Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:56:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 474
Total: 476

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Disclosure for work accident insurance in Switzerland  (Read 7127 times)

Offline an92

Disclosure for work accident insurance in Switzerland
« on: January 07, 2020, 01:49:39 pm »
guys!
Serious topic here.
My work is changing their accident cover (it’s a must in Switzerland), and the insurance questionnaire includes the question have you ever taken a hiv test and was the result positive?.
Our secretary asked me to fill it out and return it to her. I don’t want her or anyone else to know. My boss knows, and he’s super supportive, but he also suggested for me not to tell anyone else as their reactions are not predictable.
Do I have to disclose my status in this way? Is it illegal to tick “no” in the form?
She will see the form for sure when I give it back to her, as she is very nice and will check it to make sure I did it right. But I just don’t want to make it common knowledge, it’s my private thing. Basically there is no way I can avoid her and ultimately the rest of my office knowing if I tick yes. What do you suggest I do ?

Offline Matths

Re: Disclosure for work accident insurance in Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 05:55:31 pm »
Whow. That’s a tricky situation. I would be concerned if you provide knowingly wrong information and in case you have a work-related accident whether you are covered. I would consult with an attorney to get legal advice on this (probably employment attorney), and explore if there is any way to submit your information directly to the insurance provider. I must say my first gut response was to not disclose your status but then I thought more.

Best of luck, Matt

Offline lightalltheway

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 02:56:23 pm »
I will surely first discuss this with my manager who knows, then will follow his/ her advice. Personally, I believe this information is private and the fact that you are worried that all the office will know is a sign.

Offline MadDog125

• Not today,
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 03:35:50 pm »
I can't speak for European laws or swiss ones in particular.  I find it odd an employer would be able to even ask.  Hipaa laws are exceedingly strict in the US.  My employer only gets to know which insurance company I picked and that I got an annual exam. 

If I were you I would contact the workman's comp provider directly.  There has to be a way to complete a form like that confidentially.  Standard accident policy in the US is to treat all fluids as an infection risk.  I understand coverage provider asking, I don't understand the lack of discretion.
DX 28DEC17, cd4 112, VC 63000
13FEB18, cd4 215, VC 156
14MAY18, cd4 260, VC 31
23AUG18, cd4 298, VC 61
03OCT18, cd4 300, VC 35
21NOV18, cd4 259, VC <20
18JAN19, cd4 284, VC 24
17APR19, cd4 157, VC <20
24MAY19, cd4 340, VC <20
12AUG19, cd4 304, VC 51
30DEC19, cd4 385, VC <20

Offline harleymc

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 02:48:05 am »
It is a matter between you and your insurer, not you and you e.ployer. submit your correctly filled out form in an envelope marked 'private and confide tial,' .  In the U likely eve t there was a leak, that would create an evidence trail directly to the person you submitted the form to.

Also seek advice from your trade union. You are a member aren't you?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.