.  And you dont need to test.  At all.
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »
amer,

You did not have a risk of hiv infection in anything you did with the sex worker. NO RISK.

Hiv is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You didn't have intercourse of any description.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread and follow the link to the Transmission lesson so you can learn what is and what is not a risk for hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline americande

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:53:24 pm »
You know actually i removed one glove..& then the next one with the bare hand..so its those bare fingers of my left hadn that would have come in contact with the tips of the gloves which i had used to finger the vagina.....& then i wiped my fingers quite nonchalantly which i regret..arrgh i shoud have been more careful....& started masdturbating right away...so could the virus have survived as i have heard people saying that the virus can survive outside if prevalent in wet vaginal secretions!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 03:55:58 pm »
Are you not listening to us?

No way. No how. Physically impossible. Zero Risk. No chance.

No matter how you phrase it you had no chance of getting HIV.  Hell I dont know how you got OFF.  Please, stop with the worrying. 
RIDE!!!

Offline americande

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 04:02:31 pm »
Hey thanx guys for being this supportive......i've been cranking my head.....u see i had this encounter in India, & i know it's a country with a lot of HIV/Aids prevalence...that added to the tensions u see.....& it's good to know that HIV transmission mainly occurs inside the Body...well i din go that far in this case!!!

Okay do i need to be worried about any other STI's....lile Hep B, Hep C...so on & so forth...

& yeah i dint undertstand by what you way....how i got off...sorry my english aint that good to understand catch lines & so on...could you please elaborate?? :)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 04:04:59 pm »
I'm pretty sure AC means the same thing I was thinking:  I don't know how anyone with as much stress and worry as yourself would be able to even maintain an erection during such an encounter...let alone reach orgasm.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline americande

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:00 am »
Hey guys thanx for all the info.....I'm really feeling better.......just that after i had the intercourse i had spoken to a local Aids Helpline, where an agent told me that there could have been a possibility that the Virus could have been transmited from the vaginal fluids of the sex-worker to me through my fingers...as in when i removed the gloves i had used to finger her.....the wet vaginal fluids deposited on my fingers could have entered me through the penile area when i had started masturbating......is it possible really??? 

now i had used gloves.......is HIV present in vaginal fluids permeable thru gloves..i had used those disposable ones......

I even spoke to a Duty medical offiicer at a local hospital..who said that is should undergo a PCR to rule out any possibilities even though my risk he too said was low......But kinda confused about as some people say it needs to be taken post 72 hours, some say 15 days & some post 28 days.....kinda confused on that...& wanna know if it;s really reqd.

I could have gotten off this time, as i was protected...but answers to these Q's will be useful for future knowledge before invloving oneself in sexual encounters!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 09:43:21 am »
am,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. When hiv finds itself OUTSIDE the body, it quickly becomes damaged by small changes in moisture content, temperature and pH levels. The vaginal fluid on your fingers - if it contained hiv - would NOT be a danger to you where hiv is concerned.

Keep using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv in anything you brought to us.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline americande

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 03:46:14 pm »
well i'l certainly go through the links you've attached in the reply..thank you ann, so what ur'e basically saying is that once HiV is subjected to air, or outside..( in my case i wiped my fingers with a towel)....& even the sex-workers vagina was quite wet with the fluid.....HIV exposed to air doesn't have the potency to affect a person......well this makes me feel so much better to know that i was at least risk!!!! & i guess i dun even need to test then!!!!

is it true that there has be enough amount of potent HIV ( like it does hapen in unprotected insertion ) to actually really infect a person????

i'm gona relax now....just had a Q for the future...the one i asked you about PCR..i mean the right time to take it it if reqd that is....i mean with this info i can help less educated people than me......as i am from a developing country like India....i was also told that there's really no point in taking a PcR after 4 weeks, as it after this period the antibody test comes into play in normal healthy individuals....

i dont mean to pester the busy experts with too many Q's.....just that this info will be helpful for future knowledge & also imparting to others who need to know more about precautions & courses of action if they are encountered with a HiV situation!!!

Offline americande

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 03:49:10 pm »
& yeah do i need to worry about any other STI's based on the history of this incident???

Offline dixieman

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 04:33:17 pm »
If your gonna play in a playground that has been used many, many times... I think you need to get an annual checkup for std's... just as a precaution... til then read!

Offline americande

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 04:41:36 pm »
Well i aint gonna play around ny'more.....just wanted to make sure that this encounter din risk my status... & yeah do u really feel that i need to be worried about my status over this encounter.......i really wanna leave this behind me & move on...

