Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 07:00:16 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773295
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 2
Guests: 602
Total: 604

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Trying to find support  (Leído 7859 veces)

Desconectado TimFL1983

Trying to find support
« en: Octubre 12, 2023, 06:35:36 pm »
Hi there, my name is Tim. I am new to this forum and new to forum's in general. I am trying to learn how to post and reply. Hoping this forum is what I need right now. I have been trying to find some support online and have been hitting brick walls.

About me. I live in Florida, I got sick in January 2023 with Covid. I ended up with a large growth under my right axilla. Long story short I had been sick for the past three years on and off with weird illnesses and symptoms. Doctor's couldn't figure out what was going on with me the past three years, they kept looking into autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis. So back to January 2023. I ended up going to the ER and got admitted during my stay they ran tons of test and found that I had a necrotic lymph node in the right axilla and there was also an infection. They ended up going surgery to remove the lymph node there and clean the area. During my stay I found out that the infectious disease doctor that saw me the ER ended up doing an HIV test because of the symptoms that I was having and some of the results that appeared. I found out that I actually was HIV positive and my count was 183 at the time. After surgery, numerous antibiotics I was feeling much better. They helped me to make an appointment with a local ID doctor in which I went and started on Biktarvey. I was physically feeling so much better than I had in a while.

The problem though I am having is my mental health. I have suffered with depression/anxiety for years and have been on one antidepressant for it that has got me through. But since my DX it has got bad, life circumstances, family, and horrible fatigue. There is so much going on in my life right now. I am going to just start there and write more later. Thanks for reading.

Tim

Conectado numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
Re: Trying to find support
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 12, 2023, 06:55:31 pm »
Welcome Tim! I’m sorry to hear about your rollercoaster ups and downs so far in 2023. I’m hoping you find some sense of normalcy and routine as you finish it out. You’re in luck as far as support goes. We have a bi-weekly peer support call every other Friday. It’s virtual (google meet) but you can join without audio or video if you prefer. Tomm’s meeting has a topic of “Mental Health and remaining positive while being positive”

After your third post here you are able to PM. If you are interested in the meeting, please PM your email address and I’ll add you to the meeting link.

I hope to see you then- Alan
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Desconectado Allthefeelings

« Respuesta #2 en: Octubre 13, 2023, 02:51:06 pm »
Hi there Tim. I was diagnosed in a relatively similar way back in 2022. It takes time to clear your head and move forward. I just moved to Florida myself and know that there’s a lot of great support here. Please feel free to message me if you ever need to talk.

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #3 en: Octubre 14, 2023, 04:03:42 pm »

ojo.          @tmfl, we are here for you whenever you feel alone , also, you need to participate  on the forum so you can be part of the benefit of being able to send private message to anyone on here, you just need two more posts to get it. We all know how you are feeling and we understand you. It takes time but there’s life after an hiv dx…get in touch with us, we all have shoulders for you to lean on…comprende?, hugs

Desconectado Dogman

« Respuesta #4 en: Octubre 16, 2023, 11:55:01 am »
Hi There, I was diagnosed a year ago, and while I've never had mental issues, this diagnosis has done a number on me mentally. It has gotten better, albeit slowly, you will too. This forum has been a great comfort and support. Hang in there.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.