Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:38:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: something wrong?  (Read 5407 times)

Offline fututacu

something wrong?
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:46:48 am »
Hi there
Exactly a year ago had an experience with 2 female csw at the same time. I'm straight.

First girl: no oral, no kissing, no fingering, condom protected vaginal sex. She was on top of me, I was sitting in the toilet .. I was not that erected, after a minute or so heard a "pop" and said "what was that?" .. And without removing my penis completely from her (I know dumdass) checked it with my hand and felt everything fine .. We continued for maybe 2 additional minutes and asked her to stop bc I was so flacid that I couldn't continue. She stood up and I saw that (apparently) nothing was wrong. Saw a condom covering my penis completely. Removed it very carefully. Noticed some wetness in my pubic hair area (vaginal fluids I guess), but again didn't notice anything wrong with the condom and threw it away. Never felt any wetness in my penis while trying to penetrate her. By the moment I said stop I didn't even know if I was actually inside of her. Oh! And washed my penis.

Girl 2: started to mastubating me without protection and kind of made my penis semi-hard again. Put on a fresh condom and again to the toilet. This time my penis was harder and  I was actually fucking her.. 2-3 minutes, then she stood up, and martubated me with the condom still on till climax. Removed condom, condom seems to be in perfect shape. Took a shower. End of story.

What worries me the most is the pop sound I heard with girl 1. And maybe vaginal fluids in the scene ..

About 4 weeks after that I had a jock itch like rash in my inner thights (groin area) that went away a few days later with antifungal. Something I've had before in my life so wasn't worried at that time...

Then flash forward to week 10, started to experience severe fatigue,had slight headache for about a week during the afternoons, had a weird heavy acid reflux felling for about 2 days accompanied by a weird feeling in my throat. Like something stucked in there, not severe but disconforting. Everhing happened pretty much simultaneously and went away after a few days

After that (weeks 12 to 16 maybe.. and sometimes till today) I started felling my neck I little swollen (glands?) But couldn't feel any actual swollen gland. Then also started to fell like fullness feeling in my armpits and my groin area.. On and off and more noticeable when I was thinking about the whole thing .. Never felt any pain or felt any actual swollen gland... just a disconforting felling.

Then my gf, whom I've always had safe sex with (always!) , had a severe flu with fever, sore throat, with peeling hands, peelling face skin (like psoriasis or dermathitis) and a weird rash on her feet soles ..

Please help..
1. Does the pop sound meant the condom failed? how can i be sure?
2. Does the rash at week 4 sounds like ARS rash? how is the ars rash?
3. What about the symtoms I felt on week 10 and later?
4. What about my gf symptoms?
5. Should I be worried?

please help. its been year in the dark

regards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:29 am »
From what you have described you have not had any risks for HIV in your sexual activities. You will likely never know what the popping sound was, but if the condom had failed it would have been very visible. When a condom breaks it's not about itty bitty little holes. The whole thing goes and looks like a hoop with fringe on your penis.

There is nothing in anyway HIV specific about your symptoms. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

As long as you consistently use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV.

This is not an HIV situation and I don't see any need for HIV testing.
Andy Velez

Offline fututacu

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 12:17:25 pm »
Thanks andy for your quick answer
Could someone elaborate a little more over my questions?? I just think I need a little education on the subject.
1. Does the rash description and timing are the same as in the ars rash?
2. What about my symptoms at week 10 and later? Too late to be ars? Do they sound like ars? Shouldn't they happened at the same time?
3. What about my gf symptoms?
4. The on going feeling in my neck, armpits and groin sound like swollen glands?? I've heard ppl with hiv have on going swollen galnds that never goes away ..

Please educate me ..

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:48:52 pm »
There is nothing to elaborate on, like you were advised in another forum you never had an exposure.

Offline fututacu

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:01 pm »
Its obvious that your  attitute is to give answers like this one. Even to ppl with confirmed risks your answers are of any help .. Seen it on these forums

Andy, as you can see I'm trying to get answers to my questions in order to learn a little further about all this .. I believed you guys can help ..

Please rod ignore this post. Keep "helping" others but me ok?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »
Its obvious that your  attitute is to give answers like this one. Even to ppl with confirmed risks your answers are of any help .. Seen it on these forums

Andy, as you can see I'm trying to get answers to my questions in order to learn a little further about all this .. I believed you guys can help ..