Yeah some info on the PCR will be helpful....as in what's the right time to take it...& when is it conclusive..not that i'm gonna test.......the experts on this site have really helped me with the risk analysis!!!

Offline dixieman

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 04:50:10 pm »
Who cares about your hiv status... Ann stated more than likely not... I stated to get check on an annual basis for std's... sexually transmitted diseases... and if you have more than one partner an annual checkup at least each year for hiv... whats done is done... make this a learning experience... I would wait at least 12 weeks before having an hiv test... if your worried about it... only you know exactly what you did...

Offline americande

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 04:57:29 pm »
Well what i explained what exactly what i did......i haven't hidden any details cause i know to get the right reponse one needs to give clear & specific data.....

I dont know what u meant by who cares about your HIV status????

Well ANN, Andy & the experts do i really need to worry about the 12 week test now since it's been mentioned here???

Offline americande

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 05:00:26 pm »
Hey Guys....please excuse me at times, as i'm only at a middle level proficiency when it comes to english, so please forgive me if i aint following any lines posted to me here!!!! :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 06:09:16 pm »
am,

You do NOT need to test for hiv or anything else in relation to the incident you bring to us.

DNA PCR testing is NOT approved for diagnostic use, so there is no correct time to use it for diagnostic purposes.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline americande

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 03:29:47 pm »
Thanx Ann, i'm really feeling relieved that i'm not at risk??? is it common knowledge now that when hiV is exposed to the air it dies instantly?????

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 03:37:23 pm »
HIV is not alive nor dead. It's active or nonactive.

Offline americande

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 03:42:06 pm »
Guess i was freaking out needlessly, My risk was pretty low....& in all probability the sex-worker was not infected...atleast that's what's what she said......my question was mainly that if she were to be infected as sex-workers are sexually active, what would my chances be..given the History of the incident....so what ur'e saying is that even is she were to be infected, My chances of contracting it given the history of the incident would be highly minimal??????

Offline americande

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 03:44:16 pm »
HIV is not alive nor dead. It's active or nonactive.

Sorry i guess i should rephrase myself...i guess that means once HIV is exposed to air it become non-active & so it would not have affected me when i used those very same fingers to masturbate....as i phrased properly now????

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 03:50:33 pm »
You don't contract HIV, even if you used the fluids of an HIV+ person as lube.

Offline americande

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 03:55:16 pm »
what you're saying is that...even if i had used the vaginal fluids of a HIV + person without a condom on..i .e using the vaginal fluids as a lubricant for my penis.....my risks would be very low, & successful transmission would only occur if i had had unprotected insertive anal or vaginal sex????

Offline americande

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 03:56:47 pm »
I dont mean to sound offensive to anybody....but was just cheking in reply to what you said about using vaginal fluids as a lubricant in ur earlier mesage rapid!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 04:03:49 pm »
what you're saying is that...even if i had used the vaginal fluids of a HIV + person without a condom on..i .e using the vaginal fluids as a lubricant for my penis.....my risks would be very low, & successful transmission would only occur if i had had unprotected insertive anal or vaginal sex????

Yes, that's what we're saying. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline americande

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 04:06:27 pm »
Thanks for all the help & God Bless You all!

Offline americande

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 03:35:05 pm »
Hey Guys I'm back..well i was really relaxed since my risk was pretty low....but then after a few days i visited my doc as i was having a grinding headache & i also narrated this incident..he said the risk was low too, but then asked me rule it out & to do so i had to undergo a DNA PCR since i was now in the window period....well 10 days post exposure i submitted a sample..result was Undetected (Negative), & now i've been told that i need to repeat this test after 28-31 days post the exposure date..is this testing really reqd & is there a slightest chance that i would be infected & even if i was shouldn't the DNA PCR take those doubts out of the window....??? Please tell me! I'm a LIL concerned..the lab where i tested said that The DNA PCR testing even though not being used normally to diagnose Hiv, is a very sensitive test & gives accurate results, after about a week of suspected infection???

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 04:45:04 pm »
Your risk wasnt low.  It was and IS NON-existent.  Test all you like. You will continue to be negative.
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 05:23:28 pm »
Doctors are not infallible gods. You absolutely were not at risk for transmission.

