Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:15:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773190
  • Total Topics: 66335
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 282
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: COLORADO HIV AIDS WALK September 10th  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
COLORADO HIV AIDS WALK September 10th
« on: September 02, 2006, 02:14:13 pm »
It must be the meds! Dah!

A friend of mine reminded me what this upcoming weekend has in store for Denver September 10.  As this month is my diagnosis month, I feel compelled to join in... This will be my first, Williams Um-teenth.   I am a bit nervous for whatever reason...  But to be amongst others living with HIV/AIDS hopefully will open my eyes to this dilemma I/We am in...

Soooooooo,  me and William will be walking for all of you (not running lol)..  We will be wearing our token AMG Montreal T-shirts that KC was so nice to mail us in his Kaletra silver freezer tight bag a month or so ago...   

I hope we meet up with others we know from AMG including "Positive in the Rockies" and more..... Our home in Denver is  right at Cheesman Park where the event starts so anyone wanting to come back and jump in the pool afterwards is welcome!

Here is a link to the activities in Colorado that weekend -

http://www.coloradohealthnetwork.org/aidswalk.htm

Love

Eric & William

Offline Jeffreyj

Re: COLORADO HIV AIDS WALK September 10th
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:24:14 am »
Hi Eric,
It sure looks like an awesome support group there! Looks well organized. No reason to be nervous...You are doing a great thing in trying to raise much needed $$$ to help support your community there. Good luck and have fun!
Positive since 1985

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 04:36:33 am »
I did this in San Francisco about a month or so ago.  It's a great time, and for a great cause (if I do say so myself  ;D)

John

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 06:05:34 am »
Hey  Eric...

What better way to celebrate life on the anniversary of your diagnosis.  I think you'll find yourself very connected to the people whom you will be walking with (and its ok if you walk slow).  To me its a great way to show your support and I suspect you will be very glad you participated.  I know I was.  And what an excellent idea...wearing our AMG 2006 shirts.   John (who by the way is a terrific guy) did a great job on the design and I commend him for his efforts.

There's no need to be anxious.  You'll be so glad you participated.  Have a great day and I hope you guys raise lots of money.

A BIG THUMBS UP!!!!!
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 06:10:35 am »
eric, could you make the walk 2 times?this way i could say i was there?you know its to far for me to get there,besides i would be stuck on the side of the road looking at the weeds. ;)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:34:58 am »
Well my anxiety has diminished after reading this..  I called my brother and some friends we have in Denver and they are all going to join us for the walk...  I am excited about this as well as just having a 5 day weekend!   Although I will be walking with allot of people who I do not know, I will be thinking about my family here.  I tend to remanise allot when anniversaries come around and I get all mushy and stuff.. So I am sorry if I just sound like a little cry baby. lol

Time to press the T-shirts and get them all nice and pretty...

Love

Offline Blixer

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 10:36:03 am »
Eric,

I hope you and Wil have a great time participating in the walk. It is so cool that it starts near your Denver place.  And with this being the 1 year anniversary of your diagnosis it should be a special occasion for you and those around you.  Have a great time!  I remember just 8 months ago when I was diagnosed and frantic and you were the first person to start talking to me and helping me through those rough days.  Thanks so much!

I'm looking forward to hearing about many more anniversaries for you!  Best of luck with your follow up doctor's visit a couple days after the walk!
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 10:46:44 am »
Thanks David,  Just seeing you here, knowing what you have been through, is a blessing enough for me.  I am so happy you are going on this wonderful cruise and SOUTH BEACH!!  Wow,  I have only seen pictures...   Maybe we can get a bunch to go together someday??  In fact, I am counting on this friendship to last a lifetime..   

Love

PS Hows your tan line?? heheh

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 04:21:57 pm »
Eric, I've walked in our AIDSWALK  for 9 of the past 10 years. I find it rewarding and I'll be walking again this year on Sept 16th PML and all. I went in a pool this past weekend for the first time in over a year so your offer to join you and William in your pool was very tempting. :)

Jeff

Offline Blixer

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 08:54:47 pm »
Eric, I'll try to bring back pictures...  LOL...   and getting a group together would be so cool.  I know there was the Montreal thing and the Amsterdam thing... but those were a little much for me.  Of course, I haven't even made it to Colorado to meet you and  Will yet... so maybe it's all a bit premature.  At any rate, 24 hours from now I'll on South Beach for an evening and in just over 48 hours I'll be in Key West for a day.  I'll think about you on your aids walk as I'm cruising back to Miami on Sunday.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.