Please rod ignore this post. Keep "helping" others but me ok?
If you are concerned about symptoms see your doctor, you do not have an HIV concern.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 01:23:28 pm »
No, your rash doesn't sound like the one associated with ARS. The fact that it went away after being treated should tell you it had nothing to do with ARS.

But then as you have been told several time, you didn't do anything to put you at risk for HIV. This is all about fears and what iffing without any basis in HIV science.

If we had any doubts we would say so. But you did not have a risk for HIV. And frankly we're not going to indulge you by going through the minutae of each question when the real bottom line is that you weren't at risk. If you had a real risk, which I hasten to repeat that you didn't, but if you had then symptoms would never tell you anything accurately about your status. Meantime you're just patching together a bunch of totally irrelevant "symptom" questions to feed your fears and all to no good purpose.

Cut it out and get on with your life. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline fututacu

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 05:29:19 pm »
I promise to not come back here .. Please help me with my worries...

1. The Poppy Sound: I said a heard a pop sound with girl #1 and that after the whole thing I saw the condom covering my penis with no visible breaks .. BUT .. My penis was not hard but shrinked and flacid AND no ejaculation took place (no semen on its bag reference) . What if the condom broke but didn't noticed it .. Maybe on the bottom part (the one you don't see while looking from above) ...

2. Does a jock-itch-like rash sounds like a ARS rash? This happened on week 4 ... No other symptoms at the moment..

3. Then my symptoms at week 11-12 .. I've heard headache is part of ARS (I've had it, mild for 4 days) .. BUT .. Is acid reflux a common ARS symptom?

4. At the same time also (11-12 weeks) had a weird felling in my throat, not pain, no sore felling BUT a front neck-swollen feelling AND a mild feeling of having something stucked down your throat (where the tyroid gland is) when swolling .. This happened along with the acid reflux .. Does this sound like the sore throat of ARS? Or could be a combination of sore throat with swollen glands. Never felt that before and definitely is not like the common sore throats you get from flu or mono (had it before) ..

5. What about the "fullness" feeling I've been feeling from time to time on my armpits and groin? Does it sounds like swollen glands? Never felt a swollen "ball" .. Just a more-than-usual puffy/fatty feeling on them ..

6. Please check at my gf symptoms (what is more ironic since we had a lot of sex after the exposure I had, but NEVER unprotected and NEVER had a break.. Does peeling hands is an ARS sign/rash?? What about the rash on her soles??

As said before I had mono like 15 years ago. I believe that like HIV you will always have the mono virus on your blood. Can you infect mono to someone at any time In your life like it is with hiv? Maybe that's what happened to her??

What can I do. I've been a year worried.

Please as said at the beggining, I will never come back, but please someone answers my questions .. I need some education for my future (saying no risk is not enough)

Pleaseeeee.. Beg you

Txs in advance
Sorry for being annoying

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 05:32:42 pm »
No, your rash doesn't sound like the one associated with ARS. The fact that it went away after being treated should tell you it had nothing to do with ARS.

But then as you have been told several time, you didn't do anything to put you at risk for HIV. This is all about fears and what iffing without any basis in HIV science.

If we had any doubts we would say so. But you did not have a risk for HIV. And frankly we're not going to indulge you by going through the minutae of each question when the real bottom line is that you weren't at risk. If you had a real risk, which I hasten to repeat that you didn't, but if you had then symptoms would never tell you anything accurately about your status. Meantime you're just patching together a bunch of totally irrelevant "symptom" questions to feed your fears and all to no good purpose.

Cut it out and get on with your life. Period.

HIV is not your problem. Although you are busily misinterpreting everything you experience as if it is. See your doctor about your symptoms. Nothing you are reporting is HIV specific.

If you come back agian about this you are going to get a Time Out for 28 days or more. HIV is not your problem. Period. Feelings aren't facts. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline fututacu

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 07:41:30 pm »
Please I beg u to give me some light about this .. Maybe ann or mtd??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 08:01:24 pm »
None of your symptoms are in any way HIV specific. And ARS symptoms when they occur come on all at once early on after a genuine risk. Which genuine risk I hasten to repeat you did not have. You can get tested anytime and collect the inevitable negative result if you need that for your peace of mind. 

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor.

I'm now giving you the 28 day Time Out which you were warned about. HIV is not your problem.Get some professional help about it if you can't let go of this unwarranted concern. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around the Time Out by creating a new name here. We'll spot that right off and it will get you banned permanently.

Your thoughts and fears notwithstanding, HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.