Testing is not needed. You are wasting your money. Stop it now. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline americande

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 05:01:34 am »
Hey thanx Andy.....& AC......just wanna get on with my life..without thinking that any ache or pain or feverish symptom i get aint related to HiV.....hope u understand....so i just dun need to test right???? thanx!!1

Offline americande

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 05:18:04 am »
I'm just making a post now to get some info for the future....not relating to this incident coz after the repeated assurances i'm feeling a lot better...just wanted to know..

By the way i've been reading on the web & in some places it is said that the CDC doesn't approve of DNA PcR testing for routine diagnosis of HIV, but i've have heard it does refer to the 28 days DNA PCR as a very good indicator??? is it true???? so i will just do a follow up test after a week & few days which will eventually be 28 days post the date of the suspected exposure....will that put a sure end to the doubt.....???

& in some places there is also a reference made to the eclispe period before which HIV becomes detectable with a PcR test which is generally 10-15 days & maybe a lil longer such about 18-28 days, is this true???

Just wanted to really know whether i can cool off after the 28 day PcR test? now i guess that cud be answered since my risk was almost nIL....

also just wanted to know about this antibody testing...if a PcR for example PcR does not find any detectable HiV in someone's blood sample, then why would there be a possiblity of finding antibodies for the same..now i'm trying to work out this logic coz i dunno whether it's right..but ur expert comments would certainly be appreciated!!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:00:24 am by americande »

Offline americande

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 07:58:44 am »
Andy why i really got concerned was for the last couple of days i've been having weakness, persistant diahrrea & uncertainity & irritation on the skin...this got me worried & i went ahead with the visit to the doc & got tested......even if there was the slightest chance i wanted to rule it out....

are any of these symptoms to be concerned of when one refers to Hiv???

Offline americande

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 08:26:04 am »
I'm just making a post now to get some info for the future....not relating to this incident coz after the repeated assurances i'm feeling a lot better...just wanted to know..

By the way i've been reading on the web & in some places it is said that the CDC doesn't approve of DNA PcR testing for routine diagnosis of HIV, but i've have heard it does refer to the 28 days DNA PCR as a very good indicator??? is it true? so i will just do a follow up test after a week & few days which will eventually be 28 days post the date of the suspected exposure....will that put a sure end to the doubt.....

& in some places there is also a reference made to the eclispe period before which HIV becomes detectable with a PcR test which is generally 10-15 days & maybe a lil longer such about 18-28 days, is this true???

Just wanted to really know whether i can cool off after the 28 day PcR test? now i guess that cud be answered since my risk was almost nIL....

also just wanted to know about this antibody testing...if a PcR for example PcR does not find any detectable HiV in someone's blood sample, then why would there be a possiblity of finding antibodies for the same..now i'm trying to work out this logic coz i dunno whether it's right..but ur expert comments would certainly be appreciated!!!! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy why i really got concerned was for the last couple of days i've been having weakness, persistant diahrrea & uncertainity & irritation on the skin...this got me worried & i went ahead with the visit to the doc & got tested......even if there was the slightest chance i wanted to rule it out....

are any of these symptoms to be concerned of when one refers to Hiv??? 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 08:45:27 am »
If you look back and re-read the responses you've already received, how much clearer can we make it that we don't believe testing is even necessary in relation to your concern.

You were not at risk. Period.

Your symptoms? Discuss them with your doctor. There is nothing HIV-specific about any of them, but that's no surprise since you weren't at risk for transmission. Get it?

Forget about testing and get on with your life. Really. 
Andy Velez

Offline americande

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 02:29:13 pm »
thanx andy this kinda assurance.....means a lot!!!!!

Offline americande

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 10:34:45 am »
Hi Guys just had a question...is it true that HIV cannot cause symptoms without being detectable in the blood ????

Just wanted ur opinion about this????

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 10:38:41 am »
HIV doesnt produce the symptoms.  The production of antibodies produces the symptoms.  A test taken at the appropriate time will detect these antibodies. 

All that being said.  You didnt have a risk.  So symptoms and HIV are of no concern.
RIDE!!!

Offline americande

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 01:26:24 pm »
Well yeah i know.....My risk was almost close to nil but just trying to get as much info as possible so that i can be aware of things for the future!!!!

You see i forgot to mention that the sex-worker whom i had had this encounter with did have a cold & she was complaining about it....is a cold any sort of Hiv symptom???? sorry but i dont mean to pester..please lend me ur thoughts...........

Offline americande

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 01:30:12 pm »
Well i've been experiencing headaches, pain in the ears, & some sort of uneasiness in the armpits & groin...i did discuss these with my doc, & that's why he asked me to take a PcR at 10 days, which was negative & asked me to repeat this test after 31 days, if there was some slight outside chance..just that any pain or headache i feel, my mind goes back to that incident.....& i dunno how to deal with it..will a 31 day PcR ( now i know it's not necessary) but just for peace of mind put an end to my tension???
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:32:13 pm by americande »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 01:41:55 pm »
A cold is a cold.  Not a symptom of HIV.

Test all you like over this incident.  You will be negative.
RIDE!!!

Offline americande

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2007, 01:50:37 pm »
It was really this........i had used the fingers of my right hand to finger the sex-worker, & then i used the same fingers to masturbate about a minute later, now i had gloves on, but then i removed the gloves when i had started to masturbate, i was wearing those disposable gloves, when her vaginal fluids touched my hand, i felt kind of wet on my fingers...can HIV permeate through these sort of gloves.....it was about a minute, after which her phone rang, then i ran to the rest room, washed my hands & then came back & re-started the masturbation process.....it's the first round that i'm worried about, i had also touched my penis with gloves on, earlier when we tried various positions for the blowjob, sorry to sound so graphic....but wanted to be as clear as possible....so at that time her wet vaginal secretions were on my glove covered fingers, i know HIV cannot after my skin of the fingers , what i'm mainly worried about was when i touched my penis with those gloves & later when i took of those gloves & started masturbating, though i must add that when i first masturbated i did wipe my fingers on a towel, which the sex-worker had used to wipe the discharge of her nose, as i told you she had a cold.....is ther any chance there could be the slightest chance of infection??
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:52:27 pm by americande »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 02:03:10 pm »
Can i ask you one question.  what have we already said?

That is your answer.
RIDE!!!

Offline americande

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 04:21:57 am »
Hi Guys, Thanx for all the support you've given me through this month, I know my risk was very low, But just for peace of mind i'm going to take the HIV DNA PCR test at 30 days post exposure to calm my nerves, it's not coz i dun trust the advise on this site, i do & without you guys i would've gone crazzzzyyy.....so thanx again, just wanted to know how accurate the HIV DNA PCR is at 28 days or more after exposure?? ( I'm gonna do it at a nationally accreditd lab which is also accredited by the CAP - college of american pathologists, they take great care in transporation & testing procedures to avoid paradoxical results) & are there any statistics around which mention whether people have tested negative on the PCR post 28 days & then seroconverted later??? if so is the % high.....I would request the experts to please answer these queries when free....i know most of this info may not be very useful to me with regards to this incident as my risk was low, but please help me out, coz i'm mainly doing the test as "prescribed by my doc" only for peace of mind & this info will be very useful for me to get on with a normal routine in my life!!!!  ;D

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 05:21:24 am »
Americande,

You can do as you please. If you wanna test, go ahead and test. You never had a risk to begin with and thus testing is entirely irrelevant. But you go and test.

There's something you need to know, however.

PCR testing for HIV is not approved for diagnostic purposes. It's designed to monitor the disease progress in HIV positive individuals as well as treatment efficacy.

And there's a good reason why it's not approved for diagnostic purposes. Do you know what that is, Americande?

Matty the Damned is betting you don't.

PCR testing used in HIV negative people such as yourself to undercut the 13 week window period has an unacceptably high rate of false positives.

Yup. False positives.

If you think you're crazy with stress now, imagine what a false positive will do to you.

But that's your lookout. If you want to ignore the advice that you've been given here and pursue this foolish, needless test then, as I said, that's a matter for you. But don't come complaining if things don't work out. In any event it's time for you to seek the assistance of a mental health worker to deal with your fears about HIV infection. We're not able to provide you with that kind of support.

It's time you moved on.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2007, 07:46:44 am »
Like Matty said, it's time for you to move on. You don't have an HIV problem. You have a problem ABOUT HIV. There's a big difference between the two.

It's time for you to be talking with a therapist or other mental health professional about whatever is driving your concern -- instead of coming back here yet again with just one more just one more just one more question.

We've done what we can do for you. This is not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline americande

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 09:49:19 am »
Well Andy & matty, i never meant to pester you guys, infact you've been the source of strength for me, I guess most of my symptoms are all due to the associated stress & guilt of involving myself in the encounter in the first place...sorry for bothering you guys & thanx for everything, I dont feel like leaving this forum coz u guys have been of great help so if i feel really depressed to leave this forum, but i guess we all have to move on.

Andy , Ann, Matty, Rod & everybody Please take care!!